Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,319 members, 7,957,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 09:48 PM

Online Vitual Ifa Divination Website. Need Content Providers. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Online Vitual Ifa Divination Website. Need Content Providers. (4956 Views)

Free Palm Divination Here / Pastors & Imams Come To Consult Ifa – Ifayemi Elebuibon / Cast Free Ifa Divination Online Now - Www.ifaluade.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Online Vitual Ifa Divination Website. Need Content Providers. by Sango256(m): 5:40pm On Apr 11, 2010
I have developed a computerized interactive Virtual Ifa divination matrix for online daily self divination.
I have other proprietary variables that are part of the algorithm for the Virtual Ifa divination. It will emulate real life Babalawo as much as possible. It has a lot of similarities to the daily horoscope that incorporates Numerology as part of its algorithm etc.

My virtual Ifa divination covers all the possible mathematical outcomes of which is  2^8 = 256 possible outcomes
Ọpẹle chain will be visually depicted thus give you the look and feel of a true Babalawo divination process to the best of the virtual world.

I believe this will serve most of us in Diaspora and more so those that are tied to the grid and prefer to stay on the grid for whatever reason.

I am looking for general contributors, content providers.
-Content providers for the Yoruba Ẹsẹ Odu, English Literal and practical translation. [ I dont want to plagiarize other Ẹsẹ Odu out there unless there willing to share. Its not a good idea to start something so pure by slealing lol Intelectual rights will be acknowledge thus credits will be given accordingly.

-Also Spanish and Portuguese Literal and practical translations will be great as the next step.
-Eventually I foresee all the Odu to have multilingual translations in addition to the site content.
Goals;
Simple- I want Ifa [Green] Religion to be accessible on the Grid thus world to have a place to have peace and passion for life.
I am trying to reverse the effects of Colonialism on IFA. It will take a whole lot of people on the Grid to make this possible. So let’s join hands together and start this movement. I eventually will have to get in touch with the 7 high priests of Ifa probably through Prof Abimbọla for blessing on the site [ Aṣẹ].
This will be my legacy for the world.

Wisdom from Ifa;
Irọ ni wọn un pa, Ifa o le parun.
Eke ni wọn un ṣe, Ifa o le parun
Atẹlẹ ọwọ la ba ila, a o mọ ẹni to kọ
Eke ni wọn un ṣe, Ifa o le parun

Ire o Ṣango256
Re: Online Vitual Ifa Divination Website. Need Content Providers. by InesQor(m): 8:05pm On Apr 11, 2010
Real Ifa priests (just like horoscope providers) know that its the shotgun approach: anywhere belle face. So you may as well make the website display random information for any visitor. You still think you need content providers?
Re: Online Vitual Ifa Divination Website. Need Content Providers. by Sango256(m): 2:22am On Apr 12, 2010
There is absolutely nothing is random with Ifa divination. There has been a body of mathematical evidence that proves this point to logical sense. Thus every possible outcome can be repeated by simple mathematical calculations

You can only have 16^16 = 256 possibilities [or 255 in binary numbering].
1 + 8 + 28 + 56 + 70 + 56 + 28 + 8 + 1 = (<8 + 8>wink x 16
8 corresponds to a 4+4 = 8-dimensional SpaceTime
1 corresponds to one Higgs Scalar
28 corresponds to 1+3+8 + 16 = 28 Gauge Bosons
<8 corresponds to 8 first-generation Fermion Particles
8> corresponds to 8 first-generation Fermion AntiParticles after breaking the 8-dimensional SpaceTime into 4 Large-Scale Physical SpaceTime dimensions plus 4 Internal Symmetry Space dimensions, with the consequent production of second and third generation Fermion Particles and AntiParticles, contains a representation of the simplest Standard Model plus Gravity
- see http://www.tony5m17h.net/VodouFA.html
http://www.tony5m17h.net/VodouFA.html#history
, for more information about IFA and Physics. or Mathematics.

