Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,896 members, 7,817,643 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:13 PM

Villagers In Sapele Caught A Manatee & Shared Its Meat After Killing It (Photos) - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Villagers In Sapele Caught A Manatee & Shared Its Meat After Killing It (Photos) (52886 Views)

Fisherman Caught A Manatee In Akassa, Brass, Bayelsa State (Photos) / God Gave Us This Snake Meat After Working Today In His Vineyard / 'You Will Think Twice About Eating Suya Meat After Seeing This'. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Villagers In Sapele Caught A Manatee & Shared Its Meat After Killing It (Photos) by Capheelah: 4:18pm On Jan 16, 2018
Na wah for my country people...No thought for preservation everything must enter una bele. If you catch this, you'll kill and eat, if you catch that you'll kill and eat. cry

2 Likes

Re: Villagers In Sapele Caught A Manatee & Shared Its Meat After Killing It (Photos) by bmaks: 4:20pm On Jan 16, 2018
Why is it that in Africa we specialize in the following...
Killing and not preserving
Spending and not saving
Acquiring and not Producing
Eat all and Plant Nothing

This same things na him we dey use plenty money go see for abroad ooooo, our own na to just KILL AND CHOP.

1 Like

Re: Villagers In Sapele Caught A Manatee & Shared Its Meat After Killing It (Photos) by SoaringLife01: 4:32pm On Jan 16, 2018
I once had a chat with an Australian and told him that I see a snake and it does not run for its life,I will kill it.
He replied me that it is a criminal offence there.
That means if I can kill a snake that is man's enemy and get some jail sentence in Australia.I wonder how many years sentence one will bagged for killing a Manatee.
Well,this is Nigeria.
Better Banga Soup( Amiedi) loading at various Saffi people 'ewere'.
Re: Villagers In Sapele Caught A Manatee & Shared Its Meat After Killing It (Photos) by mechanics(m): 4:37pm On Jan 16, 2018
Too risky, eating meat they don't know it's source.
Re: Villagers In Sapele Caught A Manatee & Shared Its Meat After Killing It (Photos) by fmarshal(m): 5:26pm On Jan 16, 2018
But dem be village people na!
iamJ:
when they die nw, they go say na village people
Re: Villagers In Sapele Caught A Manatee & Shared Its Meat After Killing It (Photos) by bedfordng(m): 5:37pm On Jan 16, 2018
hmmm
Re: Villagers In Sapele Caught A Manatee & Shared Its Meat After Killing It (Photos) by HardMirror(m): 5:58pm On Jan 16, 2018
dainformant:
cc; lalasticlala
grin
Re: Villagers In Sapele Caught A Manatee & Shared Its Meat After Killing It (Photos) by bobochem: 6:03pm On Jan 16, 2018
See wat buhari has caused
Re: Villagers In Sapele Caught A Manatee & Shared Its Meat After Killing It (Photos) by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:15pm On Jan 16, 2018
baysol:

I think the generality of Nigerians are insensitive to the balance of life even our forefathers who are not learned understands and appreciate the importance of wild life hence their many animal related poetry, proverbs and use of adjective to describe the beauty of nature through the lens of animal life. It is such a pity that more and more Pytons, mear cats , bush babies, manatees whales have been killed needlessly whereas goats, sheep, poultry cattle etc are there for consumption. No wonder we have the resurgence of virulent diseases like Ebola, Lassa fever, colera are back into our fold with devastating consequence. Don't say you are not warned, ignorance is a disease on its own.

We will pay for these crimes against nature.

Our ancestors even earmarked some species as tabboo. and hunting was done only in certain seasons for subsistence.

Nigerian wildlife will soon be extinct. this angers me so much. There is no law in this country.

1 Like

Re: Villagers In Sapele Caught A Manatee & Shared Its Meat After Killing It (Photos) by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jan 16, 2018
yanshDoctor:
chai, will this taste like meat or fish??
It's a mammal so it'll taste like most red meats
Re: Villagers In Sapele Caught A Manatee & Shared Its Meat After Killing It (Photos) by ACE1010: 6:52pm On Jan 16, 2018
Stevebamdex:
Nigerians and free things..who else noticed that the dead beast looks decomposed already ? And yet,these hungry people would happily devour it..
After eating that,they might end up looking like this man below. sad sad
grin grin grin cheesy
Re: Villagers In Sapele Caught A Manatee & Shared Its Meat After Killing It (Photos) by WeareCasaP: 7:05pm On Jan 16, 2018
So ppl will eat their reincarnated grand parent one day.
Re: Villagers In Sapele Caught A Manatee & Shared Its Meat After Killing It (Photos) by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jan 16, 2018
It's now clear to me that there is hunger in Nigeria! angry
i thought people are telling lies when they tell me there is hunger in nigeria
Re: Villagers In Sapele Caught A Manatee & Shared Its Meat After Killing It (Photos) by mvem(m): 7:22pm On Jan 16, 2018
velai:
Rest in peace to that innocent animal.
But I am not blaming those that ate the innocent thing, if I was there I would certainly take my own share. I only blame whoever or whatever kept us this backwards.
..who told you to eat this means we re backward but if na cow you would say there is nothing wrong with it...are they not mammals and yes that is a mammal.
Just like how Indians see people thatv eat cow as backward and Muslim think same of those that eat pig...u get my point?
Re: Villagers In Sapele Caught A Manatee & Shared Its Meat After Killing It (Photos) by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jan 16, 2018
Stevebamdex:
Nigerians and free things..who else noticed that the dead beast looks decomposed already ? And yet,these hungry people would happily devour it..

