Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,993 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:39 AM

God Doesn't Make Sense! - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Doesn't Make Sense! (3724 Views)

I'm So Convinced That God Doesn't Not Exist / Adam & Eve: The Whole Story Doesn't Make Sense - Until Now / You Can't Prove That God Doesn't Exist. Really? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God Doesn't Make Sense! by budaatum: 9:19pm On Jan 30, 2018
Gungnir:

Not true.
Lol
Re: God Doesn't Make Sense! by Ishilove: 9:40pm On Jan 30, 2018
Gungnir:

Be like say na this bros go dey charge for front on that good vs evil battle at the end of time ooo, in short na two swords him go carry! grin grin
As in ehn cheesy
Re: God Doesn't Make Sense! by AngelicBeing: 12:22pm On Jan 31, 2018
bennyann:
This thread is for true believers, those still standing firm in Christ, those doing all they can not to give up on God. It's also for those who have fallen from the grace and those about to fall.

We're in an era where the Christian race is being extremely beautified by most churches as though there wouldn't be thorns on the way side. We hear mostly about prosperity, how you can never be poor or fall sick as a child of God. We hear about how we're going through tough times because we never speak positively continuously concerning our challenges. Contrary to what we hear or believe, these are the kind of adamant doctrines that make many fall when they don't achieve their expectations.

Have you been in a position where fellow Christians feel you didn't pray enough that's why things aren't working out? Or in a position where you've been told you haven't learnt a lesson yet that's why a particular unwanted situation persists? Or just like job, you were told you're going through whatever you're going through because you've sinned, so you should confess when you know you've not?

Are you in a position you feel or know you've done all you can for God by living a pleasing and righteous or holy life unto your maker, yet it's like your life is being played on a realistic screen as though you're the worst sinner on earth because of what you're going through? Have you ever felt confused about God at à point because of your expectations from Him? Have you ever felt betrayed by God because you know how much you love Him and you've proved it even in your secret life when no one's looking?

What am I trying to say? Are you in a position where you ask God, why? Why me?

Well, these are the things Christians don't want to talk about or they try to hide. Especially those who give their all to God.

Let's talk about these things and encourage one another in Christ. Let's not act like Job's friends who gave a counsel in a way not pleasing to God, only to increase the pain of Job.

For those in such situations, I recommend a book by Dr. James Dobson titled, holding on to your faith even WHEN GOD DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

I will only share the chapter one here and I wish you get a copy of the book so you can go through all the chapters and understand the Christian journey, what it means to carry your cross and follow Christ and also understand the Christian journey is not all about bread and butter, sugar and tea.

Trust in God through the storms. Neither life nor death, neither pain nor joy should separate you from God.

Just like Shadrach, Meshack and Abednego, we will say with determination and willingness in our hearts, that even if God DOESN'T rescue us (not that He CAN'T) , we would not bow to any other gods neither would we bow to self.

Remain in Christ as I share chapter one with you. And those who have read the book before can also contribute if you want to. May the sacrifice of Christ not be in vain in our lives. Amen!
I have read the book over and over and also recommend it to people to read, it is a fantastic book, and at the conclusion of the book, God does make sense cool

2 Likes

Re: God Doesn't Make Sense! by bennyann: 6:30pm On Feb 01, 2018
AngelicBeing:
I have read the book over and over and also recommend it to people to read, it is a fantastic book, and at the conclusion of the book, God does make sense cool

Yes dear. God makes sense even when He doesn't make sense cheesy

2 Likes

Re: God Doesn't Make Sense! by bennyann: 6:34pm On Feb 01, 2018
Emmanystone:

Thanks beloved little sister. Happy New Year. May the Lord be your portion this year.

My autocorrect is hyperactive. Sorry for the typos. 'Where is God When it Hurts' was what i meant

I got it sis.
Re: God Doesn't Make Sense! by Lipscomb(m): 7:02pm On Feb 01, 2018
cool
Re: God Doesn't Make Sense! by Nobody: 9:38pm On Feb 02, 2018
bennyann:

Yes dear. God makes sense even when He doesn't make sense cheesy
you're very right God makes sense even when he doesn't make sense,this God is too much coolI can't seem to have enough of him

1 Like

Re: God Doesn't Make Sense! by bennyann: 9:31am On Feb 03, 2018
Rachealoduah:
you're very right God makes sense even when he doesn't make sense,this God is too much coolI can't seem to have enough of him

He is indeed too much. Good to have someone that feels same. I don't need to have the whole world before I know he's too much. He has filled my heart with so much love for Him to last me for eternity, yet I want more each day.

That golden rule, that commandment on loving God is really the greatest commandment because it is the secret to living for God here on earth. Trust is also a must ingredient but love makes it easy.

God is God and He will forever be my God, in good times, bad times, no matter the times, He is forever God.

1 Like

Re: God Doesn't Make Sense! by Nobody: 10:16am On Feb 03, 2018
bennyann:

He is indeed too much. Good to have someone that feels same. I don't need to have the whole world before I know he's too much. He has filled my heart with so much love for Him to last me for eternity, yet I want more each day.

That golden rule, that commandment on loving God is really the greatest commandment because it is the secret to living for God here on earth. Trust is also a must ingredient but love makes it easy.

