Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,765 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:13 AM

Difference Between Debit And Credit Card - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Difference Between Debit And Credit Card (1078 Views)

The Meanings Of Visa, Verve, Mastercard, Naira, Dollar, Debit & Credit Card / Emv Debit And Credit And Debit Card Reader And Writer V8.6 / Differences Between Debit And Credit Cards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Difference Between Debit And Credit Card by Askgloria(f): 2:24pm On Feb 02, 2018
The difference between a debit card and a credit card is where the cards pull the money when a purchase is made. A debit card holder can use his/her card to make purchases, provided he/she has funds available in the account while a credit card is offered to those who fulfil various eligibility criteria. A separate credit card account is opened in which the credit limit specified by the lender is available.
Understanding the difference allows you to make wise financial decisions.

DEBIT CARD

Debit cards can be used at ATM machines to withdraw funds that are already available to you. The money will be debited from your savings/current account in real time. If you do not have sufficient funds in your account at the time of making a purchase using your debit card, the transaction will not go through except the account is linked to an overdraft account.

CREDIT CARD

You will have to make a monthly payment at the end of your credit card billing cycle, where you will be required to make a payment towards your outstanding amount. Financial institutions look at your credit score before approving a loan or a credit card, as the score is used to judge whether or not you will be able to repay the loan or outstanding amount on your credit card.

Credit card is the loan that the bank provides you at the time of making a purchase.

Below are the differences between a debit card and a credit card.

Debit card: This takes money directly from your account when you buy something via POS or make withdrawals using the ATM.

Credit card: Only credit available in the credit card account can be used to make transaction.

Debit card: Repayment of fund is not required.

Credit card: Repayment of outstanding fund is required.

Debit card: Don’t have access to overdraft

Credit card: Overdraft facility is available. However, an overlimit fee is chargeable.

Debit card: Charges include processing fee, annual fee, etc.

Credit card: Charges include processing fee, annual fee, late payment fee, prepayment penalty etc.

Debit card: A savings/current account holder can can request for a debit card without fulfilling any lenders eligibility criteria.

Credit card: In order to get a credit card, the customer must fulfill the lender’s eligibility criteria.

Debit card: Transactions made on a debit card does not affect an individual’s credit history.

Credit card: Transactions made on the credit card is reflected on an individual’s credit history.

Debit card: This can be used anywhere, but requires access to real-time funds.

Credit card: This can be used anywhere and function like mini-loans.

http://askgloriawems.com/1169-2/

2 Likes

Re: Difference Between Debit And Credit Card by Godwinfury(m): 2:29pm On Feb 02, 2018
Educatively Educating, now I understand better.... Thanks for this.

2 Likes

Re: Difference Between Debit And Credit Card by lacruz12(m): 3:18pm On Feb 02, 2018
You have done what Napoleon could not do

1 Like

Re: Difference Between Debit And Credit Card by dingbang(m): 4:25pm On Feb 02, 2018
Nice one.

1 Like

Re: Difference Between Debit And Credit Card by Askgloria(f): 5:06pm On Feb 02, 2018
Godwinfury:
Educatively Educating, now I understand better.... Thanks for this.

You're welcome smiley
Re: Difference Between Debit And Credit Card by sharjeelbhai: 11:58am On Apr 01, 2021
Hi there! Nice material, do keep me posted when you post something like this again! I will visit this blog leaps and bounds for more quality posts like it. Thanks... best iso agent program
Re: Difference Between Debit And Credit Card by sharjeelbhai: 8:50pm On Apr 02, 2021
Thanks for the nice blog. It was very useful for me. I'm happy I found this blog. Thank you for sharing with us,I too always learn something new from your post. Telecom Recruiters
Re: Difference Between Debit And Credit Card by asadkhatri627: 8:51am On Apr 04, 2021
Hello There. I found your blog using msn. This is an extremely well written article. I will be sure to bookmark it and return to read more of your useful information. Thanks for the post. I’ll certainly comeback. capstone project help
Re: Difference Between Debit And Credit Card by asadkhatri627: 9:13pm On Apr 04, 2021
You have done a great job on this article. It’s very readable and highly intelligent. You have even managed to make it understandable and easy to read. You have some real writing talent. Thank you. credit card processing iso
Re: Difference Between Debit And Credit Card by asadkhatri627: 11:32pm On Apr 11, 2021
i love reading this article so beautiful!!great job! fotomurales zaragoza

(1) (Reply)

You Can Start A Viable Business With As Low As N60k / You Can Import Goods With Letter Of Credit In Nigeria, See How It Works / You Can Now Buy And Sell secondhand items Online Using u-Snapp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.