Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,086 members, 7,818,256 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:17 AM

Locally Made Pistol Constructed To Fire Like AK47 Recovered From Lagos Robbers - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Locally Made Pistol Constructed To Fire Like AK47 Recovered From Lagos Robbers (47831 Views)

Police Nab Two POS Robbers In Umuahia, Recover English Made Pistol / Suspected Lagos Robbers Kelechukwu, Godspower Busted With Stolen SUV / Ikotun, Lagos Robbers Caught And Tortured (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Locally Made Pistol Constructed To Fire Like AK47 Recovered From Lagos Robbers by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jan 28, 2018
Egein:

You're either a professional assassin or a robber.
Or, he has knowledge of basic, high school physics- momentum

8 Likes

Re: Locally Made Pistol Constructed To Fire Like AK47 Recovered From Lagos Robbers by ednut1(m): 1:35pm On Jan 28, 2018
angry one shot
Re: Locally Made Pistol Constructed To Fire Like AK47 Recovered From Lagos Robbers by MichaelSokoto(m): 1:36pm On Jan 28, 2018
SUNDICOS:
our nonsense country, me. I go comot soon.
wagbayi!

space dey ya travellin bag?

1 Like

Re: Locally Made Pistol Constructed To Fire Like AK47 Recovered From Lagos Robbers by GMbuharii: 1:41pm On Jan 28, 2018
Coneheads... grin
useless head Slamming/hunting ppl grin

1 Like

Re: Locally Made Pistol Constructed To Fire Like AK47 Recovered From Lagos Robbers by jide333(m): 1:44pm On Jan 28, 2018
I JUST PITY THOSE THAT WILL FALL FOR THIS THING.. I BELIEVE SAY PERSON WEY LIKE AWUF GO FALL WELLA.. GOD HELP YOU AND GOD SAVE PEOPLE FROM FALLING TO THIS.. E GOOD MAKE PERSON WISE OOH

kaykith50:
Re: Locally Made Pistol Constructed To Fire Like AK47 Recovered From Lagos Robbers by GMbuharii: 1:53pm On Jan 28, 2018
MichaelSokoto:
dis ones dey learn work cool
lawrence 'A'. nomayagbon spotted.
Epa dòmó,o grin grin cool

2 Likes

Re: Locally Made Pistol Constructed To Fire Like AK47 Recovered From Lagos Robbers by yjgm(m): 1:54pm On Jan 28, 2018
Denn:
Having the ability to fire an Ak47 round does not mean it would have the same power as an ak47.

It is a pistol with a very short barrel. Not rifled and definitely not as accurate as an ak47...by the way, the ak47 is not accurate when compared to other rifles

Poor journalism and effect of half baked knowledge
I de suspect u
Re: Locally Made Pistol Constructed To Fire Like AK47 Recovered From Lagos Robbers by godofuck231: 1:57pm On Jan 28, 2018
Ohhh Bleep me sideways, at close range this would be extremely deadly imagine
Re: Locally Made Pistol Constructed To Fire Like AK47 Recovered From Lagos Robbers by ceejay80s(m): 1:59pm On Jan 28, 2018
they need to find the welder or who ever constructed it and kill him before he make more for other robbers

1 Like

Re: Locally Made Pistol Constructed To Fire Like AK47 Recovered From Lagos Robbers by georgeceekay: 2:01pm On Jan 28, 2018
texazzpete:

Stop attacking people for the ‘crime’ of being far better educated than you.
how has he chosen to know so much about guns. It doesn't mean he is more intelligent. His interest in guns is what I question.

