Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,206 members, 7,829,318 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:53 AM

DMGS: The Oldest Secondary School In Igboland (Then And Now Pictures) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / DMGS: The Oldest Secondary School In Igboland (Then And Now Pictures) (48218 Views)

CMS Grammar School Celebrates 160th Anniversary, Nigeria Oldest Secondary School / 108 Oldest Secondary Schools In Nigeria / 108 Oldest Secondary Schools In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DMGS: The Oldest Secondary School In Igboland (Then And Now Pictures) by bugidon(m): 8:09am On Jan 27, 2018
I rep bonitas grin

1 Like

Re: DMGS: The Oldest Secondary School In Igboland (Then And Now Pictures) by rexesq(m): 8:11am On Jan 27, 2018
the then pictures looked as a grammar school. the now pictures look like an English school. that's the difference!
Re: DMGS: The Oldest Secondary School In Igboland (Then And Now Pictures) by winfy11(m): 8:11am On Jan 27, 2018
Good work
Re: DMGS: The Oldest Secondary School In Igboland (Then And Now Pictures) by seguno2: 8:13am On Jan 27, 2018
hornyofife:
Some of its notable alumni include

Andrew W. Mellon, Professor of African history Harvard University.

Are you sure about this?
Please double check.
Re: DMGS: The Oldest Secondary School In Igboland (Then And Now Pictures) by Amarabae(f): 8:14am On Jan 27, 2018
Watch how the inferiority complexed people will come and start comparism now.
Anything Igbo is a threat to them

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: DMGS: The Oldest Secondary School In Igboland (Then And Now Pictures) by 1clickng(f): 8:14am On Jan 27, 2018
History history book, one of the best school

10 Sure Games You Can Predict Correctly THis weekend
http://anstalk.com/updated-predictions-10-sure-games/

1 Like

Re: DMGS: The Oldest Secondary School In Igboland (Then And Now Pictures) by RESPECTnoble: 8:14am On Jan 27, 2018
Lux fiat.

Umu Onitsha

Great school.

1 Like

Re: DMGS: The Oldest Secondary School In Igboland (Then And Now Pictures) by Freeman50(m): 8:17am On Jan 27, 2018
Lux Fiat!

1 Like

Re: DMGS: The Oldest Secondary School In Igboland (Then And Now Pictures) by Diso60090(m): 8:18am On Jan 27, 2018
igbo get land
Re: DMGS: The Oldest Secondary School In Igboland (Then And Now Pictures) by PearlStreet(m): 8:22am On Jan 27, 2018
Amarabae:
Watch how the inferiority complexed people will come and start comparism now.
Anything Igbo is a threat to them

You're a married woman and a certain level of decorum is expected of you. To come online by 8am in the morning to be stoking embers of division and tribalism shows the kind of wife you are, the training your parents gave to you and the home you're presently mis-building.

This is a beautiful thread, don't pollute it with your atrocious manners.

To the topic, that building represents a lot of good things. Solid architecture, quality education, affordable fees and genuine missionaries. Not the religious charlatans building schools today that look like shops and charging extortionate fees to produce low quality graduates.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: DMGS: The Oldest Secondary School In Igboland (Then And Now Pictures) by chalsixtus(m): 8:24am On Jan 27, 2018
seguno2:

Are you sure about this?
Please double check.

Alright afonga spotted
Re: DMGS: The Oldest Secondary School In Igboland (Then And Now Pictures) by toprealman: 8:24am On Jan 27, 2018
enemmo:
Nice post Op.

I read about the school in Eze goes to college.

I prefer the old building with flowers and all.

Modernization has its up and down sides.
I am with you. Interlocking madness vs green space. The whites are no fools.....old pics too oyibo-like
Re: DMGS: The Oldest Secondary School In Igboland (Then And Now Pictures) by Nobody: 8:26am On Jan 27, 2018
DMGS? Isn't that the school that produced the first Nigerian Commonwealth Games gold medalist Emmanuel Ifeajuna(later one of the "5 Majors" of the 1966 putsch infamy)? I think I once read about it on account of the man called "Toronto".

1 Like

Re: DMGS: The Oldest Secondary School In Igboland (Then And Now Pictures) by Nobody: 8:27am On Jan 27, 2018
Beautiful! I am particularly impressed by the level of maintenance from years past. Kudos to everyone who put in effort through the years to effectively manage the school structure-wise.

7 Likes

Re: DMGS: The Oldest Secondary School In Igboland (Then And Now Pictures) by bewla(m): 8:27am On Jan 27, 2018
sekxyqueen:
wow..thought is CKC
the new. struggle to keep up with old walahi
Re: DMGS: The Oldest Secondary School In Igboland (Then And Now Pictures) by ebk10(m): 8:32am On Jan 27, 2018
My alma mater , Dennis memorial grammar school

Had both bitter and sweet memories there

LUX FIAT

3 Likes

Re: DMGS: The Oldest Secondary School In Igboland (Then And Now Pictures) by Livefreeordieha(m): 8:33am On Jan 27, 2018
PearlStreet:

You're a married woman and a certain level of decorum is expected of you. To come online by 8am in the morning to be stoking embers of division and tribalism shows the kind of wife you are, the training your parents gave to you and the home you're presently mis-building.

