Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,274 members, 7,839,364 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:42 PM

Help: Should I Go For Geophysics Or Physics? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Help: Should I Go For Geophysics Or Physics? (751 Views)

Electives: Geophysics Or Nuclear Physics? / Is Geophysics A Good Course To Study / Geophysics Or Electrical? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help: Should I Go For Geophysics Or Physics? by Khaneasy(m): 4:42pm On Jan 06, 2018
Pls I need your help Nairalanders.
I want to write JAMB this year, should I go for Geophysics or Physics in the university and how does both courses look like?
Re: Help: Should I Go For Geophysics Or Physics? by Khaneasy(m): 5:35pm On Jan 06, 2018
Pls someone should help me, am in need of it. Even if you don't know anything about the course, I am in need of your ideas.
Supermods, please help me make it visible to more viewers.
Re: Help: Should I Go For Geophysics Or Physics? by Ramwab94(m): 8:37pm On Jan 06, 2018
Mrphysics can give you more insight.
Re: Help: Should I Go For Geophysics Or Physics? by mrphysics(m): 9:48pm On Jan 06, 2018
There is geophysics under physics while there is geophysics in geology.

Depending on what you want. If you desire to study geophysics, please do it under geology department as it will give you more practical base on the subject.

Then for physics, it's a serious issue as it has many areas where you can major.
It all a matter of choice. Both of them is good, you only need to know the difference and what you want.

If you are interested in research, go for physics. If you want to contribute or be at the forefront of discoveries, impacting lifes and changing the society, then go for physics.

But if you are interested in Niger delta oil, you might ask those doing petroleum engineering how far and take the geophysics
Re: Help: Should I Go For Geophysics Or Physics? by Khaneasy(m): 10:36pm On Jan 06, 2018
Thanks, Mrphysics.

Pls can you help me on the one to choose:
Should I choose physics which open to IT, Technician, etc...
OR Geophysics which in Nigeria will land in oil which is very competitive?

Please advice me on what to choose, cus I need a course after finishing I can do something for myself and find job easier.
Re: Help: Should I Go For Geophysics Or Physics? by mrphysics(m): 10:50pm On Jan 06, 2018
Khaneasy:
Thanks, Mrphysics.

Pls can you help me on the one to choose:
Should I choose physics which open to IT, Technician, etc...
OR Geophysics which in Nigeria will land in oil which is very competitive?

Please advice me on what to choose, cus I need a course after finishing I can do something for myself and find job easier.
Only the rich finds job in the oil and gas regardless of your course of study.

Physics will empower you to think logically and analytical. You can use physics laws everywhere.

oil and gas isn't competitive, it's just for the few connected ones. Whether you studied zoology or botany.

Whichever one you go for, try to empower yourself. While I was an undergraduate, I always learn new things outside my course of study every semester. I pay to learn them. Very necessary
Re: Help: Should I Go For Geophysics Or Physics? by Khaneasy(m): 11:28pm On Jan 06, 2018
mrphysics:

Only the rich finds job in the oil and gas regardless of your course of study.

Physics will empower you to think logically and analytical. You can use physics laws everywhere.

oil and gas isn't competitive, it's just for the few connected ones. Whether you studied zoology or botany.

Whichever one you go for, try to empower yourself. While I was an undergraduate, I always learn new things outside my course of study every semester. I pay to learn them. Very necessary

Thanks for your enlightenment, I think I will be going for Physics.
Re: Help: Should I Go For Geophysics Or Physics? by Khaneasy(m): 11:32pm On Jan 06, 2018
Sorry for disturbing. Please if I may ask, do you know how the course looks like?

(1) (Reply)

Unn: Non Academic Strike Update / Study In France: French Education Fair 2018 / A Must Read For All Jambite - When Will Jamb 2018 Result Be Released? See Date

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.