Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,526 members, 7,826,978 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:51 AM

Man Snatches N1m From GTBank Customer In Lagos - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Snatches N1m From GTBank Customer In Lagos (26846 Views)

Alfa Tiamiyu Abass Dismembers Female Customer In Oyo, Police Recover Body Parts / Girl Pregnant For Aunt’s Customer In Bayelsa, Sleeps In Uncompleted Building / Video Of Man Who Rejected N1M From Politician, Got Electrocuted In Port Harcourt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Snatches N1m From GTBank Customer In Lagos by adecz: 10:58am On Jan 16, 2018
grin

Seems GTB na the man office
of business .

He snatched $30,000 (about N10m)
from another customer at same bank,
barely 10 days after stealing the N1.1!!! shocked

Too much greed.

Don't be surprised that he has an 'inside' man
that gives him realtime info of
customers withdrawing large sums.

1 Like

Re: Man Snatches N1m From GTBank Customer In Lagos by oloriadejoke(f): 11:01am On Jan 16, 2018
1.1million naira retrieve from him and to pay 1million naira fine also..this guy need award for the best loser in the world....am sure if he has 1million naira he will never stilll...afi igba to sofo 1million naira po shocked
Re: Man Snatches N1m From GTBank Customer In Lagos by AreaFada2: 11:04am On Jan 16, 2018
Orpe7:
As ure withdrawing that large some, one bank official has gone to make a call to someone outside describing your appearance so men can easily identify/rob you inmediately u step

But maybe the robbers work in groups.

The informants may pose as regular customers watching those collecting large sums and relay the information to accomplices outside the bank. It is their full time job. No messing about.
Re: Man Snatches N1m From GTBank Customer In Lagos by Sunnywhite33: 11:06am On Jan 16, 2018
Iseoluwani:
Which kin country be this??

How will u collect 1.1M for surety , when the guy actually collected/snatched 1M

WHAT TYPE OF LAW SAYS THAT THAT BAIL SHOULD BE MORE THAN ACCUSED/STOLEN

Something is legally wrong with our judical system
And what type of law said you should snatch people bags containing money, if they don't use this as example other will still snatch
Re: Man Snatches N1m From GTBank Customer In Lagos by Goke7: 11:06am On Jan 16, 2018
It's risky withdrawing large sums of cash in Lagos, don't know why people are still doing it in this era of technological advancement

2 Likes

Re: Man Snatches N1m From GTBank Customer In Lagos by Tecno66: 11:34am On Jan 16, 2018
bankyblue:
Na was o, person collect 1.1million, and u they grant ham bail of 1million after you have collected you 1.1m nairia from him.

Lagos state just they use all way to generate money for the state.
Before you snatch that kind money for my hand, you go first snatch me first o.
Re: Man Snatches N1m From GTBank Customer In Lagos by linearity: 11:41am On Jan 16, 2018
Iseoluwani:

How will u collect 1.1M for surety , when the guy actually collected/snatched 1M

Nothing is wrong with our judicial system, it is your perceived understanding of jurisprudence that is wrong.

Bail is not restitution to a victim and the victim does not see a dime of that money, if the accused jumped bail, it is government money.

Bail is merely, a bond posted to guarantee defendants appearance on the case until it is completed. If the defendant failed to appear even once without notifying the court or if the court reject their reason, they forfeit their bail and are re arrested and sent to jail from where they will complete their trial....if they want to get out jail and on good cause motion, they may be made to post another bail.

The main reason behind bail is the constitutional protection that, all accused are presumed innocent until proven guilty. Now, if someone is seen as innocent in the eyes of the law, it is not proper to deprive him/her of freedom while the case is on and it is definitely illegal to ask him/her to forfeit (or put in bond) properties, monies or valuable equal or more than the amount he/she is accused of misappropriating.

1 Like

Re: Man Snatches N1m From GTBank Customer In Lagos by itsene: 11:52am On Jan 16, 2018
Cashless banking?
Re: Man Snatches N1m From GTBank Customer In Lagos by Iseoluwani: 12:12pm On Jan 16, 2018
Pavore9:

He stole N1.1m, surety is N1m. He also did snatch 30,000USD from another bank customer.....do re-read.
Re: Man Snatches N1m From GTBank Customer In Lagos by africanjarule: 12:33pm On Jan 16, 2018
timwudz:

this guy na scam. I almost fell victim. I called empty hen (MTN) they said they know nothing about it
i fell victim 3days ago when i saw this advert i think is real mtn promo but when i bought #200 airtime and send the pin as directed that i should load the card untill after 30 minutes they said i will see an sms alert that my line has been activated then i can now load it, when it almost 4hours i didn't see any sms i try to load the card and they said it has been used by another customer i call the custoer care and they the card was load on that same day. please i will everybody here to be very careful about this guy that is posting mtn promo on nairaland is a big scammer
Re: Man Snatches N1m From GTBank Customer In Lagos by ewizard1: 1:25pm On Jan 16, 2018
Check my sig!
Re: Man Snatches N1m From GTBank Customer In Lagos by oderemo(m): 1:38pm On Jan 16, 2018
Iseoluwani:

On what authority you are commenting??
Re: Man Snatches N1m From GTBank Customer In Lagos by Deji63: 2:18pm On Jan 16, 2018
Just too bad.
Re: Man Snatches N1m From GTBank Customer In Lagos by airoport: 4:49pm On Jan 16, 2018
[quote author=Richardabbey post=64243731]Biafra Likes Stealing Wahalai[/quote
HALT!! The defendant (alleged) thief is from Edo. Do you think he acted alone? There is no 100% saintly race or tribe. Let's be reasonable, the world/our country is full of good people. The bad eggs make the headlines.
Re: Man Snatches N1m From GTBank Customer In Lagos by Fourwinds: 5:50pm On Jan 16, 2018
joinnow:

Nothing is wrong only DAT u use sleep eyes dey read.

He stole twice one in naira and another in dollars.

The prosecutor said that the accused criminally waylaid and snatched a bag containing N1.1 million, the property of an unsuspecting customer who had gone to withdraw the money from the bank.

“On Oct. 26, at about 10.00 a.m., the accused also snatched another GTBank customer’s 30,000USD at the said place.
thank you bros ....the greatest problem some nairalanders have is reading and understanding...

terrible thing I have notice
Re: Man Snatches N1m From GTBank Customer In Lagos by zinaunreal(m): 2:21am On Jan 17, 2018
Richardabbey:
Biafra Likes Stealing Wahalai
you are sounding like northern camel

(1) (2) (Reply)

Soldiers Accused Of Phone Theft, Prevented From Fleeing / Police, Traffic Robbers In Supremacy Battle On Lagos Roads / Wife Kills Husband Over N10 Tom-Tom Sweets.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.