Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,867 members, 7,810,299 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:22 AM

The Guys Attempting To Disrupt Advertising In Africa - Thisday Live - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / The Guys Attempting To Disrupt Advertising In Africa - Thisday Live (329 Views)

Looking For A Good Social Media Marketing Social Media Advertising In Nigeria / Benefits Of Video Advertising For Small Businesses / Can I Earn Money Advertising For Eleavers.com On My Website Here In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Guys Attempting To Disrupt Advertising In Africa - Thisday Live by LordBaelish: 5:18pm On Jan 16, 2018
Propped up by the Tony Elumelu Entrepreneurship Programme, this small, nimble group in Lagos want to change the face of advertising, Solomon Elusoji writes

Last year, a tyre retailing business, Etyres, started to advertise on Facebook, hoping to increase web traffic to its website and drive sales. But none of those objectives were met. “We were disappointed,” the company’s Director, Chiebuka Nworah, told me, “all our expectations were dashed.”

What Etyres does, basically, is to counsel car owners on the right tyre product that suits their vehicles, deliver it to their doorsteps and give them accurate expiry details and its ideal customers were car owners in Lagos.

In October 2016, Etyres decided to try another solution by partnering with Dochase, an internet marketing and programmatic advertising company. On its website, Dochase boasts of being able to reach up to a billion customers across the internet.

“It was their low-budget, high-performance pitch that drew me to them,” Nworah said. “And I just thought, why not try them for a month.” Etyres went ahead to partner with Dochase and, one month later, the results were astounding. The company’s website traffic increased by 300 per cent, return visits increased by 200 per cent, online sales grew by 150 per cent and effective cost per customer decreased by 40 per cent. “I am going back this Christmas to buy more advertising space from them,” a sated Nworah said.

In 2013, a digital media and marketing company based in South Africa, Adclick Africa, was looking to run online advertising campaigns with African publishers. The company, too, turned to Dochase. “Working with them has been very beneficial for us,” Publisher Relations and Campaign Management officer at AdClick, Joyce Mogweng, told me. “We have been running online campaigns for different brands in South Africa, increasing their online revenue. Dochase is a network with many Nigerian publications and they have premium inventory which our clients want for their brands. They also have massive Pan African traffic which most of the brands are looking for.”

You can view the full article at https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2017/12/29/the-guys-attempting-to-disrupt-advertising-in-africa/

cc Slyr0x adewasco2k
Re: The Guys Attempting To Disrupt Advertising In Africa - Thisday Live by LordBaelish: 5:39pm On Jan 16, 2018
cc lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

11 Tested Marketing Strategies For Outstanding Business Growth / Safest Place To Buy/sell Adsense Without The Fear Of Scam!... / Best Dedicated Server | Dedicated Servers @ $95/m - Hostperl.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.