Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,391 members, 7,815,834 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:10 PM

Prof. Ade Ojeniyi Bags Danish Highest Award - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Prof. Ade Ojeniyi Bags Danish Highest Award (12945 Views)

NBA To Investigate Prof Ndifon, Baddest Lawyer, Adamawa REC, Others. / MURIC Director, Prof. Akintola Retires From LASU / What Is The Highest Monthly Salary Of Someone You Know In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prof. Ade Ojeniyi Bags Danish Highest Award by SuperS1Panther: 9:06pm On Jan 27, 2018
Ade Ojeniyi, a Nigerian Chief Physician, and professor of veterinary medicine, has been conferred with an award, the Knighthood of The Dannebrog Order of the Kingdom of Denmark.

Ojeniyi told newsmen on the telephone from Grindsted, Denmark on Saturday that the award was given to him on Jan.5. by Queen Margrethe 11 of Denmark. Prof. Ade Ojeniyi, recipient of an award by the government of Denmark “ This is one of the highest awards in Denmark. It was established in 1683 by the King of Denmark. “ I was given the award because of my enormous contribution to health and humanity. The Southern Regional government in Denmark recommended me for it and the Queen granted it,” Ojeniyi said.

The don said in 2007, he introduced the vaccination against cervical cancer in Greenland. “ As the chief Physician and Medical Adviser to the government of Greenland, I introduced the vaccination against cervical cancer in 2007. I made Greenland the first country in the world to start vaccinating girls against cervical cancer,” he said.

Ojeniyi said that he had been a visiting professor at the University of Texas in Houston for 18 years. He said that after the Sept. 11, 2001, attack, the university chose him to deliver a lecture on biological weapons and had been working with the university since then. Ojeniyi said that he was happy to get the award because it was a victory for Nigeria and Africa. “ I dedicate the award to the continent of Africa and her people. I am a representative of the continent, which is the origin of mankind,” he said.

www.vanguardngr.com/2018/01/nigerian-physician-bags-danish-award/

16 Likes

Re: Prof. Ade Ojeniyi Bags Danish Highest Award by gmoney12: 9:12pm On Jan 27, 2018
hmmmmm?
Re: Prof. Ade Ojeniyi Bags Danish Highest Award by SuperS1Panther: 9:18pm On Jan 27, 2018
Lalasticlala and Mynd44 celebrate this Nigerian flying our flag high in Denmark.

Thank God he is not in the news for drugs and gulag. wink wink wink wink wink

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Prof. Ade Ojeniyi Bags Danish Highest Award by ultron12345: 9:19pm On Jan 27, 2018
Salute to our amiable nigerian doctors, all haters of doctors, go and die, all JOHESUites go and hug transformer

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prof. Ade Ojeniyi Bags Danish Highest Award by micfoley: 9:20pm On Jan 27, 2018
Congratulations to him

2 Likes

Re: Prof. Ade Ojeniyi Bags Danish Highest Award by abike12(f): 7:06am On Jan 28, 2018
Congratulations to him!

1 Like

Re: Prof. Ade Ojeniyi Bags Danish Highest Award by madridguy(m): 7:07am On Jan 28, 2018
Noted.
Re: Prof. Ade Ojeniyi Bags Danish Highest Award by Shegzy8(m): 7:09am On Jan 28, 2018
Good news, atleast to make us realize there is hope and we still have good people making us proud.....good morning nigerians....#HAPPYSUNDAY....say no to e-tribal bashing

1 Like

Re: Prof. Ade Ojeniyi Bags Danish Highest Award by LastSurvivor11: 7:10am On Jan 28, 2018
My little advice!

If you want to discover your talent/dream
pls kindly leave the shit hole to where things are done by merits..

12 Likes

Re: Prof. Ade Ojeniyi Bags Danish Highest Award by fSociety: 7:13am On Jan 28, 2018
Nigerians excel everywhere in the world. Except in nigeria.

What an irony undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prof. Ade Ojeniyi Bags Danish Highest Award by wunmi590(m): 7:15am On Jan 28, 2018
Awon omoluabi tongue

26 Likes

Re: Prof. Ade Ojeniyi Bags Danish Highest Award by MightySparrow: 7:17am On Jan 28, 2018
Oodua

15 Likes

Re: Prof. Ade Ojeniyi Bags Danish Highest Award by iWasNotHere(m): 7:22am On Jan 28, 2018
We lead others follow

2 Likes

Re: Prof. Ade Ojeniyi Bags Danish Highest Award by HeyCorleone(m): 7:26am On Jan 28, 2018
Turns out the people are not the problem.

