Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,939 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:40 PM

Premier League Players You You Did Not Know Are Muslim - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Premier League Players You You Did Not Know Are Muslim (1236 Views)

Shocking List Of Players You Never Knew Are Nigerians / Premier League: Players earning £10,000 per week or less / 33 Great Players You Would Miss In World Cup 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Premier League Players You You Did Not Know Are Muslim by Oyinlomobambam(m): 2:35pm On Jan 08, 2018
Religion is unarguably the most sensitive subject in the world, yet many of the football stars are quite open about their religion their culture. But then again, there remain some players whose choice of religion is still unknown to many and here i bring you some of premier league players who you may not know are Muslim.
*Shkodran Mustafi*
Arsenal defender Shkodran Mustafi has been one prolific figure for Arsene Wenger since his arrival from Valencia. But while his ability of giving his opponent a run for their money is known to many, the fact that he is Muslim is still majorly unknown amongst his supporters. “Being a Muslim is very important to me, more important than anything, although sometimes travel makes it difficult for me to always pray when I want to," said Mustafi in an interview with German newspaper, Bild.
*Eden Hazard and Kurt Zouma*
According to a report from the Daily Mail, Chelsea marksman Eden Hazard is a devout Muslim and his teammate Kurt Zouma, who is on loan at Stoke City right now, is too. The Belgium international is not quite open about his religion, but Zouma is, and the fact that he wishes his fans on Eid everytime is the perfect specimen of it.
*Emre Chan*
Just like Arsenal's Mesut Ozil, Emre Can is a German international of Turkish descent. Time and again - before the start of every game- midfielder is seen praying.
*Ilkay Gundogan*
Manchester City midfielder Ilkay Gundogan is another devout Muslim in the Premier League. The midfielder every time wishes his fans on Eid via his social media channels.
*Marouane Fellaini*
Manchester United contract rebel Marouane Fellaini has grabbed a lot of headlines in recent time. Known for his brilliant in-air capabilities, many of his fans are still unaware of the fact that he is born Muslim. The Belgium international was born to Morrocan parents before he started playing the sport for Standard Liège.
*Mousa Dembele*
Tottenham midfielder Mousa Dembele, like his teammate Moussa Sissoko, is another Muslim in Tottenham squad. Back in June 2017, the midfielder wished his fans a very Happy Eid on Twitter by saying: "I'd like to wish all my Muslim followers and friends a very Happy Eid"*

Re: Premier League Players You You Did Not Know Are Muslim by marooh: 3:07pm On Jan 08, 2018
Ok....
Christians abeg make una list una own
Re: Premier League Players You You Did Not Know Are Muslim by Oyinlomobambam(m): 8:45am On Jan 09, 2018
marooh:
Ok.... Christians abeg make una list una own

That's unlimited o

3 Likes

Re: Premier League Players You You Did Not Know Are Muslim by Betdey: 2:11pm On Jan 09, 2018
Play Our Mythical sports and bet on fictitious matches.

--------------------------

⚽️ EL Atletico Madrid vs EL CF Valencia

� #MythicalSports

� 19:30 GMT+1

Bet here ➡️ /pf4qXX

--------------------------

#Betdey #AtleticoMadrid #Valencia

(1) (Reply)

PSG Ace Di Maria Send Huge Warning To Teammates Aheadof UCL Clash / Sunday Juice / How Long Will Arsenal Stick With Arsene Wenger ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.