Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,119 members, 7,814,925 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:39 PM

50 Courses You Can Study Without Credit In Mathematics - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 50 Courses You Can Study Without Credit In Mathematics (37821 Views)

These Schools Won’t Give You Admission If You Don’t Have Credit In Yoruba / List Of Art Courses You Can Study Without Literature In English / 20 Courses You Can Study Without Mathematics In Nigerian Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 50 Courses You Can Study Without Credit In Mathematics by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jan 18, 2018
UI too but one will be limited to choose from art courses. I know this for sure
Re: 50 Courses You Can Study Without Credit In Mathematics by Cynate(f): 6:59pm On Jan 18, 2018
grin
That’s not a lie cos you are allow to switch.
Just do 1 or 2 years pre course and that’s final
Newpride:
Only in nigeria this nonsense happens, in countries like US, Canada, Germany and others...... just have ur five credits including English language, u are qualify to apply for any course, the moment u pass their exams, it shows u know it and nothing more. But here in nija, u must have physics, biology, chemistry, maths and english before u can study medicine, nursing and other courses. It doesn't work like abroad. Everything in nija is Frustrating and life is too difficult.
Re: 50 Courses You Can Study Without Credit In Mathematics by laudate: 7:00pm On Jan 18, 2018
slyfoxxjoe:
After you graduate in any if these courses, just take your certificate and flush down the toilet because unemployment sure for you die.

You lie!! sad

1 Like

Re: 50 Courses You Can Study Without Credit In Mathematics by Divinerose(f): 7:02pm On Jan 18, 2018
mathematics is one of the simplest and interesting subject, my besty. If you are determined, u'll understand the subject and wudn't like to do any course outside mathematics. With the listed courses one can see there is life in any course that involves mathematics because i rather go 4 a vocational training than study one of those listed courses. Just come into the world of mathematics, u'll never regret it and it also broadens one's thinking faculty.

2 Likes

Re: 50 Courses You Can Study Without Credit In Mathematics by laudate: 7:03pm On Jan 18, 2018
nurshah:

YOU BETTER EDIT AND WARN THAT ITS ADVISABLE TO GET MATHS BECAUSE I DOUBT ANY UNIVERSITY WILL ADMIT FOR MASTERS IF YOU DONT HAVE MATHS

Which university will ask you for O'Level maths in NECO or WAEC, if you want to undertake a postgraduate course at Masters' level? Only the CGPA you graduated with, in your bachelor's degree course, is required! shocked
Re: 50 Courses You Can Study Without Credit In Mathematics by Follygunners: 7:03pm On Jan 18, 2018
chiedu7:

The MODS are anti-christain and anti-ipob and anti-igbo.

No worry one day one day

No... Lala is from the SE
Re: 50 Courses You Can Study Without Credit In Mathematics by AreaFada2: 7:07pm On Jan 18, 2018
aragon4realz:
archeology...pls tell me what will you be excavating in Nigeria??
A lot actually. Humans have lived in Africa more than other continents. Excavation in 9ja so far has less than tip of the iceberg. Do you not fancy the chance to see excavation sites in Egypt, Palistine, Israel, Jordan, Iraq in peace time as part of further research?
Re: 50 Courses You Can Study Without Credit In Mathematics by Oricha62(m): 7:07pm On Jan 18, 2018
Which course can one study without English?
Re: 50 Courses You Can Study Without Credit In Mathematics by omoelerin1: 7:10pm On Jan 18, 2018
Dharniel:
This is a breach of natural academic standards, no school should admit any student without having at least C6 in mathematics irrespective of whatever the course of study is.
My opinion though...
So tell me the use of maths in English, history, religious studies, philosophy even law.

3 Likes

Re: 50 Courses You Can Study Without Credit In Mathematics by omoelerin1: 7:14pm On Jan 18, 2018
Pierced:
crap..................lies.

