Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,806 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:44 AM

This Igbo Bought land, Fenced it & Slowly Stocking His Ranch. Fulani Do Same - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / This Igbo Bought land, Fenced it & Slowly Stocking His Ranch. Fulani Do Same (2817 Views)

Sanwo-Olu To Establish 250-Hectare Cattle Ranch In Epe / Ogun To Set Up Cattle Ranch Soon - Governor Abiodun / John Godson's Pilgrim Ranch Loses N15m As Goats & Dogs Were Poisoned In Abia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Igbo Bought land, Fenced it & Slowly Stocking His Ranch. Fulani Do Same by Francis5: 9:43pm On Jan 25, 2018
Cattle production by private individual is what it is: a private business. Govt should not spend a dime in establishing ranch or colony for individuals using tax payers' money, or oil money obtained from elsewhere.

See this ranch, Pilgrim Ranch, in Abia State. The man is from Umuahia, but he went to Isuochi town in Abia State, bought land, fenced it, and is stocking it with animals. The cattle stocking is slow, but it's growing. The goat, pig and dog husbandry are quite advanced. The money used for all of these investments is his money; he may even have taken a loan; but even if he did, a loan is a loan: it must be paid back. Fulani should do same. In fact, they should come to this man for lessons on how to raise animals in the 21st century.

Indeed, he organizes lectures on modern animal husbandry and these lectures have taken place at Ibadan (IITA), Lagos, Enugu, PH, Abuja.

More here http://www.pilgrimranchnigeria.com/

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Please front page

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Igbo Bought land, Fenced it & Slowly Stocking His Ranch. Fulani Do Same by BUHARIISCURSED(m): 9:45pm On Jan 25, 2018
grin
Re: This Igbo Bought land, Fenced it & Slowly Stocking His Ranch. Fulani Do Same by Francis5: 9:45pm On Jan 25, 2018
He is practicing integrated livestock farm: pig, cattle, goat, chicken, dog etc

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Igbo Bought land, Fenced it & Slowly Stocking His Ranch. Fulani Do Same by 989900: 9:47pm On Jan 25, 2018
That's what I'm talking 'bout!

Buhari has a ranch, why can't he encourage his tribesmen to do the same?

6 Likes

Re: This Igbo Bought land, Fenced it & Slowly Stocking His Ranch. Fulani Do Same by Elukapendragon(m): 9:47pm On Jan 25, 2018
grin they want free land, God wee purnish that dullard from duara.... ass-hole indeed

5 Likes

Re: This Igbo Bought land, Fenced it & Slowly Stocking His Ranch. Fulani Do Same by Ofodirinwa: 9:48pm On Jan 25, 2018
as others have said those drug addicts aren't concerned with actual animal husbandry. They just like trekking and raping. If they can't trek and rape they don't see a purpose in life as their prospects for education are low.

So you're asking people to do something they're not equip to do mentally. They could have done this 1000 years ago but the thought didn't cross

3 Likes

Re: This Igbo Bought land, Fenced it & Slowly Stocking His Ranch. Fulani Do Same by Francis5: 9:49pm On Jan 25, 2018
More

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Igbo Bought land, Fenced it & Slowly Stocking His Ranch. Fulani Do Same by Francis5: 9:57pm On Jan 25, 2018
PART OF HIS LAND

3 Likes

Re: This Igbo Bought land, Fenced it & Slowly Stocking His Ranch. Fulani Do Same by Francis5: 9:58pm On Jan 25, 2018
The man and his goat grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: This Igbo Bought land, Fenced it & Slowly Stocking His Ranch. Fulani Do Same by papoudaupolos: 10:00pm On Jan 25, 2018
Every city fulani is doing same in the north since no 1 can't recall till date
Re: This Igbo Bought land, Fenced it & Slowly Stocking His Ranch. Fulani Do Same by Francis5: 10:02pm On Jan 25, 2018
He also rears dogs

