Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,132 members, 7,825,554 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 05:39 PM

Wife Material - Africans Mindset - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Wife Material - Africans Mindset (1966 Views)

When you want a Slave In The Name Of Wife Material. / Akwa Ibom Lady Frying Garri & Everyone Is Calling Her Wife Material / Is She A Wife Material? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wife Material - Africans Mindset by Nellychinma20(f): 2:29pm On Jan 27, 2018
Hello FAM !!!!!!!!!!!!
wink kiss kiss
If u will attack me please go to the mechanic village and collect your own hello.
grin grin grin grin
I must start by telling u that I'm allergic to insults.
Just recovered from verbal assault which kept me in bed for 2 weeks .
Dr said I should stay away from any sort of verbal or emotional assault .Thanks
Let's discuss the weirdest test we have been put through just to see the kind of husband/wife material u are .
Leggooooooo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Wife Material - Africans Mindset by Gourdoinc(m): 2:33pm On Jan 27, 2018
dear nurse,

what are we to discuss on this topic you have posted. you didn't ask any question. maybe u should rephrase your topic.

also once bitten twice shy, being on the hospital bed due to insults will definitely make you immune to mine if it comes, my doctor recommended it for me .
Re: Wife Material - Africans Mindset by Nellychinma20(f): 2:38pm On Jan 27, 2018
Yesterday a friend of mine (Chioma) discussed how her fiancé took her to see his family .
When she arrived ,the mum just sat outside like nothing new was happening. embarassed embarassed while his sister (uche) was watching TV .
After sometimes the Guy's sister who she's obviously older than walked up to her and this ensured
Uche: mama asked u to help her wash her cloths ,its at the backyard.
Chioma:No problem, let's go and wash it together
Uche: no!!!,mama said u should wash it alone .
shocked shocked shocked
Mind you,this is the first time she's visiting the family .
Her guy didn't utter a single word
She jejely carried her handbag, stepped out ,greeted His mum and walked out .
Later in the day the guy called and was saying all manner of things .
Kai!!!! Na correct slap me for give that guy . grin grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wife Material - Africans Mindset by Nellychinma20(f): 2:39pm On Jan 27, 2018
Gourdoinc:
dear nurse,

what are we to discuss on this topic you have posted. you didn't ask any question. maybe u should rephrase your topic.

also once bitten twice shy, being on the hospital bed due to insults will definitely make you immune to mine if it comes, my doctor recommended it for me .
I said "let's discuss, like share your experience"
Re: Wife Material - Africans Mindset by Nellychinma20(f): 2:47pm On Jan 27, 2018
Growing up
My grandma took it upon herself to tell me that I MUST be someone's wife some day undecided undecided
Nnenna don't sit down while washing!!!!!
Sit like a woman !!!
Don't step outside without permission!!!!
Don't talk when ur brothers are !!!!!!
While the boys are playing, help out in the kitchen !!!
Don't argue!!!
Wash !!!
Sweep!!!!
Clean !!!!
Cook!!!!!
Shut up ,u complain too much !!!!
Don't u know u are a girl !!!!!!!
U shouldn't be heard!!!!!!!
Obey the last order !!!! cry cry
That's the mindset I grew up having about being a girl but thank God I'm liberated at last grin grin
But is that really true ?

4 Likes

Re: Wife Material - Africans Mindset by Gourdoinc(m): 2:48pm On Jan 27, 2018
Nellychinma20:
I said "let's discuss, like share your experience"
a wife material for an African man is traditionally centered on "submission " to him. that being said, there is nothing like and African man. we rather have African men, whom differ in their tastes in a woman. some love a feisty woman, some love a quiet woman, some love a woman who is from the village, some prefer the city types. all in all these are some qualities men here love in women.

(1) we value a submissive woman, most here aren't fans of the feminist type of woman. it's a total turn off.
(2) we value a woman who is domestically good, great cook, good home manager, great with kids etc.

(3) on a good day, many would have preferred a house wife, but conditions in Nigeria today doesn't support that, thus we are OK with a working class lady, If not working at least have a hustle.

(4) we love sex alot. we love a woman who is adaptive and adventurous in bed with us, that being said, we loathe a loose woman for a partner. we are selfish that way. we hate when we love the whoree.

