Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,822 members, 7,824,434 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:06 AM

Many Sinners Want To Stop Sinning But The Ten Commandments Cannot Save - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Many Sinners Want To Stop Sinning But The Ten Commandments Cannot Save (2230 Views)

Why Jesus Cannot Save or Heal You / Man Carries Cross In V.I, Lagos To Apologise To Jesus For Sinning Against Him / As A Believer, How Can I Stop Sinning Repeatedly? - Olamide Obire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Many Sinners Want To Stop Sinning But The Ten Commandments Cannot Save by jiggaz(m): 8:01pm On Jan 22, 2018
Many Sinners Want To Stop Sinning But The Ten Commandments Cannot Save. Christ Saves.

A Bible Study By Olamide Obire

Many of us think that most believers and even non-believers who are sinning want to continue to wallow in sin. We think they don't want out. I submit to you that many of these "great sinners" feel bad after each act of sin and are trying hard to find a way out of their sins and addictions but cannot! You see, "good people" are not the only ones who want to live a righteous life. Many "bad people" who are locked down by acts of sin also desire to live right but they cannot. The reason for their inability to do so is evident in Romans 6:14:

"For sin shall not have dominion over you, for you are not under law but under grace."

Sin has dominion over the one who is trying to obey the law in order to be righteous. But somehow many preachers have this verse backwards, preaching that the way to reign over sin is by obeying the letter that kills. Because of this false doctrine, the "bad people" try harder to be obedient but the result is more sin.

Just imagine a pastor preaching a whole sermon on the Ten Commandments and asking: "Which one are you guilty of? You have to stop sinning or else there will be consequences!" He is killing his congregation softly! The letter kills.

For believers who are struggling with particular sins, your situation isn't unique. Paul of the New Testament faced the same dilemma. In Romans 7:18-19, Paul says:

"18 And I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. I want to do what is right, but I can’t. 19 I want to do what is good, but I don’t. I don’t want to do what is wrong, but I do it anyway."

This is a born-again and Spirit-filled Paul speaking here. We who are in Christ have the same solution to this problem as Paul did in verse 25: "Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!"

Christ delivers us from this inability to do the good we want to do and makes sure that we live right! How, you may ask? The very next chapter (Romans 8:1-2) shows us how:

"Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you free from the law of sin and death."

Believers, as the righteousness of God in Christ, when you sin, there is no condemnation for you. Our Heavenly Father still sees you as righteous; not because of what you do or don't do but because of what Christ has done.

2 Corinthians 5:21 says "For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us that we might become the righteousness of God in Him."

With this gift of righteousness comes no condemnation. It is our Saviour's "Neither do I condemn you " that makes us "go and sin no more." Understand that a person who does not sin does not need the gift of no condemnation. The woman caught in adultery received this gift because she was under condemnation. This gift is for those who have no righteousness of their own - the sole qualification for being in Christ. It is not for those who can keep the law and are righteous by themselves in some areas of life.

With Christ as your righteousness, you will not continue to live in sin, not because of your own human effort at being good but because the Holy Spirit transforms us to "the image of the glory of the Lord, from glory to glory" as we look to Christ for our righteousness (2 Corinthians 3:18.) Nothing to do with our efforts at suppressing those sinful desires. The arm of flesh will fail. All to do with Christ's saving power. He saves from sins. See Matthew 1:21 - "She will bear a Son; and you shall call His name Jesus, for He will save His people from their sins.”

The kingdom of God isn't human logicsmiley Sin has dominion over those who are insisting on keeping the Ten Commandments and doing good deeds in order to be righteous before God. But Christ saves from sins. See Matthew 1:21 - "She will bear a Son; and you shall call His name Jesus, for He will save His people from their sins.”

Romans 3:20 says "For no one can ever be made right with God by doing what the law commands. The law simply shows us how sinful we are." Galatians 5:4 says: "For if you are trying to make yourselves right with God by keeping the law, you have been cut off from Christ! You have fallen away from God’s grace."

Those who are trying to make themselves right with God by keeping the law reject the blood of Jesus that was shed to make us righteous for their own righteousnesses that proceeds from works of the law. When such break just one law, asking for forgiveness in Jesus' name becomes an effort in futility. Without the shedding of blood, there is no remission of sins. Law and grace don't mix. You can't depend on Jesus and the Ten Commandments for righteousness at the same time. This is the "neither hot nor cold" that Christ spoke of in Revelation 3.

Believers, there is only one Good News and it is based on righteousness by faith, not obedience to the law of sin and death. In fact, Paul places the only curse in the new testament (doubly!) on anyone preaching a different gospel in Galatians 1:8-9:

"Let God’s curse fall on anyone, including us or even an angel from heaven, who preaches a different kind of Good News than the one we preached to you. 9 I say again what we have said before: If anyone preaches any other Good News than the one you welcomed, let that person be cursed."

God's grace is not a licence to sin. It is the power of God to salvation, including salvation from sin. Would you really give your own child a gift that has a slight chance of killing him or give him the liberty to be sinful and rebellious? How much more our Abba Father who gave us His Son in whom "we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace 8 which He made to abound toward us in all wisdom and prudence," Ephesians 1:7-8 here tells us God's grace is showered on us with wisdom and prudence, not just anyhow that we could misuse it.

Those who enjoy wallowing in sin and say that their sinning is okay because they are under Grace are under something else, definitely not Grace. Yes there are some who try to replace the grace of our Lord with sheer license to sin. These people are not under grace but under the control of the devil. Paul spoke of these people in Jude 1 and described them as "spots in our love feasts," greedy and rebellious. These people are not of Christ and their behaviour should not make pastors and leaders want to try to “help God” by introducing the law to keep New Covenant believers in check.

See Paul's analogy of law and grace in Galatians 4:21-31. Sarah (GRACE) did not need Hagar (LAW) to raise Isaac (The Church; you and I in Christ). Grace is enough. Cast out the bondwoman and her son!

Pastors and leaders, there's no need to help the Holy Spirit to do His work of transforming believers to the image of the glory of the Lord by putting them under the law again. This is death. Plus it only gives sin dominion over the sinner. 2 Corinthians 3:18 says the Spirit of the Lord transforms us to the image of His glory, not the Law, or you. No human is that good a transformer.

Point the people to God's Grace (unveil the love of Christ) and not the letter that kills. According to Titus 2, Grace (our Saviour Jesus Christ Himself) is the one that teaches us to shun ungodliness and worldly lusts, gave His life to free us from every kind of sin, to cleanse us, and to make us His very own people, totally committed to doing good deeds. Grace is our Teacher, not you or I.

Preach Grace- undeserved, unearned, unmerited favour; Grace will do everything else.

Believe Right and you will Live Right.

http://rightbelieving101..com.ng/2017/12/many-sinners-want-to-stop-sinning-but.html?m=1

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Many Sinners Want To Stop Sinning But The Ten Commandments Cannot Save by jiggaz(m): 8:09pm On Jan 23, 2018
Yoooo
Re: Many Sinners Want To Stop Sinning But The Ten Commandments Cannot Save by jiggaz(m): 8:15pm On Jan 24, 2018
Haaa
Re: Many Sinners Want To Stop Sinning But The Ten Commandments Cannot Save by jiggaz(m): 9:24pm On Jan 26, 2018
Hey
Re: Many Sinners Want To Stop Sinning But The Ten Commandments Cannot Save by petra1(m): 5:28am On Jan 27, 2018
Without the law there will be lawlessness.

