Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,899 members, 7,814,038 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:56 AM

Of Goals And Of Resolutions - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Of Goals And Of Resolutions (260 Views)

[PROPERTIES OF GOALS] / 5 Types Of Goals That Will Help Take Your Life To The Right Direction / University Of Ibadan & Covenant In UN Sustainable Development Goals Ranking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Of Goals And Of Resolutions by cutyexpress(m): 8:58am On Jan 22, 2018
Considering that this article is centered on New Year, the goals and resolutions that come along with it, you could say as a matter of fact that it’s coming a bit late. For that, I apologize to all my readers. So, before I even continue in the rest of this article, I would like to wish everyone here a very happy and prosperous New Year! I sincerely and honestly pray that in this year, all our goals will be achieved and we would be able to stand by our resolutions. In reality however, being able to stand by your resolutions for the New Year has become quite the herculean task for most people and has even reached levels of impossibility. So, I got to thinking and tried to figure out why this is so. Why can’t people reach even half their goals at the end of the year? Why do people keep going back to the same habit they resolved to quit at the beginning of the year?
At first the obvious reasons came to my mind; laziness, procrastination et cetera. Besides these are other reasons that came to my mind and I couldn’t help agreeing with myself on these. I’ll be sharing a few of them with you.
. Your goals are most likely unrealistic.
For some people this is pretty obvious. I mean at the beginning of the year, you start out with rock solid determination. You’ve got the resources you seemingly need to complete these goals but you’re not being even a little bit realistic. Take for example, you’re overweight and the doctor has told you that if you do not lose some pounds very soon, you’ll be standing at the brink of a heart attack or one of those problems associated with obesity and you then tell yourself that “OK, starting next year, I’ll quit junk foods completely and I’ll start doing one hour of intense cardio per day.”
See anything wrong with that plan? Haha. The first problem you’ll encounter will be the struggle to keep off the 1st of January goodies and at this point, procrastination sets in. This is where being realistic is important. You’re are not a computer that can just be reprogrammed, you need time to recondition your body and mind.
. Your approach is all wrong.
Another reason you probably won’t reach your goals at the end of the year is probably because your approach towards it is all wrong. Still using the ambitious obese guy as an example, he starts out his workout routine with one hour of warm up and forty reps of push-ups. Keep in mind that he is obese. Assuming that he can get through the one hour by some inconceivable miracle, after the first five push-ups, he’s very likely to give up. Why? Because he chose the wrong approach. He wanted to lose weight and he wanted to do it fast but things don’t work that way. If you’re wondering why you can’t reach your New Year goals, check your approach. That is probably the problem. Remember that small beginnings will eventually lead to greatness.
. Lack of persistence.
This one seems pretty obvious but I honestly cannot stress it enough. Persistence is the key to achieving any goal. That is not to say that if one method isn’t working, you should focus blindly on it. No! In that case, find another method but keep your goal in mind and don’t stop until you achieve it. If by chance you’ve given up already on your resolutions for this year or your goals, know that no great man ever succeeded by quitting half way. Persist and keep pushing so that at the end of the year, you’ll be able to look back, smile and say “ I achieved _______ in 2018.”

Written by: Irewole Oyebode.
To make enquiries on how to hire him as a freelance writer, contact on WhatsApp @09033587430 or on Instagram (DM) @ irewole15.

(1) (Reply)

Patterns Of The English Simple Sentence / King Carl Gustaf Master’s Scholarship 2018 For Students Outside Europe / Download Or Access Any Paid Unlimited Udemy, Wso(warrior Special Offer),lynda- F

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.