Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,102 members, 7,818,294 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:08 PM

Chasing Summer - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Chasing Summer (1798 Views)

Chasing Love (A Clean Romance Novella) On Okada Books / CHASING SHADOWS VOL 6 to be released by soon / Chasing Paper!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chasing Summer by Nobody: 8:08am On Jan 08, 2018
Episode #1 : Meeting Amaka
There was this girl I liked in school. Her name was Amaka. Now Amaka was not classically beautiful but Amaka was smart. Ok, now me I have a very big problem. I too like woman. It's not my fault ooo. It's a generational problem. My father before me and his father before him had the same problem. So when I told my friends that I liked Amaka, they were like, "that kind thing". Now see my second problem is that I'm shy. Very very shy. I've never walked up to a lady before and introduced myself, ask for digits and the rest. If l like you, I'll like you from a distance. Every girl I have as a friend was introduced to me by another male friend. So me na, I was just observing Amaka from afar. Then Oluwa shined on me one day. One of my guys, (we'll call him Zuko). Zuko likes girls as much as I do, the difference is that, one, he'll never admit it and two, he actually knows how to talk to them. So my guy Zuko sat down close to this bae in one of our night classes in tutorial. So, as you can imagine Zuko started talking to her. I was happy o, I thought "Zuko will give me an introduction ". That night passed (I didn't get an introduction). Now I have a cliq in school. We're friends (I didn't join bad gang o). We are four in number. Me (we'll call me Off man), my friends (Zuko, Fine boy and Hole man).
Now surprisingly something amazing happened. Fine boy and Hole man went to play football close to Amaka's hostel and she saw them, she called out to them (they sat down close to her in the night class, because of the devil's handiwork, I was the only one that sat at the back). So they approached her and she asked them how they were. They chatted for a few minutes and then she said something amazing. She wanted to cook for us (oshe, that one burst brain, after all the way to a man's heart is through his stomach and....). She asked what she'd cook and they said they didn't know. Luckily I just happened to be passing by and I saw them (amebo like me), I went to find out what was happening.
Me: Cartel men, wetin dey sup na, dis one una position here.
Hole man: Gee, whatsup. This bae say she wan cook for us o.
So introductions were made (finally) and then I said...
To be Continued...
Re: Chasing Summer by Missnande(f): 7:01pm On Jan 08, 2018
Your title though. Is the next book going to be about Amaka also e.g Chasing summer (#meeting Amaka 2). How about : Meeting Amaka (#Chasing summer). Or is this just one book?
Re: Chasing Summer by Nobody: 11:14pm On Jan 08, 2018
Amaka is Summer. The entire book is about her. Chapters 1 and 2 are supposed to be about meeting her. Every subsequent chapter will have a sub - title that captures the main point of the chapter. Thanks
Re: Chasing Summer by Missnande(f): 1:45pm On Jan 09, 2018
James419:
Amaka is Summer. The entire book is about her. Chapters 1 and 2 are supposed to be about meeting her. Every subsequent chapter will have a sub - title that captures the main point of the chapter. Thanks

Alright thanks!
Re: Chasing Summer by Nobody: 7:35am On Jan 10, 2018
Chasing Summer Episode #2 (Meeting Amaka pt2)

I said "Hi". I almost fainted from the amount of adrenaline coursing through my veins.
"Finally", I thought, "I get to talk to this girl".
"Hello, I'm Amaka", she said. I feigned non-chalance (as best as I could in the situation).
"I know", I retorted "I've been watching you for quite some time". " You're in Civil Engineering department, 5"4, you weigh about 63kg and your favourite pastime is reading by the river, alone". I was confident I had impressed her with my knowledge, but I think I just freaked her out with the "stalker vibe", that I was throwing off in waves.
"That's thorough, what have you been doing? Stalking me"?
"No, yes, maybe". She laughed and that sound, the sound of her laughter, it was mesmerizing. I couldn't just stop watching her. In a sense, my awareness of her increased.

"So what is this I hear, you want to cook for us", I immediately changed the subject to avoid the conversation from getting awkward.
"Yeah", she replied "what do you guys like"?
"Well, we like a lot of things not limited to but including women".
"I meant food "
"Oh, that could work too, well we can't actually make a decision now seeing as our leader isn't here, we'll need to meet up with him, talk things over and get back to you". " Is that okay", I asked.
"Yeah, it's cool with me", she replied.
"So how are we supposed to reach you when we get to a final decision, we don't have your digits".
"Okay, take it 070..."
"Wait, Fine boy, cram the first three, Hole man, take the next three, I'll take the last four digits".
She laughed again, " You guys are funny".
That laugh again, reached down to the bottom of my soul and tugged at it.