2 Likes

Re: Many Sinners Want To Stop Sinning But The Ten Commandments Cannot Save by Omudia11: 5:37am On Jan 27, 2018
Anytime you see this op don't even leave comments emphasising on holiness and righteousness or you will be termed Pharisee.
petra1:

Re: Many Sinners Want To Stop Sinning But The Ten Commandments Cannot Save by jiggaz(m): 4:23pm On Jan 28, 2018
Afternoon
Re: Many Sinners Want To Stop Sinning But The Ten Commandments Cannot Save by Janeyinspires(f): 8:17am On Jan 31, 2018
*Sighing*
I could remember those days-last year,when the message coming from the pulpit made me sooo miserable.
"Be holy,for God is holy"
I desired within me to be holy.I got tired of feeling miserable,cos I couldn't 'be holy', just like God.I tried to be holy,but it wasn't working out and each time,the message made me worse.
I went to God in prayer.Told Him to help me to be holy,just like him.Told him I want to be done with sin.I earnestly desired it.
Then,something happened.God showed me 2 corinthians 12:9: "My grace is sufficient for you,for my power is made perfect in weakness."
At first,I didn't understood what God meant.I kept seeing this verse often.
One day,I landed into a post here and grace was revealed to me.Boom! That's it.God has been leading me to grace,till I saw grace.Grace is a person.His name is Jesus.
Jesus was all I need,as He is sufficient in my weakness.There,I came to know,Holiness is not performance based.It's not about whether I am good or not.
Holiness is simply a FREE GIFT.Not something I can earn but something I was given freely.
I came to know that I was already holy,in Christ.My believe/acceptance of Jesus made me holy.1 cor5:21 confirmed it.
The flesh will always fail.
The more I am conscious of my righteousness in Christ,the more I walk in righteousness.For as a man thinks,so is he.
Truth,the law kills,but the spirit gives life.
Grace is greater than the law.
Grace found me.
Phew!

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Many Sinners Want To Stop Sinning But The Ten Commandments Cannot Save by bloodofthelamb(m): 10:17am On Jan 31, 2018
Sis excellent write up! Stay in Grace. Abide in Jesus.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Many Sinners Want To Stop Sinning But The Ten Commandments Cannot Save by jiggaz(m): 7:09pm On Jan 31, 2018
Janeyinspires:
*Sighing*
I could remember those days-last year,when the message coming from the pulpit made me sooo miserable.
"Be holy,for God is holy"
I desired within me to be holy.I got tired of feeling miserable,cos I couldn't 'be holy', just like God.I tried to be holy,but it wasn't working out and each time,the message made me worse.
I went to God in prayer.Told Him to help me to be holy,just like him.Told him I want to be done with sin.I earnestly desired it.
Then,something happened.God showed me 2 corinthians 12:9: "My grace is sufficient for you,for my power is made perfect in weakness."
At first,I didn't understood what God meant.I kept seeing this verse often.
One day,I landed into a post here and grace was revealed to me.Boom! That's it.God has been leading me to grace,till I saw grace.Grace is a person.His name is Jesus.
Jesus was all I need,as He is sufficient in my weakness.There,I came to know,Holiness is not performance based.It's not about whether I am good or not.
Holiness is simply a FREE GIFT.Not something I can earn but something I was given freely.
I came to know that I was already holy,in Christ.My believe/acceptance of Jesus made me holy.1 cor5:21 confirmed it.
The flesh will always fail.
The more I am conscious of my righteousness in Christ,the more I walk in righteousness.For as a man thinks,so is he.
Truth,the law kills,but the spirit gives life.
Grace is greater than the law.
Grace found me.
Phew!
Yes oo!! That's a great write up dear!! Very true!! Welcome back.
Re: Many Sinners Want To Stop Sinning But The Ten Commandments Cannot Save by Janeyinspires(f): 11:08pm On Jan 31, 2018
jiggaz:
Yes oo!! That's a great write up dear!! Very true!! Welcome back.

Thanks,jiggaz.

If I begin to narrate the freedom I've experienced eh! It's just too good to be true.
Law preachers always preach on what we need to DO.They never told us what Jesus has already DONE for us.
They make us think salvation is our duty.They never told us,salvation is God's idea from start to finish.That it's God that WORKS in us to will and to walk according to His good plans and purpose.
They make us conclude Christianity is hard;when Jesus said,"my yoke is easy;my burden light."
They make us work our butt up to fulfill the law that cannot be fulfilled by the flesh.They never told us Jesus has fulfilled the law.That The law was given to Moses but grace and truth came through Christ.
I only pray Christians should experience Grace.That they should ask God to reveal grace to them.
I'm now in an unlearning and relearning mode.
I'm done with the law.
Jesus is all I see,now.
Finally on Grace ground.Resting in the finished work of Jesus on the cross.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Many Sinners Want To Stop Sinning But The Ten Commandments Cannot Save by jiggaz(m): 7:16am On Feb 01, 2018
Janeyinspires:

Thanks,jiggaz.

If I begin to narrate the freedom I've experienced eh! It's just too good to be true.
Law preachers always preach on what we need to DO.They never told us what Jesus has already DONE for us.
They make us think salvation is our duty.They never told us,salvation is God's idea from start to finish.That it's God that WORKS in us to will and to walk according to His good plans and purpose.
They make us conclude Christianity is hard;when Jesus said,"my yoke is easy;my burden light."
They make us work our butt up to fulfill the law that cannot be fulfilled by the flesh.They never told us Jesus has fulfilled the law.That The law was given to Moses but grace and truth came through Christ.
I only pray Christians should experience Grace.That they should ask God to reveal grace to them.
I'm now in an unlearning and relearning mode.
I'm done with the law.
Jesus is all I see,now.
Finally on Grace ground.Resting in the finished work of Jesus on the cross.
Am so happy for u dear.

1 Like

Re: Many Sinners Want To Stop Sinning But The Ten Commandments Cannot Save by jiggaz(m): 7:05pm On Feb 01, 2018
Beee
Re: Many Sinners Want To Stop Sinning But The Ten Commandments Cannot Save by jiggaz(m): 5:01am On Feb 02, 2018
Heeee
Re: Many Sinners Want To Stop Sinning But The Ten Commandments Cannot Save by Janeyinspires(f): 7:43am On Feb 02, 2018
bloodofthelamb:
Sis excellent write up! Stay in Grace. Abide in Jesus.

Remain blessed.Thanks
Re: Many Sinners Want To Stop Sinning But The Ten Commandments Cannot Save by jiggaz(m): 6:42am On Feb 04, 2018
Boooom
Re: Many Sinners Want To Stop Sinning But The Ten Commandments Cannot Save by Dnaz(m): 9:12am On Feb 04, 2018
This is coming from people who condemn the Catholic church for using icons and images
Re: Many Sinners Want To Stop Sinning But The Ten Commandments Cannot Save by jiggaz(m): 7:46am On Feb 11, 2018
Good morning
Re: Many Sinners Want To Stop Sinning But The Ten Commandments Cannot Save by jiggaz(m): 3:27pm On Feb 11, 2018
Afternoon
Re: Many Sinners Want To Stop Sinning But The Ten Commandments Cannot Save by jiggaz(m): 9:14pm On Mar 26, 2018
Ok
Re: Many Sinners Want To Stop Sinning But The Ten Commandments Cannot Save by jiggaz(m): 5:44pm On Mar 27, 2018
Yo
Re: Many Sinners Want To Stop Sinning But The Ten Commandments Cannot Save by jiggaz(m): 7:59pm On Jul 10, 2018
Now is the time
Re: Many Sinners Want To Stop Sinning But The Ten Commandments Cannot Save by NewsOnline: 8:34pm On Sep 22, 2018
petra1:

This is not true. Abraham did not have the Law yet he was made righteous in the sight of God. Why? Because he believed God. And today is looked upon as "the father of faith."