No accredited university in Nigeria will admit u without a credit in maths except all these university that are not accredited.
and you are saying it authoritatively as if it is the best of truth.
Re: 50 Courses You Can Study Without Credit In Mathematics by adeyemi91(m): 7:14pm On Jan 18, 2018
The only courses u can study without at least credit in maths are all these handiworks like fashion designing, barbing, hair dressing, carpentry, vulcanizing e.t.c.

1 Like

Re: 50 Courses You Can Study Without Credit In Mathematics by omoelerin1: 7:15pm On Jan 18, 2018
slyfoxxjoe:
After you graduate in any if these courses, just take your certificate and flush down the toilet because unemployment sure for you die.
Mumu
Re: 50 Courses You Can Study Without Credit In Mathematics by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jan 18, 2018
laudate:

Which university will ask you for O'Level maths in NECO or WAEC, if you want to undertake a postgraduate course at Masters' level? Only the CGPA you graduated with, in your bachelor's degree course, is required! shocked

Guy make we no waste time go check.. I try ooo I was forced to go and write waec at my old age all becasue of masters

1 Like

Re: 50 Courses You Can Study Without Credit In Mathematics by laudate: 7:44pm On Jan 18, 2018
nurshah:

Guy make we no waste time go check.. I try ooo I was forced to go and write waec at my old age all becasue of masters
Oga that must be a backward university. Nobody asked me for that when I did my Masters.

2 Likes

Re: 50 Courses You Can Study Without Credit In Mathematics by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jan 18, 2018
omoelerin1:
So tell me the use of maths in English, history, religious studies, philosophy even law.

that's where you're getting it wrong. having the basic knowledge of mathematics is a necessity and not a prerequisite...
Re: 50 Courses You Can Study Without Credit In Mathematics by aragon4realz(m): 8:00pm On Jan 18, 2018
AreaFada2:
A lot actually. Humans have lived in Africa more than other continents. Excavation in 9ja so far has less than tip of the iceberg. Do you not fancy the chance to see excavation sites in Egypt, Palistine, Israel, Jordan, Iraq in peace time as part of further research?
we don't have ancient history...where was nigeria during the AD's and BC's
Re: 50 Courses You Can Study Without Credit In Mathematics by Nltaliban(m): 8:17pm On Jan 18, 2018
chiedu7:

The MODS are anti-christain and anti-ipob and anti-igbo.

No worry one day one day
lol. Leave them for me.

They even deleted my comments

3 Likes

Re: 50 Courses You Can Study Without Credit In Mathematics by HeyCorleone(m): 8:42pm On Jan 18, 2018
Chikita66:
Not having a credit in mathematics limits someone so much, you will end up with courses like Igbo linguistics, history, English, mass comm, philosophy, religion and other orishirishi courses.

And what is wrong with the afore listed courses?

Confused people who think Mathematics is everything in life.
Re: 50 Courses You Can Study Without Credit In Mathematics by Chigold101(m): 8:43pm On Jan 18, 2018
Chikita66:
Not having a credit in mathematics limits someone so much, you will end up with courses like Igbo linguistics, history, English, mass comm, philosophy, religion and other orishirishi courses.
What is wrong with the courses?
Are those who studied courses that needs maths doing better than those that studied the courses you mentioned?
What do you understand by the word "limit?"

1 Like

Re: 50 Courses You Can Study Without Credit In Mathematics by Kayceenaz(m): 8:44pm On Jan 18, 2018
Chikita66:
And what makes you think "Philosophy" falls under that pejorative term of "orishirishi" courses? Desist from drawing ignorant conclusions! That it does not enjoy popularity like medicine or law, for instance, in this part of the world does not depreciate its immense relevance. You can ask google, Philosophy somewhat underpins those highly-sought-after courses, as it provides them a rare means for justifying their existence and modus operandi.
Re: 50 Courses You Can Study Without Credit In Mathematics by fuckpro: 8:56pm On Jan 18, 2018
Krafty006:
nice, I studied shoe making without any credit pass in mathematics.
...did you use measurement tools in your vocation,how did you evaluate the worth of your products or are all same price these are mathematical dormains
Re: 50 Courses You Can Study Without Credit In Mathematics by fuckpro: 9:01pm On Jan 18, 2018
omoelerin1:
...maths is not just about numbers its more about deductive reasoning how to train the mind to 'connect the dots' that's the essence of being human

1 Like

Re: 50 Courses You Can Study Without Credit In Mathematics by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jan 18, 2018
I stopped being afraid of maths.And I found out I'm extremely good at deductively reasoning out numerous solutions to mathematical problems.

