Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,918 members, 7,810,528 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:35 AM

Should The 80's And 90's Kids Also Keep Quiet And Accept These Religious Lies? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should The 80's And 90's Kids Also Keep Quiet And Accept These Religious Lies? (1688 Views)

Religious Lies 1 / EndSARS: Pastor Enenche On Protest 'Nigerians Have Been Keeping Quiet For Long' / Obasanjo: If Jesus Were In Nigeria Today, He Would Not Keep Quiet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should The 80's And 90's Kids Also Keep Quiet And Accept These Religious Lies? by iamvictorbassey: 2:55pm On Jan 21, 2018
SHOULD THE 80's AND 90's KIDS ALSO KEEP QUIET AND ACCEPT THESE RELIGIOUS LIES?
NOTE: Please before you make any comment, or insult anybody, please sacrifice a bit of your time to read the write up.

Growing up, I remember asking my mother questions like, "Mummy who is God?" "Where did he come from" "Who is God's father?" etc. All of these questions were never answered. Either there were answered by means of question diversion or scolding.

Which simply meant our parent’s parent were handed religions they knew nothing about, they surprisingly did not question the religion, and they handed it down to our parents, who in turn want to hand it down to us. But here is the big problem with our time. You can’t kill the curiosity of our time. In the time of our parents, stupid obedience was Golden, this is why they acted very orthodox, and it reflects even in education as it took so many years before our educational syllabus was changed. If you want to argue, ask yourself what we were still learning typewriting and shorthand for even in 2004 when I already had a Pentium 4? Unfortunately our generation is not bound to that kind of obedience, so is the generation after us going to be wilder.

As I grew older, if I asked same questions, on who God was? I was blackmailed by one statement. "YOU ARE BLASPHEMING, REMEMBER A SIN AGAINST THE HOLY SPIRIT IS THE ONLY UNFORGIVABLE SIN." Big lie, that statement is like raping a small girl and telling her that if she ever tells anyone, that day she dies. So she'd have to live all her young age with that stigma, rubbish. Today we must dissect some of these lies.

For those of you whose fingers are already itching to reply this write-up, please try to do so without making some of these your common comments like "The things of the spirit are foolishness unto canal men..... The things of God are not logical...... May God open your eyes to see...etc..." Please in your responses, try to be as logical as possible.

A few weeks ago Daddy Freeze hammered on some things affecting our society religiously, many people were not too happy he touched the most delicate thing one can find in an African society which is RELIGION. How disappointing, religion is what we cherish in a 3rd world country and an underdeveloped society.

In my opinion, Freeze was a bit gentle with the way he touched a part of the religion and even made references to the Bible. In this article I am going to leave no stone unturned. I will touch all the so called forbidden part of both major religions, as the both of them has brought us under development. So if you know you easily get hurt on religious topics, LEAVE NOW.

QUESTION NO 1
Who wrote the Bible / Quran? Yes!!! I have to start from here because a lot of you in defense will start quoting scriptures from both books which are yet to be verified.
If your answer is the inspiration of the Holy Spirit?
How do we verify the authenticity of the inspiration? Or are you saying I too can get inspired to edit a lot of the things written in both books?
If both books were written by "Men", where did they get their info from? Did they meet with "God" one on one, face to face? If they did "Why can’t our generation have access to the same "God" face to face?
If Men could write scriptures with the settings and events in their time, why should it guide us till date? Why can’t we edit it in our own time? What makes the writers superior to those of us reading it?

Until those questions have logical answers, please don't quote from the bible in attacking this write-up. Attack logically.

Until then we can liken all religions to be "football" clubs, created by men, laws written by men, some were born in it and are acting as if they choosed it, some choosed it and use it as a covering to be bad persons in the society, so supporting any should not make you loose your sense of creative thinking.

ETHICS
Did I say both religions have brought us underdevelopment?