Joseph did not have the Law yet He knew that commiting adultery with Potiphar's wife is great wickedness.

The law is not of faith. Trying to keep the law in order to be righteous before God (after God gave His own Son to make us righteous!) is being FAITHLESS. There is no salvation here as "We are saved by Grace through faith..."

Try to obey the law in order to get right with God and be cut off from Christ: "For if you are trying to make yourselves right with God by keeping the law you have been cut off from Christ! You have fallen away from God's grace." Galatians 5:4

The law was given that the offense might abound- that sin should increase! Let's stop preaching this horrid message of attaining godliness by human effort at doing. This is the same strategy that Satan used on Eve in the garden of Eden when he told her that she would be godly (be like God) if she did something by human effort. The result is sin having dominion and death reigning-

"For sin shall not have dominion over you for you are not under law but under Grace." Romans 6:14.

The Law cannot get rid of lawlessnessin the life of anybody. It can only point out what is wrong and commands all who are under it to obey. Because the arm of flesh (human effort at obedience) will fail, all who are depending on the law to make them godly stand cursed- Galatians 3:10.

"Those who depend on obeying the Law live under a curse. For the scripture says, “Whoever does not always obey everything that is written in the book of the Law is under God's curse!”

Contrary to your statement, trying to keep the Law in order to be godly is what breeds lawlessness!

The law was not given for us to be godly by. It was given to show up the default nature of man: SINFUL AND WICKED.It was given so that sin will increase and so we will see our need for God's saving grace: Romans 5:20-

"The Law was introduced in order to increase wrongdoing; but where sin increased, God's grace increased much more."

See the TLB- "The Ten Commandments were given so that all could see the extent of their failure to obey God’s laws. But the more we see our sinfulness, the more we see God’s abounding grace forgiving us."

But Satan's ministers behind many pulpits are actively preaching human effort at keeping the law as the means by which a person can be godly aka be like God.This is the same strategy that Satan used on Eve in the garden of Eden when he told her that she would be godly (be like God) if she did something by human effort.

This is the only way to escape death and lawlessness- Titus 2:14-

"He gave Himself for us to set us free from every kind of lawlessness and to purify for Himself a people who are truly his, who are eager to do good."

One is either under law or under Grace. Either righteous by works of the law or righteous by faith in Christ. No mixture aka "neither cold nor hot". And righteousness by keeping the law is impossible- "For no one can ever be made right with God by doing what the law commands. The law simply shows us how sinful we are." Romans 3:20.

Some people are deceiving themselves that they can obey even an inch of the Law and be good by using human effort aka the arm of flesh that will fail. Such have no idea that the reason why we are not committing particular sins is because we have not been tempted beyond what we can bear in those areas. The potential to commit heinous crimes is in everybody. God sees this potential and how favourable circumstances can make some people think that some sins are beneath them (like Peter did before he denied Christ) and that they can obey the law in order to be godly by human effort. This is the height of pride and foolishness- to trust in the arm of flesh that God's Word says will fail. Never trust yourself. Trust God to restrain you from being tempted beyond what you can bear. 1 Corinthians 10;13.

This is the Word of the Lord concerning we who are in Christ- no longer trying to keep the law in order to be righteous in God's sight:

"And there is still much more to say of His unfailing love for us! For through the blood of Jesus we have heard the powerful declaration, “You are now righteous in My sight.” And because of the sacrifice of Jesus, you will never experience the wrath of God."

Those who are trying to keep the law in order to be righteous in God's sight will face His full wrath. Why be here?

God's gift of righteousness to us in Christ is not so that we should go on sinning sprees. This is what stumps many religious Pharisee-types. We who believe hate sin, just like God our Father. But He has opened our eyes to see that all human striving at obedience will fail. We no longer depend on our own human effort at doing right like Peter who knew 100% that he would not deny Jesus and even boasted in his own power to not sin but ended up sinning profusely. By grace, we see that only Christ can save from sins and cause us to live right.

Only when we receive God's abundance of Grace and His gift of righteousness to us in Christ do we get to live in triumph over sin and death through Jesus Christ - Romans 5:17-

"For the sin of this one man, Adam, caused death to rule over many. But even greater is God’s wonderful grace and His gift of righteousness, for all who receive it will live in triumph over sin and death through this one Man, Jesus Christ."

1 Like

Re: Many Sinners Want To Stop Sinning But The Ten Commandments Cannot Save by petra1(m): 9:35pm On Sep 22, 2018
NewsOnline:

This is not true. Abraham did not have the Law yet he was made righteous in the sight of God. Why? Because he believed God. And today is looked upon as "the father of faith."

Joseph did not have the Law yet He knew that commiting adultery with Potiphar's wife is great wickedness.

They had law, but the oracles of God was not in a written document , it was verbally handed down . why would joseph call adultery 'wickedness if there was no law. there cannot be a sin if there is no law.

Rom 7:8
For without the law sin was dead.

The law is not of faith.

The law is good for reference as long as you don’t seek to be justified by it .

Romans 7:12
12 Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good

Trying to keep the law in order to be righteous before God (after God gave His own Son to make us righteous!) is being FAITHLESS. There is no salvation here as "We are saved by Grace through faith..."

Try to obey the law in order to get right with God and be cut off from Christ: "For if you are trying to make yourselves right with God by keeping the law you have been cut off from Christ! You have fallen away from God's grace." Galatians 5:4

If you observe , in all your quotes above . The the condemnation has to do with seeking justification through works of the law . Justification is by faith in Christ atonement . But I am talking about the moral content of the law . They are guiding principles .The law is a guide and reference for good and bad . If you throw away the law . From my perspective You throw morality away . The only reason you can’t marry your daughter or sister is because it’s against the law . Without the law there is no reference point for wrong and right . Kindly watch the movie “TIME CHANGER

1 Like

Re: Many Sinners Want To Stop Sinning But The Ten Commandments Cannot Save by petra1(m): 9:49pm On Sep 22, 2018
Modified ....
Re: Many Sinners Want To Stop Sinning But The Ten Commandments Cannot Save by NewsOnline: 4:52am On Sep 23, 2018
petra1:

They had law, but the oracles of God was not in a written document , it was verbally handed down . why would joseph call adultery 'wickedness if there was no law. there cannot be a sin if there is no law.

If you observe , in all your quotes above . The the condemnation has to do with seeking justification through works of the law . Justification is by faith in Christ atonement . But I am talking about the moral content of the law . They are guiding principles .The law is a guide and reference for good and bad . If you throw away the law . From my perspective You throw morality away . The only reason you can’t marry your daughter or sister is because it’s against the law . Without the law there is no reference point for wrong and right . Kindly watch the movie “TIME CHANGER

The letter kills, whatever the purpose it is used to achieve. Moral excellence is a godly character. A believer seeking his moral excellence from the law is in essence, aspiring to attain godliness (be like God) through the law, after we have been made perfect and complete in Christ (Hebrews 10) by faith. Perfect. See Paul's typology of the forbidden fruit as a picture of the law that many are trying to keep for moral excellence (to be like God) in Romans 7. The MSG version brings it out well:

"8-12 Don’t you remember how it was? I do, perfectly well. The law code started out as an excellent piece of work. What happened, though, was that sin found a way to pervert the command into a temptation, making a piece of “forbidden fruit” out of it. The law code, instead of being used to guide me, was used to seduce me."