My quest and Virtualization of Ifa Divination goals are driven primarily because of Educating the world and not Religion.
Please note that Ifa in its true form is not a Religion; but a way of life; the green and peaceful coexistence of life on a plane called Earth.
Furthermore, it is not my intention to Trojan horse a crusade intent. I do not intend to convert anyone to Ifa religion but demystify the negative aspect of Ifa. How many of us know that the origin of Numerology or Horoscope comes from Jewish, Persian and lately the Greek religion. It serves both logical and emotional needs thus predictions and visual signs were used as part of their religion.
I am taking the logical aspect of their Numerology, Horoscopes and further the same thought process with Ifa. The logic behind Ifa is a controlled chaos that is generated by the diviner [Babalawo] with Ọpẹlẹ. Outcome is Odu or Awọn Odu [NOT ODU'S - I hate passionately when people Englicize Yoruba]

So for the past 6 years or so, I have been slowly cdigging around and along on a journey of mathematical research on my so called theory of controlled chaos. Ifa divination must be on the Grid for all to experience and I plan to make it happend period.
So again what I am looking for is content contributors as indicated in my original posting not a discussion.
Awọn Odu
1. Literary translation to English.
2. Practical translation to English
3. Other language, Spanish, Portuguese will follow.

Ire o.
Ṣango256
Re: Online Vitual Ifa Divination Website. Need Content Providers. by ilosiwaju: 3:52pm On Apr 12, 2010
ifa olokun, asoro dayo.
A convincing animation with so many blanket statements will do. I can help with some spooky statements sha. Just ask.
grin grin grin
aje a wogba oo.
Re: Online Vitual Ifa Divination Website. Need Content Providers. by Sango256(m): 1:30am On Apr 13, 2010
Ilọsiwaju,

I will appreciate some specificity to your blank statements offer.
It think it will lend itself some intellect not just a beer parlor statement.
Ire o.
Ṣango256
Re: Online Vitual Ifa Divination Website. Need Content Providers. by ilosiwaju: 10:25am On Apr 13, 2010
Kara ole oo.
What i meant was that, for a better efficacy, you'll need blanket statements. Not blanket from the user's point of view but blanket/general as a secret move of yours. You may even start the divination process with a harmless-looking simple questionnaire or survey. Since you may not be seeing the users physically, this little info serves as a baseline. In other words, you'll be cold reading and they will never know how. We'll talk more baba.

eeyan kan ni mope,
igba eni lo wa mi wa.

wink
Re: Online Vitual Ifa Divination Website. Need Content Providers. by KunleOshob(m): 10:39am On Apr 13, 2010
@sango
What is the purpose of all this algebra in IFA and how does it aid divination. That aside what evidence do you have to confirm it's efficacy?
Re: Online Vitual Ifa Divination Website. Need Content Providers. by noetic16(m): 11:10am On Apr 13, 2010
strange that this appears to be Sango's first thread on NL . . . where is "pastor" AIO ? grin
Re: Online Vitual Ifa Divination Website. Need Content Providers. by InesQor(m): 1:33pm On Apr 13, 2010
^^^^ grin grin grin grin cheesy LOL
Re: Online Vitual Ifa Divination Website. Need Content Providers. by MyJoe: 1:37pm On Apr 13, 2010
KunleOshob:

@sango
What is the purpose of all this algebra in IFA and how does it aid divination. That aside what evidence do you have to confirm it's efficacy?
You spoke my mind. Deep Sight or viaro will smack their lips at the sight of these numbers.  smiley This Ifa must be for maths geniuses.

noetic16:

strange that this appears to be Sango's first thread on NL . .   . where is "pastor" AIO ?  grin
No way! PastorAIO doesn't do numbers.
Re: Online Vitual Ifa Divination Website. Need Content Providers. by noetic16(m): 1:40pm On Apr 13, 2010
MyJoe:

No way! PastorAIO doesn't do numbers.

