Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,512 members, 7,826,941 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:55 PM

The Banana Effect: Why Many Business Owners Are Not Entrepreneurs. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / The Banana Effect: Why Many Business Owners Are Not Entrepreneurs. (471 Views)

Business Owners, Whats Your Experience With Bad Staff / 250K For Househelp Job In Banana Island, Only Graduates Needed. Nigerians React / Apply For Africa's Young Entrepreneurs (A.Y.E) Job Recruitment (7 Positions) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Banana Effect: Why Many Business Owners Are Not Entrepreneurs. by Nobody: 11:27am On Jan 24, 2018
#AskOutLoud™ | #EntrepreneurialMyths

In the evenings, after a long day at school or retiring from a business trip, the "Marwas" drop me off at the bus-stop from where I walk down the street to my home. Usually, I get my wallet ready halfway down the trek for my regular supplier, sits on the roadside with fruits displayed on her tray. "Customer!", she fondly calls me. I love bananas, especially mixed with roasted groundnuts, and she knows I do!

Now, if someone, who has neither seen nor eaten Bananas is asked to pick one of two pieces, one being bright green and the other, pale yellow with some patches, he'd very likely pick the greeny one and unpeel it, for its appealing to the eyes. However, he'd frown with disgust when he rolls the hard, tasteless chunk, in his mouth!

In the long run, it is not what you see that counts but what you don't see for the pudding is in the unseen! The greeny ones with tasteless pudding eventually become pale while the pale ones with tasty pudding eventually become greeny. Now, this goes against all you know about real bananas but I "wan pass a point".

Age, sex and occupational titles are but a few of what I call "banana peels" which are unfortunately, the benchmark, society uses to make decisions of dire consequence.

Now, about occupational titles, entrepreneurs are not business owners! The latter is merely a title but entrepreneurship is the inborn nature of every human; a nature that is suppressed during childhood and outgrown in adulthood, due to 3 historic influences (a topic for another day).

An entrepreneur is a maverick, an Asker, who eventually becomes an outstanding employee or business owner! I opine that there are many employees who are entrepreneurs and many business owners who are not entrepreneurs!

"Every child is born an artist. The problem is remaining one when one grows up" - Pablo Picasso.

An entrepreneur is that person who channels his-her frustration or fascination into igniting a personal or corporate movement that is pulled forward by a vision. An entrepreneur is that woman, newly-employed as a schoolteacher who is frustrated by the way kids are treated by fellow tutors and hungers to show a better way. An entrepreneur is that new receptionist who cringes at the low patronage at her workplace and resolves to raise the standard of customer service through personal example and suggestions to her superiors.

Would you like to learn exactly what Entrepreneurship is about which goes against everything you know about it?

Would you like to learn why many people are not really happy even when they have all the shiny objects of success?

Would you like to learn about the 3 biggest influences that killed and still kills the entrepreneurial spirit, everyone is born with, before they clock adulthood?

I'm setting up the skeleton of my book about the Entrepreneurial Myths, wherein I'll share my thoughts on the aforementioned points and more, in details. Meanwhile, to not miss out on new broadcasts, book updates and of course, a live interaction with me, text "EMyths" to 0813 049 6612 to join my inner circle of Askers on WhatsApp!

Selah!

1 Like

Re: The Banana Effect: Why Many Business Owners Are Not Entrepreneurs. by Nobody: 12:51am On Feb 04, 2018
"Every child is born an artist. The problem is remaining one when one grows up" - Pablo Picasso.

(1) (Reply)

Ir Peace Limited Fresh Job Recruitment 2018/2019 / Erecruiter Nigeria Limited Latest Recruitment (6 Positions) / VACANCY: Maths/science Teacher Needed In Benin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.