Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,805 members, 7,827,966 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:22 PM

Soccer Bookmaking Web Portal: Great Business Idea - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Soccer Bookmaking Web Portal: Great Business Idea (2851 Views)

Smart/great Business Ideas This 2014 / Great Business Opportunity...the Genuine Way To Double Your Money ! / Great Business Opportunities: Abuja Technology Village (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soccer Bookmaking Web Portal: Great Business Idea by gabng(m): 8:22pm On Dec 26, 2005
Great Business Idea: Anyone Want To Be A Part Of It?

I have been taking interest in this forum for about a month now and I feel this is the right place to bring this idea up with the belief that like minds will be interested in being part of somethin new and exciting.

I am talking about a Soccer Bookmaking Web Portal (ScoreCard Nigeria) where an average football fan can purchase a scratchcard and make predictions of football matches in the local league, premier league and other international league and at the end there stand the chance to win b]money[/b].

Also the ability to make prediction entries via mobile phones (SMS) via an SMS gateway to the portal will be needed.

Anybody ready to make this work? With a place like this on Nairaland full of geniuses, it's an under-estimation. I am waiting guys.
Re: Soccer Bookmaking Web Portal: Great Business Idea by c0dec(m): 4:56pm On Dec 29, 2005
sounds like a nice idea. but i'm no longer into web dev. i believe it would work but it'll depend heavily on advertising.
Re: Soccer Bookmaking Web Portal: Great Business Idea by gabng(m): 7:09pm On Dec 30, 2005
sent you a pm..... try get back to me.. also one intrested tooo
Re: Soccer Bookmaking Web Portal: Great Business Idea by alexis(m): 9:41pm On Mar 01, 2006
It can work, if yo need more details, let me know
Re: Soccer Bookmaking Web Portal: Great Business Idea by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 10:21pm On Jun 05, 2006
Hell yea!!! (Heaven forbid), if i did nto just see teh same idea for the World Cup on CNN i had forgotten all about this post.
are you still on this idea, it reeks of monies, plenty of smooth, clean cash, let us talk. I am into web applications

pm me
Re: Soccer Bookmaking Web Portal: Great Business Idea by kazey(m): 1:31am On Jun 06, 2006
Scratch card would be capital intensive, besides nationwide distribution. Its a beautiful model but there are a lot of things we are missing, running a betting site, is not as easy as it sounds, if you have about 100,000 betters for example. smiley
Re: Soccer Bookmaking Web Portal: Great Business Idea by gabng(m): 9:10pm On Jun 06, 2006
Hi Everyone.

Intrested in the idea. please contact me on gabrielmorka@yahoo.com or call 08052282951
Re: Soccer Bookmaking Web Portal: Great Business Idea by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 9:12pm On Jul 21, 2006
is this still on, let's get serious, how do we form a group to start working on this earliest,
1: Business Plan
2: Blueprint - How the idea works technically and all the nooks and crannies
3: experts : design, graphics, application dev, databases etc

Nations Cup, SA 2010 Wooozaa!
Re: Soccer Bookmaking Web Portal: Great Business Idea by gabng(m): 11:56pm On Jul 24, 2006
lagerwhenindoubt:

is this still on, let's get serious, how do we form a group to start working on this earliest,
1: Business Plan
2: Blueprint - How the idea works technically and all the nooks and crannies
3: experts : design, graphics, application dev, databases etc

Nations Cup, SA 2010 Wooozaa!

Bro,
Are you really into web development? Well at least i seesomeone who sees that heavy cash that can be made on this project. We are talking of something that has the capability of netting at least =N=1Billion by the third year of operation.

I have the buisness plan and the technicalities on e files somewhere around. So what do u say bro? Are you intrested in being the next internet millionaire?

send me more info abt urself and where you at to gabrielmorka@yahoo.com. You can also call me on 08052282951.

Lets make History Bro. Lets teach the world that nigerians is not only about 419.

will be waiting for ur message or call.

Ciao
Re: Soccer Bookmaking Web Portal: Great Business Idea by Seun(m): 10:39am On Mar 25, 2007
How far with your plans?
Re: Soccer Bookmaking Web Portal: Great Business Idea by gabng(m): 5:57pm On Mar 25, 2007
Nothin Yet.
Re: Soccer Bookmaking Web Portal: Great Business Idea by mrmayor(m): 11:16pm On Mar 25, 2007
I wondering if you as a bookmaker have real shops,where people can go for betting.To be a successful bookmaker you need loads of cash to back you when the unexpected happens, I mean when the result go against the bookmaker.

I use only bookmakers with real shops like www.paddypower.ie, www.ladbrokes.com or www.bet365.com. the fact is I don't trust bookmakers with only on-line presence.
Re: Soccer Bookmaking Web Portal: Great Business Idea by akinalabi(m): 11:23pm On Mar 25, 2007
grin Don't steal "my idea" grin

I've been working on this for quite sometime. I've had
some technical hitches here and there but I hope to be
in operation in a few months.
Re: Soccer Bookmaking Web Portal: Great Business Idea by Seun(m): 7:48am On Mar 26, 2007
Oh, come on, akinlabi. You can't possibly believe that you are the first to come up with this simple idea.
Re: Soccer Bookmaking Web Portal: Great Business Idea by akinalabi(m): 3:49pm On Mar 27, 2007
Seun:

Oh, come on, akinlabi.  You can't possibly believe that you are the first to come up with this simple idea.

