Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,983 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:36 AM

R - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / R (1562 Views)

Turbaning Ceremony Of Hon Chibuike R Amaechi In Duara Kastina (Video & Photos) / How Igbo Women Used Petitions To Influence British Authorities During Colonial R / R--B--. A Cult Of The Sustainer, The Nourisher Of Mankind. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

R by Nobody: 10:53pm On Jan 30, 2018
b
Re: R by anibirelawal(m): 10:54pm On Jan 30, 2018
That would be ME ! grin
Re: R by BUHARIISCURSED(m): 10:58pm On Jan 30, 2018
Both of them are child-abusers

1 Like

Re: R by sarrki(m): 11:00pm On Jan 30, 2018
Sultan is the supreme leader...

In ranking emir of Gwandu is above emir of kano

2 Likes

Re: R by littlewonders: 11:03pm On Jan 30, 2018
I respect both office. But I dislike their clandestine operations.
Re: R by redsun(m): 11:06pm On Jan 30, 2018
The one that is more useful is the one that more dynamic and useful to the citizens. Leadership is provisions and if you call yourself a leader and you are showing the ways that will uplift the people,you are not leading. Leadership is sacrifices.
Re: R by Likei(m): 11:10pm On Jan 30, 2018
They are both Fulani terrorists.
Re: R by redsun(m): 11:13pm On Jan 30, 2018
If a blind man guides a blind man,both will fall into pit-A reflection of Nigerian saga
Re: R by JikanBaura(m): 3:14pm On Jan 31, 2018
Prechbills:
The post of the Sultan of Sokoto which is currently occupied by Sa'adu Abubakar and the post of the Emir of Kano which is currently occupied by Sanusi Lamido Sanusi which is more relevant?

Please share your opinions
Post to FP

Cc;
Seun
Mynd44
Ishilove
Lalasticalla

You are asking between an emir and a sultan who is more relevant.

Sultan is to president as emirs are like governors.

We only have one sultan all the emirs are subject to him. Like someone here mention emir of Kano is not even close to emir of Gwandu in terms of ranking, Kano emirate is after Zazzau.

Kano has an advantage of population but it's still no where close to sultanate of Sokoto up till date.

1 Like

Re: R by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jan 31, 2018
JikanBaura:

You are asking between an emir and a sultan who is more relevant.

Sultan is to president as emirs are like governors.

We only have one sultan all the emirs are subject to him. Like someone here mention emir of Kano is not even close to emir of Gwandu in terms of ranking, Kano emirate is after Zazzau.

Kano has an advantage of population but it's still no where close to sultanate of Sokoto up till date.

What is the full ranking anyway?
Re: R by JikanBaura(m): 8:14pm On Jan 31, 2018
DevdanSanguine:

What is the full ranking anyway?

Really i can't say but this are the few i knew.

Sarkin Katsina was the first person Dan FodiO sent a letter to but he torned it apart and become the first hausa king to be defeated. Ummarun-Dan-lajji (A Fiers Fulani) was the one who defeat him.

Zazzau is considered 3rd on ranking due it then ruler Jatau who was the second person Dan-Fodio sent aid letter to isayaku jatau and jatau was the only hausa king to have shown him support with armies, food and clothes, a his beloved son Yakubu (Dan Ladi) who later found Bauchi emirate he is said to be the only hausa to be chosen by Dan FodiO to lead jahad. In Najmul Ihwan (Shehu book) , Shehu talk why he fight yunfa/Yunpa and that same book, he praises sarki isayaku Jatau (Yakubu father)

After Sarkin zazzau Isyaku(Jatau) death , Musa ( A Fulani was elected as the new sarki over jatau son Muhammadu (Makau) for political reasons , Makau revolt by flying to form Suleja emirate.

The Kano replaced by a Suleimana dan abrahima was Muhammad alwalid he was said to had shown shehu support but after Sarki runfa sent him a letter threatening him, He changed his mind.

Here are the list of people who collects Flag from SOkoto.

1 Malam Umaru Dallaji—-Katsina.
2 Malam Sulaimanu—-Kano.
3 Malam Musa—-Zazzau.
4 Malam Gwani Muktar—-Borno.
5 Malam Sambo —-Hadeja.
6 Malam Modibbo Adama —-Adamawa.
7 Malam Buba Yaro —-Gwambe.
8 Malam Ibrahim Zaki —-Katagun.
9 Malam Dendo (Danyo) —-Nufe.
10 Malam Abdul-Alimu —-Ilorin.
11 Malam Isiyaku —-Daura.
12 Malam ‘Dantunku —-Kazaure.
13 Malam Yakubu —-Bauchi.
14 Malam Muhammadu Manga —-Misau.
Re: R by Nobody: 10:29am On Feb 01, 2018
JikanBaura:

Sarkin Katsina was the first person Dan FodiO sent a letter to but he torned it apart and become the first hausa king to be defeated. Ummarun-Dan-lajji (A Fiers Fulani) was the one who defeat him.

