Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,575 members, 7,816,417 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:54 AM

Owolabi Ajasa Reveals How He Got Into NYSC Camp Despite Being Over 30 - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Owolabi Ajasa Reveals How He Got Into NYSC Camp Despite Being Over 30 (1497 Views)

Owolabi Ajasa Completes His NYSC, Shows Off His Certificate / Owolabi Ajasa The Corper In His NYSC Uniform (More Photos) / Owolabi Ajasa Is A Corper. Spotted At NYSC Kogi Orientation Camp (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Owolabi Ajasa Reveals How He Got Into NYSC Camp Despite Being Over 30 by AmicableEd: 7:03pm On Jan 26, 2018
Popular Yoruba movie actor, Owolabi Ajasa, surprised many of his fans when he shared photos of himself at the mandatory National Youth Service in Kogi State.

The star actor who has featured in various Yoruba movies, shared a picture from the orientation camp with the caption, “Tank God… I achieved My aim.. Glory be to God.. Kogi NYSC orientation camp…”

In this exclusive chat with Kemi Filani Blog, Owolabi Ajasa who completed his Higher National Diploma course from Moshood Abiola Polytechnic in Abeokuta last year, described his camp experience thus:

My life on camp is going on smoothly. I enjoy it and I don’t get any preferential treatment. There is a saying that when you get to Rome, behave like the Romans and that is what i’m doing. I wake up with others everyday by 4am after which we get matched by soldiers to the parade ground..I also join my fellow corps members in receiving lectures. I don’t prove too big or anything, i join them in queuing up for food for breakfast, lunch & Dinner. We started a football competition today and I joined. There was even a time I wanted to go & meet someone @ mami market.. A very young soldier stopped me. He said I should do all what we have been taught so far at the parade ground and when i did as instructed, he let me go.”

On relating with his fellow corps members, he said

“Many of my fellow corps members always want to take photos and selfies with me when they see me and i often oblige them, i flow well with them’

On how he was able to get into camp despite the age 30 boundary for NYSC

I actually didn’t experience any hackles or have to lie about my age, you can serve anytime, depending on the time you graduated. I finished from school last year and my name made it to the list of graduates to partake in the NYSC.

Revealing why he went to school and participated in the NYSC programme despite his age, he said

In My family especially from my Father’s side, nobody graduated & I believe something is behind it, could be financial or spiritual, anyhow and that is why i decided to break the jinx and God indeed helped me to. I was very excited and happy when the dream finally came through. Though, is not new thing with other people but to me & My family, it is the first some one will graduate and serve the nation.

On how he was successfully able to complete school despite his busy schedule on movie locations, he said
“I had to suspend one for another and take a break from acting. Film industry is for life but not so with going to School. Now that I’m done with School, I am returning back fully with packaging to the film industry.”

https://www.kemifilani.com/2018/01/owolabi-ajasa-exclusively-tells-kemi-filani-blog-experience-kogi-nysc-camp.html

cc @lalasticalala

Re: Owolabi Ajasa Reveals How He Got Into NYSC Camp Despite Being Over 30 by doyinisaac(m): 7:08pm On Jan 26, 2018
Congratulations..
Re: Owolabi Ajasa Reveals How He Got Into NYSC Camp Despite Being Over 30 by femolacqua(m): 7:14pm On Jan 26, 2018
Congrats
Re: Owolabi Ajasa Reveals How He Got Into NYSC Camp Despite Being Over 30 by AmicableEd: 7:29pm On Jan 26, 2018
yes o

femolacqua:
Congrats

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Buy And Sell Goods, Services And Products On Shop2taste.com / Tiwa Savage Ft Wizkid 'malo' Wins The Best Collabo Of The Year At 12th Headies18 / Ali Baba Recreates Photo Carrying A Lady After Many Years Ago

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.