Don't mind me jare.

I just sat down hoping no one would think about it until I'm done
with it.  sad

Anyway, this can only make me move faster than I'd planned.
Re: Soccer Bookmaking Web Portal: Great Business Idea by Seun(m): 3:58pm On Mar 27, 2007
How do you plan to deal with the perception that gambling is immoral and a social vice?
Re: Soccer Bookmaking Web Portal: Great Business Idea by sisimose(f): 4:05pm On Mar 27, 2007
i dont think he has to deal with that at all seun. Those who gamble will gamble those who dont wont. those with moral issues or otherwise are very few, to be honest i know many moslems and christains who are hard core gamblers, so if he want this as a business, he doesnt have to deal with any moral issue after all we not in saudi Arabia
Re: Soccer Bookmaking Web Portal: Great Business Idea by Seun(m): 4:41pm On Mar 27, 2007
Hmmm. But if your gambling service becomes successful, some people may call for it to be banned or "regulated".
Re: Soccer Bookmaking Web Portal: Great Business Idea by akinalabi(m): 12:53am On Mar 28, 2007
People's perception?

Why should I care? I want to run a business and think about people's
perception? As long as I run it legally then I don't care what some
people may think.

Some people frown at drinking. Will that stop me from trying to set
up a brewery if I want?

Not a chance!

Personally, I don't see sports betting as bad so I don't have to deal
with the issue of personal consience (did I spell that right? )

I've even done it today. I had Brazil to beat Ghana at 4/6 wink
Re: Soccer Bookmaking Web Portal: Great Business Idea by sisimose(f): 10:44pm On Mar 28, 2007
my point exactly

Akin
how much you bet? , was it just a fun bet? crappy odds you got there
Re: Soccer Bookmaking Web Portal: Great Business Idea by akinalabi(m): 2:35am On Mar 29, 2007
Hi sisimose,

Brazil to beat Ghana at 4/6 is decent enough. I had
60 quid on it.

I used my online account at coral.co.uk

What do you reckon?
Re: Soccer Bookmaking Web Portal: Great Business Idea by sisimose(f): 11:04pm On Mar 29, 2007
@Akin
hmm
you bet 4/6 @60 quid so that means you win 100quid(watever ur currency is) hmm not bad, not great either smiley
corals those thieving buggers, but they have good odds
Re: Soccer Bookmaking Web Portal: Great Business Idea by cammax7(m): 10:44am On Mar 30, 2007
I've actually thought of something in this line before but my idea was to work with a bank. The scratch card idea might be flawed in terms of availability. Partner with a bank on this where people would open a special account for this purpose and send predictions via SMS and indicate the amount the are staking which would be withdrawn from their account and when they win, would be credited to their account.
Re: Soccer Bookmaking Web Portal: Great Business Idea by cammax7(m): 10:47am On Mar 30, 2007
jeez i cant believe this topic had been on since 2005 shocked
Re: Soccer Bookmaking Web Portal: Great Business Idea by mrmayor(m): 6:31pm On Apr 09, 2007
sisimose:

@Akin
hmm
you bet 4/6 @60 quid so that means you win 100quid(watever your currency is) hmm not bad, not great either smiley
corals those thieving buggers, but they have good odds

Nope, its means he wins 40 quid and gets his original 60 quids back. Just curious I don't think any bookmake would offer 4/6 brazil to win except they know something we don't know it also means that the odds for Ghana to win would be atleast 3/1
Re: Soccer Bookmaking Web Portal: Great Business Idea by akinalabi(m): 10:14pm On Apr 09, 2007
Coral did offer 4/6 on Brazil to beat Ghana. Not
only coral. Even ladbrokes and william hill.

I can't remember what they had on Ghana.
Re: Soccer Bookmaking Web Portal: Great Business Idea by lare: 3:00pm On Feb 22, 2009
mrmayor:

I wondering if you as a bookmaker have real shops,where people can go for betting.To be a successful bookmaker you need loads of cash to back you when the unexpected happens, I mean when the result go against the bookmaker.

I use only bookmakers with real shops like www.paddypower.ie, www.ladbrokes.com or www.bet365.com. the fact is I don't trust bookmakers with only on-line presence.

Bet365 dont have shops. They are 100% online.
Re: Soccer Bookmaking Web Portal: Great Business Idea by akinalabi(m): 12:13am On Feb 24, 2009
The dream is now a reality.

I have launched Nigeria's first bookmaking portal.

See http://www.

(1) (Reply)

I Need Barite Suppliers In Commercial Volume / Abuja Commodities Exchange - Please Enlighten Me / Great Opportunities In REPUBLIC OF GUINEA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.