The tree of the knowledge of good and evil is a picture of the law. No matter what part of the law one eats of, no matter the purpose for which one eats- whether it is used as a guiding principle or as a reference for good and bad or for justification before God or as a means of hanging on to morality- the one that feeds on the law for whatever purpose will die. The letter kills, even if one is trying to keep it for moral justification.

You quoted Romans 7:8,12 out of context, making it look as if Paul is saying we who believe have to keep the law for whatever reason. The law is good, but it is not for us to keep in order to attain a life of moral excellence after we are saved. We are completely free from it, and not so that we should go on sinning sprees. See the bible verse in its context: Romans 7:6-13:

"6 Now, however, we are free from the Law, because we died to that which once held us prisoners. No longer do we serve in the old way of a written law, but in the new way of the Spirit.

7 Shall we say, then, that the Law itself is sinful? Of course not! But it was the Law that made me know what sin is. If the Law had not said, “Do not desire what belongs to someone else,” I would not have known such a desire. 8 But by means of that commandment sin found its chance to stir up all kinds of selfish desires in me. Apart from law, sin is a dead thing. 9 I myself was once alive apart from law; but when the commandment came, sin sprang to life, 10 and I died. And the commandment which was meant to bring life, in my case brought death. 11 Sin found its chance, and by means of the commandment it deceived me and killed me.

12 So then, the Law itself is holy, and the commandment is holy, right, and good. 13 But does this mean that what is good caused my death? By no means! It was sin that did it; by using what is good, sin brought death to me, in order that its true nature as sin might be revealed. And so, by means of the commandment sin is shown to be even more terribly sinful."

The letter kills, whether it is used to attain justification before God or for attaining to living a life of moral excellence Verse 6 above says: "Now, however, we are free from the Law, because we died to that which once held us prisoners." Going back to the Law for whatever reason after one is saved is saying what Christ did to make us perfect before God and the power of the Holy Spirit to transform even the vilest offender who believes to live a morally upright life is not enough. Paul was so passionate about this false doctrine that he called the Galatians "foolish" and "bewitched" for falling for it: Galatians 3:

"Oh, foolish Galatians! Who has cast an evil spell on you? For the meaning of Jesus Christ’s death was made as clear to you as if you had seen a picture of His death on the cross. 2 Let me ask you this one question: Did you receive the Holy Spirit by obeying the law of Moses? Of course not! You received the Spirit because you believed the message you heard about Christ. 3 How foolish can you be? After starting your new lives in the Spirit, why are you now trying to become perfect by your own human effort? 4 Have you experienced so much for nothing? Surely it was not in vain, was it?

5 I ask you again, does God give you the Holy Spirit and work miracles among you because you obey the law? Of course not! It is because you believe the message you heard about Christ."

This was written to people who received the Good News of justification by faith. They were deceived into believing that they still had business with the law after they got saved, whether moral justification or whatever. No friend, in Christ, we are DEAD to the Law. Wherever the dead Sani Abacha is now, the law of the land cannot reach or help him. If he should somehow return and subject himself to the law of the land for whatever reason, in a perfect world, he will go to prison, no matter how well he tries to use the law to be moral.

Being justified by faith in Christ without having works of faith to show for it/living a life of moral excellence is as impossible as jumping into the sea naked without getting wet. Good works are evidences of our salvation, not conditions. God works His salvation in us and these good works come about “For God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases Him.” Philippians 2:13.

Hebrews 10;14 says: "And by His one perfect sacrifice He made us perfectly holy and complete for all time!"

For all time. By His one perfect sacrifice. In Christ, we who believe have been made perfect and complete in God's eyes. Our righteousness is not in question, even though we don't have it all together. In the same way, our morality is not in question, even though we don't have it all together; we have the same standing as Christ in EVERY way:

"Love has been perfected among us in this: that we may have boldness in the day of judgment; because as He is, so are we in this world." 1 John 4:17.

How can righteousness exist without morality? Have you ever seen an immoral but righteous man?

Many religious people think that we "True Grace" children just want an excuse to wallow in sins after we got saved; that we don't want to live right. But can you imagine feeling great guilt and condemnation because you said "she spilled water all over the floor" when the water didn't really cover the entire floor? Can you imagine being fearful of God's judgment because you responded with "12 o'clock" when it was really 12.02 after someone asked you for the time? Let's not even begin to talk of "big sins" like telling your mom that you are almost at her place when you are just leaving your housesmiley That is how much many of us "want to sin."

For we who are in Christ, we don't need to go back to the Law in order to live a life of moral excellence. The letter kills, whether it is used for justification before God or for "morality." This is how we get to live a life of moral excellence, yet not us but Christ in us: Romans 5:17.

"For the sin of this one man, Adam, caused death to rule over many. But even greater is God’s wonderful grace and his gift of righteousness, for all who receive it will live in triumph over sin and death through this one man, Jesus Christ."

But try to keep the law (forbidden fruit) for whatever reason, even as a guide for moral excellence which is a godly character, and death is the result. It still bores down to trying to be like God (attaining moral excellence) by eating from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil that kills, which brings us to the futility of the venture itself: (Re: using "the law as a guide and reference for good and bad."wink

Churchgoers who say this presume that they have the power to choose right over wrong when faced with temptation. They presume they have some strength in them to live a life of moral excellence! Some churchgoers believe that they can "never" commit adultery or steal by their own power and human restraint and that they can "at least try to obey the law for moral purposes." I recall someone named Peter who once boasted and even knew 100% that he would never deny Jesus and that he would follow Him to prison and to death. Peter wasn't looking for justification before God here. It was an issue of morality. He knew he must not bear false witness but he didnt think his not-denying Jesus would justify him before God. His circumstances changed and he sang a different tune…three times. Proverbs 16:18 counsels us:

“Your boast becomes a prophecy of a future failure.
The higher you lift up yourself in pride,
the harder you’ll fall in disgrace."

Never trust yourself. Believer, this is why you and I in Christ are not held captive by sins and addictions; this is why we are not wallowing in heinous sins right now; this is why we have not thrown morality away: 1 Corinthians 10:12-13-

"12 So beware if you think it could never happen to you, lest your pride becomes your downfall. 13 We all experience times of testing, which is normal for every human being. But God will be faithful to you. He will screen and filter the severity, nature, and timing of every test or trial you face so that you can bear it. And each test is an opportunity to trust Him more, for along with every trial God has provided for you a way of escape that will bring you out of it victoriously."

This is written to believers, not heathens. If God left you to your own devices and let you rely on your human effort at "not throwing morality away," like Peter, you will do the very thing you swore not to do because the arm of flesh will fail. This boasting in the ability to do what is moral by human effort that will fail is what gives Satan the chance to sift a person like wheat. We could not keep the law in order to be godly before we became born-again. Now we presume to be able to do same by human effort after we got saved?

The reason why we are not committing particular sins is because we have not been tempted beyond what we can bear in those areas. The potential to commit heinous crimes is in everybody. God sees this potential and how favourable circumstances can make some people think that they can keep the law for whatever purpose and desist from throwing morality away and use the law as guiding principles.

But we tend to think that we did good all by ourselves when we are able to desist from commiting some sins. Not so. It is because we have not been tempted beyond what we can bear in those areas. If God lifted His hand that restrains us from committing sin, even the one that is like unbreakable Titanium will be crushed into powder if the right amounts of weight and pressure are applied.

