Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,911 members, 7,956,424 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 11:42 AM

Black Panther To Be Mcu’s James Bond, Director Says - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Black Panther To Be Mcu’s James Bond, Director Says (534 Views)

10 Most Popular James Bond Cars / Toyota Teams Up With Marvel's Black Panther To Show Off The New Lexus LS 500 / Black Panther : Why Is Everyone Acting So Stupid? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Black Panther To Be Mcu’s James Bond, Director Says by realslicky(m): 12:42pm On Jan 21, 2018
Chadwick Boseman’s T’Challa will be the James Bond of the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) in the forthcoming Black Panther film.

Creed and Fruitvale Station director Ryan Coogler is steering the long-awaited superhero movie for Marvel Studios, according to a script he co-wrote with American Crime Story writer-producer, Joe Robert Cole, with Boseman repeating his role as the superhero Black Panther from Anthony and Joe Russo’s Captain America: Civil War.

Marvel has been testing with different genres and types of stories when it comes to their superhero movies lately. Their first trial was with the Russo’s Captain America: The Winter Soldier(2014), where they built a political thriller which involved the Cold War.

And then Peyton Reed’s Ant-Man(2015) was hyped as a comedy-heist film, while Jon Watts’ Spider-Man: Homecoming(2017) was perceived as a coming-of-age comedy. All three actually worked out really well, now Marvel is planning to go into the spy genre.

An interview with Total Film revealed how Ryan Coogler explained Marvel Studios’ interest in making Black Panther their James Bond film, with T’Challa, of course, being a superhero version of 007

“When I initially started talking to Marvel, I noticed one thing they were interested in was for Panther to be their James Bond version, which I thought was awesome. It was actually an out-of-the-box form to view T’Challa. There’re some Bond movies that I really, really like, and it gave me the chance to go see some other ones.”

Take a look at the car chase glimpsed in trailers: doesn’t it look like something a Bond movie would feature?

To read full..click here>>> http://relayvibes.com/black-panther-mcus-james-bond-director-says/

(1) (Reply)

Bbnaija 2018: Ifu Ennada Opens Up About Liking Leo / Why Jay Jay Okocha Deserves A Biopic - Yeyepikin Movie Blog / Does Gotv Have Riverdale?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.