Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,158 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:01 PM

Did You Play Ludo When You Were Small, How About Snake &ladder? - Forum Games - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Forum Games / Did You Play Ludo When You Were Small, How About Snake &ladder? (2140 Views)

Make 2,000 Daily For Playing Ludo Game Online / Make Atleast #2000 Daily By Plaing Ludo Online / It Is Raining Heavily, Can She Get Her Cloth? How Many Ladder Does She Need? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did You Play Ludo When You Were Small, How About Snake &ladder? by MiddleDimension: 12:30pm On Jan 09, 2018
hey guys, please dont pay attention to the topic of the thread as what i intend this thread to be all about, is completely different.

i chose this topic and this section because it is rarely visited which means fewer chances that non informed people will come in here to derail it. so i have decided to select you guys @abumadea @madcow @siraweezy @larrypourl @naturalwaves @chuckzyfcb @sochima1989 @allymarry89 to come here and give me advice on an issue. i was in a thread which is about salary scale for schools in lekki, badore exis. your contribution to that thread shows you all are the right once to give me an advice on this issue

i am applying to Atlantic Hall, Meadow Hall, Chrisland, Greenspring et al to teach Mandarin Chinese.
but the problem is, i dont know what the salary scale for this kind of job would be.

someone told me a lady in Greenspring who teaches spanish earns 400, 000 naira per month. for Mandarin, whose teachers are even fewer and the language more sought after today, what do you suggest i should be looking at? i dont want to sell myself short.

for those of you who teach in such schools, do you have a mandarin teacher, do you think your school needs one?
Re: Did You Play Ludo When You Were Small, How About Snake &ladder? by naturalwaves: 2:08pm On Jan 09, 2018
MiddleDimension:
hey guys, please dont pay attention to the topic of the thread as what i intend this thread to be all about, is completely different.

i chose this topic and this section because it is rarely visited which means fewer chances that non informed people will come in here to derail it. so i have decided to select you guys @abumadea @madcow @siraweezy @larrypourl @naturalwaves @chuckzyfcb @sochima1989 @allymarry89 to come here and give me advice on an issue. i was in a thread which is about salary scale for schools in lekki, badore exis. your contribution to that thread shows you all are the right once to give me an advice on this issue

i am applying to Atlantic Hall, Meadow Hall, Chrisland, Greenspring et al to teach Mandarin Chinese.
but the problem is, i dont know what the salary scale for this kind of job would be.

someone told me a lady in Greenspring who teaches spanish earns 400, 000 naira per month. for Mandarin, whose teachers are even fewer and the language more sought after today, what do you suggest i should be looking at? i dont want to sell myself short.

for those of you who teach in such schools, do you have a mandarin teacher, do you think your school needs one?
To start with, I do not think that figure is correct. Mandarin is not so common in schools around here at all. What I will suggest is that, you should not try to get to these schools but float a mandarin club in them. You start up a club and introduce it to the school. You can charge a 10k to 20k a term per participant. If you have an average of 10 pupils in 5 schools, that is 50 pupils times 10k each, and that will give you 500k in three months. You can visit the schools one at a time in each day of the week and this means that you will have all your morning time to yourself to do other things. Mind you, the 10k figure is the minimum o and the 10 per school is the average. You may even have 30 in a school. The number of pupils you will get depends on your packaging and how you wow them when you introduce the club on the assembly or wherever you do the presentation. You can even hire a Chinese lady for your presentation. grin

1 Like

Re: Did You Play Ludo When You Were Small, How About Snake &ladder? by allymarry89(f): 2:23pm On Jan 09, 2018
naturalwaves:

To start with, I do not think that figure is correct. Mandarin is not so common in schools around here at all. What I will suggest is that, you should not try to get to these schools but float a mandarin club in them. You start up a club and introduce it to the school. You can charge a 10k to 20k a term per participant. If you have an average of 10 pupils in 5 schools, that is 50 pupils times 10k each, and that will give you 500k in three months. You can visit the schools one at a time in each day of the week and this means that you will have all your morning time to yourself to do other things. Mind you, the 10k figure is the minimum o and the 10 per school is the average. You may even have 30 in a school. The number of pupils you will get depends on your packaging and how you wow them when you introduce the club on the assembly or wherever you do the presentation. You can even hire a Chinese lady for your presentation. grin
MiddleDimension, I will go with this advice too

1 Like

Re: Did You Play Ludo When You Were Small, How About Snake &ladder? by MiddleDimension: 2:43pm On Jan 09, 2018
naturalwaves:

thanks alot. this means i will have to write a proposal and send to the schools. that was my thought initially but i was thinking that such schools will prefer to have an in house teacher since they would want their students to be able to speak eventually.
Re: Did You Play Ludo When You Were Small, How About Snake &ladder? by naturalwaves: 4:32pm On Jan 09, 2018
MiddleDimension:

thanks alot. this means i will have to write a proposal and send to the schools. that was my thought initially but i was thinking that such schools will prefer to have an in house teacher since they would want their students to be able to speak eventually.
The in house thing will not pay you. It will take a while but if you're an in-house teacher, you could get private lessons to teach Mandarin depending on the packaging and how you present it. If a school gives you 100k and you have about three private mandarin lessons, you can make say an extra 100k to make 200k or more for you but lessons aren't always consistent.

The proposal thing you're talking about isn't something you should take as a big deal o. You can approach these schools as a visitor and ask to see the Head and all and if you want to do a letter too before appointment, that will be okay. Trust me, it has to be about how you "wow" them. I could give you good suggestions when you finally make up your mind.

