Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,877 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:14 PM

Single Mum Of 2 Shares Touching Story On What It's Like Raising Feminist Sons - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Single Mum Of 2 Shares Touching Story On What It's Like Raising Feminist Sons (2222 Views)

Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult / Married To Mum Of 2 But The Babies Dad Choose To Neglect Responsibilities. / Mum Of 2 Who Married A Tree Celebrates First Wedding Anniversary In England (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Single Mum Of 2 Shares Touching Story On What It's Like Raising Feminist Sons by Drinokrane: 1:01am On Jan 25, 2018
A single mother with two sons has spoken on what it's like raising her sons to be feminists and how society tries to frustrate her efforts at every turn.

From the children's school counselor, the teachers, Nigerian men, to peer pressure and girls, the mother and her sons get lots of discouragement while on their unique journey but the mother has not let that stop her.

She has now taken to Twitter to highlight the issue.

Read her tweets below;

http://www.torimill.com/2018/01/single-mum-of-2-shares-touching-story.html

Lalasticlala Mynd44 Dominique

Re: Single Mum Of 2 Shares Touching Story On What It's Like Raising Feminist Sons by LessNoise: 1:26am On Jan 25, 2018
Another one!!!

1 Like

Re: Single Mum Of 2 Shares Touching Story On What It's Like Raising Feminist Sons by EbukaHades10(m): 1:54am On Jan 25, 2018
Tales by moonlight
Re: Single Mum Of 2 Shares Touching Story On What It's Like Raising Feminist Sons by glimpse(f): 2:16am On Jan 25, 2018
Okpoko !!!
Re: Single Mum Of 2 Shares Touching Story On What It's Like Raising Feminist Sons by chukxie(m): 4:33am On Jan 25, 2018
Being a single parent is a difficult job much more raising two sons alone. People whose parents have never been separated would not understand this fact. May her sons turn out good at the end.

7 Likes

Re: Single Mum Of 2 Shares Touching Story On What It's Like Raising Feminist Sons by Nobody: 4:50am On Jan 25, 2018
Sorry mom, we are deeply rooted in the Patriachy in Africa. It will take a while

1 Like

Re: Single Mum Of 2 Shares Touching Story On What It's Like Raising Feminist Sons by Nebes: 6:25am On Jan 25, 2018
A son definitely needs a good father figure. A boy's psyche will be totally messed up when raised only by a woman.

This woman has issues with men and the African society. She'll definitely pour out her frustrations on the innocent boys. A good man's presence is needed to balance this equation.

3 Likes

Re: Single Mum Of 2 Shares Touching Story On What It's Like Raising Feminist Sons by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 7:25am On Jan 25, 2018
Nebes:
A son definitely needs a good father figure. A boy's psyche will be totally messed up when raised only by a woman.

This woman has issues with men and the African society. She'll definitely pour out her frustrations on the innocent boys. A good man's presence is needed to balance this equation.
So those men raised by their mothers had their psyche totally messed up?

2 Likes

Re: Single Mum Of 2 Shares Touching Story On What It's Like Raising Feminist Sons by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 7:25am On Jan 25, 2018
Madam continue doing a great job.
Re: Single Mum Of 2 Shares Touching Story On What It's Like Raising Feminist Sons by omosefeeguaibor(f): 7:29am On Jan 25, 2018
Its a Man's world so they say.
Re: Single Mum Of 2 Shares Touching Story On What It's Like Raising Feminist Sons by ifyalways(f): 7:49am On Jan 25, 2018
Consequences of the choices we make as adults ( if she's a single mom or Separated) or fate (if she's widowed)

Whatever is the case, she should do whatever she believes is the best for her boys. I can't approve or disprove her parental style.
Re: Single Mum Of 2 Shares Touching Story On What It's Like Raising Feminist Sons by Nobody: 7:57am On Jan 25, 2018
Though she sounds very aggrieved, her concerns are well in place.
It's funny how society tries to roughen the male child, it means masculinity to them...but they somehow expect these same kids to be good adults/husbands.

Madam, keep training your sons well.
Someday, they'll meet people who truly appreciate them.

6 Likes

Re: Single Mum Of 2 Shares Touching Story On What It's Like Raising Feminist Sons by Seahawk: 8:11am On Jan 25, 2018
People like you guys are the reason why your society is messed up.
Pin point on thing she said wrong in her tweets. Damaged beings
Nebes:

glimpse:
Okpoko !!!
EbukaHades10:
Tales by moonlight
LessNoise:
Another one!!!

