Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,091 members, 7,814,798 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:04 PM

Opinions Needed: Is Anything Wrong With Nudity ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Opinions Needed: Is Anything Wrong With Nudity ? (1438 Views)

Pastor Kingsley Okonkwo Laments 'Level Of Nudity' In Weddings / Pastor Adeboye Condemns #SilhouetteChallenge And Online Nudity / Lust Is the Problem, Not Nudity, For Without Lust, Nudity Is Nothing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinions Needed: Is Anything Wrong With Nudity ? by Gggg102(m): 8:54pm On Jan 29, 2018
when people talk of morality, dressing is often mentioned. you hear such things as decent dressing and indecent dressing. how indecent dressing leads to sin and such.victims of rape and sexual assault are often blamed because of the way they dressed. And so on.

However, there is no clear definition of decent dressing. decency is highly subjective. what is termed decent in a culture is deemed indecent in another. this brings me to the conclusion that the way people react to indecent dressing and nudity is purely psychological.

Today when someone dresses provocatively, there is a feeling of embarrassment in the people around. people cry out about how dressing like that is disgraceful. but we react like this because we are taught to by society.

1st point: pre colonial Africa; many tribes lived with minimal coverings and no one felt any shame nor were they aroused. even today there are some isolated tribes in some part of Africa where the females don't cover their breasts. the males there don't feel ashamed or aroused. the breasts are seen as ordinary body parts like the arms. they react the same way we react when we are looking at someone's head or hand. no perverted thoughts. this is because their society does not teach them to be ashamed of boobs.
also, take a look at poor neighborhood you see little children playing together. many of them would be unclad or be wearing minimal clothing and no one cares. that's because they've not been taught by society to be ashamed of their unclothedness. if nobody tells them anything about decency, they would grow up seeing "private parts" and it would be completely normal.

point 2: arousal is psychological: people argue that nudity & indecent dressing causes others to sin. but it is not nudity and indecent dressing, it is the thoughts that come with it. think about it this way
if we leave in a world where females left their boobs bare and their feet completely covered, men won't feel anything when they see boobs but could get erections if they peeked at the big toe. we are programmed by society to think of nudity as arousing. there was a time where showing of the female belly was indecent, people would think of the belly as a sexual organ. but in India, their saris expose their belly yet it is normal. now it is also quite normal in many places to show some body parts that once had to be covered but nobody gives a hoot.

"if every woman walks unclad, men will stop staring"-someone said this.

in conclusion, if everyone starts walking unclad, it would be uncomfortable at first but after a short period, nobody will bat an eyelid.

OPINIONS

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Opinions Needed: Is Anything Wrong With Nudity ? by FvckShiT(m): 8:57pm On Jan 29, 2018
- Adam & Eve were fůcking nude.And they fuckéd ina garden of Eden.So what d fůcking fuzz bout undecided
Re: Opinions Needed: Is Anything Wrong With Nudity ? by hopefulLandlord: 9:30pm On Jan 29, 2018
This is well thought OP and I hope it invites good discussions regardless of subsequent poster's leanings

I however have to disagree with point 2; let me start by saying I do get the message that point is trying to drive home but I feel it ignored several important bits about human psychology and physiology
If women (I'll talk from the perspective of men) usually leave everywhere but their feet uncovered, only a few men would be aroused by naked female feet, I think I speak for most men when I say that unless uncovering one's feet signal sexual interest to whom she's showing the feet to we wouldn't be aroused, another way it could trigger arousal is if the vagyna and/or boobs are located in the female legs
Re: Opinions Needed: Is Anything Wrong With Nudity ? by MuttleyLaff: 9:38pm On Jan 29, 2018
hopefulLandlord:
This is well thought post and I hope it invites good discussions regardless of subsequent poster's leanings

I however have to disagree with point 2; let me start by saying I do get the message that point is trying to drive home but I feel it ignored several important bits about human psychology and physiology
If women (I'll talk from the perspective of men) usually leave everywhere but their feet uncovered, only a few men would be aroused by naked female feet, I think I speak for most men when I say that unless uncovering one's feet signal sexual interest to whom she's showing the feet to we wouldn't be aroused, another way it could trigger arousal is if the vagyna and/or boobs are located in the female legs
So it's only vagyna and/or boobs that are the only parts of the female body that arouses, hmm?
Re: Opinions Needed: Is Anything Wrong With Nudity ? by Gggg102(m): 9:38pm On Jan 29, 2018
hopefulLandlord:
This is well thought post and I hope it invites good discussions regardless of subsequent poster's leanings