If God was not filtering and screening the temptations that come our way, we'd all be wallowing in heinous sins. But we often think we did good all by ourselves. To the person who thinks that he is “good” and can overcome temptation by himself: you think you can never be gay or steal or murder or marry your daughter because of moral principles- you who don't know what will happen within the hour? Peter too thought he would never deny Jesus, until his circumstances changed and he was burdened with a weight that he could not carry. After his boast in the arm of flesh (human effort at not denying Jesus,) Satan asked for him to sift him like wheat, and he lied profusely.

Never trust yourself. Anyone, especially the believer, who is boasting or depending on his own ability to avoid doing the unthinkable or be moral is making himself into a target to be sifted like wheat by Satan, just like Peter after he boasted in his own strength. Failure is always the result. Only when we receive God's abundance of Grace and His gift of righteousness to us in Christ do we get to "live in triumph over sin and death through the One, Jesus Christ." Romans 5:17.

[b]Law-keeping, for whatever reason, whether moral justification or justification before God or to make ourselves "better people" is a pointer to dependence on the arm of flesh (human effort) that will fail in a bid to be what God wants us to be. It all points to trying to be right with God by human effort. [/b]Christ is no longer in this equation, "For if you are trying to make yourselves right with God by keeping the law you have been cut off from Christ! You have fallen away from God's grace." Galatians 5:4.

Neither Abraham nor Joseph were under law for whatever purpose. The law cindemns all who try to keep it to be godly or moral or whatever. It speaks of human effort at doing right and always, the arm of flesh will fail.

Regarding Abraham and Joseph being under law: not so. The law of Moses wasn't given until hundreds of years after they died. What they had was a conscience, which everyone has. Please give a bible verse to support what you say here.

Abraham was righteous in the sight of God; no one under law is righteous in His sight, whether for the purpose of moral justification or otherwise. All who are trying to keep the law in order to attain the godly character of moral excellence in the sight of God are cursed. All such efforts point to trying to be godly. Such here are trying to be like God by human effort, like Adam and Eve did. This an effort in futility that leads to death.

For we who are in Christ, the life of moral excellence that we live is not by the law but a product of "It is no longer I that live but Christ lives in me."

Sorry. Pretty long.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Many Sinners Want To Stop Sinning But The Ten Commandments Cannot Save by NewsOnline: 10:48am On Nov 13, 2018
petra1:

This demonic doctrine of using the Law as a reference for morality while claiming salvation by Grace is exactly where Satan wants the church to be: neither cold nor hot - a horrid mixture that is neither Law nor Grace. Part human-effort and part-Jesus.

Law and Grace don't mix. Christ does it all. But there is something about the arm of flesh (dependence on human effort at obedience) that wants to be relevant in the story of our salvation. That something is Pride. So you think you can keep even an inch of the law by your own power and good sense when God's word says the arm of flesh (human effort) will fail? You that you have NO GOOD in you? God's word says human effort (the arm of flesh) will fail and cannot: Romans 7:18-

"For I know that nothing good lives within the flesh of my fallen humanity. The longings to do what is right are within me, but will-power is not enough to accomplish it."

But Pride in the arm of flesh (human effort) that will fail says[i]: "[/i]No, I can. I still have some good in me. I can keep the law. " Just like Peter who thought He could keep the Law "You shall not bear false witness" when the going was good. He ended up denying Jesus 3 times.

Now that people's eyes are being opened to the Truth of Righteousness by faith through Christ, some "men of God" who used to teach "keeping the law" as the means of attaining godliness/righteousness before God are trying to make their false doctrine more attractive by dressing the Law up as something that we keep on the side as a guide to living a morally upright life after we are justified by faith. Such say:

"Yes we are justified/righteous by faith and not by the Law, but we still have to keep Law, not for justification before God but as a guiding principle for morality."

Believer, flee from this evil doctrine. God's word is very clear on this demonic doctrine that advocates having any kind of relationship with the Law after we have been justified by faith in Christ who is Grace-personified. Grace is enough. See this in Romans 7:1–6:

"1 Now, dear brothers and sisters—you who are familiar with the law—don’t you know that the law applies only while a person is living? 2 For example, when a woman marries, the law binds her to her husband as long as he is alive. But if he dies, the laws of marriage no longer apply to her. 3 So while her husband is alive, she would be committing adultery if she married another man. But if her husband dies, she is free from that law and does not commit adultery when she remarries. 4 So, my dear brothers and sisters, this is the point: You died to the power of the law when you died with Christ. And now you are united with the One who was raised from the dead. As a result, we can produce a harvest of good deeds for God. 5 When we were controlled by our old nature, sinful desires were at work within us, and the law aroused these evil desires that produced a harvest of sinful deeds, resulting in death. 6 But now we have been released from the law, for we died to it and are no longer captive to its power. Now we can serve God, not in the old way of obeying the letter of the law, but in the new way of living in the Spirit.”

What does this mean?

Before we became born-again, we were married to Mr. Law who condemns the best of any who has business with Him. We had the old nature. With Mr. Law, our fate was death because “all have sinned.” Nothing we did could ever amount to anything with Mr. Law. The more one tries to do His bidding, the more that one's faults and failures become evident-

“For no one can ever be made right with God by doing what the law commands. The law simply shows us how sinful we are.” Romans 3:20.

Under Mr. Law, we were destined for death: Hebrews 9— “27 And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgment, 28 so Christ was offered once to bear the sins of many.” Then Christ found us. He died for us and as us and with His one death, paid in full the wages of sin that Mr. Law demanded for our imperfection. As believers in Christ, we are DEAD to Mr. Law and are now MARRIED to Mr. Grace. Grace is a Person. His name is Jesus Christ. Titus 2:11 says of Him: “God’s marvelous grace has manifested in person, bringing salvation for everyone.”

Remember in Christ we are not under Law but under Grace: "For sin shall not have dominion over you for you are not under law but under Grace." Romans 6:14. Many have this verse backwards.

Romans 7:1–6 above tells us that getting back under our ex-husband (Mr. Law) for anything at all while claiming marriage to Grace is ADULTERY. It does not matter whether one is using the Law as "guiding principles for morality" or for "moral excellence" or "as a reference point for good and evil" like the tree of same name or for whatever: it is adultery to sustain ANY kind of relationship with Mr. Law while claiming marriage to Christ- Mr. Grace. Verse 1 above says:

"Now, dear brothers and sisters—you who are familiar with the law—don’t you know that the law applies only while a person is living?"

But satanic ministers say we who have died to the power of the Law and are now the bride of Christ should continue a marriage relationship with our ex-husband and use him to get the same moral excellence and everything else that we need to live a life of godliness which Christ has lavished on us in abundance? 1 Peter 2:3 tells us of our Husband Jesus Christ:

"By His divine power the Lord has given us everything we need for life and godliness through the knowledge of the One who called us by His own honor and glory.”

Believer, we don't have to "cheat on Grace" with the Law in order to get good morals. Everything we need to live a life of moral excellence is added to us freely under Grace - like a poor and immoral woman that marries a rich and powerful Man who has the power to transform her to be like Himself (2 Corinthians 3:18) and literally died for her because He loves her so. But many are yet to see how immoral we all are of ourselves; how poor we are in righteousness of ourselves. The Bible says of ourselves, we have none! Romans 3:10.

Notice verse 5: “When we were controlled by our old nature, sinful desires were at work within us, and the law aroused these evil desires that produced a harvest of sinful deeds, resulting in death.”