So we took her digits and returned to the hostel where we conferred with Zuko. We agreed upon Spaghetti and some sweets. Then came the task of calling her. Fine boy had no airtime, Hole man wouldn't call because he was selfish that way, Zuko couldn't call because of certain extenuating circumstances, so I ended up calling her and that was how she got my number.

The next day was a weekday and we had lectures till about 12 in the afternoon, then we had to return to the hostel, freshen up and return by 4pm for tutorials.
We had a pleasant surprise when we went for tutorials, she had cooked. I'm not sure we stayed to the end of the class. We rushed back to the hostel and unpacked the food, she had cooked for four, like there was a lot of food. Fried plantain with spaghetti and boiled egg. She also added the sweets we requested for. It was a glorious feast, we ate like kings whilst chasing away anyone that came to beg (you know how e dey be for hostel when gees never chow).

Looking back at it now, I often wonder if she added love potion to that meal cause when I fell, I fell hard. Anyway that is the beginning of how I started chasing Amaka who never wanted to be caught. By the way, Amaka was an amazingly good cook.
To be continued...
Re: Chasing Summer by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jan 20, 2018
Chasing Summer Episode #3 (The light)
I've never been one to want to like the light. I'm a night person through and through both by nature and habit. I'm more active during the night than at daytime. I embody the night both by my actions and thoughts. Darkness suits me. I'm often a loner. But there's something about the light that gets to you. It's golden colour. It's undeniable warmth. It's refreshing nature. Everything seems better under the light. It's no surprise most of the best movie scenes are shot under the light. It puts everything into focus, perspective. It's unexplainable.
I have no idea what summer is supposed to be like. Read about it a lot but I just couldn't seem to understand it. I guess reading about something and experiencing it are two different things. But I'll try to explain what summer feels like to me. When I think about summer, I think about light, lots and lots of light. I think of hope, goodness, everything doesn't seem so dreary anymore. Growth, beauty, goodness, happiness, fulfillment, Joy. All these things are what I think about when I think of Summer. Those thoughts are also what are predominant when I think of Amaka.
Amaka was not a beauty queen, full disclosure? Modelling would have been the last vocation for her. She wasn't slim like other girls or dressed frivolously. She wasn't the type of girl that wars were fought over. But I couldn't honestly think of beauty without thinking of her. I thought she was the most beautiful girl I had ever met. The smartest too. She was about 5 feet 4 inches tall, she was chubby and she weighed under 65kg. Amaka was average in height, with an oval like face. Prominent fore head and beautiful dimples when she smiled, which wasn't very often. Amaka's eyes were the darkest shade of grey and her lips. She had full luscious lips, lips that haunted men in my dreams. I'd talk about how nice she smelled and the shape of her breasts and butt but I don't want to come off as a pervert (some people think I already am).
Amaka was smart. I keep coming back to that fact. I don't know, I guess I'm just so sapiosexual. She was not only book smart, she was life smart. I know what you all think, she sounds too perfect to be true. Affirmative. Amaka might have been my perfect but she was not perfect. Amaka had a dark side to her. It was what destroyed us in the end. She couldn't change, I couldn't stay forever. We were what we were. We went through fire to refine ourselves. In the end the scalding heat not only destroyed us, it seared our souls and left us incomplete.
To be continued...

1 Like

Re: Chasing Summer by Nobody: 8:42am On Feb 05, 2018
Chasing Summer Episode #4 (Jobless sex)

