Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,150 members, 7,821,924 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:51 PM

My CAF Award, A Gift To Nigerians, Says Oshoala - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / My CAF Award, A Gift To Nigerians, Says Oshoala (6533 Views)

Asisat Oshoala Storms Mushin With Her CAF Award (Photos) / Asisat Oshoala Poses With Her CAF Award (Photo) / Who Wins The CAF Award Today: Salah, Mane, Or Aubameyang? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My CAF Award, A Gift To Nigerians, Says Oshoala by Nkemakonam62: 6:00am On Jan 09, 2018
Super Falcons striker, Asisat Oshoala has said that the African Footballer of the Year award she won last week in Accra, Ghana is a gift to all Nigerians, particularly the younger generation, girl child and women who have been a source of inspiration for her.

Oshoala, who previously won the award in 2014 and 2016, was named Women’s Footballer of the Year last Thursday by CAF, beating Cameroun’s Gabrielle Aboudi Onguene and Chrestina Kgatlana of South Africa to the top prize.

The 2015 BBC Women’s Footballer of the Year, who moved to Dalian Quanjian of China at the beginning of last season after enduring a not-so-successful period in England with Liverpool and Arsenal ladies, yesterday presented the CAF Award trophy to the Group Managing Director of Emzor Pharmaceutical, Dr. Stella Okoli in Ikoyi Lagos. Oshoala has been Emzor’s Brand Ambassador since 2016.

Speaking at the occasion, Oshoala, who scored 12 goals in her first season in China, including a brace in the final game of the season said: “This trophy is not for me. It is for the younger generation, the kids who look up to me, the brand I represent and to all Nigerians who have provided the needed encouragement for me to move on in my football career.

Oshoala was particularly pleased with the role Emzor has played in her career saying: “As a young woman that is growing up, Emzor has motivated me so much. Whenever I look at myself, and the achievements I have made over the years, I always remember the day I signed that endorsement with Emzor. I will continue to be a good brand ambassador, not only to Emzor but to Nigeria and African continent,” she stated.

The striker, whose exploits earned Quanjian a league and Cup double, and was crowned the League’s Best Striker, disclosed that she was not sure if she will continue with the Chinese club or return to Europe this season, just as she declared that her major interest this year is to help the Super Falcons pick a World Cup ticket and also defend the AFCON title in Ghana.

http://www.akelicious.com/2018/01/my-caf-award-gift-to-nigerians-says.html

1 Like

Re: My CAF Award, A Gift To Nigerians, Says Oshoala by bankyblue(m): 6:21am On Jan 09, 2018
Thank God she held on to her dream, if not she would have been in one corner around epe roasting fish or the third wife to one Alhaji, as an hajiya

African beauty kiss

7 Likes

Re: My CAF Award, A Gift To Nigerians, Says Oshoala by Mrphylor09: 6:21am On Jan 09, 2018
Ok
Re: My CAF Award, A Gift To Nigerians, Says Oshoala by MasterKim: 6:22am On Jan 09, 2018
Datz my gf
Diz azeezat no dey use me play at all.
She love me die

7 Likes

Re: My CAF Award, A Gift To Nigerians, Says Oshoala by sodiqapril(m): 6:22am On Jan 09, 2018
keep the flag flying .
Re: My CAF Award, A Gift To Nigerians, Says Oshoala by francisduru: 6:23am On Jan 09, 2018
cool
Re: My CAF Award, A Gift To Nigerians, Says Oshoala by Gloryr: 6:23am On Jan 09, 2018
Gift how??...where?

The most anticipated gift Nigerians desire is for buhari to just resign .....resign with his entire useless team/cabinet.

Rubbish vegetable man

10 Likes

Re: My CAF Award, A Gift To Nigerians, Says Oshoala by Odegbami1(m): 6:25am On Jan 09, 2018
Who dash you girl friend. Ounre wun ole (lazy fool do admire beauty too) ��

MasterKim:
Datz my gf

1 Like

Re: My CAF Award, A Gift To Nigerians, Says Oshoala by supereagle(m): 6:25am On Jan 09, 2018
Ngwanu
Re: My CAF Award, A Gift To Nigerians, Says Oshoala by supereagle(m): 6:26am On Jan 09, 2018
Gloryr:
Gift how??...where?

The most anticipated gift Nigerians desire is for buhari to just resign .....resign with his entire useless team/cabinet.

Rubbish vegetable man

Use your PVC in 2019.

3 Likes

Re: My CAF Award, A Gift To Nigerians, Says Oshoala by ojmetrix(m): 6:27am On Jan 09, 2018
well done girl God pick our call o or else who would recognized u in Nigeria talk more of Africa and the world. pray after me my father my father realise my breakthrough this moment IJN

1 Like

Re: My CAF Award, A Gift To Nigerians, Says Oshoala by xreal: 6:28am On Jan 09, 2018
A gift to nigeria?

if only the same nigeria is fair to her citizens.
Re: My CAF Award, A Gift To Nigerians, Says Oshoala by labbyboi(m): 6:28am On Jan 09, 2018
Gloryr:
Gift how??...where?

Rubbish vegetable man
. I’m still trying to figure out the relationship between Oshoala’s comment and your response... still wondering!

5 Likes

Re: My CAF Award, A Gift To Nigerians, Says Oshoala by Joemetry(m): 6:33am On Jan 09, 2018

LOVELY WOMAN....