I understand what you are saying.
n
genetics as wired us to be aroused by certain features.
the point I was passing was that society creates additional sexual body parts.
(I don't know how correct or wrong I am but don't radical Islamist think if a woman is not fully covered with a burka it can arouse a man. also why Christians condemn "show me your back" clothes. it creates the idea that the back is a sexual body parts)
Re: Opinions Needed: Is Anything Wrong With Nudity ? by hopefulLandlord: 9:43pm On Jan 29, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
So it's only vagyna and/or boobs that are the only parts of the female body that arouses

Not necessarily but they tend to arouse more men in terms of numbers more than any part of the body does; of course there are those that are aroused by intelligence, pretty face, height, smell, skin colour, voice, general figure or several other combinations but I believe those men are fewer than those aroused by naked boobs and vagyna; I stand to be corrected though

1 Like

Re: Opinions Needed: Is Anything Wrong With Nudity ? by Emmanystone: 9:55pm On Jan 29, 2018
Why won't the menfolk get na.ked too? Why only the femalefolk? Is there nothing in a man to arouse a woman?

1 Like

Re: Opinions Needed: Is Anything Wrong With Nudity ? by Gggg102(m): 10:01pm On Jan 29, 2018
Emmanystone:
Why won't the menfolk get na.ked too? Why only the femalefolk? Is there nothing in a man to arouse a woman?

womenfolk are more affected by nudity and decency principles.

picture the reaction to a topless male vs that of a topless female
Re: Opinions Needed: Is Anything Wrong With Nudity ? by hopefulLandlord: 10:02pm On Jan 29, 2018
Emmanystone:
it goes both ways, I think OP talked more from the male perspective as he's male and the fact that female sexuality is more frowned upon and scrutinised compared to male one

1 Like

Re: Opinions Needed: Is Anything Wrong With Nudity ? by Emmanystone: 10:21pm On Jan 29, 2018
Gggg102:

womenfolk are more affected by nudity and decency principles.

picture the reaction to a topless male vs that of a topless female
Oh Well. I will want to go back to who instilled this consciousness into me that my bare chest is offensive so shd be private and covered. If i as a Christian trace it back to YHWH, the question i'll ask further is, is that injunction against me the female primarily or both me and any male around me? For what God says to One, He says to all.

A man has a bare chest without any bulging breast on it, but he has hairy Chest, and very smooth skin. He has strong arms and alps. All these arouses. Why aren't they exposed to see if we the female folks will just walk passed without winking at them.

2 Likes

Re: Opinions Needed: Is Anything Wrong With Nudity ? by Daeylar(f): 10:21pm On Jan 29, 2018
Nothing is wrong with nudity.

1st point: pre colonial Africa; many tribes lived with minimal coverings and no one felt any shame nor were they aroused. even today there are some isolated tribes in some part of Africa where the females don't cover their breasts. the males there don't feel ashamed or aroused. the breasts are seen as ordinary body parts like the arms. they react the same way we react when we are looking at someone's head or hand. no perverted thoughts. this is because their society does not teach them to be ashamed of boobs.
also, take a look at poor neighborhood you see little children playing together. many of them would be unclad or be wearing minimal clothing and no one cares. that's because they've not been taught by society to be ashamed of their unclothedness. if nobody tells them anything about decency, they would grow up seeing "private parts" and it would be completely normal.

Op point one is perfection.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Opinions Needed: Is Anything Wrong With Nudity ? by Emmanystone: 10:29pm On Jan 29, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

it goes both ways, I think OP talked more from the male perspective as he's male and the fact that female sexuality is more frowned upon and scrutinised compared to male one
Yes it does go both ways. And, yes he came from the perspective of a male, if i must come from a female perspective, i will be complaining of harassment if a young man appears before me a bare hairy chest, with tiny fine nipples. Strong arms and generally smooth skin. It will be worst if he is on shorts and his strong thighs are exposed. That will be serious harassment and indecent. Cover up biko.

***I cover my mindseye with the blood of Jesus***

1 Like

Re: Opinions Needed: Is Anything Wrong With Nudity ? by MuttleyLaff: 10:36pm On Jan 29, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
So it's only vagyna and/or boobs that are the only parts of the female body that arouses

hopefulLandlord:
Not necessarily but they tend to arouse more men in terms of numbers more than any part of the body does;
of course there are those that are aroused by intelligence, pretty face, height, smell, skin colour, voice, general figure or several other combinations but I believe those men are fewer than those aroused by naked boobs and vagyna; I stand to be corrected though
I dont know which planet you are on
How dare you leave ukwu out in your generous list
Re: Opinions Needed: Is Anything Wrong With Nudity ? by hopefulLandlord: 10:47pm On Jan 29, 2018
MuttleyLaff:

I dont know which planet you are on How dare you leave ukwu out in your generous list
lmao! forgive me sir, even I couldn't believe it missed it

1 Like

Re: Opinions Needed: Is Anything Wrong With Nudity ? by Emmanystone: 10:58pm On Jan 29, 2018
MuttleyLaff:

I dont know which planet you are on
How dare you leave ukwu out in your generous list
Hahahahahahahahahahaha. lolzzzzzzzz@Ukwu.
Re: Opinions Needed: Is Anything Wrong With Nudity ? by Emmanystone: 11:01pm On Jan 29, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

lmao! forgive me sir, even I couldn't believe it missed it
Lolzzzzz. I think God put Ukwu there just for you guys, becos, what is it's purpose anyways?
Re: Opinions Needed: Is Anything Wrong With Nudity ? by hopefulLandlord: 11:11pm On Jan 29, 2018
Emmanystone:

Lolzzzzz. I think God put Ukwu there just for you guys, becos, what is it's purpose anyways?

I've met several women who say they find male ukwu sexually attractive and arousing, I've even discussed at length with one who actually claims men with big ukwu have better "thrusting power" than men with smaller ukwu

2 Likes

Re: Opinions Needed: Is Anything Wrong With Nudity ? by Emmanystone: 11:58pm On Jan 29, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

I've met several women who say they find male ukwu sexually attractive and arousing, I've even discussed at length with one who actually claims men with big ukwu have better "thrusting power" than men with smaller ukwu
Not my area of interest.

2 Likes

Re: Opinions Needed: Is Anything Wrong With Nudity ? by inkaboutit4u(m): 12:06am On Jan 30, 2018
At creation God wants all creation to be NUDE. Including all humans.

[url]inkaboutit4u.com/?p=Naked_15_Top_Reasons_to_Be_Naked[/url]

This is God's great wisdom. God's designed for all humans to be nude forever.

http://inkaboutit4u.com/?p=Naturism_Christianity_Supports_Naturism

We disobey God, and we disobey God's desire and God's creation plan designed for all human to be nude.

http://inkaboutit4u.com/?p=Index_Nudity_Naturism

Instead we copy evil sinful Adam and Eve after they sin against God.

Especially ALL Christian should all nudist at convertion to propve they are a NEW CREATION in Christ Just like sinless Adam and Eve were before they sinned.

http://inkaboutit4u.com/?p=God_is_Very_Pro_Nudity_Pro_Sex_I_Prove_It

Nudity: NOT a sin.

God is very pro-nudity.

Many religious leaders are anti-nudity. One pastor researched nudity in the Bible and became a nudist, but his Church's Association kicked him out, based on wrong Church sexual teachings, based on false, “tradition of men” teaching. I also have a list of 205 reasons supporting Nudity. Show off the God created nude body and NOT just man made clothes.

If "NEW CREATION" Adam and Eve ate from the "tree of (eternal) life", then all creation, including all humans, would be 100% nude forever (heaven on earth) per God's desire and God's creation design for all creation.

Jesus came to reverse what Adam and Eve did, "NEW CREATIONS"Christians are , "NEW CREATIONS" in Christ, same as Adam and Eve before the fall into sin. "NEW CREATIONS" Christians should all be nudist to reflex that we are ,
"NEW CREATIONS" Christians in Christ.

Index Nudity Naturism pages http://inkaboutit4u.com/?p=Index_Nudity_Naturism

Sexual Freedom: NOT a sin.

God is pro-sexual freedom. God given Sexual freedom, God gave all creation at creation, including humans. Also support other places in the Bible with many examples of Godly men using their God given sexual freedom.

Index Sexual Freedom Pages http://inkaboutit4u.com/?p=Index_Sexual_Freedom_Pages

2 Likes

Re: Opinions Needed: Is Anything Wrong With Nudity ? by Gggg102(m): 6:41am On Jan 30, 2018
Daeylar:

thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Opinions Needed: Is Anything Wrong With Nudity ? by inkaboutit4u(m): 3:25am On Feb 03, 2018
Daeylar:

Thanks.

I totally agree NOTHING is wrong with everyone being nude.

Even God wanted all creation to be NUDIST, but we chose to obey evil , sinful Adam and Eve after the rejected God.

God's great nude human design and we think we are spiritual for covered up God designed human body.

That is as bad a covering up a great master piece painting.

Our body is a great master piece design from God himself and what do we do?

WE cover up God's master piece and call it evil.