Zazzau is considered 3rd on ranking due it then ruler Jatau who was the second person Dan-Fodio sent aid letter to isayaku jatau and jatau was the only hausa king to have shown him support with armies, food and clothes, a his beloved son Yakubu (Dan Ladi) who later found Bauchi emirate he is said to be the only hausa to be chosen by Dan FodiO to lead jahad. In Najmul Ihwan (Shehu book) , Shehu talk why he fight yunfa/Yunpa and that same book, he praises sarki isayaku Jatau (Yakubu father)

After Sarkin zazzau Isyaku(Jatau) death , Musa ( A Fulani was elected as the new sarki over jatau son Muhammadu (Makau) for political reasons , Makau revolt by flying to form Suleja emirate.

The Kano replaced by a Suleimana dan abrahima was Muhammad alwalid he was said to had shown shehu support but after Sarki runfa sent him a letter threatening him, He changed his mind.

2 Malam Sulaimanu—-Kano.
3 Malam Musa—-Zazzau.
5 Malam Sambo —-Hadeja.

Lol. I learn something new everyday. I've read these things in general but never bothered with the politics of it all. How did you come across all this info anyway?
Re: R by JikanBaura(m): 5:14pm On Feb 01, 2018
DevdanSanguine:

Lol. I learn something new everyday. I've read these things in general but never bothered with the politics of it all. How did you come across all this info anyway?

grin lol your ancestors had been plying politics for centuries, You shouldn't be bothered by it ofcause. Its in your blood grin

Books and book men's

Majarasatul islamiya tudun'wada school system made me learn the little I know. Because a day was specially given specifiedly as history learning day.

I dont know much but the little I know is mainly source from books i read back then at islamiya or the ones our teachers read , i read 2 of Dan fodio books , (1) Nasifatu-Ahluzzaman (2)(Najmul-ihwan) , and some few books written by other authors but with historical reference to his books, others books.

and also oral history about unforgettable events are still wide spread.

The Sunni Islamic schools declared every Wednesday as history day , nothing is taught in islamiya on Wednesday but only history , History lectures about great muslim scholars messenger's and prophets, lecture are given in open space , all students gardered to heed and later ask questions irrespectively of class differences. If an ulama gave lecture this Wednesdays it Will takes him a month or further before he deliver another lecture again at that same school.

Attended and heed to Islamic lectures that history is the subject. Mallam abas jega, Giro and Albani

Their also history books sold out in markets throughout sokoto and Kebbi, tho some of them carry facts their are two hiccups in them ( So we are not advice to read them but with Money one can hardly refused the keenness to buy or flipping through them.

Internet source like wikipedia , encolopedia take ko me grin makes history boring plus not all information puted their are fact, plus it doesn't say much about hausaland history and it don't say about his 12 grandparents whom where all born in Hausa land, it unfair Dan Fodio because it don't mentioned about his life before 1804, Plus it carries lots of wrong date,misinformation , Kai it totally corrupted piece of written.

1 Like

Re: R by Nobody: 5:42pm On Feb 01, 2018
JikanBaura:

grin lol your ancestors had been plying politics for centuries, You shouldn't be bothered by it ofcause. Its in your blood grin

Books and book men's

Majarasatul islamiya tudun'wada school system made me learn the little I know. Because a day was specially given specifiedly as history learning day.

I dont know much but the little I know is mainly source from books i read back then at islamiya or the ones our teachers read , i read 2 of Dan fodio books , (1) Nasifatu-Ahluzzaman (2)(Najmul-ihwan) , and some few books written by other authors but with historical reference to his books, others books.

and also oral history about unforgettable events are still wide spread.

The Sunni Islamic schools declared every Wednesday as history day , nothing is taught in islamiya on Wednesday but only history , History lectures about great muslim scholars messenger's and prophets, lecture are given in open space , all students gardered to heed and later ask questions irrespectively of class differences. If an ulama gave lecture this Wednesdays it Will takes him a month or further before he deliver another lecture again at that same school.

Attended and heed to Islamic lectures that history is the subject. Mallam abas jega, Giro and Albani

Their also history books sold out in markets throughout sokoto and Kebbi, tho some of them carry facts their are two hiccups in them ( So we are not advice to read them but with Money one can hardly refused the keenness to buy or flipping through them.

Internet source like wikipedia , encolopedia take ko me grin makes history boring plus not all information puted their are fact, plus it doesn't say much about hausaland history and it don't say about his 12 grandparents whom where all born in Hausa land, it unfair Dan Fodio because it don't mentioned about his life before 1804, Plus it carries lots of wrong date,misinformation , Kai it totally corrupted piece of written.

LMAO

This is actually a pretty swell idea because I have been wondering why our history isn't promoted in school curriculums but rather that of the west. I'm glad Islamic schools dedicate time for this (mine didnt) But it's not enough in my opinion. We should have this included in our school history subjects. We spoke a little about this in IRS but it was just one single class and was quite brief.

Accounts given by Wikipedia and generally foreign sources will usually use an outsider's point of view and will be devoid of full information like local sources will. So I will definitely try to find these local books. I have a lot more studying to do. Not even a book worm but these days I find that reading these stories of our past ancestors brings me so much joy and excitement.