The one with the old nature is not a new creation in Christ. He does not believe Romans 5:9— “And there is still much more to say of His unfailing love for us! For through the blood of Jesus we have heard the powerful declaration, “You are now righteous in My sight.” And because of the sacrifice of Jesus, you will never experience the wrath of God."

The one with the old nature is still seeking some righteousness from Mr. Law and feels that God's wrath will fall on him for whatever reason. But the very law that he is trying to keep in order to be moral or get the benefits of being in Christ arouses evil desires in him that causes sin to have dominion over him, “For sin shall not have dominion over you for you are not under law but under Grace.” Romans 6:14.

Even worse, those who hold the belief that we who are the bride of Christ have to maintain any kind of relationship with the Law in order to live a morally upright life imply that our Bridegroom Jesus Christ, Grace-personified, does not have any morals and so cannot impart morality to us! Such are saying that Grace cannot teach His bride how to live a morally upright life.

Why would I go to another man (who will kill me at the slightest error) to teach me how to race-drive and for my life too, if my husband was Louis Hamilton's personal trainer who loves me and wanted to be my personal trainer/see me perform well and win so much that He gave His life for these reasons?

Would you really allow another man (who will kill your wife at the slightest fault!) to help you impregnate your wife so that she can bear the fruit of morality (live a life of moral excellence) when YOU are the very definition of moral excellence? But these false doctrine people who push for believers to look to the Law as a guiding principle for morality imply that Grace-personified, Jesus Christ, cannot save you from your sins and will cause you to live a life of immorality! The same Grace of Whom it is said in Titus 2:14—

“He gave His life to free us from every kind of sin, to cleanse us, and to make us His very own people, totally committed to doing good deeds."

Verse 6 of the same Romans 7 says: "Now, however, we are free from the Law, because we died to that which once held us prisoners."

Mr. Law makes no concessions for anybody. He will condemn, adjudge you guilty and imprison you as soon as you start a relationship with him for whatever reason, even if you are just using him as guiding principles in order to bear the fruit of morality. This doctrine is as abominable to God as a woman cheating on her husband in order to bear a child called Morality because she wrongly thinks her husband is sterile. Believer, Christ our Bridegroom is moral excellence -personified! He cannot share us with anyone. Remember Galatians 5:4-

“For if you are trying to make yourselves right with God by keeping the law you have been cut off from Christ! You have fallen away from God's grace.”

Law and Grace don't mix. This horrid mixture that is neither Law nor Grace that false teachers are advocating is the "neither cold nor hot" that Christ spoke of in Revelation 3. The one here will lose both the wine and wineskin.

Believer, these false doctrine peddlers who try to get you to commit adultery with Mr. Law are not of Christ, even though they always act like they just finished having lunch with God. They can only be successful in deceiving people who think that they can "at least try to keep the Law." Dependence on human effort is death.

Never trust yourself. Beware of those who mix some Law with Grace for whatever purpose. Their behaviour and false doctrines should not make pastors and leaders try to “help" Jesus Christ aka Mr. Grace by introducing Mr. Law to keep New Covenant believers in check regarding morality. Such are saying that we need to go under our ex-husband the Law to get morality and to be able to live a life of moral excellence since Christ (Grace-personified) has none to give us! No friend! Never! Beware of Satanic ministers who preach this horrid adultery. Christ Himself IS moral excellence-personified! Everything we need for a life of moral excellence we have under Grace.

Beware of those who try to redefine God's Grace as the reason why they can continue to wallow in sins too. Jude spoke of these “scoundrels" in Jude 1. Such are not under Grace but under Satan's control. Grace did not come to accommodate our sins. Grace came to save us from our sins.

Believer, we don't need to go and be having an illicit relationship with Mr. Law in order to get guiding principles for life and godliness when we are married to the Author and Giver of moral excellence! Law and Grace cannot mix. See Paul's typology of Hagar and Sarah as the two covenants of Law and Grace in Galatians 4. Sarah (Grace) did not need Hagar (Law) to raise Isaac (the church.) Grace is enough! “Cast out the bondwoman and her son”! By Grace, we reject any attempt by Satanic ministers to make Hagar (Law) our mother, nanny or helper in whatever form. Only punishment awaits here because the Law condemns everyone who tries to keep it in a bid to earn God's goodwill.

Believer, don't be deceived by these seemingly godly people who try to take you back under the slavery of the Law that Christ has saved us from. The spirit of the antichrist is not anti-God. It is one that preaches strongly on the need for believers to live a godly life, but its own method of attaining or maintaining godliness (after we have been made godly by Christ's suffering) is through human effort at keeping the Law. See Paul's typology of the forbidden fruit as a picture of the law that many are trying to keep in order to be godly in Romans 7:8-12 (MSG version.) This demonic doctrine is the same strategy that Satan used to deceive Eve when he told her that that she would be godly (be like God) if she did something by human effort. But God had already made she and Adam to be like Himself (Genesis 1:26-27.)

Law-keeping for whatever purpose, whether for justification before God or "just as a guiding principle for morality" by those who claim to be married to Jesus (making themselves adulterers) brings condemnation.

Many think that we preach Grace because we want to sin and are saying that it is okay for people to continue to sin anyhow because of grace! Never! There are some people who teach this or even live their lives this way. Jude speaks of such who try to redefine God's saving Grace in Jude 1:

“Some godless people have sneaked in among us and are saying, “God treats us much better than we deserve, and so it is all right to be immoral.” They even deny that we must obey Jesus Christ as our only Master and Lord. But long ago the Scriptures warned that these godless people were doomed.”

God knows about such people who pretend to be under Grace or try to redefine Grace and deals with them. Their rejection of Christ should not make any of us try to “help" Grace by introducing the Law to keep believers in check regarding the issue of sins. Grace is enough.

Paul too was misunderstood and accused of preaching that it is okay to commit sin because of grace by religious Jews who used the Law as a guide for morality (Romans 3:7-cool. The law condemns the best of us but being under True Grace without reigning over sin is as impossible as jumping into the sea naked without getting wet.

Can you imagine feeling great guilt and condemnation and expecting punishment for the sin of responding with 12 o' clock when the time was really 12.02 after someone asked for the time... and by mistake! That is how much we grace children wanted to sin before God opened our eyes to His Grace- the message of Christsmiley Like our heavenly Father, we hate sin and by Grace, we get to "live in triumph over sin and death" (Romans 5:17) through Jesus Christ- Grace-personified.

When the love of God, expressed in His undeserved, unmerited favour (Grace - our Saviour Jesus Christ) towards us, is unveiled from the pulpit, the people will live right. We love because He first loved us. Under Grace, we have all the moral excellence we need to live a life of morality. Starting a relationship with our ex-husband (Mr. Law) in order to get moral excellence, bear fruit to God or become whatever while married to Grace is adultery.

By Grace, let's keep believing that "By His divine power the Lord has given us everything we need for life and godliness through the knowledge of the One who called us by His own honor and glory.”

By grace, let’s believe Galatians 5:1- “So Christ has truly set us free. Now make sure that you stay free, and don’t get tied up again in slavery to the law.”

Right believing always produces right living.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Many Sinners Want To Stop Sinning But The Ten Commandments Cannot Save by jiggaz(m): 10:58am On Nov 13, 2018
NewsOnline:

This demonic doctrine of using the Law as a reference for morality while claiming salvation by Grace is exactly where Satan wants the church to be: neither cold nor hot - a horrid mixture that is neither Law nor Grace. Part human-effort and part-Jesus.