(5) a wife material must not be a slay mama, she should be a builder of everything, from her home, to her marriage, to their kids.

does that answer your question abit.

PS: we hate feminists

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wife Material - Africans Mindset by Gourdoinc(m): 2:49pm On Jan 27, 2018
Nellychinma20:
Growing up
My grandma took it upon herself to tell me that I MUST be someone's wife some day undecided undecided
Sit like a woman !!!
Don't argue!!!
Wash !!!
Sweep!!!!
Clean !!!!
Cook!!!!!
That's the mindset I grew up having about being a girl but thank God I'm liberated at last grin grin
how were you liberated?
Re: Wife Material - Africans Mindset by Nellychinma20(f): 2:53pm On Jan 27, 2018
grin cheesy cheesy hmmmmmmmm
Interesting
So a lady with all these qualities is the perfect wife material for u .
Na expensive lace your eyes dey grin cheesy wink
Gourdoinc:
a wife material for an African man is traditionally centered on "submission " to him. that being said, there is nothing like and African man. we rather have African men, whom differ in their tastes in a woman. some love a feisty woman, some love a quiet woman, some love a woman who is from the village, some prefer the city types. all in all these are some qualities men here love in women.

(1) we value a submissive woman, most here aren't fans of the feminist type of woman. it's a total turn off.
(2) we value a woman who is domestically good, great cook, good home manager, great with kids etc.

(3) on a good day, many would have preferred a house wife, but conditions in Nigeria today doesn't support that, thus we are OK with a working class lady, If not working at least have a hustle.

(4) we love sex alot. we love a woman who is adaptive and adventurous in bed with us, that being said, we loathe a loose woman for a partner. we are selfish that way. we hate when we love the whoree.

(5) a wife material must not be a slay mama, she should be a builder of everything, from her home, to her marriage, to their kids.

does that answer your question abit.

PS: we hate feminists
Re: Wife Material - Africans Mindset by Gourdoinc(m): 2:57pm On Jan 27, 2018
Nellychinma20:
grin cheesy cheesy hmmmmmmmm
Interesting
So a lady with all these qualities is the perfect wife material for u .
Na expensive lace your eyes dey grin cheesy wink
there is nothing like perfect wife. there is only an accepted wife. the perfect person is a myth. it doesn't exist.

you either live with the choice in person you made while accepting all their flaws, or you leave the choice you made because you couldn't accept all their flaws.

that's why its very very wise to choose wisely before u hitch him/her to the altar.

1 Like

Re: Wife Material - Africans Mindset by Proudlyblack(f): 10:34pm On Jan 27, 2018
Nellychinma20:
Yesterday a friend of mine (Chioma) discussed how her fiancé took her to see his family .
When she arrived ,the mum just sat outside like nothing new was happening. embarassed embarassed while his sister (uche) was watching TV .
After sometimes the Guy's sister who she's obviously older than walked up to her and this ensured
shocked shocked shocked
Your friend did well as she walked out. What you can't end don't start it

Like she didn't leave they could have turn her into a slave all in the name of wife material

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wife Material - Africans Mindset by ImaIma1(f): 5:34am On Jan 28, 2018
The family has no respect for people. I can't marry into that kind of family.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wife Material - Africans Mindset by Nellychinma20(f): 8:32am On Jan 28, 2018
grin
Uuuummmmm
What if she waited till she's married into the family before showing them pepper
grin grin grin
That's the sweetest revenge u know
Proudlyblack:

Your friend did well as she walked out. What you can't end don't start it

Like she didn't leave they could have turn her into a slave all in the name of wife material
Re: Wife Material - Africans Mindset by onegig(m): 9:25am On Jan 28, 2018
Gourdoinc:

No wonder we are replicating dumb kids in their millions . When you have a yes woman at home. The husband is the only brain thinking and making decisions when basic common sense shows that 2 heads thinking through a thing is better than one. If this was your understanding, men would go for articulate women not the dumb ones. Isn't it ironic that your partner is dumb and can't even hold a discussion without you spoonfeeding her and you call yourself a man? What does it do to your ego that you sleep and cuddle with someone who has no say or self esteem? Must be pretty depressing to be that man.

