Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,188 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:47 AM

My Petition To Seun In The Religion Section. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Petition To Seun In The Religion Section. (601 Views)

Jehovah's Witnesses: Hundreds Of Child Sex Abuse Claims In The Religion / Sigh: Religion Section Has Turned To Atheists' Section! / An Exposition On My Astral Projections In Response To Seun's Colloquialism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Petition To Seun In The Religion Section. by Nobody: 10:08pm On Jan 16, 2018
Nairaland as a forum has provided the platform for people to speak out, say their thought, lend out their voice which leads to constructive and destructive arguments. The religion section of Nairaland is not left out of this.
The religion section which was created for the purpose of theist to learn, teach and gain more understanding on their religion (be it a Christian or a Muslim) and it's doctrines but that's not so (maybe in 2013 when I came across this forum) because the religion section of today is now a haven for unhealthy, stupid and unnecessary competition between the theist and the atheist which has lead to a almost catastrophic high level of intolerance between both parties who won't let a second past without engaging in clash of words.
Whenever I visit the religion section to learn and gain more understanding on my religion (which is Christianity) and it's doctrines, all i see scattered everywhere are antichristian threads which are created with the sole purpose of ridiculing Christianity and rubbing it's name in the mud. The few christian thread you will find has been taken over by atheist and antichristian Nairalanders who derail it with opposing and in most cases ridiculing and abusing comments thus disenabling the purpose for which that thread was created.
If you notices I referred mainly to Christianity and Christians in the above text(s). You may ask, since you are also talking about the theist, are the Muslims not inclusive?, of course they are, but I chooses not to emphasis on them much not because I'm not a Muslim but because the Muslims are free to some extent from the attack on theist considering the fact that they have this immunity over them provided by Nairaland.
I use to be among those protesting and kicking against the immunity of the Muslims (i.e the Muslims having a separate sub section for Muslims alone in such a way that for anyone to be able to comment on that sub section he or she has to declare the shubra or whatever they call it [no pun intended, my Muslim brothers and sisters]) until the day a Nairalander explained to me that the reason the Muslims were given such privilege was because of the increasing attack on the Muslim in the forum and for that, i laud seun.
I think it's time seun implements such privilege but in a higher dimension.
In a higher dimension, I mean seun should create a sub sections for the:
1.) Christians.
2.) Atheist.
3.) Pagans
excluding the Muslims who already has one.
And for one to be able to comment on a particular sub section he or she should declare whatever ever is there to declare just as it is applied in the Muslim sub section, For e.g
1.) for one to be able to comment or post on the Christian sub section he or she should declare that he or she believes that Jesus Christ is Lord.
2.) for one to be able to comment or post on the Atheist sub section he or she should declare that he or she believes that there is no God or diety.
3.) for one to be able to comment or post on the Pagan sub section he or she should declare that he or she believes in whatever deity he or she believes in.
I know most people might rebuff this stating that the theist and atheist can relate and harmonise together in the religion section if they tolerate one another, but that's the anthem we've been singing while the intolerance and attack on one another between the theist and atheist continue to get out of hand.
There is no way an atheist and a theist are ever going to tolerate one another in the religion section because they are two contrasting and opposing force that can never ever get along.
That's why I will suggest to seun to create a sub section with a moderator that belong to that belief (Christians, pagans and atheist) as I mentioned earlier. With this the Christians will be free to post, comment, rant, criticise and learn in their sub section without attack or opposition from an opposing group and likewise the pagans and atheist also.
Seun, the security and freedom of every Nairalander to post and say whatever he or she wants to post without fear of opposition or attack in the religion section is your priority whether you like it or not. That's why I will like you to look into this suggetsion of mine and see what can be done about it and by the way you said you are a tolerant atheist, if you are one as you claim you will have to consider this suggestion of mine.

THANKS.

#WHO_IS_WITH_ME_ON_THIS.

#XAVIER.

#I'M_A_GOD.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Petition To Seun In The Religion Section. by Nobody: 12:47am On Jan 17, 2018
Many persons wrote this and nothing came out instead Mr Seun keeps popping this https://www.nairaland.com/1947119/let-us-more-tolerant-each every time issues like this are raised. So I doubt if he would listen because the above thread(link)/keeps popping up on per sec billing
Re: My Petition To Seun In The Religion Section. by Nobody: 9:10am On Jan 17, 2018
asuustrike2009:
Many persons wrote this and nothing came out instead Mr Seun keeps popping this https://www.nairaland.com/1947119/let-us-more-tolerant-each every time issues like this are raised. So I doubt if he would listen because the above thread(link)/keeps popping up on per sec billing

Telling atheist and theist to be tolerant of each other in the religion section is just like trying to break a hard rock with a wood, you know it's never gonna be possible. Those parties are two opposing force that can never get along in terms of religious issues, their beliefs are just damn opposing.

I just hope seun does the needful because the religion section is becoming something else.
Re: My Petition To Seun In The Religion Section. by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jan 17, 2018
This is one of the reasons why I have decided to leave Nairaland today. Seun is an unfair individual who doesn't belief in fairness in any way. Most Christian threads are derailed even before making it to FP yet he is able to maintain a clean thread for the Muslims by censoring who could gain access.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Can I Praise God Without Opening My Mouth? / Daystar Begins Saturday Worship Service / Some Igbos From Nigeria Are Jews And The DNA Test Was Fake(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.