MISS INDEPENDENT

kiss

Re: My CAF Award, A Gift To Nigerians, Says Oshoala by abimbolabolaw(m): 6:33am On Jan 09, 2018
Do you want people to know about your goods and services through social media? Do you want us to drive quality traffic, leads & sales to your business and boost your online reputation?

Our services include:
⊙ Social media management
⊙ Social media marketing
⊙ Social Media Influencer
⊙ Trends
⊙ Campaigns(Election) Media Management

Kindly contact us today:
Email: abimbolalawrencezi@gmail.com
Phone number: 08102320310

1 Like

Re: My CAF Award, A Gift To Nigerians, Says Oshoala by overhypedsteve(m): 6:33am On Jan 09, 2018
And we receive and accept this with pleasure
Re: My CAF Award, A Gift To Nigerians, Says Oshoala by adedayoa2(f): 6:34am On Jan 09, 2018
xreal:
A gift to nigeria?

if only the same nigeria is fair to her citizens.
A gift to Nigerians not Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: My CAF Award, A Gift To Nigerians, Says Oshoala by Marcoassensio: 6:37am On Jan 09, 2018
I will open my hand to collectit ;DI will open my hand to collectit
Re: My CAF Award, A Gift To Nigerians, Says Oshoala by BruncleZuma: 6:37am On Jan 09, 2018
Better pikin
Re: My CAF Award, A Gift To Nigerians, Says Oshoala by mamaafrik(m): 6:38am On Jan 09, 2018
Asisa soraee,why u con dey totori me like this?,omore bi MTNn....,mtwee.....eh,sori...... bi iyan
Re: My CAF Award, A Gift To Nigerians, Says Oshoala by Teedawg: 6:39am On Jan 09, 2018
We pass it on to Ghana as a token of appreciation for allowing us to put them and their artist in "one corner " grin grin
Re: My CAF Award, A Gift To Nigerians, Says Oshoala by hgnbello(m): 6:40am On Jan 09, 2018
nice one.... proud of u dear
Re: My CAF Award, A Gift To Nigerians, Says Oshoala by Nairalane: 6:45am On Jan 09, 2018
That's nice of you. Meanwhile, someone who can hit front page faster should help us create a thread on Osun lamentations.... My friend wey dey Osun State dey lament how their governor has refused to pay Salaries despite the bail out funds and the deadline Buhari gave them to pay the workers..... Na beg, Pls, help cry out o for them o I'm not good at hitting front page.

2 Likes

Re: My CAF Award, A Gift To Nigerians, Says Oshoala by Nobody: 6:46am On Jan 09, 2018
To which Nigerians? What notable stuff did this rich transgendered do to merit the award ? Yo bleeping Nigerians won't react now to the blatant mischief against the Cameroonian lady

Bunch of scrotum sacs
Re: My CAF Award, A Gift To Nigerians, Says Oshoala by dhesire(m): 6:48am On Jan 09, 2018
abimbolabolaw:
Do you want people to know about your goods and services through social media? Do you want us to drive quality traffic, leads & sales to your business and boost your online reputation?

Our services include:
⊙ Social media management
⊙ Social media marketing
⊙ Social Media Influencer
⊙ Trends
⊙ Campaigns(Election) Media Management

Kindly contact us today:
Email: abimbolalawrencezi@gmail.com
Phone number: 08102320310

I wish to patronize you, only if you can gather or generate 1000 likes for this post/advert here.
Re: My CAF Award, A Gift To Nigerians, Says Oshoala by designVATExcel: 6:52am On Jan 09, 2018
Just be good at what you do mehn, then obtain favour from God and the sky is your limit.

Just see how popular she has become through the works of her hand.

All professions are lucrative mehn, you just gotta be among the best and find God's favour.

1 Like

Re: My CAF Award, A Gift To Nigerians, Says Oshoala by Lakebeyin(m): 6:59am On Jan 09, 2018
Where's babu? I detest that old stubborn man
Re: My CAF Award, A Gift To Nigerians, Says Oshoala by Nobody: 7:24am On Jan 09, 2018
While some are busy rejecting marriage proposal trophy to the extent of even pouring water on the presenter.

Well, congratulations to Azeezat, congratulations to the kids looking up to her, congratulations to Nigeria.

Fulanocrazy practitioner no go see this one ooooooooooooooo
Re: My CAF Award, A Gift To Nigerians, Says Oshoala by Gloryr: 7:31am On Jan 09, 2018
labbyboi:
. I’m still trying to figure out the relationship between Oshoala’s comment and your response... still wondering!

im just an angry nigerian...thats all
Re: My CAF Award, A Gift To Nigerians, Says Oshoala by Nobody: 8:15am On Jan 09, 2018
smiley
Re: My CAF Award, A Gift To Nigerians, Says Oshoala by PhiJoi(m): 8:29am On Jan 09, 2018
This is what I know as beauty not someone they say she is d most beautiful girl in Nigeria (Yvette Member.) Asisat we are proud of you

(1) (2) (Reply)

Di Maria Vs Hazard: Who Is A Better Playmaker? / 10 Professional WWE Wrestlers From Africa, 5 Are Nigerians (photos) / Why Is There No Cashout 4 My Bet9ja Booking?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.