Thanks for the tips. Thought you lived in kebbi. I didn't know you live in Kaduna, so do I. Not in the country right now but will be back pretty soon.

1 Like

Re: R by JikanBaura(m): 8:06pm On Feb 01, 2018
DevdanSanguine:

LMAO

This is actually a pretty swell idea because I have been wondering why our history isn't promoted in school curriculums but rather that of the west. I'm glad Islamic schools dedicate time for this (mine didnt) But it's not enough in my opinion. We should have this included in our school history subjects. We spoke a little about this in IRS but it was just one single class and was quite brief.

Accounts given by Wikipedia and generally foreign sources will usually use an outsider's point of view and will be devoid of full information like local sources will. So I will definitely try to find these local books. I have a lot more studying to do. Not even a book worm but these days I find that reading these stories of our past ancestors brings me so much joy and excitement.

Thanks for the tips. Thought you lived in kebbi. I didn't know you live in Kaduna, so do I. Not in the country right now but will be back pretty soon.

You're 100% right, enough has not been done to promote history in our school curriculum, less people are striving to make it happen, to make history books available for readers, to put Nigeria history on ebooks but unfortunately the government is not doing it job nor do our emir and the sultanate want to do just that. As far as i know no emir is planning to save their history for it being deluted with lies. They care less but Al'hamdulillah some individuals (Malamman mu na addinin) ,tho few, are doing all they can (with their limited resources) to garder and published our history on books and internet because. The The private books publishing companies of Nigeria also don't see anything worthy about their people history to publish. They are not interested in publishing history books cuz they think it won't bring them money. But like i said Masha'Allah some of our Muslim brothers are funding that because they have a history to tell, History that they are wholly proud of and it worth their money, time and effort.

Kai kamar kowa a, Indai Kai dan arewa ne zakaso jin tarahin Kasar ka, mukanyu Murna da zamudi. Kasan Allah dalibbai a Islamiya duk a Birnin Kebbi basa son missing makarata ranar Narna dan Kawai ranar tarihi ce.

:Dkana ta suburbudo turanci haka, ni na fara gajiya.. Ku yan KD bakuda dama cheesy cool

Amma fa You got it right. I'm from Birnin Kebbi and just like Kaduna, kebbi also has tudun'wada area. I assume the area exists in all hausa state.

Baka kasa, Toh Allah ya maida kai gida lafiya. smiley
Re: R by Nobody: 5:14pm On Feb 02, 2018
JikanBaura:

You're 100% right, enough has not been done to promote history in our school curriculum, less people are striving to make it happen, to make history books available for readers, to put Nigeria history on ebooks but unfortunately the government is not doing it job nor do our emir and the sultanate want to do just that. As far as i know no emir is planning to save their history for it being deluted with lies. They care less but Al'hamdulillah some individuals (Malamman mu na addinin) ,tho few, are doing all they can (with their limited resources) to garder and published our history on books and internet because. The The private books publishing companies of Nigeria also don't see anything worthy about their people history to publish. They are not interested in publishing history books cuz they think it won't bring them money. But like i said Masha'Allah some of our Muslim brothers are funding that because they have a history to tell, History that they are wholly proud of and it worth their money, time and effort.

Kai kamar kowa a, Indai Kai dan arewa ne zakaso jin tarahin Kasar ka, mukanyu Murna da zamudi. Kasan Allah dalibbai a Islamiya duk a Birnin Kebbi basa son missing makarata ranar Narna dan Kawai ranar tarihi ce.

:Dkana ta suburbudo turanci haka, ni na fara gajiya.. Ku yan KD bakuda dama cheesy cool

Amma fa You got it right. I'm from Birnin Kebbi and just like Kaduna, kebbi also has tudun'wada area. I assume the area exists in all hausa state.

Baka kasa, Toh Allah ya maida kai gida lafiya. smiley

Haka ne.

Ni kwanannan sai na ga magana a Hausa zalla yakan Dan Bani wahala. Shi yasa duk sanda na Kira gida ko wani bahaushe nakan takura wa kaina kada na hada da turanchi (Ingausa) Amma matsalan ne na Riga na Saba.

Kuuut! Da naji tudun wada na sha Kaduna ne. Kuma ni bakano ya kamata nasan ba Kaduna kadai ke da tudun wada ba tunda muna da tudun wada a Kano. Inaga yarda Ka Fadi hakane, akwai Tudun wada a Duka jihohin hausawa ko arewa ma gabadaya.

Ameen. Na gode.

1 Like

Re: R by odigbosky(m): 4:48pm On Feb 03, 2018
JikanBaura:

2 Malam Sulaimanu—-Kano.
3 Malam Musa—-Zazzau.
5 Malam Sambo —-Hadeja.

i thought Borno did not fall to the jihadists.
Also i need clarification about the Nupes
Re: R by Nobody: 4:51pm On Feb 03, 2018
odigbosky:

i thought Borno did not fall to the jihadists.
Also i need clarification about the Nupes

Good point.

(1) (Reply)

Ayen - They / Them... Learn How To Speak And Write Urhobo Language / Caribbeans In Nigeria / Was Odua An Osu?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.