1 Like

Re: Locally Made Pistol Constructed To Fire Like AK47 Recovered From Lagos Robbers by Meche33(m): 2:01pm On Jan 28, 2018
This gun fit catch fire for your hand
Re: Locally Made Pistol Constructed To Fire Like AK47 Recovered From Lagos Robbers by philGeo(m): 2:04pm On Jan 28, 2018
They will kill him now but tomorrow to will travel to American in the name that they want to buy weapons, develop the criminal please.
Re: Locally Made Pistol Constructed To Fire Like AK47 Recovered From Lagos Robbers by stanliwise(m): 2:11pm On Jan 28, 2018
dkronicle:
but in Nigeria, na kirikiri
He must pay 4 his crime
Re: Locally Made Pistol Constructed To Fire Like AK47 Recovered From Lagos Robbers by SalamRushdie: 2:13pm On Jan 28, 2018
The fact the fabrication can fire a 7.62mm round doesn't mean it can ever have the same devastating effect of an an 47 rifle ...the 7.62mm shell is designed to fired from a rifled weapon and that contraption there clear doesn't have any any rifling in it .. that weapon I see will be lethal at about 20 metres and can only have an accuracy of about 13 metres..its stands higher chance of killing the firer than his victim .

8 Likes

Re: Locally Made Pistol Constructed To Fire Like AK47 Recovered From Lagos Robbers by texazzpete(m): 2:16pm On Jan 28, 2018
georgeceekay:
how has he chosen to know so much about guns. It doesn't mean he is more intelligent. His interest in guns is what I question.

An interest in weapons doesn’t mean he’s an armed robber, or a member of the armed forces etc.
as a kid, I used to have a fascination with aircraft and warfare in general. Read a whole lot about Napoleon era warfare. Doesn’t mean I had any interest in being a soldier, for example.

Back on topic, a Rifle is typically long barreled, with grooves in the barrel to allow some sort of longitudinal spin to the bullet. That spin gives it accuracy and helps to prevent bullet tumbling.

For this homemade contraption, A barrel as short as this, without sufficient length of grooving cannot be said to accurately mimic the characteristics of a real rifle.

This is Nigeria, though. I’ve seen journalists describe helicopters as ‘fighter jets’. No surprise.

11 Likes

Re: Locally Made Pistol Constructed To Fire Like AK47 Recovered From Lagos Robbers by texazzpete(m): 2:17pm On Jan 28, 2018
philGeo:
They will kill him now but tomorrow to will travel to American in the name that they want to buy weapons, develop the criminal please.

You must be joking.
Re: Locally Made Pistol Constructed To Fire Like AK47 Recovered From Lagos Robbers by slimthugchimee2(m): 2:18pm On Jan 28, 2018
Denn:
Having the ability to fire an Ak47 round does not mean it would have the same power as an ak47.

It is a pistol with a very short barrel. Not rifled and definitely not as accurate as an ak47...by the way, the ak47 is not accurate when compared to other rifles

Poor journalism and effect of half baked knowledge

The AK is the most rugged automatic rifle in rifles of its class, a lot of guns you see now were constructed out of the Ak47
Re: Locally Made Pistol Constructed To Fire Like AK47 Recovered From Lagos Robbers by DavidEsq(m): 2:24pm On Jan 28, 2018
texazzpete:

Stop attacking people for the ‘crime’ of being far better educated than you.
Don't mind him jor. He didn't even consider d possibility of u being a well trained security personnel.
Re: Locally Made Pistol Constructed To Fire Like AK47 Recovered From Lagos Robbers by apache4: 2:25pm On Jan 28, 2018
Buhari Must Die This Year !!!

1 Like

Re: Locally Made Pistol Constructed To Fire Like AK47 Recovered From Lagos Robbers by DavidEsq(m): 2:29pm On Jan 28, 2018
SalamRushdie:
The fact the fabrication can fire a 7.62mm round doesn't mean it can ever have the same devastating effect of an an 47 rifle ...the 7.62mm shell is designed to fired from a rifled weapon and that contraption there clear doesn't have any any rifling in it .. that weapon I see will be lethal at about 20 metres and can only have an accuracy of about 13 metres..its stands higher chance of killing the firer than his victim .
Migwo sir.