3 Likes

Re: Single Mum Of 2 Shares Touching Story On What It's Like Raising Feminist Sons by thorpido(m): 8:18am On Jan 25, 2018
She's making a good effort to raise her sons well.I however noticed she sounds pained and aggrieved.

1 Like

Re: Single Mum Of 2 Shares Touching Story On What It's Like Raising Feminist Sons by LessNoise: 8:31am On Jan 25, 2018
Seahawk:

Ehnnn ehnnnn

Re: Single Mum Of 2 Shares Touching Story On What It's Like Raising Feminist Sons by glimpse(f): 8:54am On Jan 25, 2018
Seahawk:

Why not just drop your own comment and leave? Calling people damaged beings? Mr man pack well. To think that you do not even know the reason why I said okpoko. I will let this pass.

1 Like

Re: Single Mum Of 2 Shares Touching Story On What It's Like Raising Feminist Sons by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:59am On Jan 25, 2018
AntiBrutus:
Though she sounds very aggrieved, her concerns are well in place.
It's funny how society tries to roughen the male child, it means masculinity to them...but they somehow expect these same kids to be good adults/husbands.

Madam, keep training your sons well.
Someday, they'll meet people who truly appreciate them.
She's training them to be nice guys and manginas and we all know how those species of men end up cheesy
Re: Single Mum Of 2 Shares Touching Story On What It's Like Raising Feminist Sons by mrphysics(m): 9:42am On Jan 25, 2018
One day, Nigeria will be in dire need of good people not rough people.

When I see things guys do just to be called a man, I just laugh. And when the things that qualify a man comes up, most of them would be found wanting.

Well, its a man's world, configured by a woman.

The lady will soon get tired shaa. When the guy will wake up to the reality of being in Nigeria, all this feminism will disappear. Or when they register on nairaland, the Antifeminists will reset their brain immediately.

1 Like

Re: Single Mum Of 2 Shares Touching Story On What It's Like Raising Feminist Sons by mrphysics(m): 9:46am On Jan 25, 2018
tensazangetsu20:

She's training them to be nice guys and manginas and we all know how those species of men end up cheesy

Lol, those species of men end up being low on the echelon of life. The truth is, you can't change a society that is not willing to change. Its better you stay on your own and do what you want. My problem is that it's their mother that is training them to be feminists. Its not their choice.

So one day, they will wake up or turned to bobrisky.

Well, antibrutus has a point. The only problem is that, it's all theory. In reality, they don't really work that way.
Re: Single Mum Of 2 Shares Touching Story On What It's Like Raising Feminist Sons by Daeylar(f): 11:28am On Jan 25, 2018
Such a good mother,
If more parents, raise their sons and daughters like this, misogyny won't be such a problem it is in this country,

It's sad what's she is facing but she should continue.
Respect to her,

Useless Nairaland babies on this thread as usual supporting the madness that is misogyny but want to complain about feminism, undecided

If you ask them to point out what the mum is doing wrong they can't answer.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Single Mum Of 2 Shares Touching Story On What It's Like Raising Feminist Sons by EbukaHades10(m): 3:44pm On Jan 25, 2018
Seahawk:
Ok. Point taken,point ignored
Re: Single Mum Of 2 Shares Touching Story On What It's Like Raising Feminist Sons by Humanistme: 6:04pm On Jan 25, 2018
mrphysics:

Lol, those species of men end up being low on the echelon of life. The truth is, you can't change a society that is not willing to change. Its better you stay on your own and do what you want. My problem is that it's their mother that is training them to be feminists. Its not their choice.

So one day, they will wake up or turned to bobrisky.

Well, antibrutus has a point. The only problem is that, it's all theory. In reality, they don't really work that way.

you people like to yan trash. what is the correlation between feminism and bobrisky?

2 Likes

Re: Single Mum Of 2 Shares Touching Story On What It's Like Raising Feminist Sons by Humanistme: 6:11pm On Jan 25, 2018
thorpido:
She's making a good effort to raise her sons well.I however noticed she sounds pained and aggrieved.

why is it that when a women complains about something she's passionate about going wrong she's often seen as bitter or aggressive. why?

2 Likes

Re: Single Mum Of 2 Shares Touching Story On What It's Like Raising Feminist Sons by thorpido(m): 6:19pm On Jan 25, 2018
Humanistme:

why is it that when a women complains about something she's passionate about going wrong she's often seen as bitter or aggressive. why?
It's obvious from the story na.Can't you see it?Did you read the whole write-up?

