Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,752 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:19 AM

Heartbreaks Like You Don't Know It - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Heartbreaks Like You Don't Know It (345 Views)

Know It Good People Still Exist / Know It, Good People Still Exist / Do You Know It Is Possible You Know A Stranger? FICTION (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Heartbreaks Like You Don't Know It by Queerlyshrewd: 10:24pm On Jan 09, 2018
Eric receives a text message from Jessica,
"I know you're about leaving the gym, but I need help with the gas cooker you fixed the last time. Hurry up before my house explodes".
An obvious lie, Eric knew, but for some reason there is. Eric heads over.
At the house, Jessica's in some red lingerie tugs Eric, one hell of a muscular guy and pushes him down to the couch with just a finger. The rest is history....
Eric goes home to Victoria and everything is just wrong about Eric's countenance. He smiles, hugs her and it made the lipstick stains utterly obvious. Victoria asked," you were with Jessica?" Before Eric could say another word, She ran into the room in tears...

Just like that, there's another heartbroken girl in town.

Heartbreak, we've all been there, we've all experienced it.
It doesn't even necessarily have to be with someone you were 'in love ' with it, could be like when you were younger and you wanted to follow your mummy out and she sends you inside to put on your 'going out shoes ' but after doing as you're told and you come back out she's already gone.
It could be that time you wanted a bicycle and your parents told you that if you came out first in class they'll get you one and as it does happen you do come up to snuff but no bicycle or it could be something deeper like losing a loved one. Whatever way, heartbreak sure knows how to kick you in the vag (or balls as the case may be).

After love songs, songs about heartbreak has to be next on the list about songs most written. See how heartbreak goes hand in hand with love, you can't get genuinely heartbroken by something you didn't love (that's how people set traps for themselves by themselves).

As it pertains loving a man, what about the heartbreak really hurts? Beyonće once said, " it's not the act(cheating) that hurts, its looking at the other woman and realising she has had the half of you and she isn't even half of you".
Yes! There's the jealousy and anger of sharing something you hold dear but Beyonće wasn't absolutely right. Women are deep lovers, when they really love you, they do it with all they've got; they become rid of complete reasoning sometimes. The lengths a lady in love will go for a man can be bewildering. To do all that and see it be all for nothing is more than enough to lose your sanity. It plunges the woman into a world of questions,"was it my fault", "what does she have that i dont, is it her bigger this or that ".

For men? It's mostly just jealousy well coated with pride. A man can be cheating on his girl with 27637282637373603 women but, he would still be devastated if His "main chick" cheats. Funny thing is Men lack the emotional capacity to handle a heartbreak.
I remember a time my friend had his gf cheat on him and broke with him when he realised. He got sick, physically and mentally. He stayed late nights, took long walks, drank, partied all to forget but nothing worked. He swore never to love again but I'm sure you know how that turned out...

The funny part is after all the self promises never to love again, how women swear they hate men and all of that. We always find someone to make us reconsider. But my advice is, just before you say 'Yes" again, know this.
That heartbreaks are going to happen, you can't avoid it
they are almost a necessary evil. And it will happen when you least expect it, when your life is as perfect as a Disney movie, when you think nothing can go wrong.....then bam you're knocked off your feet. Avoiding it is futile, trying to always be cautious of it so that it doesn't take you unaware can drive you insane. Maybe the ideal thing would be to embrace it and just hope that when it happens you'll be able to move on.

http://queerlyshrewd..com

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Never You Be Intimidated By The Fear Of Failure / Oh! What A Beauty / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.