Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,520 members, 7,823,229 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:10 AM

Tips For A First Time CEO, 5 Weeks In. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Tips For A First Time CEO, 5 Weeks In. (318 Views)

Lady Fired While On Her Way To Resume Work For The First Time / UAC Nigeria Appoints Babasola Folasope As New MD/CEO / Timilehin Bello, Meet Media Panache Nigeria CEO: "I Enjoy Being My Own Boss" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Tips For A First Time CEO, 5 Weeks In. by FlashyPrince: 11:38am On Jan 20, 2018
CEO – Like most people, I had gone to Amazon as my first port of call. But if you type ‘First time CEO’ into the books category, the result is more akin to 50 Shades of Grey.
Useful perhaps, but not in the way I had hoped!

This is the first time I’ve written a blog so I have no idea how frequent I will be able to do it, nor how useful/relevant it will be.

However, 5 weeks in, here are some thoughts…

50% of what I thought on day one was wrong
By inference, 50% might still be correct. However, half of what I thought on day one has turned out to be wide of the mark and each day that passes, I learn more about the business and the industry, ensuring I am able to see more clearly and make better decisions.

Don’t get me wrong – instinct is a good thing and sometimes you don’t have enough data or have enough time to make a completely insightful one.

But it is easy to feel overconfident, and a little more learning shows that overconfidence is often misplaced.

The urge to do things straight away is almost irresistible
Michael Watkins wrote in his excellent book “The First 90 Days”, that new leaders must
https://www.mediaparrotng.com/2018/01/tips-first-time-ceo-5-weeks.html/

(1) (Reply)

Life Choices Are Making Confused! / Productivity Hack To Keep You Relevant In Your Company / We Will Unseal Your Office Next Week......police Tell Peace Corps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.