Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,549 members, 7,823,414 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:52 AM

The First At Higher Institution - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The First At Higher Institution (473 Views)

What Was Your Higher Institution Nickname? / What You Studied In Higher Institution Vs What You Are Doing Now / We buy all kinds of gift cards and btc at higher rates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The First At Higher Institution by mageekpen(m): 6:41am On Jan 14, 2018
First day at BUK. It's being a long road trip but I'm here finally. Bayero University Kano (BUK) is a university situated in Kano, Kano state, Nigeria.It was founded in 1977, when it was renamed from Bayero University College and upgraded from university college to university. It was an early Wednesday morning. Breeze blows gently and lightly soft freeze.Cold soared like a kite. Snow dropped by like a rain. Birds sang so sweet like a melody. Breezes passed by like a cloudy. I moved straight to my faculty. Faculty of communication, mass communication department, deans office. Where my screening held at. It was a nice building, well architected. Fortunately; I was the the first person to be there, no one to attend to me. I had to wait for a couple of minutes before it stipulated time. It was a flashy car derived close to me, a good looking man dropped, middle aged, and walked close to me. I greeted him very humbled in a polite way, with so much respect( thanks to God. I've reserved a foreign respect right from home during Yuletide season. No respect, no gift. they said). Are you for screening? He asked. Yes sir. Wait for me at the last window, second to the last pillar. He added. Ok sir. I replied. After he settled for about five minutes, he called me and asked for my credentials. I have no idea what he need in particular. Original copies or photocopy. I don't know. I had to ask for a clarification. Sir do you need the photocopy or the originals? I asked. We need both for a better clarification. He said. I don't have a photocopy of any, and i had to go and make a copy. From the Faculty of communication to school business center was a very far, pretty far, and no bike around. I had to walk for miles all alone. On my way going, I saw a written words that drawn my attention " if you think first class honors is easy come to BUK". Somehow scary. But not scared. I'm strong enough. I believed in my self. Nothing is impossible to a willing mind. "Yes, we can", said former president of the United State of America, Barak Obama. "Yes, I can", said Danmande. No tittle before the name right? Don't worry, it will soon be, God's willing. I guarantee it. One day i will fly like a soaring kite. Sky is the starting point not the limit. Just don't forget the name. It was a lady I mate along the road side, she dressed to kill, flaunt her nudity as if she was serving a leap-tea to her husband. I heard that bad dressing can leads to the termination of admission in BUK. I was able to have some words with her in a private. I couldn't admonish for a decent dress, but i will when we meet again. I learnt that; she was from Abuja, she has a nice name, and Bauchi state was her home, Bakin Kura. Bakin Kura was the same place where my dad grew up when he moved from Jos to Bauchi, 1958-1967. B/Kura was a decent place to live, ours was a respect and dignity. I don't know why others stubbornly reluctant to accept simple ways, values and norms. Some people most especially the ladies believed that they only look good when they dressed to kill. And only feel impressed with the compliment " you're looking sexy", that's not a compliment rather an insult. Sorry, you're wrong. In a real sense it's not done that way. We don't dress to kill rather we dress to impress. Dress the way you want to be addressed. Dressing to kill only leads to something else, and at times temptations are irresistible. People are buying tickets for their raping. I don't want the same thing happening in South Africa to happen in Nigeria. Rape and sexual assault remains a large problem for South Africa. According to Africa Check, more than 109 rapes were reported each day on average during 2016/17 - totalling 39,828 incidents. This will not happen in Nigeria. Insha Allah. God's willing. Eventually, Nigeria will record zero case of rape and sexual assault. God's willing. After making the photocopy, I came back to department so tired( I'm not that lazy type you know). I submitted the copies to the man on duty. "Har ka dawo", you back? That's what he said. After a thorough check, he then asked again. Are you from Jos? Yes sir. Which side in Jos? I Directed my house to him. Who's your father? He asked. A phone call interrupted the discussion. Sometimes phone call can irritate even without knowing the caller and the content of the call. I got flipped over my phone for the sudden ring. I try to reject the call but he permitted me to pick up the call. Fewer seconds, I ended the call. Responding to his question. Alhaji Danmande is my father, I said. Do you know me? He asked. No sir, But the face look familiar. I know your father and your house. He said. I'm popular, I said. We both smiled. Thanks to God. That's how I finished my screening in a very short time. Please hang around for some minutes before your Original Admission and registration number get ready. While waiting for my original admission and registration number. For off a face visage walk slowly little drawn was largeness think in paradise sawn. I vowed nothing greatness will my attention drawn. Focus. I collected my original admission with the registration number and filled out undertaking form. That's how I finished my screening for only few hours before others that started processing for over five days earlier. All is well that ends well. God I'm grateful.

