Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,794 members, 7,820,791 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:41 PM

Fire Accident Victim Rejected By General Hospitals In Lagos Dies (Graphic) - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Fire Accident Victim Rejected By General Hospitals In Lagos Dies (Graphic) (30951 Views)

21-Year-Old Woman Falls Into Domestic Well In Kwara And Dies (Graphic) / Nigerian Lady Who Was Injured In Gas Explosion Dies (Graphic Photos) / Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fire Accident Victim Rejected By General Hospitals In Lagos Dies (Graphic) by pascalval: 6:53am On Feb 03, 2018
Nawoo so sad rip to the dead
Re: Fire Accident Victim Rejected By General Hospitals In Lagos Dies (Graphic) by Ashuale(m): 6:53am On Feb 03, 2018
Sorry for the loss.
With this degree and percentage burns in the picture attached, it is not a general hospital case. There's a unit in teaching hospitals called BURNS and PLASTIC UNIT where this kind of case is handled. I don't have the details of this story but going to "all the GENERAL HOSPITALS" is actually unbelievable. People see REERRAL as REJECTION in this clime.

3 Likes

Re: Fire Accident Victim Rejected By General Hospitals In Lagos Dies (Graphic) by ipobarecriminals: 6:53am On Feb 03, 2018
sad
Re: Fire Accident Victim Rejected By General Hospitals In Lagos Dies (Graphic) by kingben06: 6:55am On Feb 03, 2018
OMG
ALLAH HELP ME TO B A GOOD DOCTOR
Re: Fire Accident Victim Rejected By General Hospitals In Lagos Dies (Graphic) by kense88: 6:55am On Feb 03, 2018
MemphisRaynes:
No value for life even by our Health institutions, despite their "hypocritic" oath. This is the same way a Hospital in Nigeria dischared my Mom in her worst state, only for her to die in another Hospital.
Really sorry about your mom. It such a terrible place to be.Doing my best to leave this country before 2019 election
Re: Fire Accident Victim Rejected By General Hospitals In Lagos Dies (Graphic) by Juell(m): 7:00am On Feb 03, 2018
toprealman:
Just admit that you just got a boner looking at at the pic of a lady in agony. Twisted mind!
The fact that you got a boner doesn't mean every man did. Confused being.
Re: Fire Accident Victim Rejected By General Hospitals In Lagos Dies (Graphic) by toprealman: 7:05am On Feb 03, 2018
Juell:

The fact that you got a boner doesn't mean every man did. Confused being.
Every man indeed! Just show some respect to the family and the dead.
Re: Fire Accident Victim Rejected By General Hospitals In Lagos Dies (Graphic) by Juell(m): 7:09am On Feb 03, 2018
toprealman:
Every man indeed! Just show some respect to the family and the dead.
Taking pictures a loved one in pains and posting it online is totally wrong and disrespectful, I can't even imagine myself doing that to a stranger talkmore of a family member. Just try and think straight and stop quoting me plz
Re: Fire Accident Victim Rejected By General Hospitals In Lagos Dies (Graphic) by sartorius(m): 7:09am On Feb 03, 2018
May her soul Rip. Most of general hospitals are not suited to manage the severity of this case. Specialized Burns unit
Re: Fire Accident Victim Rejected By General Hospitals In Lagos Dies (Graphic) by kevoh(m): 7:13am On Feb 03, 2018
adisasegun:
Can you imagine? i saw a tread that reads» Muslim Guy Spotted Reading Koran While Getting High On Orijin(Photos)«, when i tried to open it this is what i saw, if it is a tread abusing Christian faith it won't be removed by nairaland moderators. Especially the ones of a mad man called Daddy freeze. Christians be wise.
Does your being a Christian also involve you not having sympathy for a burn victim. Why not open a special thread in the religion section and make your complaint there!

@OP
This is sad. I feel sorry for her and the family. Our hospitals don't seem to be able to handle much, thanks to years of neglect from the government. Anything beyond primary healthcare comes with some difficulty.
Re: Fire Accident Victim Rejected By General Hospitals In Lagos Dies (Graphic) by IgboBasthard: 7:15am On Feb 03, 2018
AFONJAPIG:
wow the 3rd pix I love that style she pose, very seductive, I wish I'm the nurse attending to her... meanwhile Buhari will die a miserable death. Rest on my dear young lady

Too many Eastern immigrants in Lagos state, the refugees have overwhelmed all our infrastructure and amenities. Bastards fRome the Yeast.
Re: Fire Accident Victim Rejected By General Hospitals In Lagos Dies (Graphic) by toprealman: 7:17am On Feb 03, 2018
Juell:

Taking pictures a loved one in pains and posting it online is totally wrong and disrespectful, I can't even imagine myself doing that to a stranger talkmore of a family member. Just try and think straight and stop quoting me plz
I'm sure your little mind cannot comprehen that the family is making a case for this rejection which is uncalled for.....dimp!
Re: Fire Accident Victim Rejected By General Hospitals In Lagos Dies (Graphic) by SAMBARRY: 7:30am On Feb 03, 2018
dominique:
All the General hospitals in Lagos? Does she know how many general hospitals in Lagos and where they're located? Did they all give reasons for not admitting her? I feel bad for her all the same. I can imagine how painful and frustrating it is trying to get much needed help for your loved one to no avail. May God console the bereaved and rest the soul of the departed.
face it Nigerians are too wicked and cruel.the poor and the rich.everyone seems to be like she's not kuku my sister,na your problem be that,she's not in my church/mosque,she's not my father or mother.we only show empathy if we're directly related to the person or there's money involved

Trust me if the sister said on any social media platform that she's looking for any hospital in Lagos and places a 50 million price tag on it,trust me,she Will see 500 hospitals in Lagos,begging her to be admitted.shioorr
Re: Fire Accident Victim Rejected By General Hospitals In Lagos Dies (Graphic) by AFONJAPIG(m): 7:31am On Feb 03, 2018
IgboBasthard:

Too many Eastern immigrants in Lagos state, the refugees have overwhelmed all our infrastructure and amenities. Bastards fRome the Yeast.
abeg crawl back to ur village Ogun state... Lagos is not ur village... meanwhile save all this ur vulturistic AFONJA strength for Fulani terrorist causing carnage here and there in Yoruba land grin grin
Re: Fire Accident Victim Rejected By General Hospitals In Lagos Dies (Graphic) by Vado(m): 7:32am On Feb 03, 2018
Rest well lady. If only your name was Yusuf Buhari.

1 Like

Re: Fire Accident Victim Rejected By General Hospitals In Lagos Dies (Graphic) by SAMBARRY: 7:37am On Feb 03, 2018
Ashuale:
Sorry for the loss.
With this degree and percentage burns in the picture attached, it is not a general hospital case. There's a unit in teaching hospitals called BURNS and PLASTIC UNIT where this kind of case is handled. I don't have the details of this story but going to "all the GENERAL HOSPITALS" is actually unbelievable. People see REERRAL as REJECTION in this clime.
but at least THEY should give her first aid treatment and ease her pain.the depression that comes with the rudeness of hospital staffs alone is enough to kill her.I hate hospital staffs in Nigeria because they lack empathy.I doubt whether they feel pain especially those nurses.because of them I eat healthy so that as much as possible I Will have no reason to be in the hospital
Re: Fire Accident Victim Rejected By General Hospitals In Lagos Dies (Graphic) by pooozeee(m): 7:37am On Feb 03, 2018
Groovenaija360:
Ngozichukwu J Nwokoye took to social media to mourn her little sister who was a victim of fire accident, after she passed away yesterday.

Ngozichukwu said her sister was rejected by all the General Hospitals in Lagos and now she is dead.

She wrote..

See Graphic photos below..

>>> https://groovenaija360.com.ng/fire-accident-victim-rejected-by-all-the-general-hospitals-in-lagos-is-now-dead/

My dear take heart, sorry about your sister, may her soul rest in perfect peace, may God grant the family the fortitude to bear the loss

For the purpose of safety, could you please shear more light about the incident, was it a gas explosion, was it a fire out brake, or kerosine explosion

This is just for the purpose of disaster and fire management

Thank you
Re: Fire Accident Victim Rejected By General Hospitals In Lagos Dies (Graphic) by d33types: 7:40am On Feb 03, 2018
Tolumiide:
does doctors have the right to reject patience in critical conditions?
Environment and health care services are part of the determinants of health.
She would have survived it if accepted or referred.
RIP.
Sad news its only the life of the elites that matters and they get treated abroad.
Nigerian life matters. I think the Lagos state Government should take this case up, investigate it and do something about it. the doctors need to know that life matters, the confidence of lagosian need to be restored. we have beautiful city, we need good health care services. this is sad and better imagined.