Law and Grace don't mix. Christ does it all. But there is something about the arm of flesh (dependence on human effort at obedience) that wants to be relevant in the story of our salvation. That something is Pride. So you think you can keep even an inch of the law by your own power and good sense when God's word says the arm of flesh (human effort) will fail? You that you have NO GOOD in you? God's word says human effort (the arm of flesh) will fail and cannot: Romans 7:18-

"For I know that nothing good lives within the flesh of my fallen humanity. The longings to do what is right are within me, but will-power is not enough to accomplish it."

But Pride in the arm of flesh (human effort) that will fail says[i]: "[/i]No, I can. I still have some good in me. I can keep the law. " Just like Peter who thought He could keep the Law "You shall not bear false witness" when the going was good. He ended up denying Jesus 3 times.

Now that people's eyes are being opened to the Truth of Righteousness by faith through Christ, some "men of God" who used to teach "keeping the law" as the means of attaining godliness/righteousness before God are trying to make their false doctrine more attractive by dressing the Law up as something that we keep on the side as a guide to living a morally upright life after we are justified by faith. Such say:

"Yes we are justified/righteous by faith and not by the Law, but we still have to keep Law, not for justification before God but as a guiding principle for morality."

Believer, flee from this evil doctrine. God's word is very clear on this demonic doctrine that advocates having any kind of relationship with the Law after we have been justified by faith in Christ who is Grace-personified. Grace is enough. See this in Romans 7:1–6:

"1 Now, dear brothers and sisters—you who are familiar with the law—don’t you know that the law applies only while a person is living? 2 For example, when a woman marries, the law binds her to her husband as long as he is alive. But if he dies, the laws of marriage no longer apply to her. 3 So while her husband is alive, she would be committing adultery if she married another man. But if her husband dies, she is free from that law and does not commit adultery when she remarries. 4 So, my dear brothers and sisters, this is the point: You died to the power of the law when you died with Christ. And now you are united with the One who was raised from the dead. As a result, we can produce a harvest of good deeds for God. 5 When we were controlled by our old nature, sinful desires were at work within us, and the law aroused these evil desires that produced a harvest of sinful deeds, resulting in death. 6 But now we have been released from the law, for we died to it and are no longer captive to its power. Now we can serve God, not in the old way of obeying the letter of the law, but in the new way of living in the Spirit.”

What does this mean?

Before we became born-again, we were married to Mr. Law who condemns the best of us. We had the old nature. With Mr. Law, our fate was death because “all have sinned.” Nothing we did could ever amount to anything with Mr. Law. The more one tries to do His bidding, the more that one's faults and failures become evident-

“For no one can ever be made right with God by doing what the law commands. The law simply shows us how sinful we are.” Romans 3:20.

Under Mr. Law, we were destined for death: Hebrews 9— “27 And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgment, 28 so Christ was offered once to bear the sins of many.” Then Christ found us. He died for us and as us and with His one death, paid in full the wages of sin that Mr. Law demanded for our imperfection. As believers in Christ, we are DEAD to Mr. Law and are now MARRIED to Mr. Grace. Grace is a Person. His name is Jesus Christ. Titus 2:11 says of Him: “God’s marvelous grace has manifested in person, bringing salvation for everyone.”

Remember in Christ we are not under Law but under Grace: "For sin shall not have dominion over you for you are not under law but under Grace." Romans 6:14. Many have this verse backwards.

Romans 7:1–6 above tells us that getting back under our ex-husband (Mr. Law) for anything at all while claiming marriage to Grace is ADULTERY. It does not matter whether one is using the Law as "guiding principles for morality" or for "moral excellence" or "as a reference point for good and evil" like the tree of same name or for whatever: it is adultery to sustain ANY kind of relationship with Mr. Law while claiming marriage to Christ- Mr. Grace. Verse 1 above says:

"Now, dear brothers and sisters—you who are familiar with the law—don’t you know that the law applies only while a person is living?"

But satanic ministers say we who have died to the power of the Law and are now the bride of Christ should continue a marriage relationship with our ex-husband and use him to get the same moral excellence and everything else that we need to live a life of godliness which Christ has lavished on us in abundance? 1 Peter 2:3 tells us of our Husband Jesus Christ:

"By His divine power the Lord has given us everything we need for life and godliness through the knowledge of the One who called us by His own honor and glory.”

Believer, we don't have to "cheat on Grace" with the Law in order to get good morals. Everything we need to live a life of moral excellence is added to us freely under Grace - like a poor and immoral woman that marries a rich and powerful Man who has the power to transform her to be like Himself (2 Corinthians 3:18) and literally died for her because He loves her so. But many are yet to see how immoral we all are of ourselves; how poor we are in righteousness of ourselves. The Bible says of ourselves, we have none! Romans 3:10.

Notice verse 5: “When we were controlled by our old nature, sinful desires were at work within us, and the law aroused these evil desires that produced a harvest of sinful deeds, resulting in death.”

The one with the old nature is not a new creation in Christ. He does not believe Romans 5:9— “And there is still much more to say of His unfailing love for us! For through the blood of Jesus we have heard the powerful declaration, “You are now righteous in My sight.” And because of the sacrifice of Jesus, you will never experience the wrath of God."

The one with the old nature is still seeking his righteousness from Mr. Law and feels that God's wrath will fall on him for whatever reason. But the very law that he is trying to keep in order to get the benefits of being in Christ arouses evil desires in him that causes sin to have dominion over him, “For sin shall not have dominion over you for you are not under law but under Grace.” Romans 6:14.

Even worse, those who hold the belief that we who are the bride of Christ have to maintain a relationship with the Law in order to live a morally upright life imply that our Bridegroom Jesus Christ, Grace-personified, does not have any morals and so cannot impart morality to us! Such are saying that Grace cannot teach His bride how to live a morally upright life.

Why would I go to another man (who will kill me at the slightest error) to teach me how to race-drive and for my life too, if my husband was Louis Hamilton's personal trainer who loves me and wanted to be my personal trainer/see me perform well and win so much that He gave His life for these reasons?

Would you really allow another man (who will kill your wife at the slightest fault!) to help you impregnate your wife so that she can bear the fruit of morality (live a life of moral excellence) when YOU are the very definition of moral excellence? But these false doctrine people who push for believers to look to the Law as a guiding principle for morality imply that Grace-personified, Jesus Christ, cannot save you from your sins and will cause you to live a life of immorality! The same Grace of Whom it is said in Titus 2:14—

“He gave His life to free us from every kind of sin, to cleanse us, and to make us His very own people, totally committed to doing good deeds."

Verse 6 of the same Romans 7 says: "Now, however, we are free from the Law, because we died to that which once held us prisoners."

Mr. Law makes no concessions for anybody. He will condemn, adjudge you guilty and imprison you as soon as you start a relationship with him for whatever reason. Remember Galatians 5:4-

“For if you are trying to make yourselves right with God by keeping the law you have been cut off from Christ! You have fallen away from God's grace.”

Law and Grace don't mix. This horrid mixture that is neither Law nor Grace that false teachers are advocating is the "neither cold nor hot" that Christ spoke of in Revelation 3. The one here will lose both the wine and wineskin.

Believer, these false doctrine peddlers who try to get you to commit adultery with Mr. Law are not of Christ, even though they always act like they just finished having lunch with God. They can only be successful in deceiving people who think that they can "at least try to keep the Law." Dependence on human effort is death.

