Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,130 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:42 AM

The English Name For Bird Called Eye Odere Koko,....Ibo Name? - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / The English Name For Bird Called Eye Odere Koko,....Ibo Name? (14145 Views)

Bird With Cipher Ring Falls From Sky In Ondo, Causing Confusion (Photo) / This Extremely Rare Bird Is Half Male, Half Female (Pictures) / Cassowary: How The World's Most Dangerous Bird Got Its Unique Feathers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The English Name For Bird Called Eye Odere Koko,....Ibo Name? by IDnoble1: 6:42pm On Jan 10, 2018
The beautiful bird called laughing/ palm/Senegal dove is scientifically known asSpilopelia senegalensis. it is called Eye Odere koko or simply Odere Koko in Yoruba due to its perculiar coo or call that sounds like “odere koko” to the Yorubas and it is easily distinguished from other doves by the call.
if I'm to choose a bird as pet I would go for palm doves because of their beauty and wonderful sound they make.
I wish to know how they are called in IBO and HAUSA Languages.
Read more about the lovely bird here:

https://infoonlinehub./2017/12/21/palm-dove-the-english-name-for-eye-odere-koko/

Re: The English Name For Bird Called Eye Odere Koko,....Ibo Name? by Mortiple(m): 7:31pm On Jan 10, 2018
Ndigbo call it "NDURU"

2 Likes

Re: The English Name For Bird Called Eye Odere Koko,....Ibo Name? by ZAKAJ: 9:52am On May 26, 2018
How many species of dove exist
Re: The English Name For Bird Called Eye Odere Koko,....Ibo Name? by thegloor: 7:46pm On May 10, 2020
Just found this

(1) (Reply)

Teenager Uses Lights To Protect Livestock From Lions / Elon Musk Deletes Telsa and SpaceX's Facebook Page / Design And Build Of A Pure Sine Wave Inverter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.