Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,144 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:08 AM

My Free Premier League Predictions For This Weekend For Sure ! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / My Free Premier League Predictions For This Weekend For Sure ! (20130 Views)

Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2013/2014 / English Premier League Fixtures For This Weekend And Beyond / Champions League Predictions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Free Premier League Predictions For This Weekend For Sure ! by tmoney2008(m): 12:36pm On Apr 11, 2010
i have just got another great Predictions for you this week.

SATURDAY

PREMIER LEAGUE

Hull v Burnley
Hull v Burnley

Hull will see this game as their route to salvation, in the hope they win and they benefit from a favourable result in West Ham's game against Sunderland - and after the way Burnley played against Manchester City last week it's impossible to tip anything other than a home win.

That 6-1 defeat will have hurt Burnley and it will be very difficult for manager Brian Laws to raise the team now. They were just completely torn apart and the problem was that Manchester City really didn't have to work too hard to score their six goals.

Hull work hard and put teams under pressure. They have problems with their finishing but they will get enough chances to win this one.

Burnley will be relegated. But, having made money out of their first year in the Premier League, they will rebuild and they will come back stronger - and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. Look at the examples of Birmingham, West Brom and Newcastle.

As for Hull's chances of survival, it's a straight fight between them and West Ham to join Burnley and Portsmouth in the Championship next season. I can't see anyone else getting dragged into the scrap and I see it as 50-50 as to who survives and who goes down.

Prediction: 2-0

Match preview

West Ham v Sunderland
West Ham v Sunderland

Sunderland enjoyed a very good win last week against a Tottenham side robbed of their three best central defenders - there was always going to be a chance for Steve Bruce's side to take advantage of that and they did.

The Black Cats are safe now, but I don't see them taking their foot off the pedal in the league. Every position they climb in the table is worth about an extra £250,000 and that cannot be sniffed at by either the players or the club.

Saying that, though, Sunderland haven't been great on their travels all season and they visit the classic tight pitch at Upton Park this weekend.

I thought West Ham showed a lot of spirit last week against Everton, they kept coming back and I think that will be a big fillip to them. As I said before I see it as being between them and Hull to go down this season and I just fancy the Hammers to get what would be a massive win for them on Saturday.

Prediction: 2-1

Match preview

FA CUP SEMI-FINAL

Aston Villa v Chelsea (1700 BST)
Aston Villa v Chelsea

For a start, I don't think the fact that Chelsea thrashed Villa 7-1 the other week will have any impact at all on this match. It is a completely different day and an FA Cup semi-final at Wembley is always a one-off, any-side-can-win-it situation.

In semi-finals even the most experienced of players can get jittery and succumb to nerves, and you can never quite predict who will cope with the occasion best.

I do fancy Chelsea, but it will be a tight match.

It will be interesting to see how Villa play tactically. I guess they will allow Chelsea plenty of room, sit back, and look to hit them on the break - that is probably when you see the best of Villa.

There has been the recent story that Martin O'Neill was going to quit the club, but I think that was as much down to the manager's frustration with the fans as anything else. Supporters always want that little bit more, but Villa have had another terrific season, whether they lose on Saturday or not.

Chelsea can see a Premier League and FA Cup double on the horizon, though, and that would be help ease the disappointment of their Champions League exit at the hands of Inter Milan.

Prediction: 1-2

Match preview

SUNDAY

PREMIER LEAGUE

Wolves v Stoke City (1200 BST)
Wolves v Stoke

Wolves have done extremely well this season and they were unlucky not to nick a point against Arsenal last week. You can tell the confidence in the team is good and having settled on 4-5-1 with Kevin Doyle up front they look comfortable and you can't argue with their form.

As for Stoke, well they have been a bit better away from home this season but you always know what to expect from them.

You have to deal with different things with Stoke - not least the ball coming into your box - and it's a pity for Wolves in fact that manager Mick McCarthy can't play himself because it would suit him down to the ground.

I think Wolves, at home, can pinch a win - albeit narrowly.

Prediction: 1-0

Match preview

Blackburn v Man Utd (1330 BST)
Blackburn v Man Utd

This will be all about how Manchester United bounce back from their defeat to Chelsea last week and their Champions League exit at the hands of Bayern Munich, which Rovers boss Sam Allardyce watched from the stands.

