Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,123 members, 7,811,159 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:47 AM

My Fellow Politicians Are Just After 2019 Re-election – Senator Shehu Sani - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / My Fellow Politicians Are Just After 2019 Re-election – Senator Shehu Sani (309 Views)

Senator Shehu Sani SMAN ID Card Released / Polaris Bank For Sale After 2019 Polls / Have A Clue Of What A Befall Nigeria After 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Fellow Politicians Are Just After 2019 Re-election – Senator Shehu Sani by uptimistpeters: 7:41am On Jan 20, 2018
My Fellow Politicians Are Just After 2019 Re-Election – Senator Shehu Sani

The Senator representing Kaduna Central, Shehu Sani, on Thursday accused Nigerian leaders of being insensitive to the killings and bloodshed in many parts of the country.
Sani said political office holders are concerned about the next general elections, adding that instead of them to take decisive steps towards tackling the nation’s problems, they are busy strategizing on how to secure re-election in 2019.
The Senator spoke in Abeokuta, the Ogun State, at a national conference organised by the Freelance and Independent Broadcasters Association of Nigeria (FIBAN).

Delivering his lecture, Sani, who is the Chairman, Senate Committee on Foreign and Local Debts, said Nigerian political parties are devoid of ideology.
He lamented that the country was experiencing tension ahead of 2019 because politicians are desperate for spoils of office and not concerned about the welfare of those who elected them into office.
He said the All Progressives Congress (APC) is a reluctant ruling party while the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) is a timid opposition party.
He advocated for peaceful protests by Nigerians to prick the conscience of those in government.
“All is not well with this country. This is the wrong time to shed blood in Nigeria. If you think that people in power will stop the problem in the country, you are in for a fool’s ride. The attention of people is how to win elections and not how they can end senseless killings and bloodshed.
“It would require a mass, peaceful march in the streets from Nigerians to recharge the conscience of people in power.
“Nigerians are dying in hundreds and in thousands and some people felt what is important is INEC timetable, when is elections and when is primaries.
“It is difficult to hear any public office holder speak the truth because of political calculations. Anybody who says we are not in crisis now is deceiving himself.
“We are only differentiated by names. The PDP came into existence because there is a need to have a national party that will take over from the military. The APC came into power to de-establish the PDP and drive Jonathan out of power and in the process, we have all sorts of people.”

http://www.naijahiblog.com/2018/01/my-fellow-politicians-are-just-after.html

(1) (Reply)

Should Buhari And APC Be Blame For Current Recession? / FRSC Warns Commuters Against Travelling In Container Vehicles / On Snakes And Monkeys- My Thoughts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.