Never trust yourself. Beware of those who mix some Law with Grace for whatever purpose. Their behaviour and false doctrines should not make pastors and leaders try to “help" Jesus Christ aka Mr. Grace by introducing Mr. Law to keep New Covenant believers in check regarding morality. Such are saying that we need to go under our ex-husband the Law to get morality and to be able to live a life of moral excellence since Christ (Grace-personified) has none to give us! No friend! Never! Beware of Satanic ministers who preach this horrid adultery. Christ Himself IS moral excellence-personified! Everything we need for a life of moral excellence we have under Grace.

Beware of those who try to redefine God's Grace as the reason why they can continue to wallow in sins too. Such are not under Jude spoke of these “scoundrels" in Jude 1. Grace but under Satan's control. Grace did not come to accommodate our sins. Grace came to save us from our sins.

Believer, we don't need to go and be having an illicit relationship with Mr. Law in order to get guiding principles for life and godliness when we are married to the Author and Giver of moral excellence! Law and Grace cannot mix. See Paul's typology of Hagar and Sarah as the two covenants of Law and Grace in Galatians 4. Sarah (Grace) did not need Hagar (Law) to raise Isaac (the church.) Grace is enough! “Cast out the bondwoman and her son”! By Grace, we reject any attempt by Satanic ministers to make Hagar (Law) our mother, nanny or helper in whatever form. Only punishment awaits here because the Law condemns everyone who tries to keep it in a bid to earn God's goodwill.

Believer, don't be deceived by these seemingly godly people who try to take you back under the slavery of the Law that Christ has saved us from. The spirit of the antichrist is not anti-God. It is one that preaches strongly on the need for believers to live a godly life, but its own method of attaining or maintaining godliness (after we have been made godly by Christ's suffering) is through human effort at keeping the Law. See Paul's typology of the forbidden fruit as a picture of the law that many are trying to keep in order to be godly in Romans 7:8-12 (MSG version.) This demonic doctrine is the same strategy that Satan used to deceive Eve when he told her that that she would be godly (be like God) if she did something by human effort. But God had already made she and Adam to be like Himself (Genesis 1:26-27.)

Law-keeping for whatever purpose, whether for justification before God or "just as a guiding principle for morality" by those who claim to be married to Jesus (making themselves adulterers) brings condemnation.

Many think that we preach Grace because we want to sin and are saying that it is okay for people to continue to sin anyhow because of grace! Never! There are some people who teach this or even live their lives this way. Jude speaks of such who try to redefine God's saving Grace in Jude 1:

“Some godless people have sneaked in among us and are saying, “God treats us much better than we deserve, and so it is all right to be immoral.” They even deny that we must obey Jesus Christ as our only Master and Lord. But long ago the Scriptures warned that these godless people were doomed.”

God knows about such people who pretend to be under Grace or try to redefine Grace and deals with them. Their rejection of Christ should not make any of us try to “help" Grace by introducing the Law to keep believers in check regarding the issue of sins. Grace is enough.

Paul too was misunderstood and accused of preaching that it is okay to commit sin because of grace by religious Jews who used the Law as their standard of righteousness (Romans 3:7-cool. The law condemns the best of us but being under True Grace without reigning over sin is as impossible as jumping into the sea naked without getting wet.

Can you imagine feeling great guilt and condemnation and expecting punishment for the sin of responding with 12 o' clock when the time was really 12.02 after someone asked for the time... and by mistake! That is how much we grace children wanted to sin before God opened our eyes to His Grace- the message of Christsmiley Like our heavenly Father, we hate sin and by Grace, we get to "live in triumph over sin and death" (Romans 5:17) through Jesus Christ- Grace-personified.

When the love of God, expressed in His undeserved, unmerited favour (Grace - our Saviour Jesus Christ) towards us, is unveiled from the pulpit, the people will live right. We love because He first loved us. Under Grace, we have all the moral excellence we need to live a life of morality. Starting a relationship with our ex-husband (Mr. Law) in order to get moral excellence, bear fruit to God or become whatever while married to Grace is adultery.

By Grace, let's keep believing that "By His divine power the Lord has given us everything we need for life and godliness through the knowledge of the One who called us by His own honor and glory.”

By grace, let’s believe Galatians 5:1- “So Christ has truly set us free. Now make sure that you stay free, and don’t get tied up again in slavery to the law.”

1000 likes for you my brother... This is the beautiful truth of the Gospel!! The Grace Revolution is now huge all over the world.... Beautiful explanation. God bless...

1 Like

Re: Many Sinners Want To Stop Sinning But The Ten Commandments Cannot Save by jiggaz(m): 9:35pm On Jun 04, 2020
Evening
Re: Many Sinners Want To Stop Sinning But The Ten Commandments Cannot Save by Dtruthspeaker: 4:49am On Jun 05, 2020
There are not 10 Commandments, there are many!

There were Commandments before the 10, and there were Commandments after the 10, not just the 10 alone.
Re: Many Sinners Want To Stop Sinning But The Ten Commandments Cannot Save by Dtruthspeaker: 5:01am On Jun 05, 2020
NewsOnline:

There are now 2 Laws known to men. And people are much more aware of one more than the other, especially these past 70years.

So I propose, go find out what is the True Law and who is giver of it!
Re: Many Sinners Want To Stop Sinning But The Ten Commandments Cannot Save by Dtruthspeaker: 5:10am On Jun 05, 2020
NewsOnline:

What does this mean?

Before we became born-again, we were married to Mr. Law who condemns the best of any who has business with Him. We had the old nature. With Mr. Law, our fate was death because “all have sinned.” Nothing we did could ever amount to anything with Mr. Law. The more one tries to do His bidding, the more that one's faults and failures become evident-

The one with the old nature is still seeking some righteousness from Mr. Law and feels that God's wrath will fall on him for whatever reason. But the very law that he is trying to keep in order to be moral or get the benefits of being in Christ arouses evil desires in him that causes sin to have dominion over him, “For sin shall not have dominion over you for you are not under law but under Grace.” Romans 6:14.

Even worse, those who hold the belief that we who are the bride of Christ have to maintain any kind of relationship with the Law in order to live a morally upright life imply that our Bridegroom Jesus Christ, Grace-personified, does not have any morals and so cannot impart morality to us! Such are saying that Grace cannot teach His bride how to live a morally upright life.

Mr. Law makes no concessions for anybody. He will condemn, adjudge you guilty and imprison you as soon as you start a relationship with him for whatever reason, even if you are just using him as guiding principles in order to bear the fruit of morality. This doctrine is as abominable to God as a woman cheating on her husband in order to bear a child called Morality because she wrongly thinks her husband is sterile. Believer, Christ our Bridegroom is moral excellence -personified! He cannot share us with anyone. Remember Galatians 5:4-

Beware of those who try to redefine God's Grace as the reason why they can continue to wallow in sins too. Jude spoke of these “scoundrels" in Jude 1. Such are not under Grace but under Satan's control. Grace did not come to accommodate our sins. Grace came to save us from our sins.

Paul too was misunderstood and accused of preaching that it is okay to commit sin because of grace by religious Jews who used the Law as a guide for morality (Romans 3:7-cool. The law condemns the best of us but being under True Grace without reigning over sin is as impossible as jumping into the sea naked without getting wet.

The Grace is Law and the Law is Grace. But there is preached among us False laws.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

SHOCKING VIDEO: Google Home Assistant Refuses To Define Jesus Christ / Declare These Prayers Point Upon Your Family To Overcome Challenges. Click Link. / Popular Pastor Confesses How He Do Fake Miracles & Killed People, Says Jeremaiah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 228
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.