5 Likes

Re: This Igbo Bought land, Fenced it & Slowly Stocking His Ranch. Fulani Do Same by Nobody: 10:04pm On Jan 25, 2018
No. Fulanis will want the state govts to surrender lands to them for free for their cattle because they are gods.
See how things are done properly by a civilized tribe. And the cattle bred this way are far better in meat and dairy quality than those fulanis own that must have trekked from futa jallon to akure, losing weight and contracting all forms of illness

5 Likes

Re: This Igbo Bought land, Fenced it & Slowly Stocking His Ranch. Fulani Do Same by Francis5: 10:04pm On Jan 25, 2018
He invites trained vets to his farm

4 Likes

Re: This Igbo Bought land, Fenced it & Slowly Stocking His Ranch. Fulani Do Same by Henry22(m): 10:06pm On Jan 25, 2018
I
Re: This Igbo Bought land, Fenced it & Slowly Stocking His Ranch. Fulani Do Same by Tolumiide: 10:11pm On Jan 25, 2018
one word challenge for this;
Inspiring.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Igbo Bought land, Fenced it & Slowly Stocking His Ranch. Fulani Do Same by Francis5: 10:14pm On Jan 25, 2018
He also produces and sells roasted meat from his livestock. Can anyone beat this?

5 Likes

Re: This Igbo Bought land, Fenced it & Slowly Stocking His Ranch. Fulani Do Same by fiizznation: 10:15pm On Jan 25, 2018
Ignorance at it's bliss. So rearing 2/3 cows is same thing as rearing herds of cattle? And who even told you guys that herdsmen dont ranch their cows? Something the herdsmen have been doing for thousands of years.

Gosh you commentators on this forum are Just so dumb and foolish.

Note: Don't know why i dislike pigs so mich. The are very disgusting. At your pictures @op, Just take a look at how those ugly piglets are munching their mother's breast, so so disgusting.
Re: This Igbo Bought land, Fenced it & Slowly Stocking His Ranch. Fulani Do Same by hoodmenconcept(m): 10:16pm On Jan 25, 2018
please, how can i get this man contact number.... help a man...

1 Like

Re: This Igbo Bought land, Fenced it & Slowly Stocking His Ranch. Fulani Do Same by Francis5: 10:18pm On Jan 25, 2018
fiizznation:
Ignorance at it's bliss. So rearing 2/3 cows is same thing as rearing herds of cattle? And who even told you guys that herdsmen dont ranch their cows? Something the herdsmen have been doing for thousands of years.

Gosh you commentators on this forum are Just so dumb and foolish.

You are foolish. He is rearing different animals and growing plants. His ranch is less than 3 years old and fast growing. Go to his website. In contrast, Fulani have been trecking with cattle for donkey years without a clue what to do to modernize their trade.

Fulani ranch cow and they still looking for free land in 36 states? Joker

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Igbo Bought land, Fenced it & Slowly Stocking His Ranch. Fulani Do Same by Francis5: 10:18pm On Jan 25, 2018
He also produces and sells roasted meat from his livestock. Can anyone beat this?

3 Likes

Re: This Igbo Bought land, Fenced it & Slowly Stocking His Ranch. Fulani Do Same by Francis5: 10:23pm On Jan 25, 2018
fiizznation:

Note: Don't know why i dislike pigs so mich. The are very disgusting. At your pictures @op, Just take a look at how those ugly piglets are munching their mother's breast, so so disgusting.

You are an irritating muslim. Pigs hate you too.

5 Likes

Re: This Igbo Bought land, Fenced it & Slowly Stocking His Ranch. Fulani Do Same by obaataaokpaewu: 10:24pm On Jan 25, 2018
Nice one. But there is nothing like Okigwe part of Abia State. Okigwe is in Imo State sharing border with some Abia State communities

3 Likes

Re: This Igbo Bought land, Fenced it & Slowly Stocking His Ranch. Fulani Do Same by fiizznation: 10:24pm On Jan 25, 2018
Francis5:

You are foolish. He is rearing different animals and growing plants. His ranch is less than 3 years old and fast growing. Go to his website. In contrast, Fulani have been trecking with cattle for donkey years

