Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,374 members, 7,819,358 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:51 PM

Ijebu Are Not Yoruba - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ijebu Are Not Yoruba (1922 Views)

Church In Ijebu Ode Flooded As Apostle, Others Walk Through Flood To Church / Ijebu, The Yoruba & Their Influence On The Bible & Judaism- Reno Omokri / Ijebu Juju Landord Used To Tie Tenants' Destiny In Ikorodu (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ijebu Are Not Yoruba by GodSon34(m): 8:02pm On Jan 22, 2018
The Ijebu are indeed not Yoruba. Nigerians struggle to believe that the Ijebu are the biblical jebusites.

There is enough evidence that points to the Ijebu being jebusites just as the Edo are biblical Edomites!!!

The Ijebu or Jebusites are infact one of the 12 tribes of Israel. The truth is the canaanites were Israelites. The lie is that God instructed these tribes to be destroyed. There is also enough evidence that supports the claims that Israelites were in fact canaanites.

The migration story of the Ijebu has been mis-interpreted. The Awujale is correct when he claims that Ijebu are from Waddai. This is infact a corruption of Whidah i.e. Kingdom of Judah or Ile Ife Owodaiye (Ife Oodaye). That region of Africa used to be called Soudan (upper guinea) or Land of the blacks or Negroland. So the Ijebu did migrate from Judah which was part of Nigeria.

Awujale was not referring to Sudan but Soudan/ upper guinea

1 Share

Re: Ijebu Are Not Yoruba by hakeem4(m): 8:32pm On Jan 22, 2018
Can you please stop buying weed from that black guy at your junction

4 Likes

Re: Ijebu Are Not Yoruba by GodSon34(m): 8:49pm On Jan 22, 2018
Lol! @ hakeem4

I don’t expect most to get it! God did promise to send a strong delusion. 2 Thessalonians 2:11

Nigerians are lost and don’t even know the truth about their history

It is well bro!
Re: Ijebu Are Not Yoruba by hakeem4(m): 8:51pm On Jan 22, 2018
GodSon34:
Lol! @ hakeem4

I don’t expect most to get it! God did promise to send a strong delusion. 2 Thessalonians 2:11

Nigerians are lost and don’t even know the truth about their history

It is well bro!
is there any historical evidence to back your claim ?
Re: Ijebu Are Not Yoruba by GodSon34(m): 10:13pm On Jan 22, 2018
Who else currently claims to be a descendant of jebu? The Palestinians. I don’t see anyone challenging their claim. The fact is there is more evidence supporting the Ijebu claim.

Besides my other research, the Awujale has claimed this. Secondly there are biblical anthropologists such as Alice Linsey who have all but supported this claims:

http://jandyongenesis..co.uk/2011/11/jerusalem-that-david-knew.html?m=1

Furthermore, there is a Newyork times article dated 1892 referring to the Ijebu as Jebu clearly distinguishing them from Yoruba

http://article.archive.nytimes.com/1892/04/22/104124932.pdf?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJBTN455PTTBQQNRQ&Expires=1516655833&Signature=BGkZPQMsv0gqJvjSblYFeOcPw9U%3D
Re: Ijebu Are Not Yoruba by GodSon34(m): 10:52am On Jan 25, 2018
hakeem4:
is there any historical evidence to back your claim ?

Are you satisfied with the eveidence provided?

(1) (Reply)

Rhapsody Of Realities 2020 / Authentic 19th century Painting of Jesus with Bantu/ Negro Look / Latest Prophetic Claims: 9.7 Earthquake Coming To West Coast On October 3, 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.