Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,487 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

The First Time You Spoke In A New Tongue!!! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The First Time You Spoke In A New Tongue!!! (1164 Views)

The First Time You Spoke In Tongues: Share The Experience / Daddy Freeze Reacts To Video Of Woman Who Spoke In Tongues / Stop Saying Those Negative Words. Today I Uproot Every Negative Word You Spoke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The First Time You Spoke In A New Tongue!!! by bingbagbo(m): 9:13pm On Jan 10, 2018
I once doubted tongue speaking according to God's word
I said all these tongues were fake (Jesus forgive me)
Well, a few years ago, i bowed
Tongue is real brothers, yeah i know it sounds silly to the unsaved but it is one of the gifts of the Holy Spirit

So when did you speak your first ever new tongue?

Ask me anything about tongue

Mark 16:17 - And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

1 Corinthians 14:2 - For he that speaketh in an [unknown] tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth [him]; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries.

Acts 19:6 - And when Paul had laid [his] hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.

1 Corinthians 13:1-13 - Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become [as] sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal. (Read More...)

1 Corinthians 14:39 - Wherefore, brethren, covet to prophesy, and forbid not to speak with tongues.
Re: The First Time You Spoke In A New Tongue!!! by Jochabed(f): 9:17pm On Jan 10, 2018
Speaking in tongues is something else,you feel as though you now communicate with God on a much more deeper level.
Re: The First Time You Spoke In A New Tongue!!! by danvon(m): 9:19pm On Jan 10, 2018
Jochabed:
Speaking in tongues is something else,you feel as tough you now communicate with God on a much more deeper level.
how many people understood you?

1 Like

Re: The First Time You Spoke In A New Tongue!!! by bingbagbo(m): 9:19pm On Jan 10, 2018
Jochabed:
Speaking in tongues is something else,you feel as tough you now communicate with God on a much more deeper level.

sure, you are right
Re: The First Time You Spoke In A New Tongue!!! by Jochabed(f): 9:21pm On Jan 10, 2018
danvon:
No one.
Re: The First Time You Spoke In A New Tongue!!! by PraiseDLord: 9:25pm On Jan 10, 2018
Jochabed:
No one.
But God understands!

1 Like

Re: The First Time You Spoke In A New Tongue!!! by Jochabed(f): 9:26pm On Jan 10, 2018
PraiseDLord:
But God understands!
Sure He Does!
Re: The First Time You Spoke In A New Tongue!!! by PraiseDLord: 9:26pm On Jan 10, 2018
danvon:
You're not praying to man but to the Almighty God!
Re: The First Time You Spoke In A New Tongue!!! by danvon(m): 9:27pm On Jan 10, 2018
Jochabed:
No one.
I'm glad you admitted no one understood you, can you give me one scenario in the Bible where the apostles spoke in tongues and no one understood?

1 Like

Re: The First Time You Spoke In A New Tongue!!! by bingbagbo(m): 9:35pm On Jan 10, 2018
danvon:
I'm glad you admitted no one understood you, can you give me one scenario in the Bible where the apostles spoke in tongues and no one understood?

it was an Apostle that wrote this .....1 Corinthians 14:2 - For he that speaketh in an [unknown] tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth [him]; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries.

read your bible, and dont harden your heart
Re: The First Time You Spoke In A New Tongue!!! by danvon(m): 9:39pm On Jan 10, 2018
bingbagbo:

it was an Apostle that wrote this .....1 Corinthians 14:2 - For he that speaketh in an [unknown] tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth [him]; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries.

read your bible, and dont harden your heart
I think you need to read that chapter to the end

"So likewise ye, except ye utter by the tongue words easy to be understood, how shall it be known what is spoken? for ye shall speak into the air."
1 Corinthians:14:9

"Wherefore let him that speaketh in an unknown tongue pray that he may interpret."
1 Corinthians:14:13

1 Like

Re: The First Time You Spoke In A New Tongue!!! by bingbagbo(m): 9:44pm On Jan 10, 2018
danvon:
I think you need to read that chapter to the end

"So likewise ye, except ye utter by the tongue words easy to be understood, how shall it be known what is spoken? for ye shall speak into the air."
1 Corinthians:14:9

"Wherefore let him that speaketh in an unknown tongue pray that he may interpret."
1 Corinthians:14:13

why interpret? that i s when you prophecy in tongue, in a congregation...that is when you have to interpret not when you are speaking directly to God via prayer. Why must i interpret my prayer to God for another man?

3 Likes

Re: The First Time You Spoke In A New Tongue!!! by danvon(m): 9:53pm On Jan 10, 2018
bingbagbo:

why interpret? that i s when you prophecy in tongue, in a congregation...that is when you have to interpret not when you are speaking directly to God via prayer. Why must i interpret my prayer to God for another man?
That's what the Bible says, that chapter also differentiates between prophecies and tongues I think you should read that chapter

"He that speaketh in an unknown tongue edifieth himself; but he that prophesieth edifieth the church."
1 Corinthians:14:4

"For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful."
1 Corinthians:14:14

1 Like

Re: The First Time You Spoke In A New Tongue!!! by sekeyso(m): 10:23pm On Jan 10, 2018
danvon:
That's what the Bible says, that chapter also differentiates between prophecies and tongues I think you should read that chapter

"He that speaketh in an unknown tongue edifieth himself; but he that prophesieth edifieth the church."
1 Corinthians:14:4

"For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful."
1 Corinthians:14:14

You're mixing praying in tongues and speaking in tongues. They are two different things, while speaking in tongues requires interpretation praying in tongues does not need any interpretation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The First Time You Spoke In A New Tongue!!! by danvon(m): 10:26pm On Jan 10, 2018
sekeyso:

You're mixing praying in tongues and speaking in tongues. They are two different things, while speaking in tongues requires interpretation praying in tongues does not need any interpretation.
Well the topic is 'First time you spoke in a new tongue'
can you pray without speaking?

