Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,026 members, 7,825,236 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 09:40 AM

Akon Ranks African Most Powerful Celebrity, Davido Is For Nigeria - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Akon Ranks African Most Powerful Celebrity, Davido Is For Nigeria (999 Views)

Davido, Tunde Ednut, John Dumelo, Akon On 100 Peace Icons In Africa List / Akon Reacts To Davido’s MTV Ema’s Best Worldwide Act Awards / Akon And One Of His Wives Step Out Together (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akon Ranks African Most Powerful Celebrity, Davido Is For Nigeria by surejamz: 8:44am On Jan 28, 2018

The Senegalese pop singer, Akon is atop the list of most followed and powerful Africans on social media. For Nigeria, Davido wears the crown and ranked 7th in the continent.
According to the African Social Media Power Report: Top 50 Footballers and Entertainers, Akon has a combined 57.75 million followers on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.

Mohammed Salah – an Egyptian footballer and Liverpool striker, has 16.99 million to occupy the second position on the list. Didier Drogba (15.99 million), Trevor Noah (14.85 million) and Gad el Maleh (13.87 million) complete the top five list in that order.

The Power 50 is an annual rating of all footballers’ and entertainers’ based on social media fan base. The population of followers of African celebrities on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter are used to measure their influence.

David ‘Davido’ Adeleke is Nigeria’s most celebrity on social media with 12.26 million fans based. This puts him in 7th position on the continental list. Peter Okoye has 10.39 million to have a slot on the top ten most powerful celebrity on social media for Africa.

“In a world where social media continues to play a big role, the influence of African entertainers and footballers, the crème of popular culture on our continent, continues to fascinate and that is why we have compiled this list,” said Lolade Adewuyi, chief strategist at CampsBay Media.

Other Nigerian celebrities on the list are Wizkid, Basket Mouth, AY Makun, Don Jazzy and Genevieve Nnaji.

On the Top 50 African Social Media Power list are 13 actors/actresses, 14 singers, 9 rappers, 8 footballers, 4 comedians and 2 music producers/DJs.

READ MORE@ https://surejamz.com/2018/01/28/akon-ranks-african-powerful-celebrity-davido-nigeria/
Re: Akon Ranks African Most Powerful Celebrity, Davido Is For Nigeria by Nobody: 8:47am On Jan 28, 2018
Is it by number of Instagram followers or impact they make in society?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akon Ranks African Most Powerful Celebrity, Davido Is For Nigeria by intruder15(m): 8:53am On Jan 28, 2018
lofty900:
Is it by number of Instagram followers or impact they make in society?

nope it's not. that's why its termed most powerful celebrities. not most influential celebrities.
Re: Akon Ranks African Most Powerful Celebrity, Davido Is For Nigeria by surejamz: 8:58am On Jan 28, 2018
grin grin grin
intruder15:

nope it's not. that's why its termed most powerful celebrities. not most influential celebrities.
Re: Akon Ranks African Most Powerful Celebrity, Davido Is For Nigeria by cruzita(f): 9:01am On Jan 28, 2018
OBO u try jor,to carry 7th out of 50 no be beans

2 Likes

Re: Akon Ranks African Most Powerful Celebrity, Davido Is For Nigeria by surejamz: 9:03am On Jan 28, 2018
no be beans i swear
cruzita:
OBO u try jor,to carry 7th out of 50 no be beans
Re: Akon Ranks African Most Powerful Celebrity, Davido Is For Nigeria by amamahdaniel(m): 9:21am On Jan 28, 2018
surejamz:
no be beans i swear
NO BE BEANS, NA MOI-MOI ABI?

Re: Akon Ranks African Most Powerful Celebrity, Davido Is For Nigeria by OKorowanta: 11:41am On Jan 28, 2018
I have my own list and Fela is number one,George Weah,Okocha,Papa Wemba takes the second,third and fourth spots respectively on the list.
Don't ask me how I arrive with dis.
Re: Akon Ranks African Most Powerful Celebrity, Davido Is For Nigeria by Kobicove(m): 6:28pm On Jan 28, 2018
OKorowanta:
I have my own list and Fela is number one,George Weah,Okocha,Papa Wemba takes the second,third and fourth spots respectively on the list.
Don't ask me how I arrive with dis.

Was Fela on social media as at the time of his death? undecided
Re: Akon Ranks African Most Powerful Celebrity, Davido Is For Nigeria by OKorowanta: 6:36pm On Jan 28, 2018
Kobicove:

Was Fela on social media as at the time of his death? undecided

Na so una take dey fail exam.simple instruction

(1) (Reply)

Photos: Nigerian DJ, DJ Fresh White Dazzles At A Private Yacht Party In Dubai / Photo: Ebuka VS Deyemi Okanlawon, Who Rocket This Outfit Better? / 2face and Annie Idibia lead campaign to mobilize for voters Registration (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.