As at the time of typing this write-up, there is fuel scarcity. Some selfish elements in the country have decided to hoard PMS for selfish gains. If it were possible to arrest them all, charge all of them to court. They all will either swear by the Bible or Quran. Which means they are either Christians or Muslims. Which invariably means Christians are taking advantage of their fellow brothers festive periods to exploit them. And Muslims too are involved. This brings me to the question what then is the use of the religion?
All of the un-tarred, death trap roads in Nigeria are roads, whose money is the bank account of individuals who are either Christians or Muslims.
Since I was born, I have known power failure, yet "Monies" have been awarded for electricity projects which have all ended up in the private bank accounts of Christians and Muslims.

Which brings me to this very big question,
"WHY ARE WE SO RELIGIOUS, YET NOT "GOD FEARING" IF THERE'S ONE?"
“WHY DOES THE SO CALLED GOD ALLOW EVIL PEOPLE PROSPER SO LONG?”
“WHY ARE CHRISTIANS SO QUICK TO ASSUME BAD PEOPLE ARE SUFFERING IN SECRET?”
"WHY ARE OUR POLITICAL LEADERS (WHO PROMOTE RELIGIOUS INTOLERANCE AND INTER RELIGIOUS CRISIS), AND RELIGIOUS LEADERS NOT FOLLOWING THEIR RELIGIOUS DOCTRINES IF THERE TRULY IS HEAVEN AND HELL?
WHO HAS DIED WITH EVIDENCE AND COME BACK TO VERIFY THE PRESENCE OF HEAVEN AND HELL?
"WHAT ARE THEY SEEING THAT WE ARE NOT SEEING? MAYBE THERE IS NO HEAVEN OR HELL AFTER-ALL, JUST BLACKMAIL TO KEEP US IN CHECK."

MAYBE THERE IS SOMETHING THEY KNOW THAT WE THE MASSES DON'T.
Maybe it's because they know that "RELIGION IS JUST A TOOL FOR SOCIAL CONTROL"
Maybe it's because they know that nothing will happen, that's why they fool the masses in order to rip them of their cash then spend it on frivolities.

If the so called religions cannot guide our leaders and create the fear of stealing, then of what use is it to us any longer? When it is fast ripping us apart?

Most of the people who crippled Nigeria and put it where it is today are still in the centre or within the corridors of Power, crippling it the more. And later someone will quote his Bible telling me how the wicked will know no peace? Telling me how the wicked will die? So you are trying to say if a man dies at 80+, God has finally decided to deal with him? Wow!! You must be kidding me.

I will be a bit fair in my criticism for the Muslims, not because I'm scared of them, but because when you check the statistics they are more serious minded and organized than the Christians. Before you put this statement to a debate watch this links on the richest countries in the world. Even the richest in Africa is Tunisia and Libya, another Muslim country so calm your nerves and explain logically how the HOLY SPIRIT cannot give us the power to create wealth with all of our 40, 50, 100 days of prayers and fasting. Or isn't it the same Oil deposits that are found in South-South Nigeria? If population is the problem what about proportion? (If you get what I mean)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mZl9AePmHs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFpHUzNomlc
http://fortune.com/2017/11/17/richest-country-in-the-world/

Christians especially in Nigeria (Since I've not met others yet) are exceptional experts in self-deceit and delusions. They know how to deceive themselves to an irreversible extent.
It is only in Nigeria that Christians will pray for God to elect their candidate into office rather than get PVC's and vote.
Christians in Nigerian pray for things to get better, rather than work for things to get better.
Christians in Nigeria pray for God to touch the heart of evil leaders who had strategized for so many years what they'll do when they seize power. Rather than push in their candidates.
Christians in Nigeria tell the youth born in the early 90's that God will make a way in a society where a few of us who are privileged are just lucky because of foundations our parents built for us.
Christians in Nigeria (Churches) will rather spend 1 billion on crusades whereas a plastic production facility is way less than 200 Million.
Christian in Nigeria will do stupid things and say God's will be done.
Yet these same Christians see Muslims and other religions as inferior.

Let me burst 1 very big bubble that will offend a lot of people today. There is nothing like the second coming of Jesus. That statement called "The second coming" is the adult version of asking one to be good all year so that Santa Claus can give him/her presents in Christmas.

One thing that is likely is Karma. And believe me, even Karma itself is not a law. If you doubt ask yourself why is it that some people get involved in exam malpractice up till 500Level and graduate and never get caught? Some even get juicy appointments, do “on-the-job-training” and escape for life. While some get caught on their final paper?
Ever asked yourself where all the “Pray for Nigeria” prayers go to? And if they worked why most of our politicians are still alive?

