Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,178 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:17 AM

What Do You Call Your Mum's Or Dad's Uncle? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Do You Call Your Mum's Or Dad's Uncle? (1195 Views)

Can You Marry Someone Like Your Mom Or Dad?? / Your Mum Or Your Wife: Who Should Sit At The Front Seat Of Your Car? / Pictures You Can Relate To If Your Mum Is A Typical African Mum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Call Your Mum's Or Dad's Uncle? by Omuneizzy6(m): 12:36pm On Jan 08, 2018
To be frank i dont know what to call him.. I only call Big dad... I dont know about you... What do u call yours.
Re: What Do You Call Your Mum's Or Dad's Uncle? by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jan 08, 2018
uncle na
Re: What Do You Call Your Mum's Or Dad's Uncle? by Omuneizzy6(m): 12:42pm On Jan 08, 2018
OceanmorganTrix:
uncle na
your mums uncle
Re: What Do You Call Your Mum's Or Dad's Uncle? by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jan 08, 2018
Omuneizzy6:
your mums uncle

ehen na
Re: What Do You Call Your Mum's Or Dad's Uncle? by jerflakes(m): 2:39pm On Jan 08, 2018
Big uncle

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Call Your Mum's Or Dad's Uncle? by Donald3d(m): 3:40pm On Jan 08, 2018
Grand Uncle chikena
Re: What Do You Call Your Mum's Or Dad's Uncle? by Donald3d(m): 3:40pm On Jan 08, 2018
Grand Uncle chikena
Re: What Do You Call Your Mum's Or Dad's Uncle? by shinarlaura(f): 4:47pm On Jan 08, 2018
Great uncle
Re: What Do You Call Your Mum's Or Dad's Uncle? by corpershun: 11:44pm On Feb 17, 2018
Grandpa or Big Daddy
Re: What Do You Call Your Mum's Or Dad's Uncle? by Sagamite(m): 9:25am On Feb 18, 2018
Omuneizzy6:
To be frank i dont know what to call him.. I only call Big dad... I dont know about you... What do u call yours.

Formally, in the English language, they are called "great-uncle".

Personally, I think that is pure rubbish inconsistency, so I reject it and call them "grand-uncle".

Let these English mudafuckers be consistent by sticking with "great" for the generation of one's great-grandparents and with "grand" for the generation of one's grandparents.

Worse still for this inconsistency is that the term "grand-uncle" is not already in use for some other label.

This follows my principles in life that because it is in popular used, or some respected people do it, does not mean I have to toe the line.

I will create my own rules as I don't accept any ideas or ideals without questioning and scrutinising it. I am comfortable being an iconoclast.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Call Your Mum's Or Dad's Uncle? by Sagamite(m): 9:27am On Feb 18, 2018
Omuneizzy6:

Big Daddy is a very popular generic term used in Nigeria for any close male relative more than 7 years older one's dad.
Re: What Do You Call Your Mum's Or Dad's Uncle? by Nobody: 9:54am On Feb 18, 2018
Sagamite:

Big Daddy is a very popular generic term used in Nigeria for any close male relative more than 7 years older one's dad.

i thought that was what they called you wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6sGofCFmKg
Re: What Do You Call Your Mum's Or Dad's Uncle? by Sagamite(m): 10:13am On Feb 18, 2018
oyb:

i thought that was what they called you wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6sGofCFmKg

That is in bed, homie. grin

Got girls like khiaa screaming "Hit it, Big Daddy". grin

But, men, good taste in music choice.

That is from when rap used to be rap, not the utter nonsense they have today. I got that shyt on repeat. cool

I really feel sorry for the teenagers today and the crap they have to listen to. undecided

Some of these so-called rappers need to be shot!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiNNBc557OQ
Re: What Do You Call Your Mum's Or Dad's Uncle? by yourbae(f): 1:37pm On Feb 18, 2018
Mpa

(1) (Reply)

Nin Verification / Please Help! My 3 Years Old Niece Can't Talk Properly / I Have To Speak Up Before My Mum Ends Up Like Osinachi- Lady Cries For Help (vid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.