I'd like to believe that I'm a funny guy and an interesting conversationalist. I mean I have lots of jokes about plenty things. When you've struggled as hard as I have, you need to be able to look at the funny side of things. Getting too serious is bad for the health. Well I was jobless that week. Classes were officially suspended because of the Student Union Government week and I wasn't really down with reading for the entire week. I'd have spent the week watching movies o, but my laptop needed fixing and I didn't have enough on me to pull it off. So in my jobless state, I started thinking. about what, nothing concrete exactly. I just thought about a lot of things. My, myself and I. They say an idle mind is the devil's workshop, well at that moment I was feeling like his workshop and personal apprentice. So I did the only reasonable thing to do, I called Amaka, I thought within myself "she's smart, she'll know a way I can kill time productively". Quick advice, never call a girl to meet you when both of you are jobless unless you intend to have sex. So I called her and she came out to meet me.
We started talking normally, we always had a lot of things to talk about. So we're talking for about three hours and suddenly I start noticing that my breathing has become elevated, I'm like trying to breathe but it's getting harder and harder. When I investigate what is causing this discomfort, I discover that the clothe she's wearing is really flimsy and I can seen her bra as clear as day. OK, I think to myself, this is interesting, maybe she didn't mean anything by it. She might have chosen it without any thought of it. Well I'd really like to explore this option, so I start steering our conversation towards sex. In no time at all we're discussing sex and I'm getting really turned on. Time to take it to the next level, T or D. Always a good method, when you're trynna score some quick sex. Something led to another thing and I'm back at my room at 11 pm wondering what just happened. I think I just had sex with Amaka...
To be Continued...

1 Like

Re: Chasing Summer by hottadiva(f): 9:48am On Mar 01, 2019
Would you be finishing this? Love your thought process
Re: Chasing Summer by Nobody: 11:39am On Mar 01, 2019
hottadiva:
Would you be finishing this? Love your thought process

Honestly, I'm not sure. When I wrote that, I was at a really bad place and I used it to escape from my troubles. I got over my issues and lost the will to continue writing it. But I'll give it another try though. Even though the initial material might be drab...

1 Like

Re: Chasing Summer by hottadiva(f): 4:59pm On Mar 01, 2019
James419:

Honestly, I'm not sure. When I wrote that, I was at a really bad place and I used it to escape from my troubles. I got over my issues and lost the will to continue writing it. But I'll give it another try though. Even though the initial material might be drab...

Awwww. Too bad. You were unto something good
Re: Chasing Summer by Nobody: 10:39pm On Mar 03, 2019
Episode 5 (#A Dream)
I did not have sex with Amaka. Thankfully, it was just a dream. A very stimulating and erotic dream, but just a dream nonetheless. Thank God Oh, me that wants to marry as a virgin. But the SUG week was starting and I really needed something to occupy my time with. Now that I had seen Amaka naked, even if it had only been in my dreams, I couldn’t get that image out of my head now and I found myself pondering over it again and again, I’d just be walking on the road like this now and BOOM!!! I’ll start fantasizing about Brezz. Idleness was never a good thing as my dream had proven and I found myself wondering where this thing with Amaka was really heading to. My modus operandi was admiring from afar, I didn’t really have the guts to approach any girl and pour out my heart to her. Full disclosure? I’m a coward, translation, I too dey fear. I really needed to do something about this Amaka issue, it was slowly taking its toll on me. I was getting fed up with the mushy feelings she elicited from me. Frankly it was a hassle, a disturbance, aggravation. It was just stress abeg.
Secondary school had been a real eye opener on the type of relations that existed between two young, good looking members of the opposite sex. I strictly felt that I wasn’t ready yet, which was why I had never had sex with any person before, a situation I rather wore as a badge of honor. I used it to try to convince people that I had such a powerful self control over my impulses as to be near inhuman. Truth was that I was scared that giving away my virginity spelt a lot of change that I wasn’t formally prepared to accept. I liked things the way they were and wasn’t ready for them to change anytime soon. So whenever something seemed to threaten that notion of being unchanged, I panicked and ran, which was automatically what I did to Amaka. But that happened later.
So last time I talked about Amaka, she was cooking spag for us and we were greedily gulping it down without asking why she was practically spending so much on a bunch of guys that she had just met. I’m still blaming myself till today, maybe if I wasn’t so eager to start accepting gifts, I’d have been more cautious and wouldn’t have gotten my heart broken into a thousand different pieces. Frankly the experience was a painful, yet educative one. On good days where I have the privilege to be granted access to the full power of the logical assessment contained with my mind without the added effect of varying emotions muddling my thought processes, I often wonder if I would have allowed the events proceed in the sequence and intensity with which they did knowing the outcome which they would bear. I wonder if I would have wanted to gain the experience knowing the trauma that accompanied it, I think not. I don’t mind the lesson so much, it was the hurt that came with it that I openly despised. That was the beginning of my woes with regards to Amaka, I didn’t even that I’d survive to tell the tale. Maybe I’m just exaggerating, but I know that the experience changed me in ways that nothing else could.
To be continued…
Re: Chasing Summer by Ann2012(f): 7:40am On Mar 04, 2019
Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: Chasing Summer by hottadiva(f): 2:43pm On Mar 04, 2019
Love the twist
Re: Chasing Summer by Nobody: 8:10pm On Mar 10, 2019
Thanks for the feed back. I'm still working on the next episode, so don't be mad if y'all don't get it by today. God bless