I hear a lot of Christians comfort themselves with statements like this world is not my own, bla bla bla. This world is your own. This world is our very own matrass and bed. If we Africans don't lay our bed well, then we will have to live in our "SHIT-HOLE" of a continent, or play second class citizens in other people’s country and stop complaining about how they treat us.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should The 80's And 90's Kids Also Keep Quiet And Accept These Religious Lies? by iamvictorbassey: 2:58pm On Jan 21, 2018
So If you’re Nigerian, and you one day think that the clouds will open and a man with a white robe bla bla bla as the white people have configured you to reason will come down and repair Nigerian roads, come down and fix corruption, come down and build industries, you will die, and you will never see such happen. Even your grandchildren will die and never see such.
If the strong people (Churches/Mosques/Good Men and Women of Influence) don’t use their might wisely, wrong people will continue to rule us wrongly and we foolish people will continue to cry “victims”, whereas we are “accomplices” who voted in.

The time has come when we need to call a spade a spade, tell ourselves the truth even if we will have to step on our toes.
Why get offended when you steal and people call you a thief? Why hate your teacher for calling you a dullard when you are the least in the class? Why not top the class and see to hearing such names? Why transfer our aggression on Trump for saying the truth?

A LOT OF PEOPLE ASK ME “WHY DO WE WRITERS ALWAYS CHANNEL OUR ANGER TO CHURCHES?”
Now here is why. Let's say a minimum of 1,000,000 Christians earn N 100,000 monthly and faithfully pay tithe of N10,000 monthly. That would sum up to N 10,000,000,000 10 Billion Naira every month and N 120,000,000,000 every year. We all know it is way more than this, but let's keep it at this.

With this kind of huge figure which is more than some State’s budget and allocation, should Christians in Nigeria be wallowing in the level of poverty they find themselves? Take it or leave it, the church in Nigeria is one of the biggest financial institutions/platform.

Shouldn't the Church instead of screaming "die by fire" for someone who will never die rather go into production, nominate people from within their own Caucus into political positions to protect their interests, thereby passing bills that will support productions and manufacturing industries etc? Thereby bettering the lives of the citizens?

But NO!!! This cannot happen in the Christendom because Mr A says I'm "Winner's" Mr B says "I'm Chosen" Mr C is "Deeper Life" Mr D is "Redeemed" thus they cannot keep their doctrines and differences aside. Thus they cannot reason as one. When the crack in the wall is being exploited by a corrupt politician, they cry foul.
Funny enough, doctrines they all claim to draw from the same Bible. Funny how 1 book is on the other hand an author of confusion?

Some topics in Nigeria are kept as sacred such as this. Me I will touch it and nothing will happen. Because we cannot continue to feed the next generation with that useless lie called "E go better". Imagine boys were not engaging themselves with fraudulent acts like "Yahoo, credit card scams, etc" can you imagine what the rate of armed robbery would be like? Or kidnapping?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should The 80's And 90's Kids Also Keep Quiet And Accept These Religious Lies? by iamvictorbassey: 3:05pm On Jan 21, 2018
CASE STUDY
If I am in Qatar and I'm told that hitting my head on the ground daily is what brings wealth, I will easily give in owing to the huge mass of wealth such a country has. So tell me how Nigerian Christians will convince me into believing that wealth can be likened to Christians? When majority of Church goers live in slums yet claim to know so much.

If I go to India, formerly one of the world's poorest country, and I'm told that worshiping a cow/statue can make me produce Bajaj, keke Napep, motorcycles, Inverters, fans, Tata, Jaguar cars and so on. I will easily be moved to believe, because I have seen their currency grow to Rs63 per $1USD.

If I go to the next big thing about to hit the world "China", and I'm told that worshiping dragons can make me with a population of over 3billion people be a global center for commerce, just like Nigeria ought to be in Africa which unfortunately we aren't, I will easily believe.