Blackburn have been excellent at home this season - their record is up there with the best in the country - but theirs is a big pitch and United will play with width so I fancy that will suit Sir Alex Ferguson's side.

You have to presume Wayne Rooney will sit this one out after his recent injury worries, but quite simply United cannot afford to come away from this match with anything other than three points if they are to keep their title charge going.

For United to win the title, they have got to win all five of their games now and hope Chelsea slip up - and I can certainly see that happening.

I'm not totally convinced by Chelsea - I know they are on a really good run and were excellent when they won at United - but they still have a tendency to drop points when they shouldn't and so if United keep winning, you never know.

Match preview

Liverpool v Fulham
Liverpool v Fulham

Liverpool have got to go for it in every game between now and the end of the season if they are to achieve that fourth spot and qualify for next season's Champions League - and with home advantage and with Fernando Torres and Steven Gerrard once again looking like the players we all know they, I fancy the Reds to win this.

Fulham boss Roy Hodgson has to be in line for the Manager of the Year award for what he has done with the Cottagers this season, they've had a fantastic season yet again and you really cannot speak highly enough of him. Their Europa League form alone has been tremendous and the fact that they are already well safe of relegation is a superb achievement.

But there might be a slight chance of Fulham's form drifting away in the league the longer the season goes on because in many ways they've already exceeded expectations.

Liverpool have a chance - however slight - of finishing fourth and they will be going all out to achieve that, so that might just be a factor.

Match preview

Man City v Birmingham (1600 BST)
Man City v Birmingham

Manchester City are in pole position in that race for fourth place, and theirs is definitely the position I would want to be in at this stage of the season. They still have four home games to come and I can see them winning all of them.

This is definitely a tough game, though, because Birmingham - off the back of a couple of away defeats - have gone back to basics on their travels, which means 4-5-1, making sure the are difficult to play against, employing a high work-rate and restricting the opposition to few chances.

But I think Manchester City, at home, are capable of beating anybody. As we saw last week against Burnley, the wealth of attacking talent in their ranks goes on and on - and even if things are going against them they have options on the bench.

Either way, Alex McLeish has done a fabulous job at Birmingham this season. The new owners at St Andrew's can't have failed to have been impressed by the work the manager has done and his task looking forward is to find a way to combine more of a threat going forward with the defensive maturity and skill they have shown this campaign.

Match preview

FA CUP SEMI-FINAL

Tottenham v Portsmouth (1600 BST)
Tottenham v Portsmouth

Both teams come into this with injury worries - Tottenham defensively, in particular, and Portsmouth, well, everywhere you look in their squad.

I know some people will have already written Portsmouth off, but the fact is this is their Cup final for so many reasons; they are relegated all but mathematically, every single one of their players is playing either for a move or for a new contract, and the financial reward for reaching a Cup final would be massive for the club.

Every single person connected with the club has a massive incentive in this match. And if I was [Portsmouth boss] Avram Grant, I'd be urging my players to make it extremely uncomfortable for Spurs. He's not going to turn Portsmouth into an irresistible attacking force overnight so they have to grind the opposition down, flood the midfield and sneak a result.

Saying that, I can't really see past Tottenham winning. I definitely see it being tight, possibly going to extra-time, but Spurs will always cause you problems with their attacking players and that might just be enough to see them through this one.

Abayomi-taiwo

www.Raisefreecash.com
Re: My Free Premier League Predictions For This Weekend For Sure ! by tayoast(m): 11:50pm On Apr 11, 2010
F9!!!!
Re: My Free Premier League Predictions For This Weekend For Sure ! by bigfather(m): 9:41am On Apr 12, 2010
tmoney2008:

i have just got another great Predictions for you this week.

SATURDAY

PREMIER LEAGUE

Hull v Burnley
Hull v Burnley

Hull will see this game as their route to salvation, in the hope they win and they benefit from a favourable result in West Ham's game against Sunderland - and after the way Burnley played against Manchester City last week it's impossible to tip anything other than a home win.

That 6-1 defeat will have hurt Burnley and it will be very difficult for manager Brian Laws to raise the team now. They were just completely torn apart and the problem was that Manchester City really didn't have to work too hard to score their six goals.

Hull work hard and put teams under pressure. They have problems with their finishing but they will get enough chances to win this one.