The system is.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prof. Ade Ojeniyi Bags Danish Highest Award by tballeyy(m): 7:28am On Jan 28, 2018
Thank God for the brain God gave to Karo Ojire bi

2 Likes

Re: Prof. Ade Ojeniyi Bags Danish Highest Award by Miamibutch(m): 7:30am On Jan 28, 2018
Brain drain....
We as Nigerians have got abundance of intellectuals and genius in different sectors all over the worldBut the system ain't right to absorb the talents.
Re: Prof. Ade Ojeniyi Bags Danish Highest Award by Jeezuzpick(m): 7:31am On Jan 28, 2018
Hmmmmm..... Quite an achievement.

I never knew there was a vaccine against HPV.....

Interesting.
Re: Prof. Ade Ojeniyi Bags Danish Highest Award by BizBayo: 7:32am On Jan 28, 2018
Nice one
Re: Prof. Ade Ojeniyi Bags Danish Highest Award by olalat(m): 7:33am On Jan 28, 2018
LastSurvivor11:
My little advice!

If you want to discover your talent/dream
pls kindly leave the shit hole to where things are done by merits..
keep quiet, unpatriotic goon. The man, despite his achievement still make allusion to his mother land unlike most you lazy, docile and unintelligent kids. Stand up and do good to yourself and the nation. Stop complaining. Its we Nigerians who can make our country great.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prof. Ade Ojeniyi Bags Danish Highest Award by kingthreat(m): 7:44am On Jan 28, 2018
Good work prof.
Kudos to Yoruba
Kudos to Nigeria
Kudos to Denmark

11 Likes

Re: Prof. Ade Ojeniyi Bags Danish Highest Award by GetUmad: 7:47am On Jan 28, 2018

Nigerians making us proud everywhere
Also Made a similar posts about the pride of the nation here ; https://www.nairaland.com/4310299/great-contents-coming-nigeria#64496637
Re: Prof. Ade Ojeniyi Bags Danish Highest Award by Quality20(m): 7:48am On Jan 28, 2018
kingthreat:
Good work prof. Kudos to Yoruba Kudos to Nigeria Kudos to Denmark
he well might be an igbo man bearing yoba names

2 Likes

Re: Prof. Ade Ojeniyi Bags Danish Highest Award by Obinoscopy(m): 7:51am On Jan 28, 2018
Congratulations are in order. Keep the flag flying.
Re: Prof. Ade Ojeniyi Bags Danish Highest Award by Corrinthians(m): 8:01am On Jan 28, 2018
wunmi590:
Awon omoluabi tongue
grin

4 Likes

Re: Prof. Ade Ojeniyi Bags Danish Highest Award by Nweike1: 8:06am On Jan 28, 2018
I thought they said professor of vet medicine?

2 Likes

Re: Prof. Ade Ojeniyi Bags Danish Highest Award by Nobody: 8:09am On Jan 28, 2018
olalat:
keep quiet, unpatriotic goon. The man, despite his achievement still make allusion to his mother land unlike most you lazy, docile and unintelligent kids. Stand up and do good to yourself and the nation. Stop complaining. Its we Nigerians who can make our country great.
you re a big yoruba fol for saying we can make Nigeria great...in what way can we you this pathetic goat?
im so disappointed in you as a fellow Yoruba man that you can believe in this sort of a cesspit!!!ode oshi

1 Like

Re: Prof. Ade Ojeniyi Bags Danish Highest Award by Amarabae(f): 8:14am On Jan 28, 2018
ultron12345:
Salute to our amiable nigerian doctors, all haters of doctors, go and die, all JOHESUites go and hug transformer
Doctors I know and worked with for years are not dumb in nature,
You are just a new medical graduate(if truly you are because you don't behave like one) , You need to learn how to talk , just a piece of advice.
Empty drums make the loudest noise.

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is It Your Passion Or You Are Doing This To Just Make A Living? / The Shortest Period You Ever Worked In A Coy Before. / Which Profession Stands Out In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.