It's not about 'women' anyway.Aggression and bitterness can be from the man or woman .
I'm not anti-feminism by the way.
Re: Single Mum Of 2 Shares Touching Story On What It's Like Raising Feminist Sons by Acidosis(m): 7:03pm On Jan 25, 2018
This woman will totally mess with her children's psyche.

Men and women have distinctly different roles to play at home and in the society. We have totally different physiological and hormonal arrangement, hence, we are not expected to take up same mental and social roles.

A man should not assume the role of the woman in a relationship in the name of feminism.

Being a man is not playing aggresiveness or mu-mu-rism as wrongly described in her writeup. Your son committed three crimes at school in the name of feminism/"manliness": (1) staying silent like an ediot when bitten by school girls; (2) retaliating in a "manly" way to prove a point (3) allowing himself be a reference point to idiocy.. a group of girls don't just wake up to deal with a harmless boy. It goes beyond that, your boy must have reduced himself to the highest level of mu-mu-rism in class.

Teach your boys to be a boy/man and teach your girls what it takes to be a girl/woman. Don't turn your boys to girls, and don't turn your girls to boys. They have only a life to live and they can't assume both roles in the process. Teach them their roles, and train them how to respect themselves and others.
Re: Single Mum Of 2 Shares Touching Story On What It's Like Raising Feminist Sons by Humanistme: 9:27pm On Jan 25, 2018
Acidosis:

Men and women have distinctly different roles to play at home and in the society. We have totally different physiological and hormonal arrangement, hence, we are not expected to take up same mental and social roles.

A man should not assume the role of the woman in a relationship in the name of feminism.

Being a man is not playing aggresiveness or mu-mu-rism as wrongly described in her writeup. Your son committed three crimes at school in the name of feminism/"manliness": (1) staying silent like an ediot when bitten by school girls; (2) retaliating in a "manly" way to prove a point (3) allowing himself be a reference point to idiocy.. a group of girls don't just wake up to deal with a harmless boy. It goes beyond that, your boy must have reduced himself to the highest level of mu-mu-rism in class.

Teach your boys to be a boy/man and teach your girls what it takes to be a girl/woman. Don't turn your boys to girls, and don't

turn your girls to boys. They have only a life to live and they can't assume both roles in the process. Teach them their roles, and train them how to respect themselves and others.

totally off point. what roles are you even talking about?

read her tweets again.

nobody talked about relationships.

she is exactly teaching them how to respect themselves and others.

3 Likes

Re: Single Mum Of 2 Shares Touching Story On What It's Like Raising Feminist Sons by Nitefury: 12:26am On Jan 26, 2018
Acidosis:

Teach your boys to be a boy/man and teach your girls what it takes to be a girl/woman. Don't turn your boys to girls, and don't turn your girls to boys. They have only a life to live and they can't assume both roles in the process. Teach them their roles, and train them how to respect themselves and others.

Not just their psyche, she'll mess their future relationship with the opposite sex up if not their lives when they grow up. She wants to raise what her own definition of a man should be. But She'll end up raising mummy's boys, women "pleasers", nice guys, gentlemen, soft guys, lover boys etc.. that women like her hate to date or be in a relationship with but prefer to place in the friend-zone, telling them how their wives would be lucky to marry them.

The only time guys like these would date a girl they like is when such ladies who had FZoned them all their lives are left with no other option and feel it's time to settle down i.e by the time they (the women) are past age 30 and desperation kicks in. That's why even the so called good girls don't want the good boys because they too want men who can lead them, be firm in handling them, can keep his frame at all times etc and not some pvssy asss beta man raised by a bitter feminist. That's why I always tell people to flee partners raised by single moms because more often, they've been brought up and filled with shitty ideas most of their lives.

The best thing she can do to those kids now that they are still young is to:

1. Raise those kids as best as she can as a loving mom without those crazy feminist ideals
2. Return them to their dad (If he is still alive) to raise them like the men they're supposed to be or
3. Look for a partner that can love and provide that all important fatherly role and direction every child deserves to those boys.

1 Like

Re: Single Mum Of 2 Shares Touching Story On What It's Like Raising Feminist Sons by AntiNormal(m): 9:23am On Jan 26, 2018
One good parent is enough. Can she provide them for financially? Yes. Can she provide for them emotionally? Yes.
I do not see a problem here...