Burnley will be relegated. But, having made money out of their first year in the Premier League, they will rebuild and they will come back stronger - and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. Look at the examples of Birmingham, West Brom and Newcastle.

As for Hull's chances of survival, it's a straight fight between them and West Ham to join Burnley and Portsmouth in the Championship next season. I can't see anyone else getting dragged into the scrap and I see it as 50-50 as to who survives and who goes down.

Match preview

West Ham v Sunderland
West Ham v Sunderland

Sunderland enjoyed a very good win last week against a Tottenham side robbed of their three best central defenders - there was always going to be a chance for Steve Bruce's side to take advantage of that and they did.

The Black Cats are safe now, but I don't see them taking their foot off the pedal in the league. Every position they climb in the table is worth about an extra £250,000 and that cannot be sniffed at by either the players or the club.

Saying that, though, Sunderland haven't been great on their travels all season and they visit the classic tight pitch at Upton Park this weekend.

I thought West Ham showed a lot of spirit last week against Everton, they kept coming back and I think that will be a big fillip to them. As I said before I see it as being between them and Hull to go down this season and I just fancy the Hammers to get what would be a massive win for them on Saturday.

Match preview

FA CUP SEMI-FINAL

Aston Villa v Chelsea (1700 BST)
Aston Villa v Chelsea

For a start, I don't think the fact that Chelsea thrashed Villa 7-1 the other week will have any impact at all on this match. It is a completely different day and an FA Cup semi-final at Wembley is always a one-off, any-side-can-win-it situation.

In semi-finals even the most experienced of players can get jittery and succumb to nerves, and you can never quite predict who will cope with the occasion best.

I do fancy Chelsea, but it will be a tight match.

It will be interesting to see how Villa play tactically. I guess they will allow Chelsea plenty of room, sit back, and look to hit them on the break - that is probably when you see the best of Villa.

There has been the recent story that Martin O'Neill was going to quit the club, but I think that was as much down to the manager's frustration with the fans as anything else. Supporters always want that little bit more, but Villa have had another terrific season, whether they lose on Saturday or not.

Chelsea can see a Premier League and FA Cup double on the horizon, though, and that would be help ease the disappointment of their Champions League exit at the hands of Inter Milan.

Match preview

SUNDAY

PREMIER LEAGUE

Wolves v Stoke City (1200 BST)
Wolves v Stoke

Wolves have done extremely well this season and they were unlucky not to nick a point against Arsenal last week. You can tell the confidence in the team is good and having settled on 4-5-1 with Kevin Doyle up front they look comfortable and you can't argue with their form.

As for Stoke, well they have been a bit better away from home this season but you always know what to expect from them.

You have to deal with different things with Stoke - not least the ball coming into your box - and it's a pity for Wolves in fact that manager Mick McCarthy can't play himself because it would suit him down to the ground.

I think Wolves, at home, can pinch a win - albeit narrowly.

Match preview

Blackburn v Man Utd (1330 BST)
Blackburn v Man Utd

This will be all about how Manchester United bounce back from their defeat to Chelsea last week and their Champions League exit at the hands of Bayern Munich, which Rovers boss Sam Allardyce watched from the stands.

Blackburn have been excellent at home this season - their record is up there with the best in the country - but theirs is a big pitch and United will play with width so I fancy that will suit Sir Alex Ferguson's side.

You have to presume Wayne Rooney will sit this one out after his recent injury worries, but quite simply United cannot afford to come away from this match with anything other than three points if they are to keep their title charge going.

For United to win the title, they have got to win all five of their games now and hope Chelsea slip up - and I can certainly see that happening.

I'm not totally convinced by Chelsea - I know they are on a really good run and were excellent when they won at United - but they still have a tendency to drop points when they shouldn't and so if United keep winning, you never know.

Match preview

Liverpool v Fulham
Liverpool v Fulham

Liverpool have got to go for it in every game between now and the end of the season if they are to achieve that fourth spot and qualify for next season's Champions League - and with home advantage and with Fernando Torres and Steven Gerrard once again looking like the players we all know they, I fancy the Reds to win this.

Fulham boss Roy Hodgson has to be in line for the Manager of the Year award for what he has done with the Cottagers this season, they've had a fantastic season yet again and you really cannot speak highly enough of him. Their Europa League form alone has been tremendous and the fact that they are already well safe of relegation is a superb achievement.