Says who? "pastor" AIO will do and say anything to defend his beliefs . . .he is not a coward.
Re: Online Vitual Ifa Divination Website. Need Content Providers. by MyJoe: 1:43pm On Apr 13, 2010
^^^ I think it's possible to know people's bent in these forums. If someone arranged numbers like Deep Sight, for instance, it would not be noetic16. There are no examples of PastorAIO doing numbers. He appears to be well grounded in history and the liberal arts. But then, you may know something I don't.
Re: Online Vitual Ifa Divination Website. Need Content Providers. by noetic16(m): 1:50pm On Apr 13, 2010
MyJoe:

^^^ I think it's possible to know people's bent in these forums. If someone arranged numbers like Deep Sight, for instance, it would not be noetic16. There are no examples of PastorAIO doing numbers. He appears to be well grounded in history and liberal arts. But then, you may know something I don't.

Please dont take my submissions on this thread too seriously. I am only laughing at the "coincidental" nature of a new user whose first post is an invitation to IFA (a hot topic for "pastor" AIO).

I just dont subscribe to coincidences. grin
Re: Online Vitual Ifa Divination Website. Need Content Providers. by MyJoe: 1:52pm On Apr 13, 2010
^^^ I noticed the banter in your post. Just tried to respond in like manner and point out something before some run away with it.
Re: Online Vitual Ifa Divination Website. Need Content Providers. by PastorAIO: 1:59pm On Apr 13, 2010
Pastor AIO is here o! I wasn't going to get involved in NL for a while but this one I have to stand up and be counted before I get misconstrued for someone else.

I don't do numbers much but I am not averse to a little foray into the queen of the sciences every now and again. However the OP is not me. I don't do computers. I even got mocked by my teacher in school. He told that next class after mine that if I could pass the exam then anyone could. angry
Re: Online Vitual Ifa Divination Website. Need Content Providers. by PastorAIO: 2:05pm On Apr 13, 2010
noetic16:

Says who? "pastor" AIO will do and say anything to defend his beliefs . . .he is not a coward.

I will not do and say anything to defend my beliefs. If my beliefs cannot stand scrutiny by themselves then I won't be bothered to defend them. My faith is not dependent on any belief systems or concepts. All these will pass away like the phantoms that they are. Truth, ineffable and pristine, is what I based my whole confidence on.
Re: Online Vitual Ifa Divination Website. Need Content Providers. by noetic16(m): 2:07pm On Apr 13, 2010
Pastor AIO:

Pastor AIO is here o!  I wasn't going to get involved in NL for a while but this one I have to stand up and be counted before I get misconstrued for someone else.  

I don't do numbers much but I am not averse to a little foray into the queen of the sciences every now and again.  However the OP is not me.  I don't do computers.  I even got mocked by my teacher in school.  He told that next class after mine that if I could pass the exam then anyone could.   angry

grin

. , , So good to know u now have a new convert. and why are u staying away from NL? . . . .

Pastor AIO:

I will not do and say anything to defend my beliefs. If my beliefs cannot stand scrutiny by themselves then I won't be bothered to defend them. My faith is not dependent on any belief systems or concepts. All these will pass away like the phantoms that they are. Truth, ineffable and pristine, is what I based my whole confidence on.

what is the truth?. . . .the truth is subject to several interpretations and a reflection of beliefs. beliefs could be false and erroneous. . . .as a matter of fact most beliefs are disguised fallacies branded as the truth.
where is ur evidence that what u hold dear is the truth? how did u come to the conclusion that ur beliefs are pristine?
Re: Online Vitual Ifa Divination Website. Need Content Providers. by InesQor(m): 3:02pm On Apr 13, 2010
Actually there is an earlier thread on NL discussing online IFA divination. But that was in 2006, and the method was as follows:

1. Someone comes online to make a request
2. The requests are processed offline and the divination is done offline
3. The results are packaged and delivered online  grin

Crazy enough, the website : ifaluade.com indicated there is currently under domain parking (does not work)  lipsrsealed

But thanks to the advancement of technology, the OP is now offering direct Ifa divination  cheesy

Here's the thread https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-9935.0.html

I found interesting things there,

Seun:

naijaguru, tell us, is the real Ifa as active and efficient as portrayed in those Yoruba movies?

naijaguru:

@Seun

Apart from the special effects you see on TV, the misconceptions and the exergerations, Ifa is real efficient and potent.