1 Like

Re: Single Mum Of 2 Shares Touching Story On What It's Like Raising Feminist Sons by AntiNormal(m): 9:23am On Jan 26, 2018
Keep going ma'am... You're doing us proud...
Re: Single Mum Of 2 Shares Touching Story On What It's Like Raising Feminist Sons by Nobody: 9:41am On Jan 26, 2018
Nebes:

Definitely not true, I am an example of such and i turned out well that's if you take out alcohol, depression and stuff. My Mother never took out frustration on us, then again it was a widow situation not single mother, plus never liked my dad before and after his death. I would say it depends on the individual, if anything guys raised by only the mother have it tough and also will have a hard time as they would have learnt to be self sufficient. Most times when i see kids with two parents i feel weird because am not used to it, visiting day in school for me was hell, my mother was a banker so she had to work at a young age i already realized what we and my mother had to face, it meant understanding anytime she had to be absent. The only negative effect i can say is that it has made me adjust emotionally in the sense that i find it hard to reach out to anyone or share with anyone, since i was brought up like this.

Chai see epistle i was planning to write a line o.
cry

3 Likes

Re: Single Mum Of 2 Shares Touching Story On What It's Like Raising Feminist Sons by Daeylar(f): 10:34am On Jan 26, 2018
AntiNormal:
One good parent is enough.
Can she provide them for financially? Yes.
Can she provide for them emotionally? Yes.

I do not see a problem here...

That's what they fail to understand, or don't want to understand,
One good parent is enough to raise a child, if there are 2 parents, all good and well.
In fact, just one person who is ready to put in the work to raise a child, financially, emotionally. Physically is enough, can be an uncle or an aunt or a stranger, family member,

That child is being raised better than those with 2 parents who couldn't care less about the kids even if they tried.

Humanistme:

totally off point. what roles are you even talking about?
read her tweets again.
nobody talked about relationships.
she is exactly teaching them how to respect themselves and others.

seriously off point.

One even said return the kids to the dad,
As if she stole the kids, as if they are not her kids,
Mtchewww.

1 Like

Re: Single Mum Of 2 Shares Touching Story On What It's Like Raising Feminist Sons by Tohzara(m): 12:19pm On Jan 26, 2018
Lol. The Food & Nutrition part got me laughing.

That part is either concocted or the management of her son's school is PECULIARLY retãrded and benighted.

'Cause cooking per se has NOTHING to do with the purported roles of the male child in a patriarchial society. The very fact that some of my sexist/chauvinistic/misogynistic classmates offered food and nutrition in high school goes to show how false and stupid that statement is. Or what about the fact that many a bachelor cooks his own food, nothwithstanding the fact that most of them are male chauvinists? This issue of "men don't cook" in a patriarchial society has a particular context in which it applies (MARRIAGE/MALE CHILDREN BEING EXEMPTED FROM KITCHEN WORK IN SEXIST FAMILIES, DURING THEIR UPBRINGING) and certainly has nothing to do with education, even among misogynists themselves.

So, the woman either made up that shiit or the counsellor is a peculiar kind of sexist morön---and an extremely stupid one.

As for scoring him zero in his essay, I'll say the teacher is either incompetent in the subject he teaches or the woman is saying absolute nonsense.

The following are usually considered when marking essays:

CONTENT

ORGANIZATION

EXPRESSION

MECHANICAL ACCURACY

So there's no way the teacher could have marked the boy wrong based on his own beliefs unless he's an extraordinary buffoon and an incompetent English Language teacher.

The topic of the essay, according to her, was "MY FAMILY", and the teacher couldn't have marked based on any issue he might have had with how the boy described roles IN HIS OWN FAMILY, unless..... yeah, you know, no more repetition. So, the boy must have performed woefully in the essay!

I agree that the society is stupid for telling us irritating shiit about "being a man" when women hit us---telling us not to hit back. That's some bullcrap. That kind of gender discrimination is one of the vices fuelling the opposition to the idea of gender equality.

And, while it's true that victim-blaming is inspired by patriarchy and misogyny, making fun of people and calling them names for preventing rape from occuring has no connection with gender conflict----it simply means those people are RAPISTS; criminals. It's the same way armed robbery, kidnapping etc has nothing to do either with patriarchy or feminism.

While patriarchy is an outdated stupid system that should be abolished, viewing everything through a feminist prism, forgetting that a great deal of societal elements exists outside of it, is nothing short of myopia and stupidity.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Am Older Than Him? Please Help / Men's Non Challant Attitude / A Kid With Watermelon Pants Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.