Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,872 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:49 PM

20 Really Stupid Laws Around The World ( Photos) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 20 Really Stupid Laws Around The World ( Photos) (2324 Views)

Some Funny And Awkward Road Signs Spotted Around The World (PHOTOS) / Amazing Borders Around The World (Photos) / Beautiful Places Around The World(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

20 Really Stupid Laws Around The World ( Photos) by Nobody: 7:29am On Jan 31, 2018
I stumbled on something today at world. One of my colleagues was talking about her honeymoon in the US and she mentioned something weird. That "Mouth Action" is illegal in the USA. Knowing the US to be an open country and a wild place, I was shocked so I did some searches and did found it to be true. Even when married, Oral job is often considered sodomy. And Sodomy is illegal, in general, in Idaho, Utah, Michigan, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, and Louisiana.
So it got me thinking what are some weird laws that are still in use around the world. Here are the craziest 20 I could find. Enjoy.
Re: 20 Really Stupid Laws Around The World ( Photos) by Nobody: 7:36am On Jan 31, 2018
1 In Saudi Arabia, there is no minimum age for marriage. So a 90 year old man can marry a 4 year child and she can't by law refuse after marriage rites have been accepted by the Guardians. In 2008, a Saudi court refused an 8-year-old girl, who asked for a divorce from her 58-year-old husband.

Re: 20 Really Stupid Laws Around The World ( Photos) by Nobody: 7:37am On Jan 31, 2018
Looks interesting....
Re: 20 Really Stupid Laws Around The World ( Photos) by AdiscoPele: 7:43am On Jan 31, 2018
Hmmm
Re: 20 Really Stupid Laws Around The World ( Photos) by Nobody: 7:44am On Jan 31, 2018
In France, it is illegal to name a pig Napoleon. Apparently this is a slight to the great French general and emperor. For those who don't know him he was a smart French army general who conquered most of Europe. Even Hitler admired him. You would be arrested for this and can do over 2 year in jail. Remains me of the Buhari dog brouhaha then. George Orwell who wroteAnimal Farm would be in prison if he was French.
Creator: George Orwell

Re: 20 Really Stupid Laws Around The World ( Photos) by Paschal001: 7:50am On Jan 31, 2018
Waiting.. This sounds interesting. Ride on
Re: 20 Really Stupid Laws Around The World ( Photos) by Nobody: 7:52am On Jan 31, 2018
In Switzerland, it is illegal to flush a toilet after 10pm. If you do police would show up at your place and collect a fine. This one confounds me what happens if I want to use the toilet for number 2 after 10pm? Like are your serious !

Re: 20 Really Stupid Laws Around The World ( Photos) by Nobody: 7:54am On Jan 31, 2018
In Florida, USA it is illegal for a divorced or a widowed woman to skydive on a Sunday afternoon. huh like really?

Re: 20 Really Stupid Laws Around The World ( Photos) by Nobody: 7:59am On Jan 31, 2018
In Sweden, Norway, Iceland and the Netherlands it is illegal to be found buying the services of a prostitute, but here is the strange thing prostitution is legal ! prostitutes wouldn't be arrested for breaking the law only you for buying their service.

Re: 20 Really Stupid Laws Around The World ( Photos) by Nobody: 8:02am On Jan 31, 2018
In the republic of Samoa it is illegal to forget your wife’s birthday. Hahaha !!! they should add girlfriends too all Nigerian men would be in Jail. grin

Re: 20 Really Stupid Laws Around The World ( Photos) by Nobody: 8:08am On Jan 31, 2018
In England it is illegal to die in the House Of Parliament. You body would be arrested. and also in Japan if you commit suicide using the trains, your family would be charged the cost of repairs. But something tells me that if someone did do this, they wouldn’t face many repercussions?

Re: 20 Really Stupid Laws Around The World ( Photos) by Nobody: 8:11am On Jan 31, 2018
Utah you can marry your cousin, but only if you are both over the age of 65. Because, you know, when you turn 65 you’re known to have impeccable judgment.

Re: 20 Really Stupid Laws Around The World ( Photos) by Nobody: 8:16am On Jan 31, 2018
IN Oregon USA, talking dirty while having sex is illegal You both are expected to get on with it with no yapping or pre-intimacy undecided . Even though they don’t really specify what qualifies as dirty talk.

