Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,851 members, 7,813,894 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:55 PM

When Your Husband & In-laws Are Scammers - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When Your Husband & In-laws Are Scammers (1616 Views)

My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me / When Your In-laws Are Not Happy Over The Arrival Your New Born Baby / My In-laws Are Making Me Get Tired OF MY Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Your Husband & In-laws Are Scammers by 9jaSuperWoman(f): 8:28am On Jan 26, 2018
I saw this post on Amanda Chisom's wall and I was shivering while reading it. How could people be sooooo mean and shameless, especially some so-called In-laws? My fear is that this woman may be killed by this her useless husband & in-laws in order to achieve their original plan. Here is the story:

Please keep my identity anonymous.
I have a family friend whose father was quite wealthy so he willed a lot of cash and landed properties to herself and her brothers. In addition to This, she's also very successful on her own. She's 36, owns a 5 bedroom duplex and runs a chain of grocery stores.
She got married in February of last year and her and her husband moved into this her well furnished mansion.

They had their first baby this month (January). Since her mom is overseas with her elder brother and his family, her mother in-law was the one that came for omugwo. The problem started last week. Her MIL Sat her down and started telling her it's wrong for a woman to own a house bla bla bla... that once a woman gets married, the house they live in automatically becomes the husband's house. That she's supposed to transfer ownership of the house to her husband since he's the man of the house.
She was furious, discussed it with the husband who agreed with his mom! "If you really love me, you'll let me be the man in this marriage. When i paid your bride price, i automatically paid for everything that came with you"...

She's actually considering doing this! I'm just furious!

Please what do you people think?

http://9jasuperwoman..com.ng/2018/01/when-your-husband-in-laws-are-scammers.html
Re: When Your Husband & In-laws Are Scammers by Nobody: 8:52am On Jan 26, 2018
nawa..........somehow he is right, if you buy a wife(slave)whatever she owns is yours. her family sold her into slavery
Re: When Your Husband & In-laws Are Scammers by BlackDBagba: 9:44am On Jan 26, 2018
grin
Re: When Your Husband & In-laws Are Scammers by 9jaSuperWoman(f): 10:26am On Jan 26, 2018
dammyloye:
nawa..........somehow he is right, if you buy a wife(slave)whatever she owns is yours. her family sold her into slavery

Why would he insist on she transferring the property to him? The guy and his mother are EVUL.

2 Likes

Re: When Your Husband & In-laws Are Scammers by keepingmum: 1:02pm On Jan 26, 2018
Golddigger family, properties hwr father worked for?? If the hisband and his mum want those type of properties the husband should work and acquire his own SEPARATELY just like his fil did afterall, he's a "man" like his fil

3 Likes

Re: When Your Husband & In-laws Are Scammers by ladycomfort(f): 1:37pm On Jan 26, 2018
Thieves everywhere cheesy

1 Like

Re: When Your Husband & In-laws Are Scammers by delpee(f): 12:00am On Jan 27, 2018
That's why in developed countries there's something called prenuptial agreement to avoid situations like this. If this is true, there's a chance that theres no love involved in this marriage. Sometimes it's difficult to blame rich families when they refuse to allow their children marry into poorer families. Situations like this aren't easy to deal with.

@Op
If you're sure of your facts, inform her family so they can guide her or find a way to hold on to their family property ( though willed to her). I fear for her life since it seems her in-laws are only after the money.

2 Likes

Re: When Your Husband & In-laws Are Scammers by baby124: 2:42am On Jan 27, 2018
LOL. Very funny. They must be all mad. Tell them that the property belongs to your children, that it is what is in your father’s will and not you. When your kids are married and have their own families, the property is to go to them. God will provide your husband and his own families property. Never will one naira to them. Just have all the kids you want, get your will in writing and be watching them. They obviously came in with a plan. The mother was only saying what the son asked her to say. Shameless idiots.LMAO. Awon I never chop.

2 Likes

Re: When Your Husband & In-laws Are Scammers by ImaIma1(f): 4:35pm On Jan 27, 2018
Someone will come and say she is not submissive and humble

3 Likes

Re: When Your Husband & In-laws Are Scammers by Sudokudon: 9:43pm On Jan 27, 2018
If the man isn't greedy, their bone of contention is unreasonable. Why should she automatically transfer everything from her name to his? Well, it is not a problem if she does but the idea shouldn't come from him at all.

Fortunately, they even have a child between them. So, why is he afraid? He actually must be a diamond digger.

Where my own ego might even come in is to say I can't stay in your house, you have to pack to mine but not insist to convert the house to mine...he is not even saying to ours but to mine. he is ole
Re: When Your Husband & In-laws Are Scammers by drnoel: 2:58am On Jan 28, 2018
9jaSuperWoman:
I saw this post on Amanda Chisom's wall and I was shivering while reading it. How could people be sooooo mean and shameless, especially some so-called In-laws? My fear is that this woman may be killed by this her useless husband & in-laws in order to achieve their original plan. Here is the story:

Please keep my identity anonymous.
I have a family friend whose father was quite wealthy so he willed a lot of cash and landed properties to herself and her brothers. In addition to This, she's also very successful on her own. She's 36, owns a 5 bedroom duplex and runs a chain of grocery stores.
She got married in February of last year and her and her husband moved into this her well furnished mansion.

They had their first baby this month (January). Since her mom is overseas with her elder brother and his family, her mother in-law was the one that came for omugwo. The problem started last week. Her MIL Sat her down and started telling her it's wrong for a woman to own a house bla bla bla... that once a woman gets married, the house they live in automatically becomes the husband's house. That she's supposed to transfer ownership of the house to her husband since he's the man of the house.
She was furious, discussed it with the husband who agreed with his mom! "If you really love me, you'll let me be the man in this marriage. When i paid your bride price, i automatically paid for everything that came with you"...

She's actually considering doing this! I'm just furious!

Please what do you people think?

http://9jasuperwoman..com.ng/2018/01/when-your-husband-in-laws-are-scammers.html

Tell her she is out of her senses if she attempts that. Tell her she will rot in hell for doing something so silly. Tell her if her husband loves her he will allow her be the person she is without attempts to belittle her efforts and make her less. If the husband wants a house he should build his own.

2 Likes

Re: When Your Husband & In-laws Are Scammers by Seahawk: 5:52am On Jan 28, 2018
Only the things they acquired together in the marriage belongs to them. Both of them. Not him alone. The stuff she had before marrying him belongs to her. She can add him to any property as a co-owner not sole owner. That’s If she wants to.
Her mother in law is useless. Stupid woman.
Re: When Your Husband & In-laws Are Scammers by Day169: 3:19pm On Jan 28, 2018
Say your piece and move on Sis!
..though she may live to regret her actions.
If the thought to transfer the ownership of the house had come from her, it may have been different but the moment I read that it was her MIL's idea, I sensed it was all over.
Re: When Your Husband & In-laws Are Scammers by MIKOLOWISKA: 7:33pm On Jan 28, 2018
She has enter one chance
This is what happens when you marry out of desperation
Re: When Your Husband & In-laws Are Scammers by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jan 28, 2018
Hahahaha scammers. Lolz people are shameless in this country oh. Jesus, she should have advised her son to kill her so he could inherit the property nah, fvcked up family...Family of goats...
Re: When Your Husband & In-laws Are Scammers by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jan 28, 2018
ImaIma1:
Someone will come and say she is not submissive and humble

Hahahaha you no go kill me... grin

(1) (Reply)

Can You Take This As A Working Class Woman? / Horror Themed Pre Wedding Photos / Please Can Marrying Into An Osu Family Really Be Bad?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.