Yes they have the right to reject especially if hospitals don't have the basics such as oxygen. I cannot admit you as an emergency and be looking at your face. Stop blaming doctors and blame the government
Re: Fire Accident Victim Rejected By General Hospitals In Lagos Dies (Graphic) by Gkemz: 7:48am On Feb 03, 2018
The degree of burn is very critical going by the picture posted. Saving her life has a 50:50 chances and perhaps the hospitals lacked the necessary equipment and personnel. Sorry for the loss. RIP to the victim. It's good that she finally found rest.
Re: Fire Accident Victim Rejected By General Hospitals In Lagos Dies (Graphic) by rayobaba(m): 7:48am On Feb 03, 2018
Juell:
Why exposing her sis's unclothedness? Haba have some respect for the dead na
hello, she's passing a message not exposing her body, havent u seen woman body before!
Re: Fire Accident Victim Rejected By General Hospitals In Lagos Dies (Graphic) by CSTR2: 7:50am On Feb 03, 2018
If this happened in America, the family would be salivating at the prospect of millions of dollars from punitive damages after sueing all the hospitals for all they are worth.

Infact,law firms would be practiclly begging for this so as to get free percentage.

1 Like

Re: Fire Accident Victim Rejected By General Hospitals In Lagos Dies (Graphic) by Nobody: 7:51am On Feb 03, 2018
dominique:
All the General hospitals in Lagos? Does she know how many general hospitals in Lagos and where they're located? Did they all give reasons for not admitting her? I feel bad for her all the same. I can imagine how painful and frustrating it is trying to get much needed help for your loved one to no avail. May God console the bereaved and rest the soul of the departed.
I have had the same issue with my sister in 2010, Four different general hospital in Lagos rejected her. Thank God she lives!
Re: Fire Accident Victim Rejected By General Hospitals In Lagos Dies (Graphic) by chukwuboi(m): 7:52am On Feb 03, 2018
We dont actually hv hospitals in Nigeria
Re: Fire Accident Victim Rejected By General Hospitals In Lagos Dies (Graphic) by heysquare(m): 7:53am On Feb 03, 2018
Olawalesadiq:
Useless and Shithole country. what i notice in this shithole country called Nigeria is that if you are poor many things go do you. at it being na rich man pikin they will accept her ooo no matter what. but see the level of ignorance and stupidity in this shithole country.

R.I.P to the dead
alws rmmber dat u r what ur country is. whatever names u call ur country dats exactly what u r: if u wake up and say God Bless Nigeria u r indirectly praying for ursef and u wil surely av d share of d blessing but u call her shithole, ur share too wud be shithole. God Bless Nigeria
Re: Fire Accident Victim Rejected By General Hospitals In Lagos Dies (Graphic) by drphantom: 7:56am On Feb 03, 2018
Looking at th extent of her injuries, I can surmise that the victim was referred and not rejected (two different things).
Burns of this severity require specialized care in a burns unit and not on a hospital bed as the victims tend to die from dehydration, loss of electrolytes and infections and not the burns directly.

Not every general hospital has a burns unit that can asefely manage this degree of injury, so most likely the patient was referred. But in Nigeria once you enter a hospital with a serious condition and are not admitted, every says you have been rejected.

RIP to the dead

Groovenaija360:
Ngozichukwu J Nwokoye took to social media to mourn her little sister who was a victim of fire accident, after she passed away yesterday.

Ngozichukwu said her sister was rejected by all the General Hospitals in Lagos and now she is dead.

She wrote..

See Graphic photos below..

>>> https://groovenaija360.com.ng/fire-accident-victim-rejected-by-all-the-general-hospitals-in-lagos-is-now-dead/

2 Likes

Re: Fire Accident Victim Rejected By General Hospitals In Lagos Dies (Graphic) by Patng: 7:57am On Feb 03, 2018
what a country-Nigeria, see how this girl lost her life to rejection by the general hospitals in Lagos.
May her soul rest in peace.
Re: Fire Accident Victim Rejected By General Hospitals In Lagos Dies (Graphic) by drphantom: 7:57am On Feb 03, 2018
Rogosa:

I have had the same issue with my sister in 2010, Four different general hospital in Lagos rejected her. Thank God she lives!

Was she rejected or was she referred? There is a difference sir

1 Like

Re: Fire Accident Victim Rejected By General Hospitals In Lagos Dies (Graphic) by Galaticos444: 8:00am On Feb 03, 2018
helphelp:
Our healthcare sector is a mess
d country is a mess or rather a shithole country

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

575 New COVID-19 Cases, 249 Discharged And 20 Deaths On July 10 - (2609 Tested) / Sexual Intercourse, Not Masturbation Could Help Prevent Prostrate Cancer / Young Man Electrocuted While Working On A Building In Benue State (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.