As for the second. Any grown up adult that cannot cook, clean after him or herself or do basic household chores like washing plates or cleaning up the environment is not fit to be called a functional human being. So if your idea of a good woman is one who does all the alabaru work while you cross your leg and watch TV then you need help. That's not African or whatever. You are a zombie. Maybe you are more manly than soldiers in sambisa who cook and clean up after themselves or they also take their wives to the battlefront to come help them lay their beds and clean their plates?

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wife Material - Africans Mindset by Nobody: 9:51am On Jan 28, 2018
It seems the more advanced we got the more divided we became in the 90s things were cool now it's just battle of the sexes all day long.
Re: Wife Material - Africans Mindset by MIKOLOWISKA: 9:13pm On Jan 28, 2018
Nellychinma20:
Growing up
Sit like a woman !!!
Don't argue!!!
Wash !!!
Sweep!!!!
Clean !!!!
Cook!!!!!
Are you married
Do you want to be married Or liberated
Choose one

Re: Wife Material - Africans Mindset by MIKOLOWISKA: 9:22pm On Jan 28, 2018
onegig:
No wonder we are replicating dumb kids in their millions . When you have a yes woman at home. The husband is the only brain thinking and making decisions when basic common sense shows that 2 heads thinking through a thing is better than one. If this was your understanding, men would go for articulate women not the dumb ones. Isn't it ironic that your partner is dumb and can't even hold a discussion without you spoonfeeding her and you call yourself a man? What does it do to your ego that you sleep and cuddle with someone who has no say or self esteem? Must be pretty depressing to be that man.

As for the second. Any grown up adult that cannot cook, clean after him or herself or do basic household chores like washing plates or cleaning up the environment is not fit to be called a functional human being. So if your idea of a good woman is one who does all the alabaru work while you cross your leg and watch TV then you need help. That's not African or whatever. You are a zombie. Maybe you are more manly than soldiers in sambisa who cook and clean up after themselves or they also take their wives to the battlefront to come help them lay their beds and clean their plates?
but the same woman wants the man to house and feed her and her offspring for the next 40 to 50 years. Nonsense. If you don't want to marry it's not by force o

1 Like

Re: Wife Material - Africans Mindset by Nobody: 9:23pm On Jan 28, 2018
Nellychinma20:
shocked shocked shocked

I laughed a lot.Thanks alot, God bless you. I haven't laughed in two weeks...

1 Like

Re: Wife Material - Africans Mindset by MIKOLOWISKA: 9:24pm On Jan 28, 2018
pcguru1:
It seems the more advanced we got the more divided we became in the 90s things were cool now it's just battle of the sexes all day long.
it's only battle when you pretend during courtship

2 Likes

Re: Wife Material - Africans Mindset by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jan 28, 2018
Nellychinma20:
Hello FAM !!!!!!!!!!!!
wink kiss kiss
If u will attack me please go to the mechanic village and collect your own hello.
grin grin grin grin
I must start by telling u that I'm allergic to insults.
Just recovered from verbal assault which kept me in bed for 2 weeks .
Dr said I should stay away from any sort of verbal or emotional assault .Thanks
Let's discuss the weirdest test we have been put through just to see the kind of husband/wife material u are .
Leggooooooo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you're really funny
Re: Wife Material - Africans Mindset by onegig(m): 10:37pm On Jan 28, 2018
MIKOLOWISKA:
but the same woman wants the man to house and feed her and her offspring for the next 40 to 50 years. Nonsense. If you don't want to marry it's not by force o

Does dependency really seem sexy to you?

I would find any lady depending on me totally a lot repulsive. There's that alluring feeling to people who can stand on their own. At least I know if i am away the kids have a more than capable hand to take care of things not a woman who would have to wait for me to come drop money for ordinary maggi. No one needs to even tell a lady to work nowadays. Income inequality, high inflation, chronic capitalism is already changing the narrative. Fact is around 80% of families would barely survive if the mothers weren't bringing in any sort of income be it through petty trading, blue or white collar jobs.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wife Material - Africans Mindset by MIKOLOWISKA: 10:56pm On Jan 28, 2018
onegig:

Does dependency really seem sexy to you?
Define dependent

I would find any lady depending on me totally a lot repulsive.
One man's meat
You cannot force your opinion on others

There's that alluring feeling to people who can stand on their own.