But there might be a slight chance of Fulham's form drifting away in the league the longer the season goes on because in many ways they've already exceeded expectations.

Liverpool have a chance - however slight - of finishing fourth and they will be going all out to achieve that, so that might just be a factor.

Match preview

Man City v Birmingham (1600 BST)
Man City v Birmingham

Manchester City are in pole position in that race for fourth place, and theirs is definitely the position I would want to be in at this stage of the season. They still have four home games to come and I can see them winning all of them.

This is definitely a tough game, though, because Birmingham - off the back of a couple of away defeats - have gone back to basics on their travels, which means 4-5-1, making sure the are difficult to play against, employing a high work-rate and restricting the opposition to few chances.

But I think Manchester City, at home, are capable of beating anybody. As we saw last week against Burnley, the wealth of attacking talent in their ranks goes on and on - and even if things are going against them they have options on the bench.

Either way, Alex McLeish has done a fabulous job at Birmingham this season. The new owners at St Andrew's can't have failed to have been impressed by the work the manager has done and his task looking forward is to find a way to combine more of a threat going forward with the defensive maturity and skill they have shown this campaign.

Match preview

FA CUP SEMI-FINAL

Tottenham v Portsmouth (1600 BST)
Tottenham v Portsmouth

Both teams come into this with injury worries - Tottenham defensively, in particular, and Portsmouth, well, everywhere you look in their squad.

I know some people will have already written Portsmouth off, but the fact is this is their Cup final for so many reasons; they are relegated all but mathematically, every single one of their players is playing either for a move or for a new contract, and the financial reward for reaching a Cup final would be massive for the club.

Every single person connected with the club has a massive incentive in this match. And if I was [Portsmouth boss] Avram Grant, I'd be urging my players to make it extremely uncomfortable for Spurs. He's not going to turn Portsmouth into an irresistible attacking force overnight so they have to grind the opposition down, flood the midfield and sneak a result.

Saying that, I can't really see past Tottenham winning. I definitely see it being tight, possibly going to extra-time, but Spurs will always cause you problems with their attacking players and that might just be enough to see them through this one.

Abayomi-taiwo

www.Raisefreecash.com

In all na only one you pass and it's that of CHELSEA.
Re: My Free Premier League Predictions For This Weekend For Sure ! by tayoast(m): 10:05pm On Apr 12, 2010
big father:

In all na only one you pass and it's that of CHELSEA.

he didnt predict d correct scoreline.
Re: My Free Premier League Predictions For This Weekend For Sure ! by abrahym(m): 10:35pm On Apr 12, 2010
Fatai
Re: My Free Premier League Predictions For This Weekend For Sure ! by bigfather(m): 2:03pm On Apr 15, 2010
tayo_ast:

he didnt predict d correct scoreline.

Make we just dash am .
Re: My Free Premier League Predictions For This Weekend For Sure ! by tmoney2008(m): 11:06pm On Apr 15, 2010
big father:

Make we just dash am .

Guys didnt i tried.

You all knows what happen to Man united due to injured.

Watch out for saturday

so i rest my case.

Abayomi-taiwo
www.Raisefreecash.com
Re: My Free Premier League Predictions For This Weekend For Sure ! by tayoast(m): 11:16pm On Apr 15, 2010
hahaha. funni post
Re: My Free Premier League Predictions For This Weekend For Sure ! by tmoney2008(m): 6:18pm On Apr 16, 2010
Dear Great Mind,

How Was Your Day?

Well Mine Was As Good As Every Other Days Because I Am Living Healthy And Wealthy Every Blessed Day.

Below Is My Predictions For Tomorrow's Fixtures

SATURDAY

Man City v Man Utd (1245 BST)

Manchester City have suddenly hit a run of form where goals are extremely easy to come by. They have so many different attacking options, they're almost playing with four strikers at the moment. It's really working for them.

On the other hand, Manchester United have started to look a bit one-dimensional, plus they have injury worries over the likes of Rio Ferdinand and Wayne Rooney.

Rooney is key for United. Look at the impact Robin van Persie had on Arsenal when he came on for the last 15 minutes against Spurs.

