Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,983 members, 7,852,314 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 03:56 PM

Pls Help With Php Script - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Pls Help With Php Script (659 Views)

Designing A Site With Php And Oracle Tutorial (Oracle 10G) / Php/mysql. Does Every Php Script Need A Database? / Controlling Cpanel With Php Scripts To Create Email, Dbase, Subdomains: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Help With Php Script by dexstep: 7:59am On Apr 17, 2010
Pls help with php script to retrieve form data from mysql database
Re: Pls Help With Php Script by OmniPotens(m): 9:15am On Apr 17, 2010
Do you really understand how it is being done?
1. You will either have a form or a means of sending the data into the database. Those are collected automatically or manually inserted by the clients on the website.
2. You then do the retrieving thing depending on how you want it. Either retrieve for personal use or for display on the website.

Have you done the number 1 and what method was used?

Have do you now wish to retrieve the data in question here

Re: Pls Help With Php Script by Nobody: 12:04am On Apr 18, 2010
@Poster. No specification of fields u won query from a database.

Make examples with case study if explanation may seem a hitch. And in the name if Omnipotence, i proclaim that good codes will rain!!! and with explanation!!!
Re: Pls Help With Php Script by Nobody: 8:22am On Apr 18, 2010
. . .
Re: Pls Help With Php Script by dexstep: 10:30am On Apr 18, 2010
Thanx 4 ur reply, i create a registration form to be submitted to mysql database,the form field include:username,name,phone number,address,age,email.
Once these form has been submitted.Member can search for their profile using their username to retrieve their profile from d file table user in mysql.
Pls i need d php script/sql to query my database and display member information on my site using their username as a keyword to query d database. thanks
Re: Pls Help With Php Script by Nobody: 12:42pm On Apr 18, 2010
i think the problem is that you have not fully learn php/mysql. What you are asking for involve the combination
of php/mysql.
If you are building the site from the scratch, i will like to ask if you are using sessions as in to store user information
after they are logged in. I dont know how you are storing user information into your dbase, maybe you are using
any kind of user id. I dont even know where to start from or where to end. I think it is best to find someone that
knows how to do this to chat with. It is rather complicated.
But if you are doing it right, when someone logs in, you should save at least the user id into session, then you can
display stuffs like "hello dhtml, Logout" on every page.
Then to get info of dhtml from say a table called webusers, you will run a query like "select firstname,username from webusers where id='{$_SESSION['userid']}'" or something like that. . .am outta here
Re: Pls Help With Php Script by Nobody: 12:23am On Apr 19, 2010
@DHTML. You are right, Here is what u meant mysql_query("SELECT name, age, class FROM users WHERE email=$_SESSION['email']"wink;

@Poster. I will drop the script. But come to think of it, it will do you good to learn php/sql, cause you will be able to handle such and more issues later.

Just a thought, hope no offence?
Re: Pls Help With Php Script by dexstep: 4:53am On Apr 19, 2010
Ok
Re: Pls Help With Php Script by phpcore: 8:39pm On Apr 19, 2010
Bravo, U guyz are good in making one understand a particular thing and u na wan dey wreck me, U guyz are really gud, Kudoz 2 u all. keep doing d good work, only Baba GOD will reward u guyz. shalom! From the desk of stan
Re: Pls Help With Php Script by Nobody: 8:54pm On Apr 19, 2010
no one wrecks anybody here, we all try to help each other in this big family (but if you do not do things the right way, you may not get the right results)
Re: Pls Help With Php Script by phpcore: 9:54pm On Apr 19, 2010
K, taken Man. Got U. tanx
Re: Pls Help With Php Script by Nobody: 11:52pm On Apr 19, 2010
No bozy is perfect. grin

And me i no see any bad issues wiff you, u be good man, tongue Just that you too dey miss interprete peeps personality,

But me self i don outgrow beefs, That time, i dey use am solve issues wiff my up coming work!!! grin

@DHTML. Watch out, na Donpuzo Extreme be the name ohhh.
Re: Pls Help With Php Script by Nobody: 12:26am On Apr 20, 2010
don-puzo-extreme!
Re: Pls Help With Php Script by Nobody: 2:15am On Apr 20, 2010
Exactly.
Re: Pls Help With Php Script by phpcore: 4:28am On Apr 20, 2010
K guyz, Enjoy! cheesy
Re: Pls Help With Php Script by Nobody: 4:21pm On Apr 20, 2010
grin cheers to donpuzo nice one
Re: Pls Help With Php Script by Nobody: 3:01pm On Apr 21, 2010
@pcguru. Thanks Sir!!!

(1) (Reply)

Pls Iwant To Delete My Old Posts On Nairaland. / Blogging @it's Best / Bannner Design/adwords(only Members With Reputation Of Being Trusted Please,)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.