4 Likes

Re: Locally Made Pistol Constructed To Fire Like AK47 Recovered From Lagos Robbers by AlienRobot: 2:31pm On Jan 28, 2018
Atleast, we now know how to mass produce weapons
Re: Locally Made Pistol Constructed To Fire Like AK47 Recovered From Lagos Robbers by idu1(m): 2:35pm On Jan 28, 2018
georgeceekay:

Why are you questioning his interest in guns?

Intelligent folks are curious folks.

I have huge interest in guns too you can start suspecting me.

1 Like

Re: Locally Made Pistol Constructed To Fire Like AK47 Recovered From Lagos Robbers by Awoofawo(m): 2:35pm On Jan 28, 2018
georgeceekay:
grin grin grin grin grin See dunce and dem inability to reason simple logic....If e be Olopa or Soldier, se e no go know more about gun?

1 Like

Re: Locally Made Pistol Constructed To Fire Like AK47 Recovered From Lagos Robbers by Timiblanko(m): 2:35pm On Jan 28, 2018
Egein:

Why are you this lame in your thought Ode
Re: Locally Made Pistol Constructed To Fire Like AK47 Recovered From Lagos Robbers by Jakumo(m): 2:35pm On Jan 28, 2018
Egein:

Chai ! You sabi accuse o. Na so you accuse another man today. Haba ! Abi you don promote yaself to Senior Magistrate of Nairaland ?

Oya, make you kukuma pass ya sentence put for my head, make ya Godo-Godo dem carry me gbudu-gbudu, throway, gbiiii, for German cell.

Like play na him wata fiti go begin dey pass garri, so, I don already phone my lawyer say make dem ready for any yanga when you fit try here.

2 Likes

Re: Locally Made Pistol Constructed To Fire Like AK47 Recovered From Lagos Robbers by toyoC1(f): 2:40pm On Jan 28, 2018
Egein:

elementary physics dear. Just physics.

1 Like

Re: Locally Made Pistol Constructed To Fire Like AK47 Recovered From Lagos Robbers by Danpotter(m): 2:44pm On Jan 28, 2018
I thought they have been employed in the agric sector, then why this
Re: Locally Made Pistol Constructed To Fire Like AK47 Recovered From Lagos Robbers by Jakumo(m): 2:46pm On Jan 28, 2018
toyoC1:

elementary physics dear. Just physics.

That pinshure get as e be. Force = Mass of the Meat x Acceleration on the down-stroke.

On a serious note, too much of koot-ting, no koot. E ket as e be.

1 Like

Re: Locally Made Pistol Constructed To Fire Like AK47 Recovered From Lagos Robbers by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jan 28, 2018
georgeceekay:
Why are you so interested in being stup1d?

Shut up and stop displaying ignorance on a public forum. Simple internet anyone who is interested/curious in ballistics technology can get a wealth of knowledge in 10mins.

You sound so shortsighted like Nigerian police. Once they see you are smarter than them, they call you a criminal

Let me help you, please arouse your curiosity in everything boy so you can be productive to society. You don't know the field you might find yourself one day.

4 Likes

Re: Locally Made Pistol Constructed To Fire Like AK47 Recovered From Lagos Robbers by Jakumo(m): 2:49pm On Jan 28, 2018
nuttyhnic:

Why are you so interested in being stup1d?

Shut up and stop displaying ignorance on a public forum. Simple internet anyone who is interested/curious in ballistics technology can get a wealth of knowledge in 10mins.

Na today I come know say, to dey mumu, na big accomplishment when dey INTEREST many people to do. Wonderment.
Re: Locally Made Pistol Constructed To Fire Like AK47 Recovered From Lagos Robbers by OMEGA009(m): 2:51pm On Jan 28, 2018
slimthugchimee2:

The AK is the most rugged automatic rifle in rifles of its class, a lot of guns you see now were constructed out of the Ak47

Oga, Ruggedness and accuracy are 2 different factors. Pls read the post again

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photos Of Soldier Donatus Vonkong Killed By Drunk Policeman In Borno / Yahoo Boy Scolds A White Woman For Not Sending Him Money For Christmas / Kidnappers Feed Their Victims With Soft-Drinks And Biscuits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.