Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,707 members, 7,827,585 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:57 PM

Why You Should Sleep With Your Holy Bible Open - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why You Should Sleep With Your Holy Bible Open (4719 Views)

Abbah Father, Help Us To Effectively Engage Your Holy Spirit As Christians / Ghanaian Pastor Caught In Hotel Room Trying To Sleep With Church Elder's Wife / Pray Your Holy Rosary Of Our Mother Mary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You Should Sleep With Your Holy Bible Open by FaithfulServant(m): 5:56pm On Jan 16, 2018
Now, this is practical. I have been getting some prompting to share this and I know it will be useful to many. It has to do with overcoming nightmares which many of us face, but sometimes too shy to share our experiences. It’s not a big deal to face nightmare; everyone has faced it at once point in their life or the other.

Nightmare has been attributed to several causes but from my experience and how I personally overcame, nightmares is a situation where the unseen world tries to interfere with the physical world at night; demons disturbing people while they sleep.

The disturbance most times comes when you’re on the Lord’s side and working for God. If you don’t get the disturbance, it is either you have overcome, or you are walking with the devil and still living actively in sin; so, Satan and his demons will find no need to disturb.

The Holy Bible is one book that is being overlooked by many. Probably you reading this have yours idle covered with dust on your shelve right now. But I tell you the truth, the Bible is a supernatural book that can solve all problems of the world including nightmares.

Sleeping with your Holy Bible with specific chapters open can help you overcome nightmares and ugly dreams. From my experience, the chapter or verse you open will determine how your dream will look like.

For example, sleeping with Ephesians 6:11-12 open, “ Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. [12] For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places .

This has to do with putting on the armour of God to wrestle with the devil. Armour is a protective covering you put on during war to fight. What this means is that if you sleep with the above verse open, you are willing to receive attacks in the dream but on thing is sure that you will overcome because it’s God own protective covering which Satan and his minions can’t overcome.

Another example is Revelation 12:11, “And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.”

Sleeping with the above verse open guarantees a sweet night rest without any disturbance because Satan and his demons can’t withstand the blood of Jesus. It is the same blood that was shed on the cross of Calvary that wipes away all sins and overcome death.

https://www.gospelandtruth.com/2018/01/why-you-should-sleep-with-your-holy.html?m=1

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Sleep With Your Holy Bible Open by coputa(m): 8:12pm On Jan 16, 2018
FaithfulServant:
Now, this is practical. I have been getting some prompting to share this and I know it will be useful to many. It has to do with overcoming nightmares which many of us face, but sometimes too shy to share our experiences. It’s not a big deal to face nightmare; everyone has faced it at once point in their life or the other.

Nightmare has been attributed to several causes but from my experience and how I personally overcame, nightmares is a situation where the unseen world tries to interfere with the physical world at night; demons disturbing people while they sleep.

The disturbance most times comes when you’re on the Lord’s side and working for God. If you don’t get the disturbance, it is either you have overcome, or you are walking with the devil and still living actively in sin; so, Satan and his demons will find no need to disturb.

The Holy Bible is one book that is being overlooked by many. Probably you reading this have yours idle covered with dust on your shelve right now. But I tell you the truth, the Bible is a supernatural book that can solve all problems of the world including nightmares.

Sleeping with your Holy Bible with specific chapters open can help you overcome nightmares and ugly dreams. From my experience, the chapter or verse you open will determine how your dream will look like.

For example, sleeping with Ephesians 6:11-12 open, “ Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. [12] For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places .

This has to do with putting on the armour of God to wrestle with the devil. Armour is a protective covering you put on during war to fight. What this means is that if you sleep with the above verse open, you are willing to receive attacks in the dream but on thing is sure that you will overcome because it’s God own protective covering which Satan and his minions can’t overcome.

Another example is Revelation 12:11, “And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.”

Sleeping with the above verse open guarantees a sweet night rest without any disturbance because Satan and his demons can’t withstand the blood of Jesus. It is the same blood that was shed on the cross of Calvary that wipes away all sins and overcome death.
This is a good one,Can this still work for a sinner or for only those that are born again.
Re: Why You Should Sleep With Your Holy Bible Open by FaithfulServant(m): 9:54pm On Jan 16, 2018
coputa:
This is a good one,Can this still work for a sinner or for only those that are born again.
That's a good question. I cannot guarantee it will work for someone deliberately sinning, but will work for someone trying his best to pull away from sin and the kingdom of darkness. It is God who protects through the Bible text, and He knows the intent of heart of everyone.

I learnt this from my own personal experience and I now sleep like a baby most especially when I sleep with Revelation 12:11 open.

The kingdom of darkness is real and Jesus is up to the task to deliver us all. Amen
Re: Why You Should Sleep With Your Holy Bible Open by Nobody: 12:55am On Jan 17, 2018
Thank God it worked for you but the reality is that those witches will still press people even if their bibles are on their chest while sleeping. Dem go press you wella if you don't have the word of God off hand. The scriptures says in Psalms 119:11 "I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you"
It didn't say the word of God in my bed or chest but heart

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Sleep With Your Holy Bible Open by FaithfulServant(m): 6:34am On Jan 17, 2018
asuustrike2009:
Thank God it worked for you but the reality is that those witches will still press people even if their bibles are on their chest while sleeping. Dem go press you wella if you don't have the word of God off hand. The scriptures says in Psalms 119:11 "I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you"
It didn't say the word of God in my bed or chest but heart

It's personal discovery as I said earlier. It's a good thing to read the scriptures and have it off hand, but there is no harm trying this.

I just woke up from sleep and the sleep was peaceful. All thanks to God and his word through Revelation 12:11.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Put On The Full Armour Of God / OPM Dr Jesus Night With Coconut Friday 26th October. / I Had A Rapture Dream

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.