1 Like

Re: Chasing Summer by Nobody: 8:57am On Mar 13, 2019
Episode #6 (A trip to the gym)
Now I faced a terrible problem. What to do about Amaka. I had just started finding out that I really liked her and I wasn’t ready to let her know that yet. I had to protect myself from those feelings as they could cause distraction and hurt if they weren’t handled properly. I designated that task to the part of my brain where I stuffed every other thing that I wasn’t ready to deal with yet. It was the beginning of a new week and I was itching for something new to do. After thinking about it for a few minutes, I decided to start working out. I had a roommate that was a gym buff or as he would often put it, an enthusiast. I decided to ask him about his schedule and how I could go about it. From the discussion we had, it didn’t look like it’d be too hard, so I decided to give it a go. Plus it couldn’t hurt if I eventually made up my mind and decided to ask Amaka out if I was ripped asf. There was this saying that men were visual and women were moved more by what they heard. I’ve always thought that saying is complete BS. Personally I think that people enjoy looking at beautiful things whether you’re a guy or lady. It doesn’t really matter, if you see something that’s appealing to the eye, you’d trip even if you did that in just your head.
So after consulting with my room mate, I signed up at our local gym, nothing too fancy. Just lots of weights made out of cement and chippings. After my first day, I fully understood why my room mate was vague when explaining some things about the gym training to me. This was hell. I literally couldn’t feel my arms, like I didn’t know if they were attached to me. Was this what pain felt like, my arms had turned to lead. I couldn’t move them more than a couple of inches in any direction. Abeg, who send me work. My body was jejely chilling on it’s own when my brain decided to stress my muscles. Maybe I shouldn’t have done this. There were a lot of activities that I could have gotten involved in that would have agreed with my body more. For instance, I could have joined the kegite club or I could have opted to learn a new language. I could have even chosen to join the school football team I’m sure that wouldn’t have stressed me out this much. Mehn, I was whining a lot, I needed to get myself together and man up. It had to get better with time, and it wouldn’t hurt to look a little buff when I decided to confess my love to Amaka.
I didn’t give up going to the gym, I introduced a few of my guys and we all started working out like crazy, that is until we met Oga Kaycee…
To be continued…
Re: Chasing Summer by Nobody: 8:45pm On Mar 20, 2019
Episode #7 (It’d have been a good day if…)
It would really have been a good day if I could get Amaka out of my head. My birthday was coming up in a few days and I could think of nothing else but Amaka. To be honest I was getting tired of thinking about Amaka all the time. If this was what love felt like, I really didn’t like it at all. I could just end it all by telling her about how I felt about her and wait to see where it led. Naah… That just wasn’t my style, I’d rather admire her from afar.
So, I was talking about my birthday. My birthday was coming up and I wasn’t really thinking about it very much. I was born as an only child and my parents did their best to provide the basics for me and some other things to make life more enjoyable to the best of their abilities, but my dad wasn’t really big on birthdays. There was never any elegant and showy show put on for birthdays, so I grew up not thinking too much about my birthdays. It was just another date on the calender. But I had a peculiar wish this birthday. I wanted Amaka to notice me. I know it was childish and insane to think of, clearly I knew that I had no business wishing for things like that but just this once, I wanted something for myself.
This birthday was going to be boring and uneventful, more uneventful than others that had come before it, and frankly speaking the thought was debilitating to say the least. I didn’t even know why I was complaining about my life at this point. I was a hundred percent sure that there were more people who had more troublesome lives than I did. Compared to them, my issues were trivial. It felt shallow complaining about birthdays so I decided to do something productive and helpful for my birthday. I was going to help my guy Blaise clean his room, it wasn’t exactly community service but it was going to have to do. It would get my mind off thinking about unreasonable things for a short while.
I chatted up my guy and the conversation went something like this
“Hey Blaise, what’s up?”
“This boy I’ve told you before, it’s Blaze, not Blaise”
“I know, I just call you that to piss you off”
“SMH. So, what’s good?”
“I’m coming to help you clean your exceedingly messy room”
“Why?”
“Do I need a reason to help you clean your room?”
“Yes, it sounds strange. One guy coming to help another guy clean his room”
