Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

A Web Developer Needs Help Working With Bootstrap Carousel - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / A Web Developer Needs Help Working With Bootstrap Carousel (1180 Views)

Someone Good With Bootstrap And Html And Css Needed For Urgent Project / A Javascript/nodejs And Python/django Developer Needs Placement / UI Design Principles That Every App Developer Needs To Follow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Web Developer Needs Help Working With Bootstrap Carousel by LaiveNg: 7:59pm On Jan 28, 2018
Hi, thanks for viewing!
I am 85% done with a project i started towards the ending of last year. I will be posting it here soon for review.
But i currently trying to implement the popularBootstrap carousel effect which seems not to be working. Yes, i am not a good designer, i focus much on the logic.
Does the bootstrap carousel depend on jquery or something? Just send in your tips.
Re: A Web Developer Needs Help Working With Bootstrap Carousel by rushman003: 6:42am On Jan 29, 2018
The carousel is in .CSS of the bootstrap, search for it
Re: A Web Developer Needs Help Working With Bootstrap Carousel by 9Optional: 9:31am On Jan 29, 2018
LaiveNg:
Hi, thanks for viewing!
I am 85% done with a project i started towards the ending of last year. I will be posting it here soon for review.
But i currently trying to implement the popularBootstrap carousel effect which seems not to be working. Yes, i am not a good designer, i focus much on the logic.
Does the bootstrap carousel depend on jquery or something? Just send in your tips.

lets talk:

Mobile/Whatsapp: 07038641600

www.jolagict.com

we are expert in
*Html,CSS,Bootstrap,Javascript,JQuery,PHP,Mysql
*Blog Design,content management systems (CMS) such as
Webpagemaker,Frontpage, wordpress, joomla, drupal,
ecommerce platforms such as opencart, magento, Abante cart,WHMCS, prestashop.
*SEO,Responsive&Mobile Friendly Site expert
*Blogs:Ghost,serendipity,eggblog
*Forums:SMF,Vanilla,phpBB,
*Polls and Survey Sites:Limesurvey,littlepoll,piwik
*Open Source Website Development & Customization / CMS Integration (Joomla, Drupal, wordpress, etc)
*E-commerce Website Development (magento, Opencart, OS Commerce, Zen Cart integration etc)
*SEO (Get Your Website Top Ranking in Google.
*Mobile Application (iOS & Android)
Re: A Web Developer Needs Help Working With Bootstrap Carousel by LaiveNg: 1:59pm On Jan 29, 2018
rushman003:
The carousel is in .CSS of the bootstrap, search for it
I am using a downloaded copy of the alpha version since i am developing offline. I'll check it anyway
Re: A Web Developer Needs Help Working With Bootstrap Carousel by bassdow: 9:57am On Jan 30, 2018
LaiveNg:
Hi, thanks for viewing!

Carousels (with exception to those made purely with css3) are mostly composed of the following
1. Css & Html -> for layout and presentation,
2. Js -> mostly for the animations and cross-browser capability
3. PHP -> Optional but can be present especially if content is dynamically generated

Above are the major components of a Slider/Carousel
Now to answer your question "Does the bootstrap carousel depend on jquery or something?" ANSWER is YES though am not sure if it's Javascript or jquery though they both do same work.

According to your comment "Yes, i am not a good designer, i focus much on the logic", one might not be at fault to classify you as a Developer But you'r question/comments has said nothing to tell us what issue you are facing, hence we might be unable to proffer a suitable solution/tip.

Your comment "But i currently trying to implement the popular Bootstrap carousel effect which seems not to be working" fails to tell us you are a developer because if you are actually one, you would know that you need to drop as many helpful information as you can to enable you get help.

WHY Am I Saying all This ?
Not every time we have time to ask for more information - i might see a question and want to drop a quick helpful solution/tip only to click on it and find out that it lacks enough information to actually be of help.
And if am short of time, I will just close that tab or use the back button. And am sure am not the only one - so you end up having many Views with no sensible response.
So I write all this for You and all others who might need to know this.

PSS: If you fail to get a response from (Me or anyone who tried to help) even after adding more information, just know i might not have been back to Nairaland as you know we don't live here. AM only here during my free-time.

Hope that helps
Re: A Web Developer Needs Help Working With Bootstrap Carousel by Desyner: 6:32am On Jan 31, 2018
LaiveNg:

Does the bootstrap carousel depend on jquery or something
? Just send in your tips.
Yes it does. Makes sure JQuery is properly imported.

1 Like

Re: A Web Developer Needs Help Working With Bootstrap Carousel by LaiveNg: 11:58am On Jan 31, 2018
Desyner:
Yes it does. Makes sure JQuery is properly imported.
Ok thanks...

(1) (Reply)

How To Generate Thousands Of Likes In Facebook / Learn How To Build Cross Platform Mobile Apps Using Flutter By Google. / I Want To Start Programming Which Is Best To Start With

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.