1 Like

Re: The First At Higher Institution by horpeyemmi66(m): 11:23am On Feb 04, 2018
mageekpen:
First day at BUK.
It's being a long road trip but I'm here finally.
Bayero University Kano (BUK) is a university
situated in Kano, Kano state, Nigeria.It was
founded in 1977, when it was renamed from
Bayero University College and upgraded from
university college to university.
It was an early Wednesday morning. Breeze blows
gently and lightly soft freeze.Cold soared like a
kite.
Snow dropped by like a rain.
Birds sang so sweet like a melody.
Breezes passed by like a cloudy.
I moved straight to my faculty. Faculty of
communication, mass communication department,
deans office. Where my screening held at. It was a
nice building, well architected. Fortunately; I was
the the first person to be there, no one to attend to
me. I had to wait for a couple of minutes before it
stipulated time.
It was a flashy car derived close to me, a good
looking man dropped, middle aged, and walked
close to me. I greeted him very humbled in a
polite way, with so much respect( thanks to God.
I've reserved a foreign respect right from home
during Yuletide season. No respect, no gift. they
said). Are you for screening? He asked. Yes sir.
Wait for me at the last window, second to the last
pillar. He added. Ok sir. I replied.
After he settled for about five minutes, he called
me and asked for my credentials. I have no idea
what he need in particular. Original copies or
photocopy. I don't know. I had to ask for a
clarification. Sir do you need the photocopy or the
originals? I asked. We need both for a better
clarification. He said. I don't have a photocopy of
any, and i had to go and make a copy.
From the Faculty of communication to school
business center was a very far, pretty far, and no
bike around. I had to walk for miles all alone. On
my way going, I saw a written words that drawn
my attention " if you think first class honors is
easy come to BUK". Somehow scary. But not
scared. I'm strong enough. I believed in my self.
Nothing is impossible to a willing mind. "Yes, we
can", said former president of the United State of
America, Barak Obama. "Yes, I can", said
Danmande. No tittle before the name right? Don't
worry, it will soon be, God's willing. I guarantee it.
One day i will fly like a soaring kite. Sky is the
starting point not the limit. Just don't forget the
name.
It was a lady I mate along the road side, she
dressed to kill, flaunt her nudity as if she was
serving a leap-tea to her husband. I heard that bad
dressing can leads to the termination of admission
in BUK. I was able to have some words with her in
a private. I couldn't admonish for a decent dress,
but i will when we meet again. I learnt that; she
was from Abuja, she has a nice name, and Bauchi
state was her home, Bakin Kura. Bakin Kura was
the same place where my dad grew up when he
moved from Jos to Bauchi, 1958-1967. B/Kura
was a decent place to live, ours was a respect and
dignity. I don't know why others stubbornly
reluctant to accept simple ways, values and norms.
Some people most especially the ladies believed
that they only look good when they dressed to kill.
And only feel impressed with the compliment "
you're looking sexy", that's not a compliment
rather an insult. Sorry, you're wrong. In a real
sense it's not done that way. We don't dress to kill
rather we dress to impress. Dress the way you
want to be addressed. Dressing to kill only leads
to something else, and at times temptations are
irresistible. People are buying tickets for their
raping. I don't want the same thing happening in
South Africa to happen in Nigeria.
Rape and sexual assault remains a large problem
for South Africa. According to Africa Check, more
than 109 rapes were reported each day on average
during 2016/17 - totalling 39,828 incidents. This
will not happen in Nigeria. Insha Allah. God's
willing. Eventually, Nigeria will record zero case of
rape and sexual assault. God's willing.
After making the photocopy, I came back to
department so tired( I'm not that lazy type you
know). I submitted the copies to the man on duty.
"Har ka dawo", you back? That's what he said.
After a thorough check, he then asked again. Are
you from Jos? Yes sir.
Which side in Jos? I Directed my house to him.
Who's your father? He asked.
A phone call interrupted the discussion.
Sometimes phone call can irritate even without
knowing the caller and the content of the call. I got
flipped over my phone for the sudden ring. I try to
reject the call but he permitted me to pick up the
call. Fewer seconds, I ended the call.
Responding to his question.
Alhaji Danmande is my father, I said.
Do you know me? He asked. No sir, But the face
look familiar.
I know your father and your house. He said. I'm
popular, I said.
We both smiled. Thanks to God. That's how I
finished my screening in a very short time.
Please hang around for some minutes before your
Original Admission and registration number get
ready.
While waiting for my original admission and
registration number. For off a face visage walk
slowly little drawn was largeness think in paradise
sawn.
I vowed nothing greatness will my attention drawn.
Focus.
I collected my original admission with the
registration number and filled out undertaking
form. That's how I finished my screening for only
few hours before others that started processing for
over five days earlier.
All is well that ends well.
God I'm grateful.
Hello bro

(1) (Reply)

Two Nigerians Executed In Saudi Arabia, Over 15 Others To Abide By / Thread Closed! / Voters Registration; Ede North Area Council Boss Tour Wards.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.