Make she marry herself na since she no need me
Me I need cook cleaner and baby maker
If she not interfere there are plenty of fuckboys outside
At least I know if i am away the kids have a more than capable hand to take care of things not a woman who would have to wait for me to come drop money for ordinary maggi.
Why you sef no budget for Maggi

No one needs to even tell a lady to work nowadays. Income inequality,
It's a myth

high inflation,
Whose fault

chronic capitalism
There is no chronic in capitalism just lots of lazy ppl

is already changing the narrative
It is sjw that are changing the narrativ
Didn't work in Russia or China
Will not work now or in the future

. Fact is around 80% of families barely survive if the mothers weren't bringing in any sort of income be it through petty trading, blue or white collar jobs.
Who beg dem to be nacking without condom
Re: Wife Material - Africans Mindset by onegig(m): 11:13pm On Jan 28, 2018
MIKOLOWISKA:

Define dependent

One man's meat
You cannot force your opinion on others

Make she marry herself na since she no need me
Me I need cook cleaner and baby maker
If she not interfere there are plenty of fuckboys outside

Why you sef no budget for Maggi

It's a myth

Whose fault

There is no chronic in capitalism just lots of lazy ppl

It is sjw that are changing the narrativ
Didn't work in Russia or China
Will not work now or in the future

Who beg dem to be nacking without condom

Good luck to you. I wish the girl who would get hitched to you a lot of luck. As for the rest of your diatribe the bolded just showed how narrow you are thinking.

Yeah people can lift themselves out of poverty in your dreamy world. Guess you can pull yourself up by your boot strings? Maybe we put you up to it? Ain't it?

Lol...I had to smh at your total lack of depth. Poor people are poor because they are lazy? Like wtf? Tell that to a lumber who cuts up timber under the heavy sun that he is lazy. or the numerous people who walk the length and breadth of cities with heavy load on their heads hawking goods that they are lazy and that's why they are poor.

If that goes way above your head maybe we make it into a layman's analogy prolly you would get it this time.

I have N1000 i do a biz and make some efforts . I make a return on investment of 10%. That's N100 profit.

Dangote's son invests 1billion naira and put in same efforts. He makes a 10% return. That's 100 million naira. For the same effort and time spent.

I guess i am still lazy?

Not to derail the thread. Go to the markets or your corner shop , go to government offices and even go to private institutions . The ratio of women to men is almost 60:40. I guess all these women are imaginary and they don't have families they are currently supporting no matter how small. Good luck and good night.I am past my bedtime. grin

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wife Material - Africans Mindset by MIKOLOWISKA: 11:28pm On Jan 28, 2018
onegig:

Good luck to you. I wish the girl who would get hitched to you a lot of luck. As for the rest of your diatribe the bolded just showed how narrow you are thinking.
Marriage should not be left to luck
Put your cards on the table
Deceit is what scatters marriage
Pretending to cook in order to get ring is stupidity of highest order

Yeah people can lift themselves out of poverty in your dreamy world. Guess you can pull
yourself up by your boot strings? Maybe we put you up to it? Ain't it?
Yes they can
They just don't want it bad enough
Truth is bitter
Guy without arms or legs making mone
What's their excuse

Lol...I had to smh at your total lack of depth.
Normal
for ignorant person who thinks his father's farm is largest

Poor people are poor because they are lazy? Like wtf? Tell that to a lumber who cuts up timber under the heavy sun that he is lazy

Who beg am
Why he no get chain saw or bigger
o right because it's difficult
Making money is not easy
That's why so few do
UHey give up at slightest challenge
Definition of laziness please read dictionary meaning
You ppl think it's an insult
I used to
Read
Expand your mind
. or the numerous people who walk the length and breadth of cities with heavy load on their heads hawking goods that they are lazy and that's why they are poor.
They enjoy the sufferhead
They lazy to use their brains to find better way
Refuse to make sacrifice

If that goes way above your head maybe we make it into a layman's analogy prolly you would get it this time.

I have N1000 i do a biz and make some efforts . I make a return on investment of 10%. That's N100 profit.