“Thunder fire you there. Your homophobia will kee you one day”
“I’m not homophobic. I’m just surprised is all”
“Well I have some stuff I need to work through and physical labor is the only way I can think of to work through it. Plus I know your room is always messy.
“It’s not always messy”
“It is”
“IT ISN’T”
“I don’t have strength to argue with you now, I’ll be there in about an hour”
I left my hostel, with the light that was there and my laptop that was full of movies to go and help my guy clean his room all because I wanted to sort out some issues that were plaguing me only for me to go and fall into the hands of SVC boys.
To be Continued…
Re: Chasing Summer by Nobody: 6:49am On Apr 03, 2019
Episode #8 (Unfortunate Encounter 1)
I had two choices on how to get to Blaise’s house. I could try getting there through the school stadium or I could decide to go through the LIMAN hall where the College of Management Students had their lectures. I wasn’t flush with cash or I’d have just walked down to the main gate and taken a motorcycle down to his lodge. That would have been the best option seeing as it was late and there was bound to be different cult groups operating at this particular hour of the evening. My school was pretty dangerous, though it hadn’t always been that way. It only started quite recently when the chief security officer was changed and another man who hadn’t any ties to the underworld in school was appointed. Frankly it had to do with the changing of the Vice Chancellor, the new one did a complete overhaul of every sector he could get his hands on and that incidentally included the security unit.
So like I was saying I had quite a couple of choices on how to get to where I was going to, I still have no idea why I chose to go through the school stadium. It was a well known fact that the school stadium was no place to be around once it was past seven in the evening, and it was already fifteen minutes to eight. I chose not to go out with my phone though, I left it in my hostel because my battery was low and it needed charging badly, that was probably my saving grace. I had been phoneless before and it wasn’t a favorable experience.
I left my hostel and began walking down to the stadium. I had been walking for about fifteen minutes when I saw them. At first glance, they seemed like they were just two students taking a stroll in the evening but when I got closer to them, I immediately discovered that something was amiss with them. The first thing that registered on my radar was the jerky glances they were throwing my way, I got the feeling like I was about to be held up and it wasn’t long before my fears were confirmed. There were two boys and as it was somewhat dark, I couldn’t make out their features as clearly as I would have if it had been daylight, but from what I could garner, one was built like he lifted Mack trucks for fun and the other was so slim that had it been in a one on one fight, I would have easily beat the crap outta him. It wasn’t long before the humongous one stopped me.
“Aboy Wida”
The moment I heard that, I froze in my shoes, this confirmed my fears. I was about to get jacked. No matter who you were, as long as you moved around in the university environment, you had to pick up some of the slangs that the men in the underworld used. I recognized that phrase and it spelt trouble for me.
To be Continued…
Re: Chasing Summer by Ann2012(f): 7:16pm On Apr 03, 2019
Thanks for the update
Re: Chasing Summer by Nobody: 8:19am On Apr 04, 2019
Ann2012:
Thanks for the update
Thanks for reading
Re: Chasing Summer by Nobody: 8:20am On Apr 04, 2019
Ann2012:
Thanks for the update
Thanks for reading
Re: Chasing Summer by Nobody: 6:39am On Apr 09, 2019
Episode #9 (Unfortunate Encounter 2)
I had to think of a way to get out of this problem as fast as I could. If they kept me here for long, there was a real possibility that others would show up and then I’d be in real trouble. First of all I had to humble myself.
“Bros good evening oo” I replied “How go dey go”?
“Aboy ID yaself dia. Which umbrella dey cover you”?
I was tempted to reply “PDP” but I was pretty confident that answer would probably earn me the most merciless beating I had received in recent times. Don’t get me wrong, I was a military school alumnus. I could take a beating but to a particular extent. When the soldiers in school beat us up, they didn’t want to kill us, just hurt us really badly. These two guys in front of me looked like they wouldn’t mind killing me and selling my kidney to some far away Asian kid they found on craigslist. The large one looked like a he had gone ten rounds with Tyson in his prime and lost every single one of them, so I nicknamed him Tyson’s fist or just fist for short. His companion on the other hand made me very nervous. He emanated quiet menace, it just oozed from his pores. He did his best to hide it, whether instinctively or by training, he knew he looked dangerous and he tried to make himself seem less so. To the untrained eye, it would have worked, but like I said earlier, I was a product of the military. I had often seen soldiers that acted in a similar fashion. This guy had killed before and he wasn’t afraid of doing it again so I dubbed him executioner.
