Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,903 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:42 AM

Lessons From Adenuja Jnr Failed Bid - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Lessons From Adenuja Jnr Failed Bid (319 Views)

Dangote’s Bid To Merge Sugar, Salt, Rice Businesses Hits Brick Wall / Why Paddy Adenuga's Bid To Acquire Chevron Failed / Lessons From Innoson Vs GTBank Case Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lessons From Adenuja Jnr Failed Bid by Hmajeed(m): 11:00pm On Jan 31, 2018
Perhaps the main article is gonna be the article of the year, you may argue its too early to judge but in the whole of 2017 I never came across such an article looking at the insane story narrative.
Trust me, that's was the only article that made me use my jotter in a long time.
I read through the article, smiling at intervals and at times opening my mouth agape while saluting the Naijapreneurship in a guy we would conclude to be “Butty" and will be among those who would like to do “cool business ", he displayed such ruthlessness that could only be seconded by those of “Evans, the billionaire kidnapper". If you read through the story of his arrest you'd have to praised his sagacity, his plans, counter plans, his core analysis of happenings, his preparation for the unexpected and all, this made him seem untraceable even Abba Kyari had to confess that's the toughest criminal case he ever faced.
Going straight to the main points here are some fee things I've learnt from the article

1) Collaborate with your Competitors: I first heard of this concept from Leo Stan Ekoh, Founder of Zinox Technology an indigenous computer company, You'd be confused to note that the same company that makes computers for Nigerians is also the largest distributor for HP and other foreign computer companies. Its just about realising your core goals and look for all means possible to achieve them, in Daddy Leo's case he wanted to make computers available to every Nigerian family, realising that being in competition with Giants like HP which would be an automatic kick out for him, he quickly collaborated with them. At least the goal was to make computer available to all Nigerians he can still make that possible through a collaboration with HP, he achieves his goal, remains in business, and most importantly he makes extra money.!
2) Pull crazy legal stunts: I can't just help but burst into laughter when he talked about how he handled the case of Alex (the bureaucrat), He considered Alex request of him bidding for a partnership an insult on his personality and his company looking at his past records and his advisory board, He gave the guy a huge clap back and then sent some people to rally around him till the guy realised his “error" and made amends.
3)Follow your instincts: Every lover of Steve Jobs would be familiar with “experts are clueless ", while this may not be through in all cases but trust me if you find yourself obsessed with an idea or thought and all business consultant see it as not feasible and you trust it as a huge impact it can make in pushing the human race forward, Bro plz go for it. Paddy learnt that in an harsh way, if he had followed his mind and neglected the words of the “financial experts" he could have acquired the company of his dreams and Pa Adenuga would be proud of him, it can be understood from his own perspective considering that his mentor was not in support of this crazy “proposal".
4) Always do a little Pro vs Con game: Many of us are quite familiar with the SWOT analysis, and also familiar with the best case scenario and worst case scenario analysis, you'd agree with me that he stood a better chance of winning the bid if he had informed Remi about his plans, but he was not ready to unearth this work in process to any Nigerian with a close relationship with his family for the time being, but this later proved to be a not well thought of plan. Cos if he had informed him the worst case would have been Remi talking him into dropping that hustle and devote his energy into developing the family business which a “Hungry and Foolish" 29 year old won't accept, and in the best case Remi would have helped him with the necessary connections needed to have a JV with Petrogas in Oman.

All in all it was a great experience for him, and I'm sure he as learnt enough lesson to prepare him for any future bid.
I wanna specially appreciate him, his narratives made me comprehend more clearly some concepts in investment and acquisitions. I'm gonna keep this article in my online drive for my son to read, and I hope one of the many NGOs concerned about Kidpreneurship will convert the story into a book for kids to learn from I'd suggest it be titled “Paddy's Business Exploit"

This is how far a 21 year old Corper can go, You may as well highlight some lessons I didn't mention. You may be wanna be nice to ignore some missing words or typos I had to do this on my phone before procrastination comes my way.

I would appreciate if anyone can connect me with either Paddy, Sujubomi of Sujimoto or Jason of Irokotv.
I need better mentor e daa kun.

Email:abdulhakeema04@gmail.com

(1) (Reply)

CBN’s Nigeria PMI: January 2018 Data – Slowed Improvement In Business Conditions / Customers Purchase N1.7bn Airtime Through Firstbank’s ATM / Show The Light; Beam Felix Idiga

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.