How I wish more people can look beyound Dogma and Religion and see Ifa has a Traditional means of solving one's problems in life. Ifa came before all.

Check 'Ogbe Owonrin' where Ifa talked about Jesus Christ's Problems and how Orunmila helped him out. Dont scream and say Jesus never lived in Orunmila's time. [/b]What you should see from this perspective is that Ifa is not a competing religion but a traditional system that contains so much. It Embraces all. The Odus are generative and are not true life experiences.

Also check 'Otura Meji' where Ifa talked about the muslims,

and responses like

IDINRETE:

ABORU ABOYE ABOSISE EYIN ARA MI ISOWO OPE E NLE O
I dont agree with Owonrin-sogbe which was in Ayo Salami's books mentioning jesus, my personal view is that this verse was infused into Ifa by some Ifa priest to gain credibilty. Ifa does not need a validation of  a jewish [b]******************

you cannot equate JEWESUN with jesu, albeit according to Ifa there was a character named Jewesun, meaning je ki ewe o sun not the son of mary or joseph holy spirit jehovah/yahweh

Owonrinsogbe
pekutu yeke pekutu yeke
awo JEWEOSUN lodifa fun JEWESUN,

Enough drama  grin

But my question, as I once asked Pastor AIO, is that if a random number generator may as well be consecrated/dedicated to capture these "energies" and relay divination, then isn't it all spurious?
Re: Online Vitual Ifa Divination Website. Need Content Providers. by InesQor(m): 3:06pm On Apr 13, 2010
http://brotherpeacemaker./2008/05/16/rules-for-ifa-divination/

Traditionally speaking the person who becomes a diviner must be initiated to Ifa. The person who wants to be a diviner must be initiated as a child of Orunmila. There are a number of steps and prerequisites that must be satisfied [size=16pt]in order to reach this level of spiritual development[/size]. But it culminates in somebody who has already been initiated [size=16pt]getting paid handsomely[/size] to perform an initiation ceremony for the client. The entire process can take a seriously long time and [size=16pt]cost a good sized fortune[/size]. Ask just about anyone who studies the old school ways of Ifa and they’ll tell you that only people who pay for the initiation ceremony and jumps through these hoops will be able to communicate with Orunmila and learn the secrets to divination. And the way the vast majority of people practice divination is that they get out a special tray or some obi or some ikin or an opele chain or some other medium where they can throw trinkets like dice on a craps table.

The problem with this line of thinking is that if Orunmila wanted to communicate with somebody today, he may not be in the mood to wait for somebody to study all the teachings that other people say must be studied and pay all the money that other people say must be paid in order to get some initiation ceremony performed. If Baba Orunmila wants to communicate with you, chances are he’s got what it takes to bypass all the human trappings that people say must be done. And if Orunmila really wanted to bad enough he wouldn’t wait for the individual to find his dice to make a roll. Orunmila has so many ways to at his disposal to make an appearance to an individual’s consciousness that it boggles the mind. Orunmila is the assistant to the Supreme Being for god’s sake (pun intended). He is the master of fate. He isn’t limited to the rules of communication that we apply to ourselves. And to be honest, we are not limited to the rules we place on each other either.

KunleOshob, what do you have to say about the bold red words? tongue  grin grin grin  cool

wink
Re: Online Vitual Ifa Divination Website. Need Content Providers. by KunleOshob(m): 4:07pm On Apr 13, 2010
InesQor:

KunleOshob, what do you have to say about the bold red words? tongue grin grin grin cool

wink

Well since i don't subscribe to IFA and i know very little about the belief system i don't have much to say except maybe our pastors are taking a cue from IFA priests and charging heavily for their services tongue
Re: Online Vitual Ifa Divination Website. Need Content Providers. by PastorAIO: 12:59pm On Apr 14, 2010
InesQor:

KunleOshob, what do you have to say about the bold red words? tongue  grin grin grin  cool

wink

Yes, this is one of the most off putting things about Ifa.  And also the fact that it is traditionally so tied up with social status. 