God is God and He will forever be my God, in good times, bad times, no matter the times, He is forever God.
same here my brother ever since I found this God and let him into my heart its been everlasting joy,having God is indeed having everything,I can't imagine a life without this God,what a true,caring and loving father,he has filled me with so much happiness that I don't think anything can be measured with it,the gift of salvation is the greatest gift that has been given to mankind

1 Like

Re: God Doesn't Make Sense! by bennyann: 3:17pm On Feb 04, 2018
Rachealoduah:
same here my brother ever since I found this God and let him into my heart its been everlasting joy,having God is indeed having everything,I can't imagine a life without this God,what a true,caring and loving father,he has filled me with so much happiness that I don't think anything can be measured with it,the gift of salvation is the greatest gift that has been given to mankind

Let's just not give up on God when there comes a time that SEEM contrary to all you've stated. That's the essence of this thread.
Re: God Doesn't Make Sense! by Nobody: 3:36pm On Feb 04, 2018
bennyann:

Let's just not give up on God when there comes a time that SEEM contrary to all you've stated. That's the essence of this thread.
yes,you are right

1 Like

Re: God Doesn't Make Sense! by bennyann: 8:36pm On Feb 09, 2018
Re: God Doesn't Make Sense! by Martinez19(m): 10:16pm On Feb 09, 2018
Bennyann, when God doesn't make sense it should lead you to be sceptical instead you are trying by all means to attach sense to something that has no sense.
Re: God Doesn't Make Sense! by bennyann: 7:33pm On Feb 13, 2018
Martinez19:
Bennyann, when God doesn't make sense it should lead you to be sceptical instead you are trying by all means to attach sense to something that has no sense.

Hi dear,

Hmmmm

Anything beyond our mental capacity doesn't make sense until we get to the point of enlightenment or understanding. God is something beyond our mental capability. If He isn't, He wouldn't be God.

1 Like

Re: God Doesn't Make Sense! by Martinez19(m): 8:35pm On Feb 13, 2018
bennyann:

Hi dear,

Hmmmm

Anything beyond our mental capacity doesn't make sense until we get to the point of enlightenment or understanding. God is something beyond our mental capability. If He isn't, He wouldn't be God.
if god doesn't make sense, he doesn't. Period, I else will I know who is deceiving me or not if I don't use my senses and reasoning? Ask for proof and sensible explanations instead of being biased.
Re: God Doesn't Make Sense! by Olumaeme: 9:43pm On Feb 13, 2018
Stop disturbing yourselves, God no dey
Re: God Doesn't Make Sense! by Martinez19(m): 9:57pm On Feb 13, 2018
Olumaeme:
Stop disturbing yourselves, God no dey
Abi o. Some just carry the Jewish God for head like gala and mineral. Na by force for something to make sense?
Re: God Doesn't Make Sense! by bennyann: 5:45pm On Feb 15, 2018
Martinez19:
if god doesn't make sense, he doesn't. Period, I else will I know who is deceiving me or not if I don't use my senses and reasoning? Ask for proof and sensible explanations instead of being biased.

Many things don't make sense e.g If man evolved from monkeys and apes, why do we still have monkeys and apes?

If being alive or the essence of living doesn't make sense to your type, believe me God making sense is the least you should worry about.

Quit talking bias bro, my personal proofs are mine and mine alone. When something is bigger than you, just admit it. So don't speak of being bias.

Those who are still on the race and with their full amour on, understand that God makes sense even when we think He doesn't make sense and they know what they are to do when they're in the position they feel He doesn't make sense.

This is a path many Christians don't deal with, aren't told of, but it's a path to cross in the Christian race and that's what leads many to fall when not handled how it should as a Christian.

My duty is to encourage the Christians, let them know all isn't butter and bread and no, you don't leave God when you feel no honey at a certain point in time and that's what this thread is all about.
Re: God Doesn't Make Sense! by budaatum: 6:23pm On Feb 15, 2018
bennyann:

Hi dear,

Hmmmm

Sorry Bennyann, this is nothing to do with me, so forgive me butting in. The problem is that you claim something [is] beyond [y]our mental capability. And I am afraid I have to kindly inform you that that is not the truth, and that it is even written that a certain messiah guy called Jesus implied otherwise when he asked if you do not know you are gods, able to do even more than he is alleged to have done.

If you would bother to take a look at the Gospel according to Luke, you will find that the doctrine you refer to was imposed on some onto whom it was likened to the giving of stones and calling it bread.

The truth is that the Jesus whom some call god is said to have died, gone to hell, then to heaven and sent you the "mental capacity" with which to make "sense" and "reach the point of enlightenment and understanding".

Consider.

Again, with apologies.
Re: God Doesn't Make Sense! by HappyPagan: 10:29pm On Dec 11, 2018
Bennyann
Re: God Doesn't Make Sense! by Nobody: 6:28am On Dec 12, 2018
MrPresident1:

All your entire generations right from the first ape that mated with the first dog to give birth to your lineage forebears are cursed beyond redemption.

Anuofia

Why are you always so defensive, cursive, restless and violent when someone raise a contrary opinion to yours as regards faith. Christians need to learn to argue with diplomacy and stop getting unnecessarily agitated, pugilistic, abusive when someone does not agree with you. Common, if you were born into another religion or if your parents were from another religion nko?

Besides, just how do you convince an atheist that you are a good follower of your God if you are lacking in all the attributes and qualities that stand Christ out which makes people call his followers Christians?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do People In Nl Love To Critisize Pastor Chris Onyhakilome / Not In Scripture ? Are You Prepared For A Shock? / Who Is This Joseph Ayo Babalola - Biography

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.