1 Like

Re: The First Time You Spoke In A New Tongue!!! by sekeyso(m): 10:36pm On Jan 10, 2018
danvon:

When you pray in tongues you utter words which only the spirit understand (Romans 8: 26-27) But in the case of speaking in tongues you utter words which can be interpreted for the edification of the church. Speaking in tongues is rare but most people confuse it with praying in tongues which is most common and the first sign of the baptism of the holy spirit

2 Likes

Re: The First Time You Spoke In A New Tongue!!! by MuttleyLaff: 5:55am On Jan 11, 2018
danvon:
Thumbs up, my brother
but you'll have your work cut out for you because people are not ready to know and not prepared to accept that there is a "LIE" in what they've beLIEved "speaking in tongues" to be.

Even praying in the spirit has been misunderstood and made into a caricature

Never underestimate the human capacity to delusion.
Deep down some already have come to know the truth but denial's grip on them, is so strong, it's only by the grace and strength of God, that they'll be able to successfully wrestle free themselves from it
Re: The First Time You Spoke In A New Tongue!!! by candelahria(f): 6:50am On Jan 11, 2018
It was beautiful. So effortless. I wasn't trying hard to. The words were just flowing from my spirit.

1 Like

Re: The First Time You Spoke In A New Tongue!!! by MuttleyLaff: 8:28am On Jan 11, 2018
candelahria:
It was beautiful.
So effortless. I wasn't trying hard to.
The words were just flowing from my spirit
1) In what language were the "words" spoken?
2) How often and where regularly do you speak the "language or tongue"?
3) Why do you prefer doing it than anything else in its place?
Re: The First Time You Spoke In A New Tongue!!! by pesty100(m): 8:31am On Jan 11, 2018
candelahria:
It was beautiful. So effortless. I wasn't trying hard to. The words were just flowing from my spirit.
You mean the jargon?

1 Like

Re: The First Time You Spoke In A New Tongue!!! by bingbagbo(m): 11:13am On Jan 11, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
1) In what language were the "words" spoken?
2) How often and where regularly do you speak the "language or tongue"?
3) Why do you prefer doing it than anything else in its place?

Very useless questions
Re: The First Time You Spoke In A New Tongue!!! by bingbagbo(m): 11:14am On Jan 11, 2018
candelahria:

Thank Jesus
Re: The First Time You Spoke In A New Tongue!!! by MuttleyLaff: 12:52pm On Jan 11, 2018
bingbagbo:
Very useless questions
Tufiakwa.
Typical and predictable remark coming from a gormless person.
Some people want to remain ignorant
and not think about the truth of the matter
because the truth requires change
Re: The First Time You Spoke In A New Tongue!!! by bingbagbo(m): 8:27pm On Jan 11, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
Tufiakwa.
Typical and predictable remark coming from a gormless person.
Some people want to remain ignorant
and not think about the truth of the matter
because the truth requires change

Thanks
Re: The First Time You Spoke In A New Tongue!!! by MuttleyLaff: 9:24pm On Jan 11, 2018
bingbagbo:
Thanks
[img]https://s1/images/MuttleyMannersB4.gif[/img]
Pfft.
Where were your manners before?
Re: The First Time You Spoke In A New Tongue!!! by bloodofthelamb(m): 10:10pm On Jan 11, 2018
bingbagbo:

Very useless questions
It is not a useless question... It is an eye opening question

1 Like

Re: The First Time You Spoke In A New Tongue!!! by bingbagbo(m): 10:53pm On Jan 11, 2018
first day i spoke in tongues, i couldnt believe myself, the experience was just awesome, absolutely awesome
Re: The First Time You Spoke In A New Tongue!!! by MuttleyLaff: 8:06pm On Jan 14, 2018
bloodofthelamb:
It is not a useless question... It is an eye opening question
His manner betrayed his ignorance
besides useless or useful is subjective
Re: The First Time You Spoke In A New Tongue!!! by MuttleyLaff: 8:07pm On Jan 14, 2018
bingbagbo:
first day i spoke in tongues, i couldnt believe myself, the experience was just awesome, absolutely awesome
Revelling in his own ignorance
Re: The First Time You Spoke In A New Tongue!!! by bingbagbo(m): 8:21pm On Jan 14, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
Revelling in his own ignorance

keep deceiving yourself
Re: The First Time You Spoke In A New Tongue!!! by MuttleyLaff: 8:37pm On Jan 14, 2018
bingbagbo:
keep deceiving yourself
You can lie, deny, counter-accuse and act gullible as much as you like

Stop lying to yourself.
When we deny a truth, we deny our own potential and thereafter short-change ourselves

Denial is the worst kind of lie because it is the lie you tell yourself
The truth cant set you free until you recognize, this lie, is holding you hostage

bingbagbo, most times people like you, are so afraid to answer important questions similar to the three I asked candelahria,
not because you fear giving the wrong answers but because you fear the truth

(1) (Reply)

Since 3 Years I Pasted Lord's Chosen Sticker On My Gas Cylinder, I Have Not Refi / Easter Youth Alive Program At Winners Chapel Starts Today! / Nigerian Lady Curses God, Says He Doesn’t Exist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.