Fist was probably just a foot soldier, Executioner was the one with the real power here and thus the one that I should have been wary of.
“Bros, me na JJC oh, I no sabi shingbai”
“Wida you na, how come you enter dey tenterii for my 44, comot body put ynash”
“Enh”?
Now I was lost. I had been following what he was saying until he started mixing words with numbers. How on earth was I going to get out of this one? Of all t he roads I could have followed, why did I have to pick a shortcut”? I once again begun thinking about the merits and demerits of spilling my guts to Amaka. I could just tell her how I felt about her and see where it went from there. Naaah, what if she didn’t want me back, then where would that leave me. I had a really bad history with love, I didn’t want a repeat of that. I was much too scared to try to do it all over again. Without a shadow of a doubt, I was sure that I loved Amaka, but I wasn’t going to let it take over my life like last time.
Through our entire exchange, executioner just quietly looked on without saying a word, I had to find a way to appeal to him.
“Bros abeg I no understand” I continued
“You wan use us play, oya aboby fall out your capper”
Hey, my enemies were at work, what did this one want with my phone.
To be Continued…
Re: Chasing Summer by Ann2012(f): 8:57am On Apr 09, 2019
Well done OP
Re: Chasing Summer by Nobody: 6:48pm On Apr 13, 2019
Ann2012:
Well done OP
Thanks
Re: Chasing Summer by Nobody: 7:23am On Apr 17, 2019
Episode #10 (The Benefactor)
I wasn’t with my phone, but I wasn’t sure that that would pacify Fist. He looked just about ready to explode and pound me into a pulp. I didn’t know what to do and so I decided to do the only thing that I could. I begun running a series of simulations in my head on how I could escape from these hoodlums. I had gotten myself into a most uncomfortable situation if I did say so myself. This wasn’t how I envisioned my night going, I had a set plan in my head and these guys were seriously killing my vibe. If only I could find a way to distract them, I had a good chance of running away from them, I was athletically built and I semi confident that I could at least outrun Fist. Executioner, like I had pointed out before made himself seem almost not present and that disturbed me, the fact that he worked so hard to conceal his presence and seem non-threatening, I was almost sure that if I took off, that he would come after me and he would catch me. I really didn’t know what to do
“Aboy you deaf? I say fall out your capper” that was fist again, he was becoming more insistent and something told me that I’d get slapped if I couoldn’t come up with a comprehensible answer.
“Bros I no hold am, I plug am for house as I dey comot”
I just told him that I wasn’t with it and that I’d left it at home charging. I didn’t know if he was going to believe me or if he’d go ahead and search me.
He observed me for a few seconds and then he went ahead to search me. He didn’t find anything on me and then he slapped me. I was expecting the slap and I moved towards him as he slapped him, his hand didn’t have enough space to gather momentum and so his slap was not that effective. It was a technique that I’d learnt in school. I found out that people were generally displeased when you dodged or attempted to dodge their slaps. I don’t think Fist was bright enough to recognize what I’d done but I spied Execu out of the corner of my eye smiling devilishly like he had found a gold coin on the floor.
I thought he was going to point out what I’d done to Fist but then he did the most shocking thing ever. He slapped Fist on his head and ordered him to stand down. It wasn’t that he ordered him to stand down that shocked me the most, it was that he said it in perfect English, with diction that could have passed for that of a High school English teacher.
I was still trying to pick my jaw up off the floor when he addressed me directly.
“What’s your name?” he asked.
“Henry” I replied
“Your real name” he retorted. That was when I understood just what I was dealing with, he wasn’t like me or anyone else that I knew. There was something eerie about him, what I had first pegged as training was not actually training. He had help concealing his presence. He was not just dismissible because he willed himself to be so, something was helping him. This guy was using jazz…
To be continued…
Re: Chasing Summer by Ann2012(f): 4:29am On Apr 18, 2019
Well done OP
Re: Chasing Summer by Nobody: 8:34pm On Apr 19, 2019
Ann2012:
Well done OP
Thanks Ann.

(1) (Reply)

7 DAYS WASN’T ENOUGH !!! (short Story) / Poetry Put Youths To Sleep.Why? / The Cow Conundrum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.