Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,957 members, 7,821,373 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:07 PM

"My Friend's Girlfriend Was Raped To Death In Libya" - Nigerian Man - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / "My Friend's Girlfriend Was Raped To Death In Libya" - Nigerian Man (34436 Views)

Osun Police Arrest Man With Body Parts Of His Friend's Girlfriend (Photo) / Lady Raped To Death In Front Of A Church In Benue (Disturbing Photos) / Stella Doosuur Mnda Raped To Death In Benue. Graphic Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

"My Friend's Girlfriend Was Raped To Death In Libya" - Nigerian Man by MissAprokoMedia(f): 7:18pm On Jan 20, 2018
Nigerian returnee from Libya, Omo Harry, has narrated the bizzare and unfortunate things himself and other Nigerians faced while they were trapped in Libya on their way to Europe .

In an interview with Vanguard, Omo who recently returned to Nigeria, narrated how his friend, Denis’s girlfriend, Rita, whom they all embarked on the journey to Europe in April 2016, was raped to death because she could not afford the money needed for her to continue her journey from Libya to Euope.

Omo said Rita was handcuffed and boys took turns to rape her. She died when one of the boys tried to penertate her. Her corpse was abandoned for two days before it was removed. Her boyfriend watched the men take their turns to have sex with her.

My friend, Denis, said I could travel to Europe if I could raise at least N500,000. He told me that he was also trying to raise same amount for an agent that would facilitate it. I had to sell all my property , including the parcel of land I acquired at Ogudu Bale area of Ogun state. But I could only raise N350,000 at the end.

Denis was able to raise N300,000 while his girlfriend, Rita, had N250,000. The agent said he would complete the money but that we would pay him the balance when we got to Libya. When asked how, he said he would introduce us to someone , who would get us a job and that after paying his balance, we would proceed to Europe.

We bought gala, garri and bread and also bought two bags of sachet water as advised by the agent and left Lagos for Kano. On arriving the border between Kano and Niger, the agent told us to bring N7000 out of the money with us. As we approached the border, a Customs officer came, collected the money from us and asked us to wait until he gave the directive for us to cross thorough a bush path.

Finally, we arrived Qatrun, the first state in Libya . We were taken to a connection house . In that connection house were tranke which are camps where migrants who do not have the needed amount to continue the journey are kept. On the first day at the tranke, we were welcomed with good food. But at night, they began a roll call and separated those who had completed payment from those who hadn’t . Of course, myself, Denis and Rita were in the disadvantaged group. At this point, the agent was nowhere to be found. In fact we were all confused as to what to do next . At this connection house, the head is called Capon. We also had OC Torture . The Capo collects relatives number and demand money for captives to continue their journey. It was at that point that I got to know that Rita did not tell her parents she was traveling. When she was given the phone to speak with her mother, we overheard her crying. Rita’s parents sent N150,000, which covered three of us. We thought we were free, not knowing that the horror had only just begun.” Sabha connection house.

https://joelsblog.com.ng/libya-returnee-narrates-how-his-friends-girlfriend-was-raped-to-death/
Re: "My Friend's Girlfriend Was Raped To Death In Libya" - Nigerian Man by hisgrace090: 7:31pm On Jan 20, 2018
Despite your narration here, another person will still move to Libia tomorrow through back door. For that I have no mercy for any such person again.

I know there are so many things you can survive even with150.000naira here in Nigeria, if you are not the pompouse or proud type.

74 Likes 1 Share

Re: "My Friend's Girlfriend Was Raped To Death In Libya" - Nigerian Man by doyinbaby(f): 7:44pm On Jan 20, 2018
Journey to Libya is equal to journey to hell....i

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: "My Friend's Girlfriend Was Raped To Death In Libya" - Nigerian Man by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jan 20, 2018
I am too stunned to comment anything of note.