Although to be fair, it is not all the babalawo that are caught up in the status and money thing.  I guess at the end of the day it is like any other social system whether christian, moslem buddhist, whatever.

Once it becomes a social concern then all the pitfalls of social status will come to play.  That is why I beleive that religious practice is best pursued privately.  Communities are good for support but we should all the while be aware that once 2 or more people come together in a social setting then isues of status will come into playand this is detrimental to spiritual developoment.
Re: Online Vitual Ifa Divination Website. Need Content Providers. by Sango256(m): 3:58pm On Apr 14, 2010
I am fascinated that my posting requesting content contributors is generating some interesting remarks and even off the waist remarks.

Let me be clear with my intentions;
1. I am not a Babalawo nor plan to be one anytime soon.
2. I do not intend this site to be a real live divination pending the acceptance and Aṣẹ from any or all the 7 Ifa priests. This may happen or not.
3. My goal is to demystify Ifa period. For some of us so called Nigerians that have been brainwashed by our so called Education. Ifa is bad. Ifa is evil, Ifa worshipers offer human sacrifice.
-If Ifa is bad then our forefathers must be all bad then. Were descendants of bad people?
-Yes it’s a historical fact that some bad Ifa worshipers did sacrifice people [Ajeji] Ifa does not support this thought process or deed. Also Christianity did sacrifice people- Jesus was well known to do that to himself. Salem Massachusetts- Women that went crazy because of an infected fungus in the bread grains. They were drowned or burnt to death. Interesting enough men were never prosecuted. Maybe i have an extended definition of Sacrifice but when you kill another person in the name of your God, its simply an offering to appease that God of yours. Thus sacrifice.

Also learn more about Martin Luther with his 95 thesis. The Pope wanted to kill the poor guy so bad- Commerce prevailed; business men kept him alive !!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Luther
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Luther
Ifa is evil. Were descendants of Evil people; BTW Yoruba cosmology does not have any depiction of Devil. We don’t have a devil- English translation as per Ajayi Crowder made the ERROR. Eṣu is a trickster and will accommodate whatever you wish period. It took me a while to swallow that concept. Before you start talking trash about IFa, please understand this; Oloṣi ni ọmọ ti o ba fi ọwọ osi ṣe apejuwe ile baba ẹ. Ifa is not a religion as most of us refer to it. The word religion is a space holder for a way of life.
Lets look at Yoruba Names; Orukọ amutọrun wa, Orukọ idile, etc. Lets step further into naming ceremony. Now lets talk about the blood of Jesus. Don’t we all know that it’s the bloof of Ogun we interchange with the blood of Jesus phrase lol. Now in this age of so called educated Nigerians, when you mention the blood of Ogun, watch out and see how fast my people can run lol. I rest my case.
I am keenly aware of the fact that most of us are still card carrying members of some kind of religion that has absolutely nothing to do with our heritage. Even some of us have gone to the extent of finding some phantom clues to tie us with Israel or Mecca. Genetically it has been proven otherwise. We Nigerians are from the Sudan Nubia decent not Israel of Mecca. Just a scientific fact. I am not interested in anything less scientific to get my forefathers "way of life" back into the main stream. BTW in Hebrew they call that thought process “ma sugana” [insane or crazy]!. This brought me to the time I was back home in Lagos, my mother insisted I should come and meet some born again priest. Funny enough this idiot/thief started to God in Hebrew – I did not know if I should slap him or just roll on the floor laughing. I somehow help my sanity intact. Little did he know that I could speak Hebrew fluently without ripping anyone off.
Oh well, my point is I have tried to reason and understand what we all have been scared to death about while growing up in Nigeria. I am at a point in my life at peace with the concept of Ifa. I continue to meet with key people that I can relate to intellectually and philosophically. Please for those of you that are brave enough to read; order Kọla Abimbọla’s book. Yorùbá Culture. It’s a philosophical account of our culture, not a beginners Ifa. Just pure philosophical account!. How come he is an authority in this; he is a professor of philosophy in University of Leicester England, Babalawo ; PhD , Philosophy of Science and lastly PhD , Law. I think we all got the point. 3 PHD’s he must not be an idiot. Oh yes he got his PHD’s from Oyinbo Varsity if that really counts for non patriotic Nigerians that still believe Oyinbo has spoken so we all must shut up.
Lets face it; Christianity has caused more harm than all religions put together. Helen Okpabio killing our children in the name of God. Tell me or show me where God told her to do this- It’s all about almighty ₦₦₦ or $$$$ or €€€€
See some links.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-9wKZMuRG0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWktZEj6OZ8
Christianity started from Council of Nicaea 325 AD that was brain child of Emperor Constantine’s sister actually. The discussion of Father son and the holy ghost not possibly being the same entity… Please read more about it on line for a prominent Catholic website. The Bible [Bibloa] did not fall from heaven.
http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/11044a.htm
http://www.newadvent.org/fathers/3801.htm
Constantine was a Nigerian that bribed all the members at the conference to come up with the first set of bibles that were latter given to Bishops [Warlords then] as the word of God. Fast forward look at what we have now with all the pedophiles in the western world, not if you think those crimes are heinous, think about Helen Okpabio and her followers killing, burning, using 6 inch nails to ward away witchcraft from kids !!! What the f@@k !!!
If you want to talk about religion- I think over that last 10 years of my education I have done my best to find out why i should continue to be a Christian or not. Also about Islam;
Religion is a business; Read more about Pope Leo x selling absolution lol What a business man
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pope_Leo_I