The only thing that will stand in my way of choosing whom to believe is the fact that I find one thing in common amongst all of the above named countries except Nigeria, which is HARD (SMART) WORK. That is the only thing that is prevalent in all of these countries. That is the only element missing in Nigeria.

Nigeria has no credible research centre whether owned by the Government. Church, Mosque or Individual. But we have prayer houses, churches and mosques scattered all over.
Nigeria is the only country that wants to pray technology to reality. Hahahaha.
We are no longer satisfied with the Sunday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday Church programmes, we now have Home Cells in almost every area.
I hope this religions will produce food, jobs, clothes, shelther and security for our children unborn. Dont forget that children born in the year 2000 will be 18years this year.

Meet an average Nigerian, talk to him for 10minutes, the next thing he/she is trying to decipher is your religion and your tribe.
When is excellence going to lead the way? Rather than sentiments?
When are we going to have a country where people who qualify will lead irrespective of their religious leanings, tribe, regalia, hairstyle, complexion, gender, etc?

Until then we will not go anywhere, neither will Africa. Because almost all African countries look up to Nigeria.

So I ask again, are we going to believe all those lies of this world not being our home? Or are we the 80'and 90's kids going to stand up and lay our beds?

Victor Bassey

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should The 80's And 90's Kids Also Keep Quiet And Accept These Religious Lies? by AvsGot007(m): 3:56pm On Jan 21, 2018
Good stuffs you got here... we need more of this man Pls!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should The 80's And 90's Kids Also Keep Quiet And Accept These Religious Lies? by iamvictorbassey: 4:10pm On Jan 21, 2018
AvsGot007:
Good stuffs you got here... we need more of this man Pls!
Thanks man. And the man above too
Re: Should The 80's And 90's Kids Also Keep Quiet And Accept These Religious Lies? by oluebubeneo(f): 4:17pm On Jan 21, 2018
'onward Christian soldiers ' will soon arrive

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should The 80's And 90's Kids Also Keep Quiet And Accept These Religious Lies? by budaatum: 4:21pm On Jan 21, 2018
iamvictorbassey:
Thanks man. And the man above too
Thank you sir for this thread Victor Bassey.

My ma tells me when she was young, they were made to believe Jerusalem was in heaven and god lived there. On her way to UK in the 60s, they happened to go via Egypt and Israel and she visited Jerusalem, and that's when a dagger was thrown through her faith. That is the level of ignorance that prevailed.

1 Like

Re: Should The 80's And 90's Kids Also Keep Quiet And Accept These Religious Lies? by Lordcenturion2(m): 5:17pm On Jan 21, 2018
A beautiful write up

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should The 80's And 90's Kids Also Keep Quiet And Accept These Religious Lies? by orisa37: 5:45pm On Jan 21, 2018
You are just not relating very well with your Spirit.

1 Like

Re: Should The 80's And 90's Kids Also Keep Quiet And Accept These Religious Lies? by frank317: 5:45pm On Jan 21, 2018
When i see writeup like this i cant help but wonder what people like butterflylion, sciencewatch and felixomore argue for.

Well, i know sciencewatch is not alright... but for other seemingly reasonable people who argue for religion... i just wonder

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should The 80's And 90's Kids Also Keep Quiet And Accept These Religious Lies? by iamvictorbassey: 6:34pm On Jan 21, 2018
orisa37:
You are just not relating very well with your Spirit.
How do I believe in the things of the spirit? Or relate with my spirit when our physical environment is a mess? How about we work on the physical world and see to the spiritual things adjusting themselves to suit us?

1 Like

Re: Should The 80's And 90's Kids Also Keep Quiet And Accept These Religious Lies? by frank317: 8:21pm On Jan 21, 2018
iamvictorbassey:

How do I believe in the things of the spirit? Or relate with my spirit when our physical environment is a mess? How about we work on the physical world and see to the spiritual things adjusting themselves to suit us?

Ask him what the so called spirit looks like and he will start telling u long story. What has spirit got to do with buharis incompetency?
Re: Should The 80's And 90's Kids Also Keep Quiet And Accept These Religious Lies? by orisa37: 4:55am On Jan 22, 2018
That is how it should be, individually ofcourse, when you have Jesus. Read Psalm 4:4-5.
Re: Should The 80's And 90's Kids Also Keep Quiet And Accept These Religious Lies? by Lordcenturion2(m): 6:14am On Jan 22, 2018
orisa37:
That is how it should be, individually ofcourse, when you have Jesus.
Read Psalm 4:4-5.