Dangote's son invests 1billion naira and put in same efforts. He makes a 10% return. That's 100 million naira. For the same effort and time spent.
[/
I guess i am still lazy?
Very lazy
You refuse to think like dangote and you are not putting the same effort or you think the billion fell from heaven
Besides why don't you collect one billion from your father if e easy
You're risking 1k he's risking a billion
You think dangote sleeps as much as you while monitoring all said business
Be fooling yourself

Not to derail the thread. Go to the markets or your corner shop , go to government offices and even go to private institutions . The ratio of women to men is almost 60:40. I guess all these women are imaginary and they don't have families they are currently supporting no matter how small.
What's your poinT
This is what directionless diatribe looks like

Good luck and good night.I am past my bedtime. grin
Yeah
Run away since you know you're talking rubbish
Re: Wife Material - Africans Mindset by wane01(m): 6:56pm On Jan 29, 2018
pcguru1:
hello bro I need to contact you on WhatsApp for a job ....
can u send ur WhatsApp number through an email to me ASAP
Re: Wife Material - Africans Mindset by LebenNG: 8:53am On Jul 15, 2020
MIKOLOWISKA:
Listen up, you men value lineage more than women, if women too gang up against you men the way you men gangup against women by laying down stringent, unreasinable and slavery tendencies towards women, we won't be having rhis discussion.

Women are not bothered about lineage its we men....You fear the growth of feminists around the world because its a threat to your over-rubbed egos over the years.

Any little thing, you insult a woman who speaks up on her right to be respected and heard as a marital failure. All that guilt-gripping don't work anymore these days.

Children matters much to us, because we want our lineage carried on, so why the hell do you make it look like its the woman that can not do without marriage and children?, when she bears those children, does she give them her name? is it not yours?. Women listen up better get a job or be enterprising. These men will still come out and call you lazy and gold diggers, so what's the gain?,Our mothers were not given opportunities we have now because then, many never had access to education, good jobs and identity. These Boy-men saw the way their mothers were treated, so they grow up with that same warped mentality and expect every woman to be their mother. When a woman speaks her truth she is a feminist. No wonder when our black girls marry white folks, black niggas cry like babies, thats sad. We men should be careful we sin everyday, yet when it comes to women natters we conveniently know all the passages in the bible concerning wife submission. Double standard. When we gather at joints everyday, we should not only talk about oppressing and intimidating women.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wife Material - Africans Mindset by efficiencie(m): 11:00pm On Apr 01, 2021
Nellychinma20:
shocked shocked shocked

As a man, that guy is an either an idiot or a boy and the lady just dodged a missile that would have destroyed her and her family. Na so that lady go dey wash clothes for the rest of her marital life...I am not against being courteous to your in laws but every man must be naturally territorial or he is a sissy and being territorial means you dont allow anyone exercise authority over your space...not your mom, dad or siblings...

1 Like

Re: Wife Material - Africans Mindset by efficiencie(m): 11:21pm On Apr 01, 2021
Nellychinma20:
Growing up
Sit like a woman !!!
Don't argue!!!
Wash !!!
Sweep!!!!
Clean !!!!
Cook!!!!!

If you learned everything your grandma taught you then you are skilled in a lot of home management and etiquette...those skills will be more useful to you outside your matrimonial home. Learning how to cook and maintaining all round cleanliness could go on to be the inspiration to start a fast selling eatery. Learning to obey and follow rules is necessary to endure the hardship of a command structure at your place of work. Learning to speak less and listen more could easily give you the tactical advantage that would help you survive the politics among your peers. Learning to help out in the kitchen whilst the boys play could help you learn to stand out of the irresponsible crowd and be the one that others look up to for leadership...your grandma may have a totally wrong reason for teaching you these skills but you have to see that these skills could easily be the difference between success and failure some day...
Re: Wife Material - Africans Mindset by culf: 9:15am On Apr 02, 2021
my wife enjoy oooo, her case was different.
Re: Wife Material - Africans Mindset by thorpido(m): 9:32am On Apr 02, 2021
Nellychinma20:
shocked shocked shocked
Good thing she walked out Stupid family,stupid boyfriend.

(1) (Reply)

Announcement To Women Who Sleep Around. / What Age Should A Girl Leaves Her Parents Home? / His Pe**** Is Small But She Loves Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.