Atrocities;
Please explain to my naive self why people can kill in the name of Allah - 700 dead in Nigeria at the last count. Now the other fools will then go and start killing Muslims as soon as they get their Christian ass together. This is just too insane for me to wrap my head around. So don’t stand on any Religion soap box and tell me something I don’t know about IFa.

Now let’s get serious for a minute. Enough rants and raves about my beef with uninformed.
Jesus or Muhammad are not from Abẹokuta nor Ṣagamu. I just want to be clear on those factual points.
I respectful would like to keep things Civil. So please lets all calm down.
So if you have some knowledge of Awọn Odu Ifa, please contact me.
Sango256@gmail.com
Ire o
Ṣango256
Re: Online Vitual Ifa Divination Website. Need Content Providers. by PastorAIO: 12:52pm On Apr 15, 2010
Mr. Sango, I believe that you will enjoy exploring Nairaland. Many of the issues that you've raised above have been thoroughly discussed in the various threads.

Back to the religion as a business thing. I just wanna make a couple more points. To my knowledge what is required of an initiate into Ifa is that he feasts the awo that are present at his initiation. So the main cost apart from the materials required for the initiation is the feasting. Although I am aware that some babalawos just charge a fixed rate.

I am also aware that when one goes for a divination then one should pay from the heart, it is what you want to give ifa that you give. However I know of many many babalawos that charge a fixed consultation fee. In other words if you can't afford the consultation fee then get lost. Strictly speaking though you ought to be able to get a reading for even 2 kobo.

There was a babalawo that used to broadcast on a radio show in south london. He was basically chanting ifa verses on the show. I got in touch with him. He had all sorts of paraphernalia that he'd brought from nigeria to sell. Amongst them he was selling Opele (divining chain) for £120!!!! shocked

If that is how much opele costs, i wondered to myself, then how the hell is any awo in nigeria going to practice. It was so ridiculous. Almost laughable in fact. But the thing is that when these guys get into the oyinbo people that are fascinated by african culture then they can make a killing. What one might call tourism ifa.
Re: Online Vitual Ifa Divination Website. Need Content Providers. by Paresha: 5:40am On Sep 05, 2021
I can help translating english text tô portuguese

(1) (Reply)

The Story Of Atheism / What Is The Interpretation Of The Dream Of Seeing Bitter Leaf. / I Had An Accident (PICTURE): Unraveling the foolishness in God's protection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.