A beautiful write up, children of 80's and 90's can change things forever, but if we fail I don't think our children will also be successful, it must happen in our generation, if it doesn't happen now, definitely children of 2000,s will follow our foot steps and it will continue till in the next 100 or 200 years, we have to do something right now to develop our continent like the rest, waiting for an alien to come down from the clouds is a lies and deceit,it's is just like tortoise story they use to tell us..... African youth should rise up, we can't afford to let this continue, we are still in religion bondage and slavery, Nigeria is doomed under a bad leader because of religion,religion has make us suffer a lot, catastrophe everywhere, boko haram, fuel issue, tribal war, religion war, biafra, fulani herdsmen, Niger militant,electricity black out, secret court, war in churches because of position, embeselment of national treasuries, lies, deceits, rituals, yahoo yahoo, selfishness, hatred, poverty, drug pusher, unemployment etc, everything in the same country, yet we are the most religious country in the world, produce most prominent pastors in the world...we should sit and think...

2 Likes

Re: Should The 80's And 90's Kids Also Keep Quiet And Accept These Religious Lies? by emechi: 9:40am On Jan 22, 2018
Well answering your questions will be tantamount to a waste of resources because I sensed you have a "ready-made" answers to your questions(which you're inclined to believe regardless of any answer given). But may I remind you that your post is based on ignorance(concerning the positive sides of religion-especially Christianity). How can you who see nothing wrong in Internet fraud(as indicated indirectly) question the integrity of corrupt leaders? In addition, judging from your word usage, one of the major driving forces for this post is love of money; which is
the is root of most evil (as the Bible rightly says).
Re: Should The 80's And 90's Kids Also Keep Quiet And Accept These Religious Lies? by enilove(m): 9:51am On Jan 22, 2018
Op, it will do you a lot of good if you change your thinking from no God to there is God.

There are so many things that should make you to believe that there is God . I will tell you of one .

Since you have been born , have seen a river divided on its own , even for a minute?

In case you have not read in the Bible that God divided a sea for about 12 hours for the Israelites to pass through , I am telling you this now and below is the Biblical account:
Exodus 14:21-31 KJV
And Moses stretched out his hand over the sea; and the Lord caused the sea to go back by a strong east wind all that night, and made the sea dry land , and the waters were divided. [22] And the children of Israel went into the midst of the sea upon the dry ground : and the waters were a wall unto them on their right hand, and on their left. [23] And the Egyptians pursued, and went in after them to the midst of the sea, even all Pharaoh's horses, his chariots, and his horsemen. [24] And it came to pass, that in the morning watch the Lord looked unto the host of the Egyptians through the pillar of fire and of the cloud, and troubled the host of the Egyptians, [25] And took off their chariot wheels, that they drave them heavily: so that the Egyptians said, Let us flee from the face of Israel; for the Lord fighteth for them against the Egyptians. [26] And the Lord said unto Moses, Stretch out thine hand over the sea, that the waters may come again upon the Egyptians, upon their chariots, and upon their horsemen. [27] And Moses stretched forth his hand over the sea, and the sea returned to his strength when the morning appeared; and the Egyptians fled against it; and the Lord overthrew the Egyptians in the midst of the sea. [28] And the waters returned, and covered the chariots, and the horsemen, and all the host of Pharaoh that came into the sea after them; there remained not so much as one of them. [29] But the children of Israel walked upon dry land in the midst of the sea; and the waters were a wall unto them on their right hand, and on their left. [30] Thus the Lord saved Israel that day out of the hand of the Egyptians; and Israel saw the Egyptians dead upon the sea shore. [31] And Israel saw that great work which the Lord did upon the Egyptians: and the people feared the Lord , and believed the Lord , and his servant Moses.

This Biblical account should inform you that there is a God that Created the Sea and everything inside it.
Re: Should The 80's And 90's Kids Also Keep Quiet And Accept These Religious Lies? by Lordcenturion2(m): 1:06pm On Jan 22, 2018
enilove:
Op, it will do you a lot of good if you change your thinking from no God to there is God.