8 Likes

Re: "My Friend's Girlfriend Was Raped To Death In Libya" - Nigerian Man by tomlittleotom: 8:59pm On Jan 20, 2018
ddd
Re: "My Friend's Girlfriend Was Raped To Death In Libya" - Nigerian Man by sotall(m): 9:00pm On Jan 20, 2018
sad sad
Re: "My Friend's Girlfriend Was Raped To Death In Libya" - Nigerian Man by xynerise: 9:00pm On Jan 20, 2018
Some people are even risky their lives stealing just to go and die in Libya as we speak

8 Likes

Re: "My Friend's Girlfriend Was Raped To Death In Libya" - Nigerian Man by OyiboOyibo(m): 9:01pm On Jan 20, 2018
Libya...d land of desperate souls...welcome home guys to our shithole Nigeria wit our dullard president

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "My Friend's Girlfriend Was Raped To Death In Libya" - Nigerian Man by SILVA112(m): 9:01pm On Jan 20, 2018
Pele '' 2morrow u travel thru back door okay
Re: "My Friend's Girlfriend Was Raped To Death In Libya" - Nigerian Man by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jan 20, 2018
1960 was the year our fathers made the biggest mistake to declare independence. Before you guys start to judge, If Nigeria was good, would they have travelled to Libya in the first place ?

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: "My Friend's Girlfriend Was Raped To Death In Libya" - Nigerian Man by Earthkumy(m): 9:02pm On Jan 20, 2018
No matter how you sing it they don't hear. They wan go abroad

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: "My Friend's Girlfriend Was Raped To Death In Libya" - Nigerian Man by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jan 20, 2018
Buhari sef sad
Re: "My Friend's Girlfriend Was Raped To Death In Libya" - Nigerian Man by Hardeybohwarley(m): 9:02pm On Jan 20, 2018
Comment later.
Re: "My Friend's Girlfriend Was Raped To Death In Libya" - Nigerian Man by calabaman(m): 9:02pm On Jan 20, 2018
raped to death?

Sad***

2 Likes

Re: "My Friend's Girlfriend Was Raped To Death In Libya" - Nigerian Man by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jan 20, 2018
What a pity!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "My Friend's Girlfriend Was Raped To Death In Libya" - Nigerian Man by olaniyi0(m): 9:03pm On Jan 20, 2018
Libya again, that shithole country.

2 Likes

Re: "My Friend's Girlfriend Was Raped To Death In Libya" - Nigerian Man by HEFAIROHLUWA(m): 9:04pm On Jan 20, 2018
Greedy fellows! So you could raise such amount that could be utilized to start a small business here just to risk and put your lives in danger? sad

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: "My Friend's Girlfriend Was Raped To Death In Libya" - Nigerian Man by kenzysmith: 9:04pm On Jan 20, 2018
There is na sex doll say no to raping
Re: "My Friend's Girlfriend Was Raped To Death In Libya" - Nigerian Man by emeijeh(m): 9:05pm On Jan 20, 2018
Imagine the ugly experience

3 Likes

Re: "My Friend's Girlfriend Was Raped To Death In Libya" - Nigerian Man by Hardeybohwarley(m): 9:05pm On Jan 20, 2018
The biochemistry of sex never stops amazing, Dopamine in our brain is released across synapses, causing pleasure. Stick electrodes in a rat's brain give it an orgasm button, it'll push that thing till it starves to death. The difference between rat and human is that you can't stick electrodes in a human hypothalamus, and that is why a partner comes in.

Wonder why some people can't hold theirselves, as if raping is not enough still have to include death. Condolences to the family of the lady anyway.

3 Likes

Re: "My Friend's Girlfriend Was Raped To Death In Libya" - Nigerian Man by tossie101(f): 9:05pm On Jan 20, 2018
undecided
Re: "My Friend's Girlfriend Was Raped To Death In Libya" - Nigerian Man by condralbedez: 9:05pm On Jan 20, 2018
Just to leave this Shiit hole,called 9ja
Re: "My Friend's Girlfriend Was Raped To Death In Libya" - Nigerian Man by ud4u: 9:05pm On Jan 20, 2018
What a hell

1 Like

Re: "My Friend's Girlfriend Was Raped To Death In Libya" - Nigerian Man by Bigseven(m): 9:07pm On Jan 20, 2018
cough cough. kpwale! in kiss Daniel's voice yeba

1 Like

Re: "My Friend's Girlfriend Was Raped To Death In Libya" - Nigerian Man by ajoyeleke(m): 9:07pm On Jan 20, 2018
Click like if u think people have learnt their lesson

Click share if u think some fools re still on dia way to Libya
Re: "My Friend's Girlfriend Was Raped To Death In Libya" - Nigerian Man by free2ryhme: 9:08pm On Jan 20, 2018
MissAprokoMedia:
Nigerian returnee from Libya, Omo Harry, has narrated the bizzare and unfortunate things himself and other Nigerians faced while they were trapped in Libya on their way to Europe .

