Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,434 members, 7,819,571 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:19 PM

Mourinho To Play Sanchez Vs Yeovil, Expects Mkhitaryan To Succeed At Arsenal - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mourinho To Play Sanchez Vs Yeovil, Expects Mkhitaryan To Succeed At Arsenal (465 Views)

"If You Feel Pressure, Stay At Home" - Jose Mourinho To Players / Valencia Apologises For 'liking' Instagram Post Calling For Mourinho To Go / First Pictures Of Henrikh Mkhitaryan In Arsenal Kit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mourinho To Play Sanchez Vs Yeovil, Expects Mkhitaryan To Succeed At Arsenal by solbase10(m): 4:18pm On Jan 25, 2018
Jose Mourinho has revealed that Alexis Sanchez could make his debut for Manchester United in their Emirates FA Cup fourth round away tie against Yeovil Town on Friday.

Sanchez moved from Arsenal to United a few days back while Henrikh Mkhitaryan moved in the opposite direction in a straight swap.
When asked if the Chilean would feature against Yeovil during his press conference on Thursday, Mourinho said: “We are going to rest a couple of players but we have to go with a very strong team.”

Speaking about Sanchez’s acquisition, Mourinho described the former Barcelona star as one of the best forward players who would be vital for United.
“He showed already the quality he has so we’ve got one of the best attacking players in the world. I think he’ll be very important for us because we want to have the best possible players.”

And commenting on the best position for Sanchez at United and what he will bring at the club, Mourinho said:“I saw him play on the right, the left, as a striker and behind the striker. I saw him play in different systems, I saw him successful in every country. He becomes more than a player because of that multi-functionality. He can play in four different positions.

“In big clubs, you have big players, competition and responsibilities – you have to try to go to every competition in a serious way. You cannot do that with 11 players, so the players at big clubs know that the squad is made of 20-something players where everybody wants to play and where there is space for everybody. Alexis is a very important addition for us. If the players are on the bench one day and they don’t like it, I’m happy with that.”

Following the departure of Mkhitaryan, Mourinho said the former Borussia Dortmund player will do well at Arsenal, while stating he does not regret he left.

Mourinho added: “I lost a fantastic player, Mr Wenger lost a fantastic player. I got a fantastic player, Mr Wenger got a fantastic player, so it was a great deal for everybody. I believe Micki is going to be even better than for us. Why? Because one-and-a-half years in England, adapted. Because of the way they play. That’s why I’m also happy for him.”

“Could he have performed better for us? Could I take more from his talent? Maybe. Could he also have given more to try to adapt to us? Maybe. But I don’t think regrets. In our history, he did important things for us, so a good feeling for everybody and a very specific transfer between two rivals in the same country is something that should happen more.”

And on rumours about Cristiano Ronaldo returning to United, Mourinho said: “Real Madrid is a club I care about, so I am the last one to add [to the] fire. To put some water on the fire, I would say Cristiano is the kind of player that everyone wants, but only one manager can have and only one club can have – Zidane and Real Madrid. That’s my feeling.”

Source:https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/mourinho-play-sanchez-vs-yeovil-expects-mkhitaryan-succeed-arsenal/

(1) (Reply)

PSG Star Neymar Celebrates 26th Birthday With Huge Birthday Bash (photos) / See What Nigerians Think About Super Eagles In The 2018 World Cup / Sports Presenter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.