There are so many things that should make you to believe that there is God . I will tell you of one .

Since you have been born , have seen a river divided on its own , even for a minute?

In case you have not read in the Bible that God divided a sea for about 12 hours for the Israelites to pass through , I am telling you this now and below is the Biblical account:
Exodus 14:21-31 KJV
And Moses stretched out his hand over the sea; and the Lord caused the sea to go back by a strong east wind all that night, and made the sea dry land , and the waters were divided. [22] And the children of Israel went into the midst of the sea upon the dry ground : and the waters were a wall unto them on their right hand, and on their left. [23] And the Egyptians pursued, and went in after them to the midst of the sea, even all Pharaoh's horses, his chariots, and his horsemen. [24] And it came to pass, that in the morning watch the Lord looked unto the host of the Egyptians through the pillar of fire and of the cloud, and troubled the host of the Egyptians, [25] And took off their chariot wheels, that they drave them heavily: so that the Egyptians said, Let us flee from the face of Israel; for the Lord fighteth for them against the Egyptians. [26] And the Lord said unto Moses, Stretch out thine hand over the sea, that the waters may come again upon the Egyptians, upon their chariots, and upon their horsemen. [27] And Moses stretched forth his hand over the sea, and the sea returned to his strength when the morning appeared; and the Egyptians fled against it; and the Lord overthrew the Egyptians in the midst of the sea. [28] And the waters returned, and covered the chariots, and the horsemen, and all the host of Pharaoh that came into the sea after them; there remained not so much as one of them. [29] But the children of Israel walked upon dry land in the midst of the sea; and the waters were a wall unto them on their right hand, and on their left. [30] Thus the Lord saved Israel that day out of the hand of the Egyptians; and Israel saw the Egyptians dead upon the sea shore. [31] And Israel saw that great work which the Lord did upon the Egyptians: and the people feared the Lord , and believed the Lord , and his servant Moses.

This Biblical account should inform you that there is a God that Created the Sea and everything inside it.

U just come here to spoil this beautiful thread with ur jaggons, nothing stop u from creating ur own and preach ur nonsense there, were u there wen the sea was divided?,we are living in an era where lies spread like a news not to talk of a write up that came from illiterates imagination long time ago... Rubbish

1 Like

Re: Should The 80's And 90's Kids Also Keep Quiet And Accept These Religious Lies? by soho2911(m): 2:45pm On Jan 22, 2018
Heheheh..! Are you for real...? and i tot my own parents had it bad

budaatum:

Thank you sir for this thread Victor Bassey.

My ma tells me when she was young, they were made to believe Jerusalem was in heaven and god lived there. On her way to UK in the 60s, they happened to go via Egypt and Israel and she visited Jerusalem, and that's when a dagger was thrown through her faith. That is the level of ignorance that prevailed.
Re: Should The 80's And 90's Kids Also Keep Quiet And Accept These Religious Lies? by iamvictorbassey: 3:40pm On Jan 22, 2018
emechi:
Well answering your questions will be tantamount to a waste of resources because I sensed you have a "ready-made" answers to your questions(which you're inclined to believe regardless of any answer given). But may I remind you that your post is based on ignorance(concerning the positive sides of religion-especially Christianity). How can you who see nothing wrong in Internet fraud(as indicated indirectly) question the integrity of corrupt leaders? In addition, judging from your word usage, one of the major driving forces for this post is love of money; which is
the is root of most evil (as the Bible rightly says).
I'd be glad if you can highlight where I indirectly promoted internet "fraud". When mere calling it fraud alone condemns the act.
Secondly, if you can answer me logically, honestly I'll be very glad. Please make it logical enough. Let our assumption be that I just landed from Jupiter, make me see reasons with you.
Re: Should The 80's And 90's Kids Also Keep Quiet And Accept These Religious Lies? by frank317: 3:49pm On Jan 22, 2018
iamvictorbassey:

I'd be glad if you can highlight where I indirectly promoted internet "fraud". When mere calling it fraud alone condemns the act.
Secondly, if you can answer me logically, honestly I'll be very glad. Please make it logical enough. Let our assumption be that I just landed from Jupiter, make me see reasons with you.