In an interview with Vanguard, Omo who recently returned to Nigeria, narrated how his friend, Denis’s girlfriend, Rita, whom they all embarked on the journey to Europe in April 2016, was raped to death because she could not afford the money needed for her to continue her journey from Libya to Euope.

Omo said Rita was handcuffed and boys took turns to rape her. She died when one of the boys tried to penertate her. Her corpse was abandoned for two days before it was removed. Her boyfriend watched the men take their turns to have sex with her.

My friend, Denis, said I could travel to Europe if I could raise at least N500,000. He told me that he was also trying to raise same amount for an agent that would facilitate it. I had to sell all my property , including the parcel of land I acquired at Ogudu Bale area of Ogun state. But I could only raise N350,000 at the end.

Denis was able to raise N300,000 while his girlfriend, Rita, had N250,000. The agent said he would complete the money but that we would pay him the balance when we got to Libya. When asked how, he said he would introduce us to someone , who would get us a job and that after paying his balance, we would proceed to Europe.

We bought gala, garri and bread and also bought two bags of sachet water as advised by the agent and left Lagos for Kano. On arriving the border between Kano and Niger, the agent told us to bring N7000 out of the money with us. As we approached the border, a Customs officer came, collected the money from us and asked us to wait until he gave the directive for us to cross thorough a bush path.

Finally, we arrived Qatrun, the first state in Libya . We were taken to a connection house . In that connection house were tranke which are camps where migrants who do not have the needed amount to continue the journey are kept. On the first day at the tranke, we were welcomed with good food. But at night, they began a roll call and separated those who had completed payment from those who hadn’t . Of course, myself, Denis and Rita were in the disadvantaged group. At this point, the agent was nowhere to be found. In fact we were all confused as to what to do next . At this connection house, the head is called Capon. We also had OC Torture . The Capo collects relatives number and demand money for captives to continue their journey. It was at that point that I got to know that Rita did not tell her parents she was traveling. When she was given the phone to speak with her mother, we overheard her crying. Rita’s parents sent N150,000, which covered three of us. We thought we were free, not knowing that the horror had only just begun.” Sabha connection house.

https://joelsblog.com.ng/libya-returnee-narrates-how-his-friends-girlfriend-was-raped-to-death/

shocked shocked shocked
Re: "My Friend's Girlfriend Was Raped To Death In Libya" - Nigerian Man by Nobody: 9:09pm On Jan 20, 2018
Take heart bro

1 Like

Re: "My Friend's Girlfriend Was Raped To Death In Libya" - Nigerian Man by Wagasigiungu(m): 9:09pm On Jan 20, 2018
MissAprokoMedia:

Each one of them could individually raise 300k, 350k, and 250k. Between them they raised 900k, (over a million naira, if i am to factor in the 150k sent by the deaceased Rita's parents). Smh

Quite unfortunate that they couldn't put heads together to form a partnership in a business venture of their choice. Yes 9ja no be am but then it is said that Half bread is better than nothing and there is no place like home. Nigerian youths need to have a rethink about this pervasive dream of traveling out of the country especially when you intend to cut corners. Even the oyibos are not as welcoming as before. Libya is a war zone.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "My Friend's Girlfriend Was Raped To Death In Libya" - Nigerian Man by Diso60090(m): 9:10pm On Jan 20, 2018
Welcome
Re: "My Friend's Girlfriend Was Raped To Death In Libya" - Nigerian Man by don4real18(m): 9:10pm On Jan 20, 2018
Nigeria may be hell but the answer isn't Libya

2 Likes

Re: "My Friend's Girlfriend Was Raped To Death In Libya" - Nigerian Man by Rukkydelta(f): 9:10pm On Jan 20, 2018
Like you guys invest that money into a meaningful busineess you could have made alot by now
RIP Rita

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Panel Beater Steals His Sister's And Brother's Wife's Pants In Ondo / Lady Caught After Using Fake Alert To Buy N1.3 Million Product Online (video) / Three Suspected Robbers Burnt For Stealing DJ Equipments In Ughelli (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.