Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,304 members, 7,954,227 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 02:52 PM

A Review Of Nigerian Musical Artistes Based On Last Year - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / A Review Of Nigerian Musical Artistes Based On Last Year (455 Views)

Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? / A Review Of Omah Lay's New Album "Boy Alone Album" - TrendyBeatz / The Most Corrupt Nigerian Musical Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Review Of Nigerian Musical Artistes Based On Last Year by ebbymayox(m): 9:44pm On Jan 20, 2018
Straight Talk with B L A D E S

One of the Biggest mystery of Nigerian Music is Olamide. He is a trouble at the very best. 8 years counting and he is still on top of his game. I do listen to his song even though I am dead sure he sings really trending trash. But that at that, he is a musical and marketing genius. In what sense?
Take a look at all his recent hits- he knows how to force his song into every class of people- How? Easy repeatable lyrics, good beat then there is always a dance he introduces to each song to capture his audience. Olamide would def stay long in this game , I can bet on that

Davido:
Money apart- this guy was last year mvp. He took away the chart. From “If” to “Banana” then “Fia”.
The problem is he is making life difficult for any upcoming-this is someone that can pay a VJ a million just to play his song. He has change the Nigerian music enterprise monetarily.. any upcoming will need to bring more coming.

Harry Song:
First to begin, don’t play the “Ele” song close to me.
Harry was a lover boy, a pako version of Banky.
He came first with “I’m in love”- great rnb song. But whats RndB to a typical Nigerian who is used to Shaku Shaku- may be Rice and Beans.
He tried the “trashy song, good beat” style and it worked like cryptocurrency, ever since then he has gone too far with it.
Whats even “Ele” o? Mtchew!

Dj Cuppy:

Can we just call her Cuppy.
Except the Dj means something else.
An Ilorin DJ will do better than what she does. No apology!
But she has a good heart though but that will be good for charity not music.

Forgot to add this:Historically Nigerian female musicians dont last long in this industry( none have lasted uptill 10years)... Aunty Tiwa is trying her best, I hope she debunks this. Sasha, Kemistry, Eva, Bukky they all were very talented.
Reasons: Alot, first I think the Naija females artist need to come together under one voice like they attempted once, then another problem is Nigeria- once a female artist gets married is like her ambitions also got married to something else- its a cultural thing. Or how many men here will confidently agree to let their wife go frequently for music shows. Very few!

Dj Neptune still remains the King of Djs in Nigeria(my opinion)
What about Jimmy? That one is legendary!��

Give your own take! Mumu Talk is allowed!
Re: A Review Of Nigerian Musical Artistes Based On Last Year by Nobody: 9:53pm On Jan 20, 2018
When I read about MISS CUPPY

Re: A Review Of Nigerian Musical Artistes Based On Last Year by PheezyLee(m): 10:08pm On Jan 20, 2018
Dj real dey burst my head sha. His mixtapes are dope &now i listen to Eko fm just because he's there inhouse dj.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

10 Most Asked Questions In Singplus Karaoke App / "Will You Be Flora My Flawa" - Guess Whose Don Jazzy Asked To Be His Val Was? / Audio+video:redwine Eccentric – “soot City”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.