Because it looks bloated Manatees have that roundish ( rotund ) shape and it looks pretty fresh if you ask me
Re: Villagers In Sapele Caught A Manatee & Shared Its Meat After Killing It (Photos) by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jan 16, 2018
mvem:
..who told you to eat this means we re backward but if na cow you would say there is nothing wrong with it...are they not mammals and yes that is a mammal.
Just like how Indians see people thatv eat cow as backward and Muslim think same of those that eat pig...u get my point?

Where you get it wrong is that cattle is bountiful and bred purposely for meat/dairy/work , animals which have limited population are protected by the IUCN and continuous killing of these animals inadvertently affects the biosphere and may have a larger effect on the environment
Re: Villagers In Sapele Caught A Manatee & Shared Its Meat After Killing It (Photos) by Martin0(m): 7:46pm On Jan 16, 2018
gypsey:
It's now clear to me that there is hunger in Nigeria! angry
i thought people are telling lies when they tell me there is hunger in nigeria

Hahahahahahah na wa ooo! nor be today nigerian's beging eat anything na! E don tae!grin
Re: Villagers In Sapele Caught A Manatee & Shared Its Meat After Killing It (Photos) by timzy007: 8:42pm On Jan 16, 2018
The skin of a manatee is like 20inch thick. Though is a very delicious and sumptuous meat.
If u knw what I mean.
I was in sapele
Re: Villagers In Sapele Caught A Manatee & Shared Its Meat After Killing It (Photos) by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jan 16, 2018
madridguy:
We chop anything here in Naija tongue
You are joking, go to China and eat scorpion
Re: Villagers In Sapele Caught A Manatee & Shared Its Meat After Killing It (Photos) by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jan 16, 2018
ruggedised:
Nigerians can eat anything
But we don't eat cockroaches and scorpions? and you say anything. you must be joking
Re: Villagers In Sapele Caught A Manatee & Shared Its Meat After Killing It (Photos) by DJperdurabo: 9:15pm On Jan 16, 2018
dainformant:
A group of villagers in Sapele area of Delta State caught this creature which appears to be a West African manatee or sea cow. After killing the herbivorous animal, they decided to slice it open in order to share the meat for themselves. See pictures below;

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/01/villagers-capture-sea-cow-share-meat-slaughter-delta-state-photos.html

These guys day dissect sha!
Re: Villagers In Sapele Caught A Manatee & Shared Its Meat After Killing It (Photos) by Dearlord(m): 11:39pm On Jan 16, 2018
This is unfair.
Re: Villagers In Sapele Caught A Manatee & Shared Its Meat After Killing It (Photos) by tuk2ato(m): 12:11am On Jan 17, 2018
Asun grin
dainformant:
A group of villagers in Sapele area of Delta State caught this creature which appears to be a West African manatee or sea cow. After killing the herbivorous animal, they decided to slice it open in order to share the meat for themselves. See pictures below;

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/01/villagers-capture-sea-cow-share-meat-slaughter-delta-state-photos.html
Re: Villagers In Sapele Caught A Manatee & Shared Its Meat After Killing It (Photos) by adetunjioludami(m): 3:28am On Jan 17, 2018
I have a question for pipu dat eats all dis unknown creatures.. Aw dem dey kn if d tin don cook well for eating??
Re: Villagers In Sapele Caught A Manatee & Shared Its Meat After Killing It (Photos) by mvem(m): 8:22am On Jan 17, 2018
neoapocalypse:

Where you get it wrong is that cattle is bountiful and bred purposely for meat/dairy/work , animals which have limited population are protected by the IUCN and continuous killing of these animals inadvertently affects the biosphere and may have a larger effect on the environment
..in the nearest future cow will be endangered
Re: Villagers In Sapele Caught A Manatee & Shared Its Meat After Killing It (Photos) by robinso01(m): 11:15am On Jan 17, 2018
Stevebamdex:
if it's decomposed,you won't ve see blood when it was butchered
Re: Villagers In Sapele Caught A Manatee & Shared Its Meat After Killing It (Photos) by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jan 17, 2018
mvem:
..in the nearest future cow will be endangered

When it gets to that time conservationists will move to protect them just as sea cows and whales are protected now
Re: Villagers In Sapele Caught A Manatee & Shared Its Meat After Killing It (Photos) by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 9:30pm On Jan 20, 2018
Tomoyayi:
It's very obvious this is not the first time that butcher has done this, see clean precise cut.
Please do not be angry that I have not replied your email I can't access it.I have been having problems with it so I can't check it.
Re: Villagers In Sapele Caught A Manatee & Shared Its Meat After Killing It (Photos) by Tomoyayi(m): 11:01pm On Jan 20, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
Please do not be angry that I have not replied your email I can't access it.I have been having problems with it so I can't check it.

It's OK. I'll make the subject...
Re: Villagers In Sapele Caught A Manatee & Shared Its Meat After Killing It (Photos) by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 11:02pm On Jan 20, 2018
Tomoyayi:

It's OK
Thanks for understanding.
Re: Villagers In Sapele Caught A Manatee & Shared Its Meat After Killing It (Photos) by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 11:02pm On Jan 20, 2018
Tomoyayi:

It's OK
Thanks for understanding.
Re: Villagers In Sapele Caught A Manatee & Shared Its Meat After Killing It (Photos) by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 11:05pm On Jan 20, 2018
Tomoyayi:

It's OK. I'll make the subject...
I don't understand you I want to open a new one if this one does not work again so why email me again?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The ₦2,000 Food I Bought At An Eatery Today / See The Food Stuffs I Bought For N80,000 In Kano State / Terrifying And Ugly Foods Some People Happily Eat - [pictures]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.