1 Like

Re: Did You Play Ludo When You Were Small, How About Snake &ladder? by MiddleDimension: 7:51pm On Jan 09, 2018
naturalwaves:

The in house thing will not pay you. It will take a while but if you're an in-house teacher, you could get private lessons to teach Mandarin depending on the packaging and how you present it. If a school gives you 100k and you have about three private mandarin lessons, you can make say an extra 100k to make 200k or more for you but lessons aren't always consistent.

The proposal thing you're talking about isn't something you should take as a big deal o. You can approach these schools as a visitor and ask to see the Head and all and if you want to do a letter too before appointment, that will be okay. Trust me, it has to be about how you "wow" them. I could give you good suggestions when you finally make up your mind.

i really appreciate your help.

yesterday, i sent an application letter together with my cv to about 9 of those schools but they have not recieved it yet since the delivery day is thursday (i used UPS). do you think it makes sense if i just go to one of those schools and try out your suggestion before the UPS actually gets to them?

and majority of those schools are boarding schools, how will the students go and inform their parents about the Mandarin club?
Re: Did You Play Ludo When You Were Small, How About Snake &ladder? by naturalwaves: 7:59pm On Jan 09, 2018
MiddleDimension:

i really appreciate your help.

yesterday, i sent an application letter together with my cv to about 9 of those schools but they have not recieved it yet since the delivery day is thursday (i used UPS). do you think it makes sense if i just go to one of those schools and try out your suggestion before the UPS actually gets to them?

and majority of those schools are boarding schools, how will the students go and inform their parents about the Mandarin club?
I'm on the road. Will make an appropriate reply when I am settled.

1 Like

Re: Did You Play Ludo When You Were Small, How About Snake &ladder? by MiddleDimension: 8:09pm On Jan 09, 2018
naturalwaves:

好的�

how about me put it to them this way: if you want me to be an in house teacher like every other teacher, then you have to pay me this amount of money; but the benefit will be that the students will learn faster ans better. and if you cant accept that, then i may want to consider being a freelance teacher and come only once a week to teach the Mandarin club and then charge per head.
Re: Did You Play Ludo When You Were Small, How About Snake &ladder? by MiddleDimension: 11:06pm On Jan 09, 2018
also, when you say ''club'', what do you mean really? do you mean a group if students who are going to be learning and speaking Mandarin, which is not too different from what most french teachers do? or are the students going to be doing other things?
Re: Did You Play Ludo When You Were Small, How About Snake &ladder? by enemmo(f): 12:11am On Jan 11, 2018
Grace children school/ high school teach mandarin.

1 Like

Re: Did You Play Ludo When You Were Small, How About Snake &ladder? by MiddleDimension: 6:42am On Jan 11, 2018
enemmo:
Grace children school/ high school teach mandarin.

do they need someone?
Re: Did You Play Ludo When You Were Small, How About Snake &ladder? by enemmo(f): 3:09am On Jan 12, 2018
MiddleDimension:

do they need someone?

I don't know...

1 Like

Re: Did You Play Ludo When You Were Small, How About Snake &ladder? by MiddleDimension: 8:54am On Jan 12, 2018
naturalwaves:

hello bro! you never got back to me again.

anyway, my application has been delivered since teusday and i have not be called yet. i am thinking of going down to the schools by myself.
Re: Did You Play Ludo When You Were Small, How About Snake &ladder? by naturalwaves: 11:01am On Jan 12, 2018
MiddleDimension:

anyway, my application has been delivered since teusday and i have not be called yet. i am thinking of going down to the schools by myself.
I will still get back bro. Tight schedules. I didn't forget.
Re: Did You Play Ludo When You Were Small, How About Snake &ladder? by naturalwaves: 8:58am On Jan 16, 2018
MiddleDimension:

好的�

how about me put it to them this way: if you want me to be an in house teacher like every other teacher, then you have to pay me this amount of money; but the benefit will be that the students will learn faster ans better. and if you cant accept that, then i may want to consider being a freelance teacher and come only once a week to teach the Mandarin club and then charge per head.
Excellent idea bro. This suggestion is not bad. Make sure you do not come too cheap.
Re: Did You Play Ludo When You Were Small, How About Snake &ladder? by naturalwaves: 9:00am On Jan 16, 2018
MiddleDimension:

If you want to go on your own, hold your CV again as if you want to drop it and ask if you can see the school Heads.
Re: Did You Play Ludo When You Were Small, How About Snake &ladder? by Matinoh: 4:54pm On Jan 16, 2018
naturalwaves:

If you want to go on your own, hold your CV again as if you want to drop it and ask if you can see the school Heads.
hello bro.. please can you share a link to the active mathematics trend.. I just can't find it.. thanks
Re: Did You Play Ludo When You Were Small, How About Snake &ladder? by naturalwaves: 10:19pm On Jan 16, 2018
Matinoh:

hello bro.. please can you share a link to the active mathematics trend.. I just can't find it.. thanks
Okay . It has been long I solved there because of work. This is the link. You can navigate through the pages.
https://www.nairaland.com/1147658/nairaland-mathematics-clinic/246

Also, follow the thread si that it won't be too difficult looking for it again.
Re: Did You Play Ludo When You Were Small, How About Snake &ladder? by Matinoh: 4:43pm On Jan 17, 2018
naturalwaves:

Okay . It has been long I solved there because of work. This is the link. You can navigate through the pages.
https://www.nairaland.com/1147658/nairaland-mathematics-clinic/246

Also, follow the thread si that it won't be too difficult looking for it again.
thanks alot sir
Re: Did You Play Ludo When You Were Small, How About Snake &ladder? by naturalwaves: 10:53pm On Jan 17, 2018
Matinoh:

thanks alot sir
You're welcome bro. You can mention me if you have a question.

(1) (Reply)

Add Your "Tongue Twisters" Here! / Question Of The Day!; Answer If You Are Genius / Truth And Dare

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.