Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,642 members, 7,809,409 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:05 AM

Relevant Courses To Include In A Curriculum For Recording Artistes - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Relevant Courses To Include In A Curriculum For Recording Artistes (1185 Views)

Obama's Favorite Songs Of 2022 Include 3 From Nigeria / VIDEO: Falz – Moral Instruction (the Curriculum) / Wanted Upcoming And Talented Artistes For Recording Deals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Relevant Courses To Include In A Curriculum For Recording Artistes by justwords(m): 6:57am On Jan 24, 2018
Relevant Courses to include in a Curriculum for Recording Artistes:

Introduction:

Hello everyone, among the just listed (newbies) on our music school courses for this year 2018, is a course for Recording Artistes. Now, as one responsible for some of "these" decisions, particularly, the development of our "especially home made curriculum for our home music school", as one under this responsibility, the privilege to interview aspiring musical students, has provided quite an opportunity to identify the needs per time, that is, what is needful to train a student into a particular specialty of interest.

Now, I wouldn't want to have more than one paragraph of some sorta intro. So, permit me to, just move on straight. Please your "criticism" of these is well appreciated, comments would be duly noted and questions would be sincerely best answered, even where the answer is an "honestly, I do not know... I don't even think I've ever heard of all these...I'll look into it...Thank you..." Furthermore, to assist us all who would be going through this thread, I'll do my best to keep it updated and running from time to time, that is as the classes resume for the program for this year, I'll keep sharing my observations, so that first hand, we may see, the "wow's....ohh No's....OMG..." After all, our Rehearsal House is said to be "A Research Academy of Music", even though we're just a so sweet, Home School of Music.

The goal of this program, is simple: "to ensure the Recording Artiste is a professional (thoroughly furnished) musician..." Therefore, courses are drawn from four respective departments to equip the Students, these departments are:

Voice training & Singing

Musicology

Lyricology and Composition.

Piano Performance/Guitars (one of)

**Workshops & Projects (Studio & Music business sessions).

Alrighty...it got a bit longer than I anticipated for the intro, sorry about that. Well, well, In the next (second) episode (section), I'll be posting the relevant courses we'll be taking from each of these departments. Bear in mind, that each of the above mentioned departments function independently with their various courses (subjects), therefore, there's the need to select the most relevant courses for a course for the Recording Artiste.

To be cont'd...

Find the news gist for the Applied Musical program for Recording Artists...anticipated Admission date...etc...on our news blog...

https://rehearsalhousechannel..com.ng/2018/01/rh-announces-2018-programs-recording.html?m=1 Musical program for Recording Artists...anticipated Admission date...etc...on our news blog...

https://rehearsalhousechannel..com.ng/2018/01/rh-announces-2018-programs-recording.html?m=1
Re: Relevant Courses To Include In A Curriculum For Recording Artistes by justwords(m): 6:57am On Jan 27, 2018
Relevant Courses to include in the Course for Recording Artiste 2: THE VOCAL COURSES:

Alrighty, welcome back to the second episode of this (ongoing) discussion. Again, we're drawing these from the progress been made regarding this course, which has just been added to the list of Courses for the 2018 Applied Musical Program year, for our Home School of Music: Rehearsal House Ng.

Let us say that, the Recording Artiste course, 'borrows' courses from other courses (departments), those courses were listed in the previous post. Today, we'll look at some of these 'borrowed' courses, one after the other. Beginning with the first department on the list: Vocals.

RH department of Vocals:

The Rehearsal House department of Vocals, offers three options of Voice training programs viz:

1. Vocals with Lyricology and Composition.

2. Vocals with Singing Techniques.

3. Vocals with Musical Directing.

The Recording Artiste course, takes a list of courses from Vocals options 1 & 2. Therefore, we would straight-on, focus our attention on these options of Vocal courses. Just a note beside: the other departments, namely Piano/Guitar and Applied Musicology, haven't been forgotten.

To be continued...

RH FULL TIME MAJORS RETURN:

In response to those of you who had sought opportunity into a full time program at Rehearsal House, well, here it is, we're pleased to announce to you that our FULL-TIME APPLIED MUSICAL MAJORS is back, for tuition fees, shortlisted courses for both Full time and part time Majors, as well as other details, follow the link:

https://rehearsalhouse..com.ng/p/applied-musical-majors.html?m=1
Re: Relevant Courses To Include In A Curriculum For Recording Artistes by justwords(m): 7:07pm On Jan 29, 2018
In this post, we'll just be doing a listing of the courses from the various departments, where the Recording Artiste courses are drawn from. The Recording Artiste course is a program of six stages. The courses here listed are the featured courses for the first stage (Stage 1). The discussion which would follow over the next 3 weeks would be around these listed courses. Keep in mind that the duration for Stage 1 of the program for Recording Artiste, is 3 weeks.

Listed Courses:

1. Vocals with Singing Techniques: Relevant Courses for the Recording Artiste 3. (Stage 1 courses, Duration: 3weeks):

SOL 100: Solmization & Ear Training.

VOC 100: Introduction to Voicing.

2. Musicology: Relevant Courses for the Recording Artiste 3 (Satge 1 courses; Stage 1 Duration: 3 weeks.)

MUS 101: Musical Scales I.

MUS 102: Applied Musicology I.

MUS 103: Philosophy, History & Literature of Music.

3. Lyricology & Composition: Relevant Courses for the Recording Artiste 3. (Stage 1 courses, Duration: 3weeks):

LYR 100: Introduction to Lyricology.

LYR 102: Lyrical Title Exegesis.

4. Piano Performance: Relevant Courses for the Recording Artiste 3. (Stage 1 courses, Duration: 3weeks):

PNO 100: Pianoforte Fingering Techniques.

PNO 102: Piano & Keyboard Anatomy.

PNO 101: Sheet music for Pianoforte.

(1) (Reply)

Wale Turner - Freaky Friday (cover) / Get Cash Till They Bury Me - Naija Rap Mixtape / [music] Nasty C – Nobody (full Track)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.