Fulani ranch cow and they still looking for free land in 36 states? Joker
Smh.... Cattle colonies are entirely different from ranching. Go figure
Re: This Igbo Bought land, Fenced it & Slowly Stocking His Ranch. Fulani Do Same by Francis5: 10:25pm On Jan 25, 2018
obaataaokpaewu:
Nice one. But there is nothing like Okigwe part of Abia State. Okigwe is in Imo State sharing border with some Abia State communities

I meant Isuikwuato area, formerly under Okigwe

1 Like

Re: This Igbo Bought land, Fenced it & Slowly Stocking His Ranch. Fulani Do Same by Francis5: 10:27pm On Jan 25, 2018
fiizznation:
Smh.... Cattle colonies are entirely different from ranching. Go figure

I don't care. They should go and do their colony in their own land using their own money. Period. Mentally incapacitated people who, after pastoralizing cows for 100s of years, have not built a single ranch, let alone a colony of ranches. Even if we allow it to happen, they will run it down in 2 years just like Buhari did Nigeria.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Igbo Bought land, Fenced it & Slowly Stocking His Ranch. Fulani Do Same by obaataaokpaewu: 10:27pm On Jan 25, 2018
Francis5:

I meant Isuikwuato area, formerly under Okigwe
Then Isuikwuato in Abia State. Are you still in 1990? tongue
Re: This Igbo Bought land, Fenced it & Slowly Stocking His Ranch. Fulani Do Same by Francis5: 10:34pm On Jan 25, 2018
obaataaokpaewu:
Then Isuikwuato in Abia State. Are you still in 1990? tongue
Dude read the post again. I know where Isuikwuato is. I never mentioned Imo in my post. Why is that so important to you of all the informative materials in this thread?

2 Likes

Re: This Igbo Bought land, Fenced it & Slowly Stocking His Ranch. Fulani Do Same by olatunjithomas(m): 10:36pm On Jan 25, 2018
this is beautiful.
Re: This Igbo Bought land, Fenced it & Slowly Stocking His Ranch. Fulani Do Same by obaataaokpaewu: 10:38pm On Jan 25, 2018
Francis5:

Dude read the post again. I know where Isuikwuato is. I never mentioned Imo in my post. Why is that so important to you of all the materials in this thread?
I have nothing against the post, you didn't mention Imo State but you mentioned a LG in Imo State. What I'm trying to say is that it would have been easier to type "Isuikwuato in Abia State than Okigwe part of Abia State "

1 Like

Re: This Igbo Bought land, Fenced it & Slowly Stocking His Ranch. Fulani Do Same by Nobody: 10:41pm On Jan 25, 2018
He is a good business man. There is a lot of money in animal breading. Everything will be recycled in that bush and lots of money will be made.
And to that Fulani herdsman up there typing in red, I am sure you are one of those short trouser wearing demons with long beard and a black mark of beast on your forehead. U are so pathetic. Why can't you go and tell your people to do even like these, this country would have not lost a lot of her citizens to idiots that believe they can do anything they like without any apologies.
Lalasticlala
Mynd44

7 Likes

Re: This Igbo Bought land, Fenced it & Slowly Stocking His Ranch. Fulani Do Same by Kenzico(m): 10:42pm On Jan 25, 2018
Chineke ga agozi Nwoke a!!!

Wow...truly inspiring but we are still looking for white collar jobs

3 Likes

Re: This Igbo Bought land, Fenced it & Slowly Stocking His Ranch. Fulani Do Same by Francis5: 10:43pm On Jan 25, 2018
obaataaokpaewu:
I have nothing against the post, you didn't mention Imo State but you mentioned a LG in Imo State. What I'm trying to say is that it would have been easier to type "Isuikwuato in Abia State than Okigwe part of Abia State "

Okay. Fact-checking myself again: the Ranch is actually located in Isuochi, Ummunneochi LGA, not Isuikwuato LGA

(1) (2) (Reply)

FG: Insecurity Has Not Affected Food Production Significantly Across Nigeria / Have U See This New Rearing Cages / Photos: Huge Python Goes Viral After Eating Sheep At A Farm In Australia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.