1 Like

Re: 20 Really Stupid Laws Around The World ( Photos) by Nobody: 8:22am On Jan 31, 2018
Massachusetts, USA it is deemed illegal for a woman to be on top during sex. No woman lead in missionary position and with the curtains pulled. So baby if we are in Massachusetts, I wouldn't get to ride you like the kheelshi did for Drogo. sorry. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: 20 Really Stupid Laws Around The World ( Photos) by Nobody: 8:28am On Jan 31, 2018
in Arizona USA, having more than two vibrators, or Love Machine in your home is illegal. If you own more than two in your house, you can be subject to criminal possession. Cucumber is a health fruit, get your mind out of the gutter. But seeing what cassava can do maybe they should ban it too. embarassed

1 Like

Re: 20 Really Stupid Laws Around The World ( Photos) by newyorks(m): 8:29am On Jan 31, 2018
am dumbfolded
Re: 20 Really Stupid Laws Around The World ( Photos) by Nobody: 8:31am On Jan 31, 2018
July 2013 a law was passed in China that states it is illegal for adult children to not visit their parents “often” in China. They are also required to attend to their parent’s spiritual needs. We need this in the East So all the Emekas and obis in Taiwan please come back home.

Re: 20 Really Stupid Laws Around The World ( Photos) by BornAgainMay: 8:36am On Jan 31, 2018
There is part of US where suicide is legal

Try n include that too
Re: 20 Really Stupid Laws Around The World ( Photos) by Nobody: 8:36am On Jan 31, 2018
In Singapore, chewing gum is ban and can only be bought from the pharmacy selling non-medical chewing gum or chewing normal gum is a fine of $1000. A second offense costs $2000 and being forced to clean a public area of the city for a day.

Re: 20 Really Stupid Laws Around The World ( Photos) by Nobody: 8:42am On Jan 31, 2018
In the Philippines you can be charged with the crime of “unjust vexation” for doing just that, vexing someone.So if you become an annoyance you can be picked up by the police and arrested for vexing me" . Nigerian pastors right now

Re: 20 Really Stupid Laws Around The World ( Photos) by Nobody: 8:46am On Jan 31, 2018
In Dubai, extramarital sex is against the law and could result in jail sentences for over a year. Which means that in rape cases, both the victim and the perpetrator could end up being charged with the same crime.huh ?

Re: 20 Really Stupid Laws Around The World ( Photos) by Nobody: 8:51am On Jan 31, 2018
In Hong Kong China it is legal to strangle a cheating husband to death, but with only your bare hands. Uhmm. Anyone wants to move to Hong kong?

Re: 20 Really Stupid Laws Around The World ( Photos) by Nobody: 8:57am On Jan 31, 2018
A law passed in 2009 in Japan states that it is illegal to be fat. Yes, it is forbidden to be fat in Japan.hahah !

Re: 20 Really Stupid Laws Around The World ( Photos) by Nobody: 9:00am On Jan 31, 2018
In Texas, if you are going to commit a crime, you legally have to give 24 hours notice to the police. Either orally or in written form.

1 Like

Re: 20 Really Stupid Laws Around The World ( Photos) by Nobody: 9:04am On Jan 31, 2018
In Scotland, if someone knocks on your door and requires the use of your toilet, you must let them enter.

Re: 20 Really Stupid Laws Around The World ( Photos) by Nobody: 9:08am On Jan 31, 2018
In Providence, Rhode Island, selling toothpaste and a toothbrush to the same customer on a Sunday is illegal.

1 Like

Re: 20 Really Stupid Laws Around The World ( Photos) by Khd95(m): 1:17pm On Jan 31, 2018
in naija it's illegal to be sane when you are Being questioned by the police.. u might be shot at

3 Likes

Re: 20 Really Stupid Laws Around The World ( Photos) by clitlicker: 1:44pm On Jan 31, 2018
reincarnation is illegal in china.

all the babawandes and iyabode deserve sentences. cheesy
Re: 20 Really Stupid Laws Around The World ( Photos) by happney65: 1:50pm On Jan 31, 2018
OP,Am sure you sef like Blow jobs too..Abi you no like am especially the way you do your mouth for DP..
Re: 20 Really Stupid Laws Around The World ( Photos) by adult91: 3:39pm On Jan 31, 2018
who is in charge of FP here? I'm loving this OP
Re: 20 Really Stupid Laws Around The World ( Photos) by Taiye4Christ(m): 6:40pm On Jan 31, 2018
Which kind mumu laws be these na? Me sef wan become senator abeg

Re: 20 Really Stupid Laws Around The World ( Photos) by kenevision(m): 9:10pm On Jan 31, 2018
Very funny laws grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Do I Get To Ogba Industrial Estate Ikeja / The New Canada Immigration Pathway Nigerians Are Using To Relocating To Canada / South Africa E Visa Online Real Or Fake

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.