Rooney has the same effect on United. Psychologically, the rest of the team get a big lift when he plays.

Prediction: 2-2. so pick Draw

Birmingham v Hull

I thought Birmingham were a bit unlucky to lose 5-1 against Manchester City last time out. The penalty (for Scott Dann's foul on Emmanual Adebayor) was a bit harsh. If they'd got to half-time at 0-0, it might have been interesting.

Hull are doomed. I don't there's any coming back from a 4-1 defeat against Burnley. It's very difficult to rely on your players for the next game after that. There's something fundamentally wrong there.

New boss Iain Dowie has tried to get them organised and no doubt attempted to work on shapes and formations in training, but they really let down themselves defensively against their fellow strugglers.

So Pick Birmingham To Win

Blackburn v Everton

Blackburn's home record is very impressive. They haven't lost at Ewood Park since Spurs went there in December.

Everton, meanwhile, have drawn their last three matches and developed a nasty habit of giving away leads, as they have done against Villa, West Ham and Birmingham in recent weeks.

Blackburn are only playing for their league position, but when each place is worth about £500,000, that's actually quite an incentive.

Prediction: 1-1

So Pick Draw

Fulham v Wolves

Wolves' goalless draw with Stoke last time out wasn't a classic but it was another point for Mick McCarthy's side, who will be safe from relegation now.

I'll go for Fulham in this game, though. Roy Hodgson has made the Londoners very difficult to beat. Even when they have a bad day - and those generally come away from home - they don't concede too many.

Pick Fulham To Win

Stoke v Bolton

If you didn't think Wolves v Stoke was a spectacle, you're probably not going to enjoy this game much. I'll be interested to see the stats for this game, in terms of balls into the box, headers away, challenges made etc.

Bolton were unlucky at Chelsea, in that they didn't get the rub of the green, but Stoke are targeting a top-half finish for the first time in 29 years. I think they'll get the win here.

Pick Stoke to Win

Sunderland v Burnley

It was a top win for Burnley at Hull last week and completely unexpected. They'd lost 6-1 at home to Manchester City in their previous game and managed one point away all season.

However, I'm afraid I can't see lightning striking twice. Sunderland are very comfortable and, like Blackburn, are looking to finish has high as they can up the league.

If a team have a really good finish to the season, they might move up three or four places, which is worth about £2m. If I was the chairman or chief executive of a Premier League club, I'd make sure the players had it written into their contracts that they split part of that money.

Pick Sunderland To Win

Tottenham v Chelsea (1730 BST)

Tottenham's performance in their 2-1 win over Arsenal was a great way to respond to their FA Cup semi-final defeat to Portsmouth.

Can they do it again and beat Chelsea? I'm going to have to say 'no'. The problem for Spurs is that there is a doubt over Ledley King being able to play another game quite so quickly after the last one.

I just think Chelsea have got too much pace, power and nous. Not only that, but they've had an extra day's rest, while boss Carlo Ancelotti can bring Florent Malouda, Joe Cole and Deco back into his starting line-up if he wants to.

Chelsea are now four points clear of Manchester United, but they looked a bit tense during their 1-0 win over Bolton. The closer you get to the finish line, the more tense it gets.

Prediction: 0-2

Pick Chelsea To Win

SUNDAY

Wigan v Arsenal (1330 BST)

I think Arsene Wenger will play Robin van Persie from the start - and, as I've said already, the best players have a big effect on the rest of the team. The Dutchman will be like a dog with a new bone, keen to prove his fitness ahead of the World Cup.

This is a tough one for Wigan, but then it was always going to be a hard season for them. If you keep on selling your best players, it will catch up with you eventually.

Not only that, but manager Roberto Martinez hasn't managed in the Premier League before. But they'll be OK because Burnley and Hull will go down. They will also be stronger for the experience.

Prediction: 0-3

Pick Arsenal To Win

Portsmouth v Aston Villa (1600 BST)

Portsmouth's goalless draw against Wigan in midweek was a really good result. I don't think many would have been surprised to pick up the paper the next morning to find the Latics had won 4-0.

What did Pompey have to play for? They'd just beaten Spurs in the FA semi-finals and already knew they were relegated.

However, I think it will be a case of after the Lord Mayor's show this weekend. Villa are quick and very strong on the counter-attack, and I'm not sure Pompey will be able to deal with that.