he has nothin to offer

1 Like

Re: Should The 80's And 90's Kids Also Keep Quiet And Accept These Religious Lies? by enilove(m): 4:01pm On Jan 22, 2018
Lordcenturion2:

U just come here to spoil this beautiful thread with ur jaggons, nothing stop u from creating ur own and preach ur nonsense there, were u there wen the sea was divided?,we are living in an era where lies spread like a news not to talk of a write up that came from illiterates imagination long time ago... Rubbish

What is beautiful in ignorance?

What is the need of reading a newspaper when you were not there when those events recorded happened , according to your claim ?

God knew some people would doubt those miracles , He there4 ordered the events to be written down. Despite that some of you still refuse to acknowledge the facts.

If you were not there , what about the ancestors of the Egyptians , did they not witness it ?
The Egyptians never for once deny the events . Do you think the Egyptians never came across the Bible?

The name of Israel has not changed. the name of Egypt has not changed if not your type would have asked for the location of the countries .

Let me add this to it . Do you know that all the first male born children of the Egyptians were killed in one night b4 Pharaoh allowed them to leave Egypt?

These were not good records for the Egyptians , despite that , they can't dispute it because they know it happened.
The Land of Goshen the Israelites lived is still called by the same name till today.

You better think rightly .
Re: Should The 80's And 90's Kids Also Keep Quiet And Accept These Religious Lies? by alohman(m): 5:09pm On Jan 22, 2018
only Pastors will condemn this hard truth not because of Love of God but for trying to spoil market for them believe me 90percent of Nigerian pastors are atheists. they are after their puckets even at that their members defend them and they will say we are defending the word of God. my people wise this is 21st century .

2 Likes

Re: Should The 80's And 90's Kids Also Keep Quiet And Accept These Religious Lies? by budaatum: 5:51pm On Jan 22, 2018
iamvictorbassey:

Nigeria has no credible research centre whether owned by the Government. Church, Mosque or Individual. But we have prayer houses, churches and mosques scattered all over.
Hahahaha indeed!

1 Like

Re: Should The 80's And 90's Kids Also Keep Quiet And Accept These Religious Lies? by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jan 22, 2018
The solution to the problem is JESUS CHRIST
Re: Should The 80's And 90's Kids Also Keep Quiet And Accept These Religious Lies? by Lordcenturion2(m): 8:19am On Jan 23, 2018
enilove:

What is beautiful in ignorance?

What is the need of reading a newspaper when you were not there when those events recorded happened , according to your claim ?

God knew some people would doubt those miracles , He there4 ordered the events to be written down. Despite that some of you still refuse to acknowledge the facts.

If you were not there , what about the ancestors of the Egyptians , did they not witness it ?
The Egyptians never for once deny the events . Do you think the Egyptians never came across the Bible?

The name of Israel has not changed. the name of Egypt has not changed if not your type would have asked for the location of the countries .

Let me add this to it . Do you know that all the first male born children of the Egyptians were killed in one night b4 Pharaoh allowed them to leave Egypt?

These were not good records for the Egyptians , despite that , they can't dispute it because they know it happened.
The Land of Goshen the Israelites lived is still called by the same name till today.

You better think rightly .

Bro, this is a lame claim..

First of all, every land exists just like Israel, not only Bible mentions those lands, check Greek mythology, Egyptian mythology, roman mythologies and any other writtens,most of the land were existing, Egypt, philistine, Ethiopia, Sudan Israel, Greece, Rome, Macedonia, Persian(part of Iran) etc

News paper is a current affairs, look at our old text book, the one we use wen we are young are different from the one this generations are using, that's means, the research has been improved and things got advance every decade.

Ur old rag book u call a Bible never advanced and improved to know that there is other planets, other moons,even other red giant stars like our sun, there is space or solar system, but it just mentioned something they can see from earth, they lied to us that god created two lights, not until scientists travelled to moon to discover that moon doesn't have any light but only the light of sun, can u imagine, wen u are in the moon, earth lights the moon wen its dark just like the way moon lights the earth wen its night, thanks to sun light.