1 Like

Re: 50 Courses You Can Study Without Credit In Mathematics by BAILMONEY: 9:43pm On Jan 18, 2018
Chikita66:
PHILOSOPHY REQUIRES A CREDIT PASS IN MATHEMATICS IN ANY FÜCKING UNIVERSITY IN NIGERIA

1 Like

Re: 50 Courses You Can Study Without Credit In Mathematics by BAILMONEY: 9:45pm On Jan 18, 2018
JARUSHUB:
Mathematics is highly dreaded among Nigerian students and many students wish to say bye bye to it after secondary school. If you don’t like math, or just don’t want to have anything with it again, or you didn’t make credit pass in it in WAEC or GCE, these are the courses and schools (universities) that can still offer you admission with pass (D7 or E8) in o’level Mathematics.

List of schools and courses that accept pass in Mathematics:-

Archaeology (ABU, Ibadan)
Arabic Studies (ABU, Fountain, BUK, Al-Hikmah, Ilorin, Jos, KWASU etc)
Classical Studies (Ibadan)
Christian Religious Knowledge (Abuja, Babcock, Bowen, etc)
Fine and Applied Arts (Delsu, Benin, UNN etc)
Creative Arts ( Lagos, UNIPORT, UNN, UNIMAID etc)
Dramatic/Performing/Theater Arts/Films Studies (ABU, Abuja, OAU, Bayero, Bowen, Calabar etc)
English Language/English Studies (ABU, AAU, ABUAD, Babcock, Caritas, Uyo, UNIOSUN, Redeemers, LASU etc)
English Language & Literature (AUN, UNIZIK, ABSU, UNIBEN etc)
Literature in English (ABU, UDUS, OAU etc)

French (UNILAG, Lapai, LASU, OAU, UNN, Tai Solarin etc)
Hausa (ABU, Bayero, Gusau, Maiduguri etc)
History (OAU, BASU, ABU UNIZIK etc)
History and International Studies (Ajayi Crowther, Babcock, Bowen, Akwa Ibom State University etc)
International Studies and Diplomacy (Biu, Benin)
Igbo (UNIZIK, ABSU etc)
Islamic Studies (Abuja, Al-Hikmah, Bayero, KWASU, Summit, NOUN etc)
Linguistics (Benin, Calabar, Jos, Fountain, Ekiti State University, Ibadan, Lagos, IMSU etc)
Mass Communication (Adekunle Ajasin, Abia State University, Covenant, Bingham, Jos etc)
Philosophy (Ambrose Alli University, UniAbuja, Dominican, JABU, KSU, UNILAG, OAU, Bowen, Madonna etc)

Religious Studies (Augustine, ABSU, AUE, Harvest, Calabar, Calvary, Immaneul, IMSU, McPherson etc)
Theology (Madonna)
Comparative Religious Studies (Ilorin)
Yoruba (Fountain, OAU, OOU, EKSU etc)
Anthropology (Ibadan)
Communication Arts (Bowen, Uyo)
Chinese Studies (KASU, UNILAG, UNIZIK)
Political Science (Federal Universities in Lokoja, Kashere, Wukari, Ndufu and Otuoke – but you must have at least D7 or E8 in Mathematics)
Sociology (only Plateau State University accepts D7 in Math, other schools you must have credit in Math)
Elementary Education (Calabar – but at least a pass in Mathematics)

