Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,216 members, 7,829,358 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:47 AM

Blogger Vs Wordpress - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Blogger Vs Wordpress (432 Views)

Blogger Vs Wordpress - Will Smith Meme / Blogger Vs Wordpress / What’s The Difference Between Vs Wordpress.org (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Blogger Vs Wordpress by Allisongram: 3:06pm On Jan 27, 2018
Uhmm!! I've just decided to start blogging. But don't know which platform is better, blogger or wordpress?? Reasons pls
Re: Blogger Vs Wordpress by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jan 27, 2018
start with blogger after which u can migrate to wordpress
Re: Blogger Vs Wordpress by Doerstech(m): 4:18pm On Jan 27, 2018
In this part of the world everyone will likely advice you to start with blogger for many obvious reasons ( Owned by google, free platform etc)

But then the first thing you need to consider and sort out as an aspiring blogger is

1) Identifying the niche you want to operate i!n ( except you want to be a generalist and gossip blogger which is common in this part of the world)

choosing a specific niche ( health , education, ICT, fashion:, entertainment etc ) requires you to have some level of expertise and know how to put out valuable contents that will be useful to both search engines and human agents.

2) After the above the next logical thing to do is to find out who and who are your current competitors and what they are doing and how they are doing it.....

knowing this will enable you sharpen your sword as you ought to.

3) Next is to choose the platform to build your blogging passion on. blogger or WordPress..... free or self hosted service.

I have mentionied above while most PEPs in this part of the world rush to blogger platform ( its free, own by google etc )

but believe me if you're serious you will go for a paid self hosted service and if I were you I will choose WordPress..... I may be bias because I have built 10's of websites/blog with WordPress

But then WordPress ( the paid self hosted one ) has more features and with greater flexibility for you to do all sort than blogger and free version of both.

This is in addition to tons of clear cut videos and text tutorials that littered the internet that you can use to know more on WordPress without much stress

4) Next is for you either build/design it yourself or contact a Web designer/Developer to build the blogsite for you.

ultimately you can google "Blogger vs WordPress" which is better for a blog.....I"m sure you will get tons of valuable Info's to guide you.

Having said the above,

Re: Blogger Vs Wordpress by 3html: 6:45pm On Jan 27, 2018
Allisongram:
Uhmm!! I've just decided to start blogging. But don't know which platform is better, blogger or wordpress?? Reasons pls
WordPress is best of all. With easy plugins but comes with problems of you buying a host and enough bandwidth
Re: Blogger Vs Wordpress by wordpressdony(m): 11:58am On Jan 28, 2018
WordPress is better than blogger.

(1) (Reply)

How I Ranked For A Competitive Keyword Within 15 Minutes Of Posting / 5 Tools To Test Wordpress Performance / Solarex Practical Handbook On Web Design And Programming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.