Ur Bible never talk about how earth go round the sun and how moon go round the earth, but it just said earth are flat without ending.

No prophecies in ur Bible predict the future technology, how the plane will fly, how we are gonna communicate wen we are not together(phone), cars, TV, jet, astronauts, advanced technology etc, people that wrote it limits it to their own time, so bro, that book is for those past illiterate homo erectus not us, it full of lies and deceit, that's the reason y Israeli people don't believe in ur Jesus,even Romans don't have any account of the person, although Romans crucified him like a normal person,before his fellow criminal disciples immortalise him, so, no prominent people knew about his existence ,but I personally believe that Jesus exists but he was seen as a terrorist who tried to create his own religion by gathering people together that oppose to the religion of the land , nowadays we have millions people who try to do the same in our own time, even some people worship their pastor.

Go to Google and make a findings, there is no such thing in Egyptian book of records..
Re: Should The 80's And 90's Kids Also Keep Quiet And Accept These Religious Lies? by budaatum: 9:35pm On Jan 25, 2018
solite3:
The solution to the problem is JESUS CHRIST
In a very funny way, this is indeed the truth. However the new generation will have to give "JESUS CHRIST" their own meaning for it to work. And that would require that they give up all that old religion. It's just no good for you!

1 Like

Re: Should The 80's And 90's Kids Also Keep Quiet And Accept These Religious Lies? by joyousever(f): 2:50pm On Dec 29, 2018
Bassey, your write-up is quite expository & educative. But in as much as religious bigotry/over-zealousness abounds in our country without any form of repentance & living rightly, I still believe in Jesus. I believe he's alive and also the Holy Spirit. This is becos the name of Jesus has worked for me in different ways. And back then in Cally, in my former church, the pastor preached on igniting the Holy Spirit in us by asking Him what we want. That night, be4 going to bed, I prayed & asked the Holy Spirit to wake Me at 6 am. Behold, I later felt a very calm & extrordinary light tap. And when I woke up and checked the time it was sharp 6 am. Right from dat day my faith increased.
iamvictorbassey:
CASE STUDY
If I am in Qatar and I'm told that hitting my head on the ground daily is what brings wealth, I will easily give in owing to the huge mass of wealth such a country has. So tell me how Nigerian Christians will convince me into believing that wealth can be likened to Christians? When majority of Church goers live in slums yet claim to know so much.

If I go to India, formerly one of the world's poorest country, and I'm told that worshiping a cow/statue can make me produce Bajaj, keke Napep, motorcycles, Inverters, fans, Tata, Jaguar cars and so on. I will easily be moved to believe, because I have seen their currency grow to Rs63 per $1USD.

If I go to the next big thing about to hit the world "China", and I'm told that worshiping dragons can make me with a population of over 3billion people be a global center for commerce, just like Nigeria ought to be in Africa which unfortunately we aren't, I will easily believe.

The only thing that will stand in my way of choosing whom to believe is the fact that I find one thing in common amongst all of the above named countries except Nigeria, which is HARD (SMART) WORK. That is the only thing that is prevalent in all of these countries. That is the only element missing in Nigeria.

We are no longer satisfied with the Sunday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday Church programmes, we now have Home Cells in almost every area.
I hope this religions will produce food, jobs, clothes, shelther and security for our children unborn. Dont forget that children born in the year 2000 will be 18years this year.

Meet an average Nigerian, talk to him for 10minutes, the next thing he/she is trying to decipher is your religion and your tribe.
When is excellence going to lead the way? Rather than sentiments?
When are we going to have a country where people who qualify will lead irrespective of their religious leanings, tribe, regalia, hairstyle, complexion, gender, etc?

Until then we will not go anywhere, neither will Africa. Because almost all African countries look up to Nigeria.

So I ask again, are we going to believe all those lies of this world not being our home? Or are we the 80'and 90's kids going to stand up and lay our beds?

Victor Bassey

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Funke's Preaching Finally & Completely Destroyed / I Saved A Wonderful Soul From Commiting Suicide Last Night / The Sad Funeral Of PROPHET TB JOSHUA, David Ibiyeomie Cried Bitterly (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.