Re: Opinions Needed: Is Anything Wrong With Nudity ? by danvon(m): 5:09am On Feb 03, 2018
@ Op How do you know they were not aroused? Sex is ingrained in their culture E.g sexual dances like twerking, rocking, one corner, usually have African origin so there's a high probability they would have sex with as many girls as possible

In places like America, where girls dressing provocatively is a way of life, men still get aroused even though it shouldn't be so

By the way what's the point of arguing let girls start dressing nude we'll see if your point is right
Re: Opinions Needed: Is Anything Wrong With Nudity ? by Gggg102(m): 9:21pm On Mar 16, 2018
danvon:
@ Op How do you know they were not aroused? Sex is ingrained in their culture E.g sexual dances like twerking, rocking, one corner, usually have African origin so there's a high probability they would have sex with as many girls as possible

In places like America, where girls dressing provocatively is a way of life, men still get aroused even though it shouldn't be so

By the way what's the point of arguing let girls start dressing nude we'll see if your point is right

arousal is partly psychological. what you find arousing is mostly dependent on what the environment thinks and has taught you to think is arousing. when people are taught that a body part is stimulating and should be hidden, they think it is. the covering of these body parts leads to a kind of mystery around that part. this can cause arousal if the body part is exposed due to excitement of seeing a mystery body part. if that same body part is left unbidden, the mystery factor is removed and it becomes 'meh, I see this body part everyday'. it becomes stale. the same way you won't look twice if you saw a car unlike a person from maybe the 12th century. or how people value rare things because you don't see them easily.

reason why a group of people can feel looking at a woman's hair or her hands can cause an arousal for men. those body parts are shrouded in mystery hence the excitement.

-they get aroused but to a lesser extent than those who are used to more covered up dressing.
a person who sees girls wear miniskirt everyday, he gets used to it and it becomes normal and a person who is used to seeing girls in ankle length skirts, feels seeing the legs are arousing. if both are shown a girl in a short skirt, their reactions would be different.
Re: Opinions Needed: Is Anything Wrong With Nudity ? by danvon(m): 8:56am On Mar 26, 2018
Gggg102:

-they get aroused but to a lesser extent than those who are used to more covered up dressing.
a person who sees girls wear miniskirt everyday, he gets used to it and it becomes normal and a person who is used to seeing girls in ankle length skirts, feels seeing the legs are arousing. if both are shown a girl in a short skirt, their reactions would be different.

Is there an instrument by which you measure arousal? America still remains the highest country in rape which by your logic shouldn't be so, the men should ave gotten used to the mini skirts
Re: Opinions Needed: Is Anything Wrong With Nudity ? by inkaboutit4u(m): 4:06am On Apr 11, 2018
danvon:
Is there an instrument by which you measure arousal? America still remains the highest country in rape which by your logic shouldn't be so, the men should ave gotten used to the mini skirts

USA has NO sexual freedom. Nudity and Sexual freedom is outlawed. That is the problem.

If everyone walked around nude all the time there would be less rape.
If Church promote masturbation there would be less rape.
The church is anti-nudity and anti-sex they cause most of the problem.
They should promote women to have lot more sex.
They outlaw prostitution . So where can a person legally go to get sexual enjoyment.

When ever Israel ruled over the people they alway had prostitution.

In Bible day they had lot of nude sports.

Church Baptist people in the nude.

http://inkaboutit4u.com/?p=Porn_Not_for_Rapists

http://inkaboutit4u.com/?p=_Family_Nudism_and_Our_Nudist_Lifestyle_purenudism_com

http://inkaboutit4u.com/?p=Nudity_Is_Natural_Wholesome_LibChrist

1 Like

Re: Opinions Needed: Is Anything Wrong With Nudity ? by danvon(m): 10:24am On Apr 12, 2018
inkaboutit4u:

USA has NO sexual freedom. Nudity and Sexual freedom is outlawed. That is the problem.

If everyone walked around nude all the time there would be less rape.
If Church promote masturbation there would be less rape.
The church is anti-nudity and anti-sex they cause most of the problem.
They should promote women to have lot more sex.
They outlaw prostitution . So where can a person legally go to get sexual enjoyment.

When ever Israel ruled over the people they alway had prostitution.

In Bible day they had lot of nude sports.

Church Baptist people in the nude.

http://inkaboutit4u.com/?p=Porn_Not_for_Rapists

http://inkaboutit4u.com/?p=_Family_Nudism_and_Our_Nudist_Lifestyle_purenudism_com

http://inkaboutit4u.com/?p=Nudity_Is_Natural_Wholesome_LibChrist
There are many churches that promote homosexuality

Public schools in some state teach kids masturbation
/fisting

https://www.sott.net/article/274581-Its-not-perfectly-normal-US-schools-teach-masturbation-to-8-year-olds

They outlawed prostitution but pornography is legal what is pornography? recorded prostitution

Re: Opinions Needed: Is Anything Wrong With Nudity ? by nlPoster: 12:38am On Dec 03, 2019

Gentlemanly behaviour, not rascally, uncouth, vulgar, immoral, etc etc. The list is endless.

(1) (Reply)

Prophet Odumeje Visits His Home Town To Share Food Items & Money / Simsons Predicted Kamala Harris' Inauguration Outfit Accurately! / Ogunsan Showers Encomium On Kumuyi At 81

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.