Education & Yoruba (Ibadan, Fountain, TASUED etc)
Education & Islamic Studies (ABU, Abuja etc)
Education & History (AAU, Benin etc)
Physical & Health Education (ABU, Bayero, Calabar, Jos etc)
Education & English Language (AAU, Abuja, Lead City etc)
Education with Fine & Applied Arts (DELSU, OAU etc)
Education & Hausa (ABU etc)
Education & Religious Studies (Ibadan, Ikere Ekiti, Pankshin etc)
Education & Arabic (NorthWest, Bayero etc)
Educational Foundations (ESUTECH, UNIZIK LASU, EBSU etc)

Curriculum & Instruction with Arts options (Niger Delta University)
Primary Education Studies (EKSU, TASUED, Jos – but with E8 or D7 in Math)
Guidance & Counselling (Only IMSU, TASUED, Ibadan and Ilorin accept D7 or E8 in Mathematics)
Special Education (Ibadan)
Adult Education (ESUTECH, RSUST, Ibadan, UNIPORT)
Education & Social Studies (DELSU, Calabar, EBSU)
Civil Law (UNN, Ibadan, Uyo, Madonna, Biu, IMSU, DELSU, AAU, NAU, Jos, OOU, Ilorin, OAU)
Islamic Law/Sharia Law (Ilorin, Bayero, LASU, KSU)
Common Law (Ilorin)
Criminology & Security Studies (Jos)

source: http://www.jarushub.com/50-courses-you-can-study-without-credit-in-mathematics/

JARUS SO YOU NEVER STOP THIS YOUR LIE LIE

2 Likes

Re: 50 Courses You Can Study Without Credit In Mathematics by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jan 18, 2018
Chikita66:

Please remove that flower from your head so your brain can breathe, you need a credit in Maths to study English and Mass Communication

6 Likes

Re: 50 Courses You Can Study Without Credit In Mathematics by AreaFada2: 10:12pm On Jan 18, 2018
aragon4realz:

we don't have ancient history...where was nigeria during the AD's and BC's

Who says? That is where we need to do more research. Take Benin Kingdom for example. When the Europeans first came in the 1470s, before America was even discovered, they met a well-organised state with a well established hierarchy, a King, a traditional prime minister, palace societies of chiefs, in charge of about 33 professional guilds of occupation: royal physicians and diviners (Ewaise), Bronze casters guild (Igun n'eronmwon), Wood/Ivory carvers guild (Igbesanmwan), Drummers guild (Ikpemaba), Leather workers guild (Isekpokin), etc.

I have no doubt many other kingdoms across Nigeria had great achievements since antiquity like NOK culture, Igbo-Ukwu, Oyo, Owo, Ife, Kano, Kanem Bornu, Borghu, etc.

So just because we have not studied our history much does not mean there isn't. Imagine a common disease like malaria, we still do not have a vaccine for it. Why? Because it is poor people's (Africans') disease. This is literally what a renowned medical researcher/professor once told me.

We Africans should be researching/excavating our history and researching our diseases. But no, we fail both ways woefully.

1 Like

Re: 50 Courses You Can Study Without Credit In Mathematics by SirLakes: 10:16pm On Jan 18, 2018
Errr

Where did this op compiled this from
Re: 50 Courses You Can Study Without Credit In Mathematics by SirLakes: 10:21pm On Jan 18, 2018
skarlett:

Please remove that flower from your head so your brain can breathe, you need a credit in Maths to study English and Mass Communication
You r mean

By the way You are pretty, please remove your cap, let me see the shape of your head grin

Re: 50 Courses You Can Study Without Credit In Mathematics by Gerrard59(m): 10:22pm On Jan 18, 2018
SirLakes:
Errr

Where did this op compiled this from

From schools' websites and brochures.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Primary School Best Graduating Student Gets New House As Gift In Rivers. Photos / Six Conditions Given To FG By ASUU Before Suspending Strike / Online University BSc. Degrees In Nigeria

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.