To the topic, that building represents a lot of good things. Solid architecture, quality education, affordable fees and genuine missionaries. Not the religious charlatans building schools today that look like shops and charging extortionate fees to produce low quality graduates.
not every woman is a wife or a mother take note...U said it well to her but sadly her husband might be even worse same could also pass for her kindreds and associates.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: DMGS: The Oldest Secondary School In Igboland (Then And Now Pictures) by FUCKU: 8:35am On Jan 27, 2018
sekxyqueen:
wow..thought is CKC
you live in aba?
Re: DMGS: The Oldest Secondary School In Igboland (Then And Now Pictures) by AFONJAPIG(m): 8:37am On Jan 27, 2018
I have seen the reasons Igbo's are ahead of their counterparts in everything... Just check this pix below

3 Likes

Re: DMGS: The Oldest Secondary School In Igboland (Then And Now Pictures) by nonut: 8:39am On Jan 27, 2018
Dengram we sing to you, Lux fiat
Dengram we bring to you, faith untold.
You challenged and inspired,
Your hope is our desire
We sing to you our Alma mater
Lux fiat.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: DMGS: The Oldest Secondary School In Igboland (Then And Now Pictures) by kapai(m): 8:40am On Jan 27, 2018
Those days my cousin would read the acronym"DMGS"as Does Monkey Goes to School and that always get me annoyed .But now realised that it's only dengram worthp capable of turning monkey to genius

4 Likes

Re: DMGS: The Oldest Secondary School In Igboland (Then And Now Pictures) by AFONJAPIG(m): 8:40am On Jan 27, 2018
why I'm not seeing Brown roof around the vicinity gbenga , shegun, bimbo, olayinka are you guys seeing what I'm seeing

1 Like

Re: DMGS: The Oldest Secondary School In Igboland (Then And Now Pictures) by Cfm1(m): 8:41am On Jan 27, 2018
wow
Re: DMGS: The Oldest Secondary School In Igboland (Then And Now Pictures) by sinola(m): 8:41am On Jan 27, 2018
evesogodo:
Lux fiat

show the light....a bum. nwa maazi
Re: DMGS: The Oldest Secondary School In Igboland (Then And Now Pictures) by Amarabae(f): 8:41am On Jan 27, 2018
PearlStreet:

When you pay them in their coin, they come and try to be civil.
Don't come to my mention and talk crap.
Am a tough feminist,dont think that I am the type you can be bully online.
I am like naaked wire, ruggedly IGBOTIC.
Iron lady.
deal with it.
Tribalism is the weapon that our enemies have used against Igbos for years, we must use it against them.
So #BURN.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: DMGS: The Oldest Secondary School In Igboland (Then And Now Pictures) by ebig21(m): 8:43am On Jan 27, 2018
I schooled there, Dengram we sing to you, lux fiat(2x) when someone says lux fiat you reply show the light

1 Like

Re: DMGS: The Oldest Secondary School In Igboland (Then And Now Pictures) by hugoboss36(m): 8:43am On Jan 27, 2018
Representing Stanley House..Lux Fiat

1 Like

Re: DMGS: The Oldest Secondary School In Igboland (Then And Now Pictures) by bakynes(m): 8:44am On Jan 27, 2018
AFONJAPIG:
I have seen the reasons Igbo's are ahead of their counterparts in everything... Just check this pix below
In what way? The first of most things the Missionaries established in Nigeria was built in Western Nigeria so what is your point? The first school was built in Western Nigeria. The Western regional government built the first University,first TV station etc. So what exactly is your point?

2 Likes

Re: DMGS: The Oldest Secondary School In Igboland (Then And Now Pictures) by hugoboss36(m): 8:44am On Jan 27, 2018
ebig21:
I schooled there,
Dengram we sing to you, lux fiat(2x)
when someone says lux fiat you reply show the light
..Presently 'lux fiat..lux fiat'..
Re: DMGS: The Oldest Secondary School In Igboland (Then And Now Pictures) by USAbabe(f): 8:45am On Jan 27, 2018
Amarabae:

When you pay them in their coin, they come and try to be civil.
Don't come to my mention and talk crap.
Am a tough feminist,dont think that I am the type you can be bully online.
I am like naaked wire, ruggedly IGBOTIC.
Iron lady.
deal with it.
Tribalism is the weapon that our enemies have used against Igbos for years, we must use it against them.
So #BURN.

yea give it to them

2 Likes

Re: DMGS: The Oldest Secondary School In Igboland (Then And Now Pictures) by olowobaba10: 8:45am On Jan 27, 2018
IF YOU READ EZE GOES TO SCHOOL, I WONDER WHAT YOU ARE DOING HERE ON NAIRA LAND INSTEAD OF ATTENDING TO YOUR GRAND CHILDREN grin , JUST JOKING!
enemmo:
Nice post Op.

I read about the school in Eze goes to college.

I prefer the old building with flowers and all.

Modernization has its up and down sides.

3 Likes

Re: DMGS: The Oldest Secondary School In Igboland (Then And Now Pictures) by steppin: 8:48am On Jan 27, 2018
Livefreeordieha:
not every woman is a wife or a mother take note...U said it well to her but sadly her husband might be even worse same could also pass for her kindreds and associates.
You guys sound pained. She just pointed out the obvious.
If this thread had made the front page in a week day, y'all be all over the thread posting thrash about it.
I'm sure you're lurking around waiting for a reason to post the trash she said you would do.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

UNILAG Students Chilling After Their Arrest At Their Convocation (Photos) / Unizik Postgraduate Result Out / 2019 Best 50 Polytechnic In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.