Pick Aston villa To Win

MONDAY

Liverpool v West Ham (2000 BST)

West Ham got a very good point against Everton the last time they were on Merseyside and they won last week against Sunderland.

Liverpool will probably be without Fernando Torres, but their home form is generally good.

I don't think this is a game West Ham would have expected to get anything out of, but I think they're safe now, especially as they have a couple of winnable games to come.

Pick Liverpool To Win

We can All Succeed

Abayomi-Taiwo
www.Raisefreecash.com

P.PS Please For Those Who Have Not Place Their Orders On How To Discover
a SECRET Method That You Can Use
To GET FREE N10,000 To KICK-START Your
Football Betting On Nairabet?

I will Advice You To Take Your Orders On Monday Because I will BE Closing Down The OFFER SOON.
Visit www.Raisefreecash.com for more details.

Abayomi-taiwo
www.Raisefreecash.com

N.B I will Love To Let You Know To State To you here that the score is nothing important but winning or lose that was what we are predicting on. The Scores Is Just to prove our expertise.
Re: My Free Premier League Predictions For This Weekend For Sure ! by tmoney2008(m): 10:02am On Apr 17, 2010
Dear Great Mind,

How Was Your Day?

Well Mine Was As Good As Every Other Days Because I Am Living Healthy And Wealthy Every Blessed Day.

Below Is My Predictions For Tomorrow's Fixtures

SATURDAY

Man City v Man Utd (1245 BST)

Manchester City have suddenly hit a run of form where goals are extremely easy to come by. They have so many different attacking options, they're almost playing with four strikers at the moment. It's really working for them.

On the other hand, Manchester United have started to look a bit one-dimensional, plus they have injury worries over the likes of Rio Ferdinand and Wayne Rooney.

Rooney is key for United. Look at the impact Robin van Persie had on Arsenal when he came on for the last 15 minutes against Spurs.

Rooney has the same effect on United. Psychologically, the rest of the team get a big lift when he plays.

Prediction: 2-2

Match preview

Birmingham v Hull

I thought Birmingham were a bit unlucky to lose 5-1 against Manchester City last time out. The penalty (for Scott Dann's foul on Emmanual Adebayor) was a bit harsh. If they'd got to half-time at 0-0, it might have been interesting.

Hull are doomed. I don't there's any coming back from a 4-1 defeat against Burnley. It's very difficult to rely on your players for the next game after that. There's something fundamentally wrong there.

New boss Iain Dowie has tried to get them organised and no doubt attempted to work on shapes and formations in training, but they really let down themselves defensively against their fellow strugglers.

Match preview

Blackburn v Everton

Blackburn's home record is very impressive. They haven't lost at Ewood Park since Spurs went there in December.

Everton, meanwhile, have drawn their last three matches and developed a nasty habit of giving away leads, as they have done against Villa, West Ham and Birmingham in recent weeks.

Blackburn are only playing for their league position, but when each place is worth about £500,000, that's actually quite an incentive.

Prediction: 1-1

Match preview

Fulham v Wolves

Wolves' goalless draw with Stoke last time out wasn't a classic but it was another point for Mick McCarthy's side, who will be safe from relegation now.

I'll go for Fulham in this game, though. Roy Hodgson has made the Londoners very difficult to beat. Even when they have a bad day - and those generally come away from home - they don't concede too many.

Match preview

Stoke v Bolton

If you didn't think Wolves v Stoke was a spectacle, you're probably not going to enjoy this game much. I'll be interested to see the stats for this game, in terms of balls into the box, headers away, challenges made etc.

Bolton were unlucky at Chelsea, in that they didn't get the rub of the green, but Stoke are targeting a top-half finish for the first time in 29 years. I think they'll get the win here.

Match preview

Sunderland v Burnley

It was a top win for Burnley at Hull last week and completely unexpected. They'd lost 6-1 at home to Manchester City in their previous game and managed one point away all season.

However, I'm afraid I can't see lightning striking twice. Sunderland are very comfortable and, like Blackburn, are looking to finish has high as they can up the league.

If a team have a really good finish to the season, they might move up three or four places, which is worth about £2m. If I was the chairman or chief executive of a Premier League club, I'd make sure the players had it written into their contracts that they split part of that money.

Match preview

Tottenham v Chelsea (1730 BST)

Tottenham's performance in their 2-1 win over Arsenal was a great way to respond to their FA Cup semi-final defeat to Portsmouth.

Can they do it again and beat Chelsea? I'm going to have to say 'no'. The problem for Spurs is that there is a doubt over Ledley King being able to play another game quite so quickly after the last one.

I just think Chelsea have got too much pace, power and nous. Not only that, but they've had an extra day's rest, while boss Carlo Ancelotti can bring Florent Malouda, Joe Cole and Deco back into his starting line-up if he wants to.

Chelsea are now four points clear of Manchester United, but they looked a bit tense during their 1-0 win over Bolton. The closer you get to the finish line, the more tense it gets.

Match preview

SUNDAY

Wigan v Arsenal (1330 BST)

I think Arsene Wenger will play Robin van Persie from the start - and, as I've said already, the best players have a big effect on the rest of the team. The Dutchman will be like a dog with a new bone, keen to prove his fitness ahead of the World Cup.

This is a tough one for Wigan, but then it was always going to be a hard season for them. If you keep on selling your best players, it will catch up with you eventually.

Not only that, but manager Roberto Martinez hasn't managed in the Premier League before. But they'll be OK because Burnley and Hull will go down. They will also be stronger for the experience.

Prediction: 0-3

Match preview

Portsmouth v Aston Villa (1600 BST)

Portsmouth's goalless draw against Wigan in midweek was a really good result. I don't think many would have been surprised to pick up the paper the next morning to find the Latics had won 4-0.

What did Pompey have to play for? They'd just beaten Spurs in the FA semi-finals and already knew they were relegated.

However, I think it will be a case of after the Lord Mayor's show this weekend. Villa are quick and very strong on the counter-attack, and I'm not sure Pompey will be able to deal with that.

Match preview

MONDAY

Liverpool v West Ham (2000 BST)

West Ham got a very good point against Everton the last time they were on Merseyside and they won last week against Sunderland.

Liverpool will probably be without Fernando Torres, but their home form is generally good.

I don't think this is a game West Ham would have expected to get anything out of, but I think they're safe now, especially as they have a couple of winnable games to come.

We can All Succeed

Abayomi-Taiwo
www.Raisefreecash.com

P.PS Please For Those Who Have Not Place Their Orders On How To Discover
a SECRET Method That You Can Use
To GET FREE N10,000 To KICK-START Your
Football Betting On Nairabet?

I will Advice You To Take Your Orders On Monday Because I will BE Closing Down The OFFER SOON.
Re: My Free Premier League Predictions For This Weekend For Sure ! by tayoast(m): 1:36pm On Apr 17, 2010
lets hope u improve ds time.
Watching. . .
Re: My Free Premier League Predictions For This Weekend For Sure ! by Phony200(m): 7:42pm On Apr 18, 2010
Lmao. F9 again.
Re: My Free Premier League Predictions For This Weekend For Sure ! by tayoast(m): 8:33pm On Apr 18, 2010
d liverpull hammer is yet 2 be played.
But i dont tink they'll beat west ham by 2 unreplied goals.
Kip tryin, u'll land d jakpot soon
Re: My Free Premier League Predictions For This Weekend For Sure ! by Nobody: 7:46am On Apr 19, 2010
What a silly predictor this guy is.Whomever he is.Only one correct result.
Re: My Free Premier League Predictions For This Weekend For Sure ! by tayoast(m): 8:00am On Apr 19, 2010
oh, he got one ds tym? Which 1 in particular.
Prediction is not easy, abeg. Even d bookies got d wigan - arsenal wrong
Re: My Free Premier League Predictions For This Weekend For Sure ! by tkb417(m): 8:17am On Apr 19, 2010
LOL!

the guy got 2 outta 10
Sunderland won 2-1 not 2-0 and Villa won 2-1 not 2-0
ill give him those two sha cos win na win

but 2/10 =F9 grin grin grin grin

next week we shall see

(1) (Reply)

Chelsea Vs Vidi Fc : Europa League (1 - 0) On 4th October 2018 / Battle Of The Emirate (nov 3rd): Arsenal Vs Manchester United